Author Topic: (WIP) Final Fantasy VII Climhazzard (PSX Version) King Bomb & Carrot Vids added!  (Read 209022 times)

ff7rules

• View Profile
Re: (WIP) Final Fantasy VII Expert Version (PSX Version)
« Reply #25 on: 2009-01-24 14:49:49 »
i also found something very intersting that might be of GREAT help to me http://www.tales-cless.org/docs/thepsxdoc2.txt now if im correct and i can do this the kernal.bin size won't matter!

ALSO heres the break damage limit patch for psx Download it here :
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RDCB11VZ
Thanks very much for this!   :-)

No problem man. Another question for the board should i rename the magics to say cure 1,cure2 and cure 3 become cure cura and curaga like ff8? i just think iot sounds more like a hardcore final fantasy title with cool names like that im not a fan of using numbers to tell the difference when it comes to magic spells.
« Last Edit: 2009-01-24 14:51:41 by ff7rules »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009-01-24 16:17:17 »
I prefer the old names. But in any case, people can change them easily if they want ;-)

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009-01-25 02:52:24 »
I prefer the old names. But in any case, people can change them easily if they want ;-)

Yeah true i think ill change them then they can change them again if they want also i have added a new addtion to the patch new menu faces! Really liked the way these have turned out so far  :-D also big thanks to hotdog for helping me do this you rock dude :wink:

Also there will edited dialog with improved English and a few bits thrown in that are new nothing that will ruin the Experience though but just make it better. Let me know what you think of the new faces!! I will be including an expansion pack of faces aswell so if you don't like that type no worries!
« Last Edit: 2009-01-25 02:57:32 by ff7rules »

-Ric-

• View Profile
wow looks awesome! finnaly a nice psx mod  :-D
could u make a separate patch without the difficulty change please?
like... all the stuff u improved but with basic difficulty if its possible

ff7rules

• View Profile
wow looks awesome! finnaly a nice psx mod  :-D
could u make a separate patch without the difficulty change please?
like... all the stuff u improved but with basic difficulty if its possible

Yeah sure! since its no longer just a difficulty patch thats no problem. Glad you like the look of it :)

-Ric-

• View Profile
it rly seems like a nice project, all of the good mods are made for pc version only and that kinda sucks since the game doesnt even run well on not so old computers, psx version is way better imo and ur patch will actualy make the game worth playing once more.
gl on the project, from what u showed so far it seems rly great!

hotdog963al

• Horse
    • View Profile
    • Horse HQ
it rly seems like a nice project, all of the good mods are made for pc version only and that kinda sucks since the game doesnt even run well on not so old computers, psx version is way better imo and ur patch will actualy make the game worth playing once more.
Um.. you sure?

ff7rules

• View Profile
Um.. you sure?

What do you mean by that man? and thanks ganzaa ive been working really hard on it and will have something to show for it later today.

hotdog963al

• Horse
    • View Profile
    • Horse HQ
Um.. you sure?

What do you mean by that man? and thanks ganzaa ive been working really hard on it and will have something to show for it later today.
I meant, as if he said FF7 wasn't worth re-playing as it is.  (not dissing your patch! :-) )

-Ric-

• View Profile
I meant, as if he said FF7 wasn't worth re-playing as it is.  (not dissing your patch! :-) )
after finishing it like 10 times over the years... at least to me aint rly worth, however with this patch and its news features and difficulty that might be diferent  :wink:

ff7rules

• View Profile
Sorry i haven't posted in 2 days ive been really ill but im all better now so im gonna get back to work on my patch WILL defo post a video soon.

-Ric-

• View Profile
btw will this work on both PAL and NTSC?

ff7rules

• View Profile
btw will this work on both PAL and NTSC?

Yes it will i shall be releasing the patch for both versions sorry still no updates at the moment still bit ill and i am struggling with something in the mod which i definetly want in i dunno wether to ask for help about it though its pretty far fetched.

ff7rules

• View Profile
A BETA version of this patch will be out tonight. Need suggestion's on the way its going so far. Only the bosses are hard on this version.

EDIT Im postponing the beta because its not up to my standards yet.
« Last Edit: 2009-02-13 21:22:13 by ff7rules »

-Ric-

• View Profile
nice, looking forward to it  :-D

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
I'd say that nearly all of the enemies could do with being a bit stronger. I don't mean that every battle should be a fight for survival, but that one shouldn't be able to win fights in one minute by holding down X. A bit of HP and stat boosting should do for most of the random encounters.

ff7rules

• View Profile
I'd say that nearly all of the enemies could do with being a bit stronger. I don't mean that every battle should be a fight for survival, but that one shouldn't be able to win fights in one minute by holding down X. A bit of HP and stat boosting should do for most of the random encounters.

Yeah i agree but i didn't wanna bring an unfinished broken version out so i left them as they are for now but in the next update they will be tweaked. Also am i ok just to post the patch as it is?
« Last Edit: 2009-02-03 23:15:31 by ff7rules »

ff7rules

• View Profile

I will double the HP and ATK and DEf foremost monsters met in random encounters throught the game so that should suffice as a challenge but on DISC 3 everything will be ALOT stronger and capable of at least hurting your party midgar Z will be as hard as the Weapons and the optional Bosses will be alot stronger (Lost number Midgar Z) im also gonna see if i can add some battles but i wouldn't hold your breath on that one.

ff7rules

• View Profile
sorry to TRIPLE POST but i have big progress! and i don't want people to think this thing is dead because its anything but! heres proof!

New first boss for now im open to suggestions for a different boss to be used.

DarkVenomandCarnage

• FUTILE EFFORT!
    • View Profile
Ultima Weapon! :lol:
Nah...
how about Rude, or, if you wanted it to die, than why not tone down one of the elevator bosses ?

ff7rules

• View Profile
Ultima Weapon! :lol:
Nah...
how about Rude, or, if you wanted it to die, than why not tone down one of the elevator bosses ?

I was thinking i could have either loads of soldiers who are elites like head of security or leave it as schizo but i had plans for him as an optional boss on disc 3 but i could use him twice i guess i was thinking possibly swapping him for reno and rude but it would create a problem later on in the disc as you do fight them both on disc 1 so i couldn't alter them. Anymore ideas id love to hear! Thanks Darkvenomandcarnage for the reply. I will have a video of the schizo battle up tonight and well you can see how exciting the battle really is.

ff7rules

• View Profile
Sorry to double post but as i promised the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrmKnlRhPoQ sorry about the quality!

DarkVenomandCarnage

• FUTILE EFFORT!
    • View Profile
I was thinking i could have either loads of soldiers who are elites like head of security or leave it as schizo but i had plans for him as an optional boss on disc 3 but i could use him twice i guess i was thinking possibly swapping him for reno and rude but it would create a problem later on in the disc as you do fight them both on disc 1 so i couldn't alter them.

Actually you would be using him three times, [Gaia's Cliff] or did you think of that?
and what are you planning with the Guard Scorpion?

ff7rules

• View Profile
I was thinking i could have either loads of soldiers who are elites like head of security or leave it as schizo but i had plans for him as an optional boss on disc 3 but i could use him twice i guess i was thinking possibly swapping him for reno and rude but it would create a problem later on in the disc as you do fight them both on disc 1 so i couldn't alter them.

Actually you would be using him three times, [Gaia's Cliff] or did you think of that?
and what are you planning with the Guard Scorpion?

I might be replacing him at Gaias cliff who knows!:P and just wait and see:P you will be shocked trust me.

ff7rules

• View Profile
Since its been nearly a week since i last posted in this thread thought id post some news. Been busy creating secret bosses and adding dialog warning you of there presence(so you can go back and save the game so its not unfair :wink:) there will be 14 secret bosses i will add to the game 9 are done and heres a few of them. I will have videos off some of them soon.

He is ridiculously hard! You will need the final attack Materia for him as Ultima = wipeout. Also Grand Blade hits everyone aswell as big ray.

Not 100% finished yet still need to make him huge (hoping we can find the answer in the other thread) 10000 Needles is instant death obviously. Earthquake hits everyone and hurts, and i know i spelt Mys Kick wrong :P that move will prob be replaced :) If you beat him you get 1 Ribbon THIS is the only way to get ribbons in the game.

Shrina special forces:P

OH noes a cameo appearance! yeah i know shame on me but i just couldn't resist. Those that know me will know i like to be called savage (my surname) and alex is hotdog on this very forum im thinking might add one more member in here as the 3rd and a Elite Grunt so if your interested in been the Hack tell me.

Last one for today. Yeah i know that name sounds familiar eh? :P I just thought it went perfect with this monster so i asked LKM for permission to use his name and he said yeah so i went with it.

Super trine inflicts every bad status in the game so you will need ribbons for this fight also when i have it scripted he will cast level 3 death at the start of the battle so if your level 99 your good as dead.

More to come soon.

EDIT: Yeah i relise Rangors hp is wrong it has 1 more 0 than it should ill change it later.
« Last Edit: 2009-02-18 22:02:23 by ff7rules »