Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3026473 times)

iDerek759

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods - The Reunion (R04c)
« Reply #2600 on: 2016-02-17 20:02:49 »
Hello,

a little bug for me with the Menu Overhaul feature.
Anytime I activate it, the letter of the fonts of any dialogue text and the menu text are smashd into each other, as if the letter-spacing was reduced too much. The text of the battles is displayed correctly though.
I run FF7 on Steam, on a PC with Windows 10, and installed it using the latest 7th Heaven program, and have only installed this mod, the others were deactivated. I have deactivated the postprocess and cache texturing, with no results. Can someone have an idea what is wong ?

This has already been covered in the FAQS and Tutorial section multiple times in the 7th Heaven thread, Try looking there.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #2601 on: 2016-02-18 05:36:26 »
This has already been covered in the FAQS and Tutorial section multiple times in the 7th Heaven thread, Try looking there.

Yes, thank you.

I split the topic from here and moved it to the 7th Heaven board. Be sure to post questions that are 7H related in the 7H board. The mod authors can not help you with 7H if you come to their mod thread with questions.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: 2016-02-19 05:04:12 »
I still find the odd dialogue that doesn't make 100% sense in context of the scene :P  But hard to spot.

ujunon4 for example - the old guy states that he will "show" Cloud how to do CPR in Reunion R04c.  He doesn't.  He explains it to him.  So the dialogue should read:

"Come over here, and I'll tell you." or "Come over here, and I'll explain it to you."

I guess we have to suspend disbelief to the scene because, in real life, this guy would not be dithering about like this  - his loved one is not breathing - asking you to stroll along while he explains CPR.
« Last Edit: 2016-02-19 05:07:22 by DLPB »

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: 2016-02-24 14:14:18 »
Long time no umm... read Dano!

Question: Any reason why you dropped support for the menu overhaul? You put years into that project just curious why you sunset it.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: 2016-02-24 14:33:00 »
I've given a better answer somewhere in this thread, but long story short, the newer font and menu do not - and never will - gel with the engine or the style of the game.  It looks completely out of place and I had to accept that. If all the field backgrounds were updated (I doubt that will ever happen), and perhaps work on the menu code was done, then it could fit in.

It was also a lot of work supporting it alongside this one.  So I have dropped support and am now working 99% to my own tastes.

ProtoX

« Reply #2605 on: 2016-02-25 23:40:40 »
I'm shocked that your now forcing your retranslation mod rather then giving the player an option to not use it. for me the only way to use the psx 60 fps is to install the retranslation with it. I like the fact you went back to the old menu overhaul mod from 2010 if I'm not mistaken as well as the old battle interface mod of Grimmy's. but now I cant experience these things unless I install the retranslation mod. is it possible to make these available without the retranslation mod?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: 2016-02-26 00:43:01 »
It was also a lot of work supporting it alongside this one.  So I have dropped support and am now working 99% to my own tastes.

I don't have the time or the desire to start adding options for everything.  Of course what you are asking is possible - but to you it's just a mouse click.  To me it's a load of my time.  That boat has sailed.  :)

This decision will never be reversed. This mod is largely ONE piece of work now.  The retranslation is mandatory. To be quite frank, with the concessions I have given my own retranslation, I have no idea why you'd want to use the disease original anyway.  But each to their own... and this project is my own ;)

At a much later date, I could release certain files and you could just use HextLaunch to add the options yourself.
« Last Edit: 2016-02-26 00:51:14 by DLPB »

ProtoX

« Reply #2607 on: 2016-02-26 01:16:58 »
I only care about the PSX 60FPS to be honest, but I understand your reasoning behind it.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: 2016-02-26 02:15:07 »
If you download Reunion R04c and install to a dummy folder, you'll find the frame limiter and 60fps files there.  Those will work with HextEdit and you can add the changes manually.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: 2016-02-27 15:01:37 »
That's being changed to Select + R1 and R2 in R04d

SuperDonkeyjack

• View Profile
« Reply #2610 on: 2016-03-04 15:55:34 »
Can someone post the Mod, please? Thanks in advance?

Jotaro

• Star Platinum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: 2016-03-04 20:30:36 »
It should be in the OP.
Always look in the first post if you want a mod download.

SuperDonkeyjack

• View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: 2016-03-05 04:47:06 »
I want the latest mod though and I don't see a link.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: 2016-03-05 13:06:17 »
You should have linked him to the first post.  It's right there in big red letters :P

"Download R04c HERE"

SuperDonkeyjack

• View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: 2016-03-05 15:04:53 »
My bad, everyone. I am blind at times but can I run this mod with the "New Threat" mod? I love the re-translating patch you did. Thanks in advance?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: 2016-03-06 02:14:34 »
New Threat mod is not to be discussed here. This is for Reunion bug reports and issues only.

Damned

• View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: 2016-03-25 20:18:17 »
Do you plan on going further with the "Model Enhancement" part of The Reunion and doing other types of graphics? I like how you are trying to enhance the quality of the graphics, whilst still staying faithful to the original art style.

SuperDonkeyjack, unfortunately, New Threat is not compatible with this mod. I tried it last night. I asked the author of New Threat if he would consider making it compatible with this one. Hopefully he will.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: 2016-03-25 21:42:50 »
New Threat mod is not to be discussed here. This is for Reunion bug reports and issues only.
You need to lighten up on this, man. The question clearly pertains to both mods, and it's no effort at all to simply ignore the question if you don't have the answer.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #2619 on: 2016-03-26 00:48:22 »
To answer the question Covarr...

NT and Reunion (ReTranslation) are not compatible, unfortunately.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: 2016-03-26 11:21:56 »
This thread is for bug reports on Reunion - not an answer session on which mods will work with which.  That's also said on the first post. I don't know if a mod will or will not work with Reunion. If someone else wants to - okay.  The issue then is this thread getting bogged down with offtopic posts.

Do you plan on going further with the "Model Enhancement" part of The Reunion and doing other types of graphics? I like how you are trying to enhance the quality of the graphics, whilst still staying faithful to the original art style.

Unfortunately, this is about all that can be improved while remaining true to the original style and is at the same time - more or less complete. What things did you have in mind?
« Last Edit: 2016-03-26 11:29:12 by DLPB »

Damned

• View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: 2016-03-26 15:03:50 »
Well, if that is what you say is the case, then I believe you. I'm not an expert at all in how faithful graphics enhancement works, but I'm certainly a fan.

After taking a look of some of the screenshots of the Steam version, it seems like SE already did a pretty good job of upscaling the graphics and FMVs. About the only complaint I have is the battle backgrounds are a bit too blurry, but I came across this mod...

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14469.0

Apparently it does a better job upscaling the battle backgrounds then SE did. I'll probably just use that, combined with the Linear Filtering option to make a respectable looking enhancement to the graphics (New Threat already replaced the character models in the game).

About the only other tweaks I would like to see to your mod are the following...

-If possible, try to solve the few issues the 60 FPS Battles mod has.

-I understand you have no interest in other mods. However, I REALLY have to stress how much it sucks that New Threat is not compatible with your work. I do not know if you have taken a look at that mod, but I think anyone will agree that is does a fantastic job at updating the gameplay. It almost feels like I'm playing an official remake by SE, and I'd like to think that part of an official remake would include a brand new, accurate translation (See the FF IV-VI Advance ports). Your re-translation and 60 FPS mods would go together with New Threat like bread and butter.

If it would take a commission to get you to consider making a compatibility patch, then I would be more than happy to pay. I am serious about my love and passion for this game. I would only ask that you wait until the final version of New Threat comes out.

-A mod that remasters the SFX of the original. One was already started over here...

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=10237.0

But it was sadly never finished. You seem to be a big fan of faithful enhacement of original assets, such as myself. You also clearly have a lot of dedication to finishing daunting tasks like re-translating an entire PS1 game, so I feel this project would be a perfect fit for you. Again, if a commission is what it would take, I am willing to discuss terms.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: 2016-03-26 15:14:35 »
After taking a look of some of the screenshots of the Steam version, it seems like SE already did a pretty good job of upscaling the graphics and FMVs. About the only complaint I have is the battle backgrounds are a bit too blurry, but I came across this mod...

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14469.0

imho all of these upscales are no better than what we have at present.  They fix one issue (pixellation) and introduce more - Blur / loss of detail / plastic look.  And so on.  There really is no way to make those backgrounds that much better.  FMVs can be improved a little better because it can use information from previous and later frames.  I am going to be continuing Goblins Bar soon - a new FMV update. It is a separate project.

-If possible, try to solve the few issues the 60 FPS Battles mod has.

See the Bug Tracker. 

-I understand you have no interest in other mods. However, I REALLY have to stress how much it sucks that New Threat is not compatible with your work.

I am aware of that, but there is nothing that can be done about it from my side. I have far too many things to deal with as it is. It isn't a question of want or needs or money.

-A mod that remasters the SFX of the original. One was already started over here...

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=10237.0

The SFX are adequate as they are and improving them to use the original stereo and quality (which would fit the original style) is a task way too big for many reasons.  I definitely have no desire to ever undertake changing the SFX.   :)

Basically, all requests for further mods are out of the question.
« Last Edit: 2016-03-26 15:17:23 by DLPB »

Damned

• View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: 2016-03-26 15:32:03 »
Understood. Would you at least consider releasing the 60 FPS Battles Mod as a separate mod so I could use that at least with New Threat?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: 2016-03-26 15:34:00 »
Understood. Would you at least consider releasing the 60 FPS Battles Mod as a separate mod so I could use that at least with New Threat?

Yeah, I am going to make a separate installer for that soon - since some people will want that and speed up / slow down options. May be a while yet though because a lot to do.