Author Topic: Hardest games you've ever played?  (Read 50616 times)

Opine

• View Profile
Re: Hardest games you've ever played?
« Reply #25 on: 2010-12-09 13:50:14 »
Superman 64

Seriously, the visuals make you wanna puke, the controls give you Nintendo Thumb within 5 seconds, I don't even know if there was a plot.  It was just...  HORRID, and because of this, it's a f*cking chore to sit through it, so, right there, hardest game ever.

Ugh, I tried that game (rented it from Blockbuster back in the day). I never got past the flying through hoops training thing. That game was horrible.

Nunsrgr8

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010-12-09 21:33:44 »
The Jetbike level from Battletoads and Double Dragon.. Seriously. Like, head downtown to your seediest pawn shop and pick up a copy of this. Me and my roommate both agree, HARDEST THING EVER LITERALLY. It's like if you had a kidney stone the size of a golfball, ugh. Awful.  :|

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010-12-09 22:38:29 »
Superman 64

Seriously, the visuals make you wanna puke, the controls give you Nintendo Thumb within 5 seconds, I don't even know if there was a plot.  It was just...  HORRID, and because of this, it's a f*cking chore to sit through it, so, right there, hardest game ever.

Ugh, I tried that game (rented it from Blockbuster back in the day). I never got past the flying through hoops training thing. That game was horrible.

Hey, that's....exactly my experience with this game...  Are you me?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010-12-09 22:59:07 »

- Kid Chameleon on Sega Genesis (no saves, and +100 levels ?... ...Who beat that thing ?)

Me but I had to cheat, also it depended on which choices you made sometimes... ended up with different set of levels to play.  It needed a save feature for sure.

Nunsrgr8

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010-12-10 04:53:29 »
Me but I had to cheat, also it depended on which choices you made sometimes... ended up with different set of levels to play.  It needed a save feature for sure.

Reminds me of the days back in 96' before I had a memory card for PSX, back in those days they cost like $50! I remember Rayman, where they gave you the classic "Password" system, where you spent 10 minutes writing down a 40 character random password which ultimately NEVER FXCKING WORKED. Rage.

Opine

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010-12-10 12:54:10 »
Hey, that's....exactly my experience with this game...  Are you me?
Yes, I'm the Kal-El to your Clark Kent.
Wait, no, not really.

FeliX Leonhart

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010-12-10 13:31:07 »
My whole life is the hardest game I played :-P

Mirenheart

• Pone
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010-12-11 06:01:31 »
QWOP
QWOP is the hardest game I've ever played.

http://foddy.net/Athletics.html

Masa-Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010-12-11 19:15:37 »
QWOP
QWOP is the hardest game I've ever played.

http://foddy.net/Athletics.html

Zzzzzzzzzz I've been trying to beat that for 2 hours now...I haven't made it past 15m ....

Yarow12

• I am the Epic awesome; I am the Awesom epic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010-12-11 20:25:50 »
Ninja Gaiden, Pac-Man, Resident Evil 4 (PS2): The Mercenaries, Beat Down: Fist of Vengeance (Xbox), Vakyrie Profile, and Tetis.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010-12-11 20:58:43 »
and Tetis.
Tetris? Not really. Tetris The Grand Master 2? Hell yeah. That game is hell for beginners, most don't even last two minutes.

Related note, if you're looking for a good TGM clone, texmaster is a good place to start.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #36 on: 2010-12-15 16:15:08 »
Battletoads for nes. Impossible...
FFIX, nah kidding.

Doku

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010-12-15 16:33:10 »
I wanna be the guy
Ninja gaiden 2 ( master ninja mode x_x)

MADDOGG

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2011-02-04 23:06:11 »
final fantasy 13
just couldnt figure it out, so boring too

Masa-Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2011-02-04 23:25:10 »
Dragon Warrior 1. NES version.

AWESOME, but hard

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2011-02-05 01:20:26 »
Dragon Warrior 1. NES version.

AWESOME, but hard

Sorry I have to disagree, but maybe thats because I'm a HARDCORE grinder.(I once played on the second screen you get Seifer on in FF8 for 2 solid weeks. I killed my other 2 party members and not only Leveled Seifer to 100 but leveled your first GFs to 100 and drew magic and used my abilities gained to max my entire partys magic stock. This enabled me to have a level 7 party(vs. lvl 7 enemies)While having GF's deal 9999 damage, and the magics junctioned onto my characters gave me around 5000 hp,255 str, etc.I think I finished at lvl 15. Needless to say I could kill Ultemecia with one renzokuken lol.)

Lol that was a paragraph in parentheses, anyway, I just did a lot of grinding to get an insane level, and made sure I got the hero items(is that what they are called?)As I remember the hints to getting them are easy to find.

My vote for hardest game is probably Rygar for nes, Ive never made it pass the third boss.

Silent Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2011-02-05 14:47:53 »
I remember getting royally owned in Shining Force 2 - never been a tactics-guy. As such, I have tremendous problems with every strategy-game ever made. Hm... I wonder if perhaps Independence War/I-War is the most absolute difficult game I've ever played? I'm not usually THAT badly owned in space-flight games, but then, it relies on tactics and imagination.

Or maybe it's Lock-On or Falcon 4[variant x]... The Myst-series doesn't count, does it?

[Edit]
OT - Heh, sweet, just noticed I'm a 'Cool newbie'! 8) Well, gee, I've only been poking around here since Jenova was in development, first dipping my toes in FF when FFVIII PC was still somewhat new... :roll:
« Last Edit: 2011-02-06 11:00:21 by Silent Warrior »

Cloudef

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2011-02-06 10:44:33 »
Any bullet hell game from Cave.
« Last Edit: 2011-02-06 11:02:42 by Cloudef »

djhexy

« Reply #43 on: 2011-02-08 17:47:33 »

Amen to that, I've been playing Mushihimesama Futari for over a year now, and its still impossible on Ultra difficulty, ESP Ra. De is another classic of theirs..  and as much as they drive me insane, I just keep coming back for more  :-P

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #44 on: 2011-02-10 16:43:31 »
Hardest game ever nobody can trump: Battletoads for the NES
Thats hard beyond impossible

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2011-02-10 17:07:58 »
Mushihimesama Futari

Every time I see the word "futari" I immediately read it as "futanari".

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2011-02-11 03:25:40 »
Definitely have to say Duke3D on Damn I'm Good. That's one of the hardest difficulties ever made in a vanilla, non modded fps.

Also, if we are talking mods, The Hell mod for Diablo 1 is over the top, near impossible hard. Surprisingly though, not impossible.

Masa-Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2011-02-11 19:56:58 »
Definitely have to say Duke3D on Damn I'm Good. That's one of the hardest difficulties ever made in a vanilla, non modded fps.

Also, if we are talking mods, The Hell mod for Diablo 1 is over the top, near impossible hard. Surprisingly though, not impossible.

Agreed. >_< Me and a Friend have been trying to get it to work with Multiplayer though, using LAN or TCP/IP over Hamachi. Got it to show up in the menu and stuff just games won't show up ><

If we're still talking mods LOL - FF1 Rebalanced was a pretty good Challenge. I don't know if it was realesed though I got sent the Beta version for the NES, I haven't gotten any emails back since September '10 >.> If you can get past the minor graphical bugs on some of the sprites then it's pretty good challenge. Alot harder compared to the Original FF1 that's for sure.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #48 on: 2011-06-17 19:46:08 »

lol I liked this comment in one of these vids.

(X) Asian Hard

() Asian Medium

() Asian Easy

() Impossible

() Expert

() Hard

() Medium

() Easy

Asian Easy is harder than Impossible :evil:

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2011-06-18 14:25:24 »
Harder of all them? FFX. I just wasn't able to figure what to do... I do love that game, like all FFs (although FFVIII is still my favourite) but I'm not good... FFXII too... I got stuck a lot, but managed to beat it. Also FFVI. I think I don't have the necessary strategy to beat some bosses... FFIX also is damn hard for me. Kari "Essentia" Johnson makes me realize how much bad I am to these three game >< Have you ever been ridiculised by some Speed Runner at some game? FFVI, single-segment in 3:27 ><