Author Topic: FF9 and all of its complaints  (Read 25556 times)

Joey

• View Profile
FF9 and all of its complaints
« on: 2001-02-12 12:12:00 »
Here are some of my complaints about FF9....and post some of yours too.

1)It contains snippets of code from almost all FFs, even from SNES(which is also C++)
which caused the bug where you can't play in a usual emu like bleem! and in some older vers of PSX.

2)It is VERY diffucult to level up or gain AP.

That's all for now.

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2001-02-12 15:34:00 »
OI JOEY, U FOOL!!
SNES GAMES WERE DONE ASSEMBLY U PICK

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #2 on: 2001-02-12 18:28:00 »
Skillster's right, and that first statement is completely illogical and makes no sense at all. Emulation incompatibilities are *always* due to inaccurate duplication of the PSX hardware. FF9 pushes the PSX to its maximum and utilizes nearly all of its special commands (motion blur etc.), so it requires a near-perfect emulator to run satisfactory. The "contains snippets of code from almost all FFs" is bull, each FF game is completely re-written from scratch. Perhaps you meant the story references?

« Reply #3 on: 2001-02-12 21:45:00 »
Hmmm, Joey's really started to pick up speed. Being Joeyed 2+ times in one day is a little much.

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2001-02-12 22:47:00 »
Its not hard to gain EXE and at the end of the game(Completed it earlyer SNIFF) I had more ap then Iknew what to do with it.
You just need to know where to level up.
Or maybe your just stupid. Really I think your just stupid.
And talking about pushing the PSX to breaking point your right. Low frame rates all over the place long loading times.
I heard running though the texture filter of the PS2 that game looks amazeing almost next gen.

And was C++ even around at the time of the snes?

Oh and shup up Joey!

cHiBiMaRuKo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2001-02-13 01:18:00 »
Of course C++ is there when SNES is out  :)

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
« Reply #6 on: 2001-02-13 10:37:00 »
Joey u suck man.. God you just wont learn..
A wise man once said "Its better to be silent than to open your mouth and flood the world with stupid crap".. Pay attention joey

Joey

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2001-02-13 11:47:00 »
Well, what I mean was that it has the auction house from FF6, Soundtrack from FF4, Magic system from FFT(Partly) and edilions from FF6. Well, Qhimm is the only one who can tolerate my ignorance. And since that there is a bug in FF9, I assumed that the code for FF9 was cut and pasted from older versions of FFs.    

The SaiNt

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2001-02-13 14:24:00 »
A double dosage of Joey is really too much!
I must remind myself not to visit the general forum during my exam week or I'll probably not be able to do my exam. I'll probably be laughing the whole way through.

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2001-02-13 21:28:00 »
What bug? There is no bug in Final Fantasy IX.
And why use the code from snes games?
I can see em useing code from FFVII and VIII but why snes games eh? Show us some proof. Bug could you be talking about the imfamouse dagger on the lake crash by any chance? If so you will need to patch it since you are useing a pirated version .Unfortunately you will be too stupid to do that. Have a nice day. And any way is there is a bug and your a programer fix it already!

Sukaeto

• View Profile
    • Sukaeto's web server
« Reply #10 on: 2001-02-14 02:48:00 »
Joey, what you are describing is NOT a bug in FF9.

Qhimm already stated that it's the fact that FF9 uses almost every feature the PSX has to offer.  I believe that for two reasons:

1. I would've guessed that myself.

and

2. Qhimm is a real programmer who knows his shit.  He doesn't just pretend to, like you.

Joey

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2001-02-14 13:32:00 »
For The SaiNt, if you want to do your exam just go  http://www.eduweb.com.my" TARGET=_blank>here  with RM40 to revise. And, thanks, Sir Canelot. BTW, I don't have a PSX  :D

The SaiNt

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2001-02-14 17:17:00 »
Uhm, Joey that site is for form 1-5 students.
I took my SPM last year so the site is of no use to me.

Joey

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2001-02-17 08:19:00 »
So, what do you guys think about FF9?

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2001-02-17 16:02:00 »
It rules

Jedimark

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2001-02-17 21:46:00 »
Yup I totaly agree.. FF9 rocks! GO VIVI! Yet again I called the main woman character in it Aeris...!

Joey

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2001-02-22 12:45:00 »
Question: Is there a memcard converter from EPSXE to CVGS and/or and memory card fixers for corrupt ones?

M0T

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2001-02-22 18:22:00 »
I never understood why people renamed their charecters, I bet theres some sad person sitting in a room thinking up names for charecters and the you just go and change them, if you just change them this person will lose their job, how sad....

M0T

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2001-02-22 18:34:00 »
Where I am (Lifa Tree- disk 2) FF9 does not quite rock yet, its getting better but just does not do it for me yet. Maybe its cos I played ff7 so many times which shows its playability and 9 doesnt seem to have that yet. Although 9 rocks compared to 8 which was just a pile of s**t. Although the ability thing in ff9 where certain people can only use certain things makes more sense than everyone being able to use every spell. Also spells that came in bags in ff8 just didn't do it for me.
I'm gonna stop my rambling nonsense now as i have work to do.
Schoolwork..... I could be playing FF9, anything, anything other than schoolwork. Especially other than GCSE coursework of which i have 2 pieces i have had for 5 wks and done very little about, they gotta be in on the 1st

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #19 on: 2001-02-22 19:30:00 »
I've been playing FF9 on ePSXe (I'm near the beginning of Disc 2) and I love it (more than 8 and 7 anyway).  It's more like the old ones, actually IS a Fantasy (not Science Fiction) and I like the ability/equipment system.

I just wish I had a Software Rendering GPU that can skip frames (unlike Knack's), show the battle menu while skipping frames (unlike Pete's), AND not crash every time you go to the world map or start a battle (unlike Kazzuya's).

dagsverre

• View Profile
    • http://ffsf.cjb.net
« Reply #20 on: 2001-02-22 22:03:00 »

Well, Qhimm is the only one who can tolerate my ignorance.

I don't have any specifics about this, nor any right to speak for Qhimm, so I'll speak generally: Just because someone is being polite and doesn't let you upset him/her doesn't mean he/she likes your comments any more than the rest of us. He/she is just being pragmatic.

There *might* be a possibility this applies in this case.

BTW, there's a saying in Norway: Better shut up and let people think you're an idiot than open your mouth and prove it.

The SaiNt

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2001-02-23 09:10:00 »

BTW, there's a saying in Norway: Better shut up and let people think you're an idiot than open your mouth and prove it.

Well dagsverre, I completely agree with you and although there are no sayings that I know of in Malaysia that say the same thing, I have my favourite quote:-
"Never ever prove your own Ignorance without being asked."

Joey

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2001-02-23 10:23:00 »
I get the message..... :x but I still can't play FF9 from where I stopped....SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!!!!

M0T

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2001-02-23 16:40:00 »
Unfortuneatly we cannot help you as i do not think any of us are trained in counselling or psychiatry.    

cHiBiMaRuKo

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2001-02-23 17:14:00 »
Your VGS aren't correctly patched.