Author Topic: FFVII pc biglight.avi (not sound related) HELP!!  (Read 3024 times)

B-rant

FFVII pc biglight.avi (not sound related) HELP!!
« on: 2006-05-21 16:20:04 »
 :mrgreen:i've encourtered a crash during the movie biglight.avi but its nothing to do with the sound, it appears that the file it self is corrupted. because when i attempt to play it in Windows Media Player there it even crashes at the exact same spot as it does during the game, but rather than freezing i get an error message "A run-time error occured" i have tried absolutly every thing i possibly can to get past this even trying to override this with a different movie file, im desperate and at this point i just want to continue on with the game so i am wondering if any one would send me a game save at the next save point after this movie, or if any body knows what to do because nothing has worked please help me, thanks.

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
Re: FFVII pc biglight.avi (not sound related) HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: 2006-05-21 16:46:48 »
Try Gypt plugin for YAMP - you can skip movies with this thing installed.

dziugo

B-rant

« Reply #2 on: 2006-05-21 17:00:11 »
i do have gypt i used that to get past observatory scene but could you enlighten me what YAMP is please

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #3 on: 2006-05-21 17:21:53 »
YAMP version of Gypt is a patch which allows you to skip FMVs without running any other apps (and I think that's what you need). Follow the links for more info.

dziugo

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006-05-21 17:27:29 »
I'm not sure which video is "biglight.avi", but if it's one that's on more than one disc, you can have the movies run from your HD, and just use the copy from a different disc. Or you could have them run from HD and just make a copy of some other one and name it "biglight.avi" so that the wrong movie runs but it still works. Or you could just take dziugo's advice and skip it, but that's less fun. :D

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
« Reply #5 on: 2006-05-22 16:54:12 »
biglight is the one that takes ages to playthru..... for someone. Savepoints are far away from each other. It's the one where Cloud hands over the black materia and all the weapons take off, I think. It's not on all the disks. It's like 20megs big or something.

zero88

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006-05-23 00:13:54 »
I could likely send you mine, but I'm sure that there's a certain amount of legality concerned.