Author Topic: problems saving char.lgp file with lgptools  (Read 4070 times)

lil-juice-09

• View Profile
problems saving char.lgp file with lgptools
« on: 2007-07-08 07:03:57 »
i have downloaded a reunion patch and the npc reconstruction project patch. after that, i downloaded lgptools program to extract all of the files from the old char.lgp file to the char folder. after i did that, i have open both reunion patch and the npc reconstruction project patch and extracted both of the files sucessfully in the char folder. when i tried to save it as the new char.lgp file, the lgptools program just freezes and it wont save the new char.lgp file that i was trying to create for the ff7 game. i want to change the playable and non-playable characters model so bad and i have been searching for hours trying to find out the problem, but i still didnt! what is going on? is it my computer (i have windows 98se computer), or is it the program?
« Last Edit: 2007-07-08 15:38:40 by lil-juice-09 »

ice_cold513

• View Profile
Re: problems saving battle.lgp file with lgptools
« Reply #1 on: 2007-07-08 08:10:15 »
1St It not the battle.lgp you got to mod, it the char.LGP

2ND Use can only use one the patches not both

3Rd When you start making an new LGP, with LGPTool don't mess or do anything, just wait.

lil-juice-09

• View Profile
Re: problems saving char.lgp file with lgptools
« Reply #2 on: 2007-07-08 15:37:16 »
ok. i thought you can use both of the patches in the game. i thought i saw somebody using both of them patches when i was watching the video on youtube. (sorry for my errors. it should be char.lgp instead of battle.lgp. i was typing the message too fast but i have edited the messages and the topic to change from battle.lgp to char.lgp.)
« Last Edit: 2007-07-08 15:46:15 by lil-juice-09 »

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-04-12 03:05:43 »
can you help me out too? im having trouble at the part where i extract the files into gamedir/field/char and then create a new folder to put them in but it won't allow me to when i try to create a new folder it always says "the directory or file cannot be created" do you have any solutions?
« Last Edit: 2008-04-12 03:30:11 by Xelane »

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-04-12 21:52:44 »
ok now i figured it out but after i finish everythingand i try to start the game i just get a flash of black and then back to desktop.....i know people get this alot but i don't think anyone's had that happen from this patch