Author Topic: FF8 Steam and Addons  (Read 34229 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: FF8 Steam and Addons
« Reply #50 on: 2014-07-14 19:18:47 »
I don't actually know much about dll...  i coded a few in Delphi, and that was fairly straight forward... and I have some nice code here to inject them.  But looks like something isnt working right?

Is it loading now ?

JeMaCheHi

• You can just call me J!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel :D
« Reply #51 on: 2014-07-14 19:54:20 »
Well, I had to boot the game 5 times in order to get HP.dll to work. I mean, according to log each dll is always loaded, but in practice, some of them will actually work in some cases. From my experience, what I do for get it working is:

1-I open HextLaunch and boot FF8.
2-I check if dll is working.
3-If not, I close FF8 and its loader and open HextLaunch again.
4-Return to 2 and continue until dll works xD

As you can see, no change is made between the two situations: working and not working.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2014-07-14 23:14:28 »
This could be a fault with the dlls and not my program?  have you had these work flawlessly elsewhere?

JeMaCheHi

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2014-07-15 09:21:17 »
What do you mean with "elsewhere"? I've just used them in FF8 steam version with hextLaunch. And always worked randomly. I'd really like to program my own dll specifically for steam version which enables this HP expansion and damage, but I'm a dissaster with the assembler and can't get a clear idea about how to do it anyway.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2014-07-15 15:27:13 »
There are other programs that can add dlls.  What we need to know is if the dlls themselves are broken...
or have an issue.

JeMaCheHi

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2014-07-17 08:16:07 »
Ooops... sorry, didn't see your reply  :-o

Which ones are  those programs? The only one I've seen is your previous Tools v1.

Vir

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2014-07-18 21:54:35 »
I am interested in using the hard mode dll, too. Since the 2.0 tools are presently locked by some google docs foolishness (I wouldn't dream of calling DLPB away from his FF7 work ^^), I downloaded this:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/autodllinjector/

I don't know if it is an equivalent to the Launcher, but I'll edit this post later to say if anything happened for me when I tried it.

Edit 1: I didn't see that an alternate version of HextLaunch was available in this discussion. So I now have that to try, too.

Edit 2: Agreeing with JeMaCheHi: when I tried AutoInjector for the Damage, Hard, and HP dlls (in that order if it should be any matter), AutoInjector sometimes said it was successful and sometimes said it had failed. My method of testing was on a new game, I would run to the Training Center and hit Grats. I tried HextLauncher, first and was successful: that is, when I hit Grat, I scored about 27 damage consistently over half a dozen strike. I closed the program and launched normally: I hit Grat for about 41 damage consistently. I didn't mess with the trigger function manually or with whatever its default setting may be in either case.

I had used AutoInjector to set the three DLLs to both FF8_Launch and FF8_EN. I tried both the program's auto-inject on startup and doing it manually myself (though I wouldn't know if there were a proper time to do that). I tried injecting with the program running before loading my save, too. No dice except with HextLauncher: I always hit in the low 40s after that first time I had used HextLauncher, which was the same as when I loaded the game in the normal way.

Might it be helpful that (although it never had any effect) AutoInjector thought it had worked sometimes and thought it had failed sometimes, perhaps in the same way that JeMaCheHi finds HextInjector to work sometimes and not work sometimes? I will post if HextLauncher works intermittently for me.

At present, since I can't use like CodeBreaker or PEC, I have no way to know if I can break the HP or damage limits. Re-edit: HA! This site offer so much, I forgot what it was. So that was foolish. I could certainly edit my save if I wanted to, of course...

JeMaCheHi, how are you doing your testing? Do you have a powerful file where you can test the damage or hp limits? Or did you already answer this? If you did, I'm sorry, just say so and I'll read the rest of the thread.
« Last Edit: 2014-07-19 06:25:04 by Vir »

JeMaCheHi

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2014-07-18 23:46:19 »
Tried the injector you said, Vir. Didn't work. Tried this one too:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dll/files/Latest/

Neither u.u

DLPB's actually works, but we don't know why do it randomly.

Edit: No problem, Vir. I have a powerful file as you said. I have Squall with a base HP of 9999 plus VIT +80% HP+80%. With this I test if HP is working. Then I also have in my party two dead characters, Squall with very low HP (about 200 or so I think), and some status ailments (mute, blindness...). I go for any fight and do Renzokuken. Since has a STR of 255, this situation is enough to make some finishing strike (not know english names, Summum for example...?) that should surpass by far the 9999. And this is how I make the Damage.dll testing.

Anyway, Damage.dll always work (or, if it doesn't, it worked every time I tried it). The real problem is with HP.dll. It works only sometimes.
« Last Edit: 2014-07-19 08:45:53 by JeMaCheHi »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2014-07-19 22:23:49 »
It must be an issue with the dlls themselves...  if the author is around you could tell him to just make a hext file... and use launcher with it.

You shouldnt need to be injecting dlls to change the game.

Iceboundphoenix

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2014-08-03 06:38:49 »
In Steam version, you have to do three additional things:
1. Copy files battle.fl, battle.fi & battle.fs from FINAL FANTASY VIII\Data\lang-en\ to the folder above: FINAL FANTASY VIII\Data\
2. Do everything what's in hardcore's readme.
3. Copy files again to FINAL FANTASY VIII\Data\lang-en\ (overwrite).
This is a message straight from colly himself about getting this to work with ff8 steam. Though I have been unlucky as with a fresh install and only using this method get an error preventing from the game starting. Can't remember the error but will make an update when I attempt this again which will be soon.

Moo2dabum

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2014-09-24 03:24:10 »
In Steam version, you have to do three additional things:
1. Copy files battle.fl, battle.fi & battle.fs from FINAL FANTASY VIII\Data\lang-en\ to the folder above: FINAL FANTASY VIII\Data\
2. Do everything what's in hardcore's readme.
3. Copy files again to FINAL FANTASY VIII\Data\lang-en\ (overwrite).
This is a message straight from colly himself about getting this to work with ff8 steam. Though I have been unlucky as with a fresh install and only using this method get an error preventing from the game starting. Can't remember the error but will make an update when I attempt this again which will be soon.

This does work for steam. Tested and confirmed