Author Topic: [WIP/ALPHA REL]Battle Interface Reconstruction  (Read 208063 times)

Kranmer

• View Profile
Re: [WIP/ALPHA REL]Battle Interface Reconstruction
« Reply #125 on: 2010-07-27 19:14:52 »
I actually just tried delete some things and by trial and error I got it but thanks a lot. One thing I still can't seem to do though is make the "attack box" transparent. I enabled the make all dialog boxes transparent in the driver options but I can't seem to get that box to work.

To make the attack command box transparent you need to use the old shaders (the shaders folder from a old version of Aali's Custom driver like 0.7.7) with 0.7.8,
Aali mentioned this here
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=10191.msg142395#msg142395
Also there are side effects to doing this (like clouds head on the world map being transparent)

AngeBleu

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2010-07-28 10:20:40 »
I want to have this: http://img714.imageshack.us/f/problemf.png/

What patches do we instal for have this ?
Can you make a tutorial (video if it's possible), because, I tested it ,and it doesn't work  :|
« Last Edit: 2010-07-29 12:07:31 by AngeBleu »

GI-Jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2010-07-28 16:53:40 »
To be honest all the resources you need are right here. I would go on page one and read kranmers first post. Make sure you have all the necessary requirements he listed before installing his patch.  Once you meet those requirements install his patch and check in game you should have a transparent battle interface. Then if you keep looking on these pages you will see that kranmer added many updates to his patch such as no hp bars,no eye opener etc. Install those to you liking and you should be fine. The only other thing I did was download Armorvils edit of the TA Menuart which is also found on a page in this topic.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Battle Inferface Reconstruction [WIP]
« Reply #128 on: 2010-07-28 20:19:05 »
Only partially related, but where are the default window color digits stored in vanilla FF7?

Anyone know this? Just out of curiosity.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Re: Battle Inferface Reconstruction [WIP]
« Reply #129 on: 2010-07-28 21:35:18 »
Only partially related, but where are the default window color digits stored in vanilla FF7?

Anyone know this? Just out of curiosity.

Are you asking for the PC or PSX?

On the PC it's in menu_[region].lgp. The relevant files might be btl_win_*.tex or [region]font_*.tex. I don't know which you're asking for.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #130 on: 2010-07-29 11:33:17 »
PSX. Actually, anyone just know the RGB values? I could probably search for them myself.

I've always wanted a hex editor that can mark up the locations of multiple values, and mark up areas where certain values are in close proximity to one another. Anyone know of such a hex editor?

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #131 on: 2010-07-29 16:46:53 »
The data is all compressed on a PSX do there really isn't anything "next to each other"

The initial color data is located in an initialization function to create the savemap. It's created from hard coded static variables somewhere in the kernel and then the bulk of the initial save map is copied from section 4 of kernel.bin after that.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #132 on: 2010-07-29 16:55:52 »
The data is all compressed on a PSX do there really isn't anything "next to each other"

The initial color data is located in an initialization function to create the savemap. It's created from hard coded static variables somewhere in the kernel and then the bulk of the initial save map is copied from section 4 of kernel.bin after that.

Why didn't I think of checking the savemap resources first? So, section 4 of the kernel is basically a big savemap, offsets 0x48 - 0x54 being the RGB values? Gotcha.

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #133 on: 2010-07-30 05:53:10 »
section 4 of the kernel.bin in the initial values for the game, but not the whole savemap, just the top chunk of it.

Nywie93

• View Profile
Re: [WIP/ALPHA REL]Battle Interface Reconstruction Help
« Reply #134 on: 2010-10-03 19:07:25 »
Hello i have problem for patch.
Can not find the file . Search the files
I go to SquareSoft FFVII and i select FF7.exe
Can not acces the file , Maybe it in use
Please Close the file before patching
But my file FF7 is not used OO
What the problems please
bye
Edit2: Filesize Check Failed
nothing patched
« Last Edit: 2010-10-03 19:12:25 by Nywie93 »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP/ALPHA REL]Battle Interface Reconstruction Help
« Reply #135 on: 2010-10-03 19:11:54 »
Hello i have problem for patch.
Can not find the file . Search the files
I go to SquareSoft FFVII and i select FF7.exe
Can not acces the file , Maybe it in use
Please Close the file before patching
But my file FF7 is not used OO
What the problems please
bye
I can think of two possibilities:
1. FF7 is in the Program Files directory. You need administrator access to edit anything in there, if you're using Windows Vista or 7. Make sure to run the patcher as administrator.
2. FF7 has a habit of not closing properly on some systems. If you've played it recently, try restarting your computer.

Nywie93

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2010-10-03 19:16:10 »
i have french version , this is not compatible no?
(yes i have test to the FF7 english remix is done sorry for post :/)
« Last Edit: 2010-10-03 19:23:35 by Nywie93 »

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2010-10-03 21:30:21 »

I don't think this is compatible with the french version (i haven't tested but i suspect the EXE is too different), i can look into making a french version of this at some point if you want me to (although it may be awhile until i get around to it),
I am currently working on making a Italian version of this (at "indrema"'s request) but there seems to be quite a few different things in the EXE (also my virus scanner keeps going crazy on the Italian EXE is detected as a virus on my scanner)

Gemini

• Not learner's Guru
    • View Profile
    • Devil Hackers
« Reply #138 on: 2010-10-03 21:46:16 »
The Italian exe is actually a Spanish EXE with altered messages. You can work directly on that one and avoid all the virus false positives.

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2010-10-03 21:51:43 »
Thanks for that Gemini, i didnt realise the Italian EXE was a modifyed Spanish EXE, that should save time if i need to do both Spanish and Italian versions of this patch, And i knew the Spanish version gave false postives and i guess thats why i am getting the same problem with the Italian EXE so thanks for clearing that up.

Gemini

• Not learner's Guru
    • View Profile
    • Devil Hackers
« Reply #140 on: 2010-10-03 22:42:55 »
Weird, I thought it was giving you false positives because the exe was modified by external data. Oh well, I guess there's something rotten in the original file anyway. ???

indrema

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2010-10-04 19:27:24 »

I don't think this is compatible with the french version (i haven't tested but i suspect the EXE is too different), i can look into making a french version of this at some point if you want me to (although it may be awhile until i get around to it),
I am currently working on making a Italian version of this (at "indrema"'s request) but there seems to be quite a few different things in the EXE (also my virus scanner keeps going crazy on the Italian EXE is detected as a virus on my scanner)

Always TNX for your hard work ;)

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #142 on: 2010-10-05 13:34:42 »
Weird, I thought it was giving you false positives because the exe was modified by external data. Oh well, I guess there's something rotten in the original file anyway. ???

?

What, does the exe have a checksum somewhere? Or does the Italian just fill strings with pointers etc. to some 'alien' source (something appended to the binary)?

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2010-11-16 12:34:31 »
OK guys just a quick update, i am hoping to release 0.3 soon (i have been kind of busy recently so i haven't had much time to work on it), 0.3 be mostly the same as 0.2 but now i have got the Battle Arena and character limit slots to the bottom of the screen and i will include the extra patch's included in this thread (like "No Eyeopener" etc), But i still have not been able to make any progress on the White Line during Limit breaks and the KOR summon.
I have also been having a crack at a new interface, its still a WIP but here it is so far
Without TA 2.0.7

With TA GUI 2.0.7

I may release a beta of that if anyone would like to test it when i release 0.3, it will only be a beta since there are still quite a few things that need fixing in it, like HP bars disappear when the battle commands come up (although i have nearly fixed that as shown in those pictures but it does sometimes still glitch) and CHANGE is off screen right now but that should be a easy fix, and i need to make CHANGE and DEFEND transparent as well (if i can) since they still appear in the normal boxes. And for the new interface i couldnt decide where to put the barrier bars so currently i have them behind the Limit and Time bars but if anyone has a better idea i will take it into consideration.
Also the new interface is currently only for the normal 1.02 English game and isn't compatible with the 9999 Limit break patch yet (i intend to add support in the future but right now it isn't supported since this is only a test version) but it should be compatible with other patch's that dont alter the battle interface in anyway.
« Last Edit: 2010-11-16 12:38:20 by kranmer »

Timber

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2010-11-16 14:56:57 »
Thanks for the update, nice to see your progress.

For your new interface, here are my suggestion of what I think would look good:

- Move the Name/HP/MP/Bars to the left side of the screen, and the Battle Menu to the right side of the screen.
- Keep the Battle menu in a box, but make the box semi transparent.
- Need the HP and MP bars back, especially now that there is no MaxHP number.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2010-11-20 17:40:07 »
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_Ed2n6bX4DDM/TOgVklvA2HI/AAAAAAAAADE/xm-H8zhd-ag/coin.PNG

I have corrected the command menu and the coin menu (with a little knowledge from aali also).  The main battle menu is now done.  But half the job and testing still to do.

The cursor on above picture is to be moved slightly.

djkoopa

• View Profile
    • DJ Koopa Official Site
« Reply #146 on: 2010-12-17 20:23:28 »
Just a quick question - is it possible to have the battle menu moved to the bottom of the screen, but keep the semi-transparent background of the new battle menu interface from Aali's driver?

kela51

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/killakela51
« Reply #147 on: 2010-12-27 22:44:44 »
hello guys!!
is it possible to make this mod for limitbreak patch please ? and if it's possible to make a good tutorial for what patch do we install step for step. I would like to have the same as that picture: http://img714.imageshack.us/i/problemf.png/
thanks!!

kela51.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2010-12-28 14:38:34 »
At the end I or Kranmer may look at it, but for now we are sorting the main patch.

kela51

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/killakela51
« Reply #149 on: 2010-12-28 15:12:22 »
ok man!!
thanks!! ;)

kela51.