Author Topic: FF7 - Attack Animation Swapping?  (Read 2588 times)

BattleJesus

FF7 - Attack Animation Swapping?
« on: 2010-04-04 16:42:02 »
Greetings! I had been roaming about here for a bit, and I had come across a handful of people that had the brilliant idea of swapping Tifa for Jessie. Sadly, it seems that none of them had succeeded in their endeavor.

So I had decided to try my hand at it, and the Tifa model is almost entirely converted to Jessie (just a few problems with the battle skeleton) - though I figured that it'd be fitting to have some sort of Materia that would go along with her. I figured that since she's the games short-lived pyromaniac, that it'd be an explosives/demolitions sort of materia.

I figured I'd simply make new skills/spells and give them the animations of the grenade, shrapnel, right arm, matra magic(originally thinking Highwind) and Beta, but it thoroughly seems to me that I won't be able to do that so easily, seeing as there's seemingly completely different animation indexes for the different kinds of spells and skills (example - Beta - enemy skill - has the animation code of 0C, and so does Confuse - regular spell)

So, if you've survived (or skipped) the textwall - I'd like to ask if there is some way that I can do this? There some ridiculously easy thing I'm missing? XD

Any help would be thoroughly welcome :)

Izban

• View Profile
Re: FF7 - Attack Animation Swapping?
« Reply #1 on: 2010-04-06 01:31:12 »
i would check the wiki or have a chat to SecondAdvent, gjoerulv or Nfitc1 seeing as Nfitc1 made WallMarket and SecondAdvent is redoing all the Ai so that it works and takes up less space and gjoerulv cause he has added enemies to the game with new skills

i may also suggest the search function with the keywords "Attack, Index"

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: 2010-04-06 02:58:54 »
Read my thread here: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9277.0

And this one too: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8195.0

These should tell you all you need.

BattleJesus

« Reply #3 on: 2010-04-06 06:40:26 »
Gallons of thanks! Though you weren't entirely right in it being all that I need. It got two of the ones i needed, but lacks item animations (Grenade) and limits (Highwind, but not truly necessary)

Thanks a ton, though - never would have figured that out by myself. Should've searched Index XDD :D