Author Topic: FF7 was working now isn't  (Read 2325 times)

bigkickr

FF7 was working now isn't
« on: 2009-07-01 13:50:57 »
If anyone could help I would really appreciate it. I had installed Final Fantasy VII on my computer running Vista. I downloaded and installed the 1.02 patch, the chocobo patch, and the True Motion Codec patch. FF7 worked!!!!! However I got greedy and saw the HD patch and installed that. FF7 no longer works and to top it off after several times of trying to uninstall and reinstall the game it still no longer works. I cannot even get to the New Game / Continue screen. After installing the game and restarting the computer then installing the "required" patches I attempt to start the game. The screen goes black, the CD drive never starts spinning, and after a few seconds I'm back on the desktop. Does anyone have any ideas? Please help!

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: FF7 was working now isn't
« Reply #1 on: 2009-07-01 13:57:23 »
About the patches...

Now that we have the custom graphics driver, the only patch needed to play the game (AFAIK) is the 1.02 patch. In any case, there's no need for the high-res patch any more.

Have you been re-installing with all of those patches every time? If so, I recommend re-installing with only the 1.02 patch and the custom graphics driver. It might be that there is some other problem like the registry being messed up, but it's still worth trying. (BTW, the machine on which I usually play FF7 is broken ATM, so I can't give you any detailed help right now).

bigkickr

« Reply #2 on: 2009-07-01 14:11:13 »
thanks, i will give it a try. i just thought it was weird that everything worked fine until the high dev patch was installed and now nothing works even after uninstall / reinstall.

bigkickr

« Reply #3 on: 2009-07-01 14:22:21 »
after extracting the custom graphics driver, where do i paste the shaders folder, .cfg, and .fgd files to?

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-07-01 14:55:09 »
IIRC everything should go into the same directory as ff7.exe (something like C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII, but on your computer it might be a little different).

bigkickr

« Reply #5 on: 2009-07-01 15:48:58 »
Thank you so much, everything seems to be working.......for now. Thanks again.