Author Topic: AC style cloud VS Classic Cloud  (Read 9194 times)

BloodShot

• View Profile
AC style cloud VS Classic Cloud
« on: 2010-04-20 17:07:17 »
                                                                                   ==The AC cloud vs Classic Cloud Thread==

The question has been asked over numerous occasions, but I just wanted to start this up on qhimm to see what you guys think.

So basically, which do you like - the classic, Anime-ish styled Cloud Strife with the soldier uniform, or the revamped, realistic AC-styled cloud.

I personally prefer the original, because i find his uniquely styled large spiky hair and soldier uniform to be much cooler. Plus he has the added bonus of not looking emo.

Post your opinions  :)
« Last Edit: 2010-04-21 00:59:45 by bloodshot »

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Re: AC style cloud VS Classic Cloud
« Reply #1 on: 2010-04-20 17:09:18 »
This is an odd thing to be asking in "General". Maybe not, I'm not sure.

I like the original if the shading were fixed. The AC one's colors are tamer and not as "alive" as the original's, which fits in better with the atmosphere of most battle scenes.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-04-20 21:37:38 »
Original all the way.

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-04-21 00:16:16 »
Classic for the win!

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-04-21 05:10:11 »
I tend to like them about the same, provided they're in the correct context. I don't really like AC Cloud in FF7, though. Probably FF7 Cloud wouldn't fit well in AC, I'd have to see it in action to decide if I like it.

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-04-23 16:09:05 »
I like the original far better, but I think it would be perfect with the newer hair if the colour of the newer hair was slightly more exaggerated and a bit more anime.

I also think I'm in the minority when I say I prefer life sized models over chibi.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-04-23 17:43:46 »
I tend to like them about the same, provided they're in the correct context. I don't really like AC Cloud in FF7, though. Probably FF7 Cloud wouldn't fit well in AC, I'd have to see it in action to decide if I like it.
Nevermind, classic Cloud looks like Crap in AC scenery.

Colonel Ramsay

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-04-23 18:37:04 »
Classic.

The_Birthed_God

« Reply #8 on: 2010-04-23 21:05:12 »
I'm going to say...both. I like the AC Cloud for its details and for the fact it has a more lifelike quality to it, and I like the classic Cloud simply for the nostalgia factor.

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-04-24 00:23:43 »
Nevermind, classic Cloud looks like Crap in AC scenery.

That made me lol. Wouldn't it make a bit more sense to use the FMV cloud, being a much higher quality one?

Honestly though, i prefer original though mainly for the cooler hair and outfit. I think it'd be pretty cool square soft (screw enix) made a cartoon show like the last order, except they got people who could draw and animate the characters to look like their original FMV counterparts. Or hell, even an FMV movie with the original designs based on the game rather than realistic AC-like ones, like crisis core.

Then again, maybe not because square-enix, sucks now.

Izban

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010-04-30 10:07:07 »
i always preferred the third option the Cloud from Last Order or the OVA its like a happy mix of the 2

hotdog963al

• Horse
    • View Profile
    • Horse HQ
« Reply #11 on: 2010-04-30 12:42:21 »
100% Classic, I never liked AC.

InuRa

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010-05-01 03:01:54 »
Classic of 'course!

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010-05-03 15:07:22 »
I liked classic cloud more. :) Still I still like the advent children cloud just not his attitude. He's changed and somewhat similar to squall in ff8. Just my thoughts. :D

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010-05-03 19:23:47 »
I liked classic cloud more. :) Still I still like the advent children cloud just not his attitude. He's changed and somewhat similar to squall in ff8. Just my thoughts. :D
Personality doesn't factor into it too much. In Advent Children, his personality was off as a direct result of feeling useless because of the geostigma. It's not like he was acting different for no reason other than to change things around.

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010-05-04 00:32:49 »
Your right. :) what I was thinking is that he do not have the will to fight like the original ff7 because he did not have the main enemy Sephiroth driving him crazy. haha

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010-05-07 08:56:29 »
I'm going to say...both. I like the AC Cloud for its details and for the fact it has a more lifelike quality to it, and I like the classic Cloud simply for the nostalgia factor.

This, although nowadays, in the game, i would rather play with AC Cloud even tho that one requires some tweaking; his colors are to dark, it fits the FF7AC movie but in FF7 world colors are more.. "happy".