Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Field Editor - Makou Reactor (2.0.0)  (Read 466034 times)

Mirrorman95

• View Profile
    • Mirrorman95 - YouTube Channel
Re: [1.5.1] Makou Reactor - a FF7 field editor
« Reply #225 on: 2013-02-18 16:43:29 »
To clarify, the language files are from the latest 1.5.1 Windows build. The files I copied from the Mac 1.3 build are probably cosmetic. If Makou Reactor ever updates again, I'd be fine making a new build.
Also, the char.lgp viewer works now, thanks for the instructions! Now I have a FF7 model viewer I don't need to boot from Parallels or Bootcamp to use.
A final thought; could Makou Reactor be used to re-insert the deleted scenes back into the game, like Sephiroth explaining Summon Materia at the Temple of the Ancients, if I get them flagged?

myst6re

• Light King of the Savegame - Field Master - FF8.fr
    • View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #226 on: 2013-02-18 17:38:55 »
A final thought; could Makou Reactor be used to re-insert the deleted scenes back into the game, like Sephiroth explaining Summon Materia at the Temple of the Ancients, if I get them flagged?

If these scenes are disabled, it is possible by changing some variables or in the worst case, some script lines. But if these scenes are completely removed, it's harder because you must recreate some scripts... But possible nonetheless.

Small request...  the "labels" font colour being red instead of grey.

Ok
« Last Edit: 2013-02-19 16:28:33 by myst6re »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2013-02-19 08:44:02 »
Small request...  the "labels" font colour being red instead of grey.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2013-02-22 09:21:30 »
Another request... that the scripts can stay expanded after you have expanded them rather than keep closing.  And an option to auto expand ALL expandable lines.

Bug:  Mass export of backgrounds into jpg does not place files in target folder.

Bug2: "Random" crashes. When saving then opening another flevel, generally some crash.  When going through lots of maps, generally some crash.  When editing values after it says I need a long jump, crash.  Not sure if there's any relation, but program (and it is an awesome program despite this) seems unstable.

Bug3:  Program said that I needed to use a valid label but I had... so I saved and reloaded and now there is no error.
The label went out of range because it was a short jump but it should still warn me when I reload and doesnt.  The label also changed to "Forward 12 bytes"

Dan
« Last Edit: 2013-02-22 15:36:53 by DLPB »

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #229 on: 2013-02-22 16:27:33 »
Another request... that the scripts can stay expanded after you have expanded them rather than keep closing.

I do not quite understand, this is not already the case?

And an option to auto expand ALL expandable lines.

Mokay, added to the TODO list.

Bug:  Mass export of backgrounds into jpg does not place files in target folder.

I have not been able to reproduce this bug. Is the fields that you want to export are selected in the list on the left?

Bug2: "Random" crashes. When saving then opening another flevel, generally some crash.  When going through lots of maps, generally some crash.  When editing values after it says I need a long jump, crash.  Not sure if there's any relation, but program (and it is an awesome program despite this) seems unstable.

Bug3:  Program said that I needed to use a valid label but I had... so I saved and reloaded and now there is no error.
The label went out of range because it was a short jump but it should still warn me when I reload and doesnt.  The label also changed to "Forward 12 bytes"

I'll look at it, thanks for the report.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2013-02-22 16:30:00 »
Yup.  It exports png but not jpg. It still has the progress bar but did not place them in the target folder.  I have no idea where they ended up.  :-D

As for expandables... no.. when I edit script, they automatically collapse.  They also dont auto expand when I open a script (perhaps some sort of option?)

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2013-02-22 19:27:54 »
@myst6re
Is it possible that you create a 'Mass Export fields' and a 'Mass Import fields' same powerful as the
'Export current field' and 'Import current field'? I manly need this function to patch the model loader of the english flevel.lgp with my tweaked one from my german flevel.lgp. It would be a pain to do it manual for every field. My second reason is to make my german flevel.lgp workable with toughscript again.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2013-02-23 01:48:40 »
bug:

Displays the dialog (No text) in the window #0

This appeared in all the text box parts of the lines in my map (jetin1). When I went out of the map and clicked back in, the correct entries were again shown.

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #233 on: 2013-02-23 21:19:33 »
bug:

Displays the dialog (No text) in the window #0

This appeared in all the text box parts of the lines in my map (jetin1). When I went out of the map and clicked back in, the correct entries were again shown.

This can happen when you export texts or when you import texts of one PC field. Is it one of these cases?

@myst6re
Is it possible that you create a 'Mass Export fields' and a 'Mass Import fields' same powerful as the
'Export current field' and 'Import current field'? I manly need this function to patch the model loader of the english flevel.lgp with my tweaked one from my german flevel.lgp. It would be a pain to do it manual for every field. My second reason is to make my german flevel.lgp workable with toughscript again.

Mass import is in my todo list.
« Last Edit: 2013-02-23 21:21:22 by myst6re »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2013-02-24 02:06:54 »
No this happened during editing I think....

« Last Edit: 2013-02-24 13:06:40 by DLPB »

spy__dragon

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2013-03-21 18:59:10 »
Mystery, I have some questions,

This program does configure automatically the FIELD.BIN in the psx version?
And the other question and I think I said before,
it could be edited the "ASCII table" of this program? I want to
edit the "size" and the "space".

Regards.

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #236 on: 2013-03-21 19:31:22 »
This program does configure automatically the FIELD.BIN in the psx version?

Sure.

And the other question and I think I said before,
it could be edited the "ASCII table" of this program? I want to
edit the "size" and the "space".

This is in my TODO-list. (and yes, already asked before)

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2013-04-08 20:18:06 »
Question so I am trying to make a mod where Sephiroth has his own story which will be completely different than the core story.  Well not a hundred percent but close enough to be fresh and hopefully fun.  So anyway I plan to replace Biggs, Wedge and Jessy to Shinra soldiers.  I also plan to change Cloud into a completely new character since his combat model match what I want the new guy's to be.  So can I edit where his model shows up on the map threw Makou or do I also need something else?  I know that I need to edit the model through Kimera so I got that part covered.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2013-04-12 00:59:24 »
Your gateway destination point data shows X Y and Z.  In fact these are X Y and T (Triangle).  Z is probably calculated by FF7 and not needed.  There are numerous examples of where Z is simply ignored in script. The world map script (prob in the .ev files in World_us) decides the destination point when entering from world map.

Your gateway data shows 1 Unknown.  This is the direction the model will face at the destination point.  It is the model direction.  It should be ONE byte, but yours shows 4?  For example, the model direction when exiting the Costa Del Sol Pub is 20202020.  In fact this is just 20 (model direction 32).
« Last Edit: 2013-04-12 10:29:40 by DLPB »

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2013-04-12 19:54:26 »
Was the directed to me because it seemed like it was kinda generic.  I was thinking you where giving me an answer in a technical way but not to sure.  Sorry still kind of a noob to this stuff.

Lazy Bastard

• I may be lazy, but I can...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz...
    • View Profile
    • GameHacking.org
« Reply #240 on: 2013-04-12 19:57:24 »
genesis063: He's talking to myst6re.

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2013-04-12 19:59:01 »
oh okay glad I asked must of missed where he said it in a text.

cloudiar

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2013-04-16 19:36:42 »
Hello!

Have a question for you Mr. myst6re haha!

I have located all the memory addresses used by the makou reactor, but with some contradictions.

The memory bank [9] and [10] does not appear anywhere in makou only says that the variable is used [9] [2], but I can not see, either from memory hacking, any reason?

The memory bank [15] be clone or same as [7] and [8]? Sample values ​​exactly the same, for example:

I put [15][0] = 100 and same as [7][0] and [8][0] = 100

You not plan to access saveslot (Character Record)  from makou? I really think if you can access to see their value (and modify, for example you have some module, example in memory 0x10EC Message Speed or PHS Locking Mask and visibility mask...) may also be accessed to ask questions like "current level" charater & others  :-X

Finally comment for some problems in makou, with the case in mathematics-> binary operation ->"addition":

Var [3] [255] = Var [3] [255] + 1 (8-bit)

Add this is dangerous, makou crash some times, also for some reason is assigned to 16 bits when actually be 8 bits, if you change some may crash...the rest in makou reactor normally works great.

You think in future update makou reactor or this latest version forever?

Thanks for your time  :)
« Last Edit: 2013-04-18 15:02:22 by cloudiar »

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #243 on: 2013-04-22 21:24:14 »
I have located all the memory addresses used by the makou reactor, but with some contradictions.

The memory bank [9] and [10] does not appear anywhere in makou only says that the variable is used [9] [2], but I can not see, either from memory hacking, any reason?

The memory bank [15] be clone or same as [7] and [8]? Sample values ​​exactly the same, for example:

I put [15][0] = 100 and same as [7][0] and [8][0] = 100

If you look at how banks are stored in the savemap, you can understand a little more why some banks are "equals".
According to the wiki, you have:
  • 0x0BA4 (256 bytes) -> BANK 1/2
  • 0x0CA4 (256 bytes) -> BANK 3/4
  • 0x0DA4 (256 bytes) -> BANK 11/12
  • 0x0EA4 (256 bytes) -> BANK 13/14
  • 0x0FA4 (256 bytes) -> BANK 7/15

It's a strange concept that I don't completely understand. I have to do some tests to be sure of how it works.

Finally comment for some problems in makou, with the case in mathematics-> binary operation ->"addition":

Var [3] [255] = Var [3] [255] + 1 (8-bit)

Add this is dangerous, makou crash some times, also for some reason is assigned to 16 bits when actually be 8 bits, if you change some may crash...the rest in makou reactor normally works great.

It was a hard to find bug, but now it's fixed! Thanks you for the report.

You think in future update makou reactor or this latest version forever?

Thanks for your time  :)

Me? Stop? Not yet. ;)

Laggy

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2013-04-26 21:43:33 »
Hello,

I'm attempting to import individual field files (as XXXX.DAT) and then re-import them back in to apply my changes across the three different ISOs for the PSX version.

However every time I attempt to import, it throws me an "Invalid file" error. Even stranger, this happens even if I export and re-import the exact same file I just exported onto the same scene!

Any idea what I might be possibly doing wrong, or is this a known bug? I'm trying not to have to do the exact same field script edits across 3 different images, so I was hoping export/import would do this (since you cannot import onto other ISOs directly as the sizes of the imported files are changed with editing).

EDIT: Never mind, solved the issue... was not aware you had to specify Uncompressed DAT file when picking the file type for import. Works now. Sorry for the trouble, and kudos for your hard work, Makou Reactor's an amazing tool :)
« Last Edit: 2013-04-26 21:55:36 by Laggy »

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2013-06-28 03:16:29 »
Mass import is in my todo list.

I think this would be really exciting. There is at least one sizable project awaiting this development. I myself am just starting to learn to use this utility, but it is amazing and I wanted to say thanks for the considerable and continued effort on this program.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2013-07-12 21:55:34 »
Little request if you don't mind, it would be cool to copy and paste models and animations from one field to another without having to manually set them. Like copy Red XIII's model and animations from bugin2, and paste it into mds5_1 for example.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 2013-07-12 22:07:21 »
Little request if you don't mind, it would be cool to copy and paste models and animations from one field to another without having to manually set them. Like copy Red XIII's model and animations from bugin2, and paste it into mds5_1 for example.

Copy and paste for everything really...

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #248 on: 2013-07-15 20:31:49 »

Done, thanks for the suggestion.

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #249 on: 2013-07-26 20:55:28 »
Makou Reactor 1.6 will include many changes, mostly internal. Current changelog for the next version:

Main changes

• New dialog to manage LGP archives (extract/replace/add/remove files)
  • Makou can use a window.bin file to compute text previews
  • Adding field model loader dialog for PS version, with few editable values
  • Adding misc operations (I let you discover what it is)
  • It's now possible to open a directory containing PC field files,  it is also possible to open one PC field
  • In the walkmesh dialog, the field models can be displayed
  • Backgrounds can be imported from PS to PC, but the layer 2 doesn't work correctly in-game
  • Adding search and replace functions
  • Adding scope in search
  • Steam FF7 version is automatically detected (not tested)

Other changes

• Opcode list: labels are displayed in red
  • Group script list: Icons added
  • Information in the encounter widget are more clear
  • In the walkmesh dialog, unknown info replaced by exit direction, and exit line is (x, y, ID) not (x, y, z). [Thanks DLPB]
  • Mass Export dialog: some changes to export easily
  • In the model loader dialog, the hovered light color is now explicited in #RRGGBB format
  • In the model loader dialog, it is now possible to cut/copy/paste models
  • Tut and music dialog is non-modal now
  • Real names of music are shown in the music dialog
  • Some main window layout changes
  • Opening and saving can be canceled
  • Backgrounds with 4-bit paletted indexes are now supported (PS only)
  • Adding option to expand (or not) all opcode items by default in the script editor
  • FF7 is launched by WINE in other OSes than Windows [Thanks Sithlord]

Various fixes

• Bug fix: sometimes the displayed texts in scripts are invalid or from another field
  • Bug fix: searching for an affectation value of a variable does not work
  • Bug fix: 'copy opcode' action is disabled
  • Bug fix: additional animations don't work for main field models, like Cloud (PS only)
  • Bug fix: mutli camera on PS field is not opened correctly
  • Bug fix: disc image won't save when there are no changes, so you can't save the archive as...
  • Crash fix: opening an AKAO with short size (< 4 bytes) does not work
  • Crash fix: Makou does not open FIELD.TDB safely
  • Crash fix: few model textures cannot be opened in PS version
  • Crash fix: crash when converting an opcode and when another function uses a non valid (older) pointer of this opcode
  • LZS decompression is safer
  • Qt update (4.8.5)
« Last Edit: 2013-07-26 21:17:23 by myst6re »