Author Topic: FF7VOICE OPENS A PERMANENT CASTING CALL  (Read 29168 times)

Marc

• I hear Voices ... in my head
    • View Profile
Re: FF7VOICE OPENS A PERMANENT CASTING CALL
« Reply #25 on: 2009-06-07 15:09:49 »
Barret definitely needs replacing, or maybe some acting lessons.  Everyone else seems to sound just fine... well.. Cloud sounds kind of strange, but I can't quite put my finger on what it is.

When you say this project is coming along slowly... just how slow are we talking?

Fairly slow.

Replacing voice actors mean their already recorded lines have to be re-done.  Especially when one of the replaced is Cloud.  But that's how fan projects go.

When there is something significant to announce, it will be but this is still going on.

Chocobo

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009-06-24 04:20:10 »
Hopefully the voices from the fans won't be like the English voices in Final Fantasy Advent Children... Ugh.

Good luck guys.

Packer

« Reply #27 on: 2009-07-01 05:32:45 »
Wow! This looks amazing. I need to read through all of the posts to catch up, but I would LOVE to be a part of this. I'm currently a Music student at Arizona State University, and I just did two professional musicals in the area. I've performed as Tony from "West Side Story" here at school, as well. FFVII was my FAVORITE game. This sounds like quite the undertaking.

Well, okay, so it looks like some things are in a tizzy. If there's any help I can give, someone let me know.
« Last Edit: 2009-07-01 05:40:00 by Packer »

Opine

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009-07-02 14:04:45 »
Hey Packer,

You probably want to send Mesden a PM if your interested - just to make sure he knows.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009-07-11 17:24:37 »
Hopefully the voices from the fans won't be like the English voices in Final Fantasy Advent Children... Ugh.

Good luck guys.

I thought the voices in AC were decent in some ways; they fit, but most were poorly acted (except Reno, who rocked). Tifa was the worst, though.

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009-07-11 22:17:35 »
I don't think the English voices would have bothered me if I hadn't heard the Japanese first. I think the English voices are ridiculous, I can't even watch it without Japanese audio (thank feck they included it in the English version).

Points that made me die with cringeworthiness:-

"Dilly Dally Shilly Shally"
Cait Sith being Scottish. As a Scottish person, I can honestly say we DON'T sound like that AT ALL. It was downright awful. Even the words used... ugh.

death_gigas

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009-10-05 08:39:53 »
when it is gonna be released?.....

death_gigas

• View Profile
for the ff7 voice project,,,, when is the released of the said project?.....

blackdeathmessenger

• A man can dream, but that's all it will ever be.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009-11-16 08:38:50 »
Hmm....is there still time to audition? I dunno how well I would do, but I'd be interested in at least trying. My voice might be a little hard to place on a character though.