Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam] Rebirth Flame v1.3 - Character Texture Replacement  (Read 317839 times)

eXistenZe

• View Profile
Hey there.

Can anyone check if I have the right file structure?
I'm getting a transparent quistsis an the first scene (only the suit is visible).

Best regards.

FatedCourage

• I'll never regret knowing you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Hey there.

Can anyone check if I have the right file structure?
I'm getting a transparent quistsis an the first scene (only the suit is visible).

Best regards.

It's probably the objmap causing all of that. If you're using the hashmap at this point, then you don't really need the objmap. Take it out and see if it fixes your problems.

tuan1998pro

• View Profile
Thanks FatedCourage for creating this awesome mod, i have a problem though. At the end of Disk 1 and now on Disk 2, i noticed that Squall in battle, the textures change back to normal, other characters work just fine. Any suggestions on this problem? Thanks again for the awesome mod.

EDIT
: I fixed the problem, don't have to worry about it anymore, it was the weapon Squall used that caused the problem, it was cutting trigger, switch to the other fixed it for me. Thanks
« Last Edit: 2015-10-11 17:00:06 by tuan1998pro »

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Thanks FatedCourage for creating this awesome mod, i have a problem though. At the end of Disk 1 and now on Disk 2, i noticed that Squall in battle, the textures change back to normal, other characters work just fine. Any suggestions on this problem? Thanks again for the awesome mod.

EDIT
: I fixed the problem, don't have to worry about it anymore, it was the weapon Squall used that caused the problem, it was cutting trigger, switch to the other fixed it for me. Thanks

Thanks for letting me know about that. Turns out I messed up the Cutting Trigger name in the hashmap. :P Fixed it now and tweaked a few of the textures. I've also upscaled the remaining battler characters with the waifu program.

k33psm1l1ng

• View Profile
Hello, this is a really nice mod :) Thanks for your work here but I've found a missing texture, while riding a chocobo. There is no texture for this sweet chocobo :(

I've searched the hashmap RebirthFlame_hm.csv and found out, that "char_sqworld_13,12571052299668781849" is doing this bug (1st entry in *World Map) after deleting it, all textures working fine.

May be this is helping others.

Greetings

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Hello, this is a really nice mod :) Thanks for your work here but I've found a missing texture, while riding a chocobo. There is no texture for this sweet chocobo :(

I've searched the hashmap RebirthFlame_hm.csv and found out, that "char_sqworld_13,12571052299668781849" is doing this bug (1st entry in *World Map) after deleting it, all textures working fine.

May be this is helping others.

Greetings

Thank you. I'm aware of this problem and will be fixing the hashmap soon. Though, you didn't have to delete it. Just simply renamed it to "char_special_17". But like I said, I'll get the hashmap updated soon since I've added more codes anyway.

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Updated the hashmap to fix the disappearing Chocobo problem. Hoping that's the last of it.

Edited a few of the textures(including adding some filtering to the ones I upscaled using the waifu program).

Changed up Squall's weapons a bit. If you dislike it, I'll put the old ones back in if you liked the uniqueness. Or, make a copy of your current "ch" folder. Fixed the hair on Squall in his student uniform.

Oh. And I fixed the coloring of Squall's hand on the Devina edits for those of you that use them.

Okay... The second one is my edit of the edit. :P But the original has been fixed, too.

And...that should be everything.

Sefirosu

• Finding out just how far down the rabbit hole goes
    • View Profile
Sorry to ask, but are these latest updates (your latest post) published? [I've been playing a bit of FF9 waiting for you and MCINDUS to push some updates NO RUSH :P]

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Sorry to ask, but are these latest updates (your latest post) published? [I've been playing a bit of FF9 waiting for you and MCINDUS to push some updates NO RUSH :P]

They are. I just update the v1.1 link on the first page is all. It's okay. Sadly, there isn't much more I can update at this current stage regarding this project. :(

bajol

• View Profile
I still have missing chocobo texture in world map, even after updating the hashmap, also replaced all files, just in case, but no change

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Even now, huh? Looks like the best action is for me to just name them one thing rather than split them up to prevent it from happening. Since I'll never be able to figure out which codes do and don't cause that to happen.

Edit: It's been done. Hope this fixes the problem. Also added a few textures.
« Last Edit: 2016-02-22 21:10:41 by FatedCourage »

bajol

• View Profile
Even now, huh? Looks like the best action is for me to just name them one thing rather than split them up to prevent it from happening. Since I'll never be able to figure out which codes do and don't cause that to happen.

Edit: It's been done. Hope this fixes the problem. Also added a few textures.

well its not fixed yet...

can only see the legs, beak and some brown lines (as always, that havent changed)

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Out of curiosity... Are you also using the objmap?

Mirrorman95

• View Profile
    • Mirrorman95 - YouTube Channel
Back in March, Devina released an image slice that replaced Quistis's fisheyes with FF/KH style ones. A few weeks ago, I took all 6 Quistis textures from the pack, and replaced the eyes with Devina's new ones. Just replace those 6 subfolders of /textures/qu with these: http://www.mediafire.com/download/s33urhm4lq2nmon/qu.zip

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Back in March, Devina released an image slice that replaced Quistis's fisheyes with FF/KH style ones. A few weeks ago, I took all 6 Quistis textures from the pack, and replaced the eyes with Devina's new ones. Just replace those 6 subfolders of /textures/qu with these: http://www.mediafire.com/download/s33urhm4lq2nmon/qu.zip

I noticed you posted those awhile back. I meant to ask you if you wanted them added to the RF pack or just remain separate. I would also put them on the SeeD Uniform of Quistis and on her low poly models as well. You know, consistency and all that. :D

bajol

• View Profile
Out of curiosity... Are you also using the objmap?

no im not, i just began modding the game last december when v1.1 was already available and it didnt need that file
but are you not getting the same problem?

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
I don't use Chocobos that often in the game. But when I did use them, no. Actually...it shouldn't do that at all now because I literally renamed the codes in the new hashmap.

bajol

• View Profile
is it possible that another mod is messing it up?
i dont know what might be causing the problem, but i dont understand how modding works either.

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
I don't think there should be... It should only be because of the codes and how Tonberry sometimes does with textures... Which I changed. At what point in the game are you?

bajol

• View Profile
im at disc 2, as soon as you get the roaming balamb garden and have access to the chocobo forest near the shumi village

Mirrorman95

• View Profile
    • Mirrorman95 - YouTube Channel
I noticed you posted those awhile back. I meant to ask you if you wanted them added to the RF pack or just remain separate. I would also put them on the SeeD Uniform of Quistis and on her low poly models as well. You know, consistency and all that. :D
I'd be fine with them in the pack, and I didn't mean to neglect her SeeD uniform texture, I just couldn't find her textures in any other folder. The low-poly textures would require the eyes to be dumbed down in a specific way, and I didn't know if I could get that just right, since the other textures just needed a simple drag-and-drop.

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
im at disc 2, as soon as you get the roaming balamb garden and have access to the chocobo forest near the shumi village

Then I'm at a loss... But I'll try to figure it out nonetheless.

I'd be fine with them in the pack, and I didn't mean to neglect her SeeD uniform texture, I just couldn't find her textures in any other folder. The low-poly textures would require the eyes to be dumbed down in a specific way, and I didn't know if I could get that just right, since the other textures just needed a simple drag-and-drop.

Ah, okay. Oh, no, I didn't mean that you had to. I meant that I could do it for you. Since Devina didn't change the skin tones and you already applied the new eyes, all I need to do is scale the face and align. Not too hard all things considered. So no worries. :)

bajol

• View Profile
Then I'm at a loss... But I'll try to figure it out nonetheless.

I think i got where the problem is coming from
the game, instead of taking chocobo´s texture form char_special_17.png is taking it from char_special_25.png (where there´s nothing on that spot)

edit: yeah i copied the upper part of char_special_17 into char_special_25, so to see how it works, and the chocobo appears (despite the white parts that should be transparent, since paint doesnt support transparency)

« Last Edit: 2016-02-23 17:19:16 by bajol »

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Thanks for figuring it out. I assumed it might be another code to something else. So to make this 100% without problems(I hope), I'll just combine them together. Thanks again I'll try and get it all fixed soon.

Edit: Okay, it's up. Be sure to replace/delete the old textures and use the new ones. And use the edited hashmap as well. Hope this sorts out all the problems.
« Last Edit: 2016-02-24 02:41:53 by FatedCourage »

Yongkang

• View Profile
sr for my bad English :(
my question. there has a Fujin and Rajin texture in folder textures but not in Rebirth Flame hashmap file, so the replacement texture is not working for them. right