Author Topic: Re-seting a flag for a changed field model  (Read 2801 times)

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re-seting a flag for a changed field model
« on: 2010-09-07 10:36:41 »
In particular, I am trying to change Aerith's default field model ( after using the amazing-hulk, err, remix patch ) to the one wearing the dress when infiltrating conero's mansion. Since you dont actually control Aerith ( climbing ladders and such ) there should be no problem with using the other model.
Am I prone to run into game breaking problems in cut scenes with this or is it safe?

the main question is, how I would go about finding / setting the flag again after you're dropped into the sewers. While on that topic, just for fun, I'd like to see if its possible to change clouds field model to the one wearing a dress too ( for funny moments ). Same for Tifa.
I dont think it can be done via BlackChocobo edit.

If this is the wrong forum for this sort of question, please excuse me, but I wasn't sure what sub-forum this should belong to.

Izban

• View Profile
Re: Re-seting a flag for a changed field model
« Reply #1 on: 2010-09-07 12:12:11 »
I'm pretty sure that those alternate dresses and such are just loaded in the Mansion but the models should be in the field.lpg so it would be possible to switch out the standard cloths for the dresses your after i would recommenced getting ilfana by Ficedula its a model viewer

you could also find the skeleton and replace loaded model with meteor or  Makou Reactor i think Makou has that function only problem with that way is every time you enter those edited areas they would be wearing them unless you did a bit more research

hope i helped

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: 2010-09-07 12:17:13 »
you can pretty much walk anywhere in the wall market with the changed models

I will test if you can actually LEAVE wall market and what happens if you savegameeditor-translocate yourself to another point while wearing the dresses

edit: if you edit the savegame to another location, it automatically unloads the changed models. so yeah, seems limited to wall market as well as the mansion.

I really haven't messed with models before, so I'm reluctant to try that. It's worth a try though. ( pity, Aerith and Tifa's dress models look a lot better than their standard models )
« Last Edit: 2010-09-07 12:26:08 by KuugenTheFox »

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 2010-09-07 17:52:03 »
The field models are associated with the field they are in.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #4 on: 2010-09-07 18:56:31 »
yuck, thats too much changing for my taste. you can lock this.
thanks for your help.