« on: 2014-05-01 05:31:43 »
« Last Edit: 2015-11-16 07:43:46 by Jenova's Witness »

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Re: Net Neutrality petition
« Reply #1 on: 2014-05-02 07:19:00 »
"We, the people"... What hypocrites!!! They know they are partly responsible for it and still pretend they care to warn us from happening, by preparing us with announcing the inevitable... and now they are trying to move their tails out of that responsibility! Offering people to think they have the freedom to vote seems like making a statistic to file the ones who want a free internet. It seems so much like a trap for people who love Internet to blame for the result afterwards. We all know how this ends and that people who built the Internet are in full control of it from the beginning and they have planned this from the very first start. Large Corps are involved in this as well...??? What a surprise... I got that this morning (like many of you I suppose):

"Mark Surman, Mozilla.org [email protected] via bounce.bluestatedigital.com

12:38 AM

to me
Mozilla

Hi there,
     What kind of Web do you want?

From where I'm sitting, the future looks exciting, but also a bit scary.

First, the scary (What can I say? I'm a worrier, and I'd rather end on the high note.):

Right now the internet preserves your right to access all lawful content and software without interference. It is an equal playing field: you can watch House of Cards, read Wikipedia or build a website for your new business — all on the same terms as everybody else.

This is what has made the web what it is today, a global engine for innovation and entrepreneurship. You've probably heard about it as "net neutrality." We're worried it's about to go away.

I'm worried about this on a number of levels. The end of net neutrality could set a precedent for an internet that is increasingly closed, centrally controlled and designed to serve the few instead of the many. Basically, all of the bad things Mozilla was built to fight. It's discouraging. But...

The exciting (I told you we'd get there):

Things are not quite as bleak as they seem — and the truth is, the future is up to us. Not "us" as in Mozilla staff. "Us" as in you, and me, and your friends and my friends, and all web users past, present and future. We have to stand up for the open internet. For a web that is built for the good of humanity. For a web that ties us closer together, rather than one that pushes us further apart.

And that fight starts right now. In the next few weeks and months we are launching a large-scale campaign to engage users worldwide to defend a web that serves the public good, not a few giant companies. To fight for and build the kind of web we want to see in the world. The first step is to answer one simple question:

What kind of web do you want? Let us know, and then join the millions who are helping shape the future of the world's largest public resource.

And after you've given us a little insight into your hopes for the web (and seen what others around the world have to say), we've got something to help shape that reality — the newest update to the Firefox browser. I won't go into all the details as to why it's awesome (though I wish I could), but here's the upshot: it's more secure, it's faster, it's more customizable and it's also really good-looking. Simply put, the new Firefox was made with a mission to put you first.

At the end of that day, Mozilla's amazing global community is the reason we fight the fight, solve difficult problems and take important actions. And while our mission has not (and will not) change, we're making bigger and better plans to make sure our community is part of our growth, and part of our future. The new Firefox is just the beginning.

Stay tuned,

Mark

P.S. — Mozilla is able to do this work because of the support of people like you. Click here to make a donation.

Mark Surman
Executive Director
Mozilla Foundation"
« Last Edit: 2014-05-02 09:38:05 by LeonhartGR »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-05-02 20:59:46 »
... is increasingly closed, centrally controlled and designed to serve the few instead of the many.

That sounds exactly how Money works...

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #3 on: 2014-05-03 02:15:46 »
I don't believe Mark Surman is out of the chore in this dance...
« Last Edit: 2014-05-03 02:24:20 by LeonhartGR »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #4 on: 2014-05-03 17:36:59 »
>Petitions
Internet please