Author Topic: [Help] FFviii Dreaded Keyboard Unresponsive Issue (steam version = unmodded)  (Read 1897 times)

Einherion

• View Profile
So I have been all over the forums and google trying to solve this, but the game REFUSES to recognize any keyboard presses upon launching. I even try the "On Screen Keyboard" that windows provides. Ive tried a second keyboard and ive tried the numpad stuff.

as of early may this game worked. now it doesnt and all i can find online is other people with the problem with no answers.

Maki

• 0xBAADF00D
  • 0xCCCCCCCC
    • View Profile
I had similar issue when I used DgVoodoo interceptor for FF8 from 2000 when debugging with IDA. The fixed that worked for me was starting the game and not touching single button. Just click start/run app and completely leave any input. Also make sure to unplug any gamepads. They tend to have "priority" on input. Also take a look at device manager of you have some shady/broken virtual gamepad or input method. FF8 works on DirectInput and collects available input devices from OS.

Einherion

• View Profile
So I'm trying to get the vanilla unmodified games to work.

If I don't touch anything the credit roll just loops. I have no game pads plugged in.  If I plug in a GamePad I press a button on it I get the keyboard me binding screen that pops up and Google says to press x on keyboard to get past it,  but my keyboard is unresponsive.

Edit:  thank you for your suggestion. I reread my comment and I felt my tone was abrupt.  In just so frustrated with this problem and am at work so my responses are all from my phone.  I'll check device manager when I get home to verify nothing is hijacking priority that I can see.

Note that I can't get it to work even with the windows on screen keyboard.
« Last Edit: 2018-07-05 16:29:09 by Einherion »