Author Topic: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg  (Read 2428035 times)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg
« Reply #2725 on: 2015-07-09 23:13:53 »
Opening FF7Config may have messed up the registry keys and/or Aali's Driver, otherwise I have no way of really knowing what's wrong. Best bet is to reinstall from scratch again.

redxiii98

• View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: 2015-07-09 23:29:18 »
Opening FF7Config may have messed up the registry keys and/or Aali's Driver, otherwise I have no way of really knowing what's wrong. Best bet is to reinstall from scratch again.

I restarted my computer and it is now inexplicably working. Computers are weird. Anyway thank you for being so kind and helping out a Noob.

Fendera

• Your friendly neighbor :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: 2015-07-10 21:58:27 »
You can change a model out if you have the files for it and use an lgp tool. There are multiple ones found on this forum (check The Big List of Mods thread).

I like to use this one: http://www.mediafire.com/download/zxj5iyzzmwi/UNLGP%2BLGP+0.5+Automatic+By+Kranmer.exe

thanks

pyrometheous

• View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: 2015-07-13 00:49:24 »
So I just got this installed, and I've noticed that only the "shift" key on the keyboard does anything. In fact, it appears to be doing everything. I was just wanting to get this working with a controller, however I have no idea how to do so, the game seems unresponsive XBOX 360 controllers as well as PS2 controllers. Does anyone have a clue about how to resolve this?

dark04

• Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: 2015-07-13 21:45:54 »
disculpa tengo una pregunta..yo me descargue el final fantasy 7 la version 2012 de RELOADED..y quisiera saber si este parche de Tifa bootleg le sirve a esta version..?gracias

excuse me I have a question ..I download the final fantasy 7 2012 RELOADED version .. and I wonder if this patch Tifa serves this bootleg version .. ? thanks

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #2730 on: 2015-07-13 21:51:11 »
The RELOADED version is an illegal pirated version. We only provide support for legally purchased copies of the game. ~Covarr

dark04

• Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: 2015-07-14 03:47:13 »
the mod bootleg served in FFVII remake 2012? ie in last edition FFVII pc? thanks

caio.belasalma

• View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: 2015-07-16 03:39:23 »
hello,
I tried to install re translation from menu overhaul to solve the counter issues,
but i think it went wrong.
this log jumped my screen:

blin67_2 patch failed, not original script
chrin_2 patch failed, not original script
cosin1_1 patch failed, not original script
ealin_2 patch failed, not original script
elmin4_2 patch failed, not original script
frcyo patch failed, not original script
fship_4 patch failed, not original script
gongaga patch failed, not original script
goson patch failed, not original script
lastmap patch failed, not original script
min51_1 patch failed, not original script
mtcrl_9 patch failed, not original script

please how can I solve this?

thx

ZombieHack

• View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: 2015-07-27 10:17:38 »
TL;DR: No Troubleshooting needed! Thanks for all of the great work to the community!

Been nostalgic lately, decided to look into FF7 again (just beat FF6 again too!) and rather than resurrect the grey whale in the closet and the always scratched discs I decided to be an adult and use my grocery money to buy it on Steam. I played it and loved it, and loved the already updated experience that square put in! Then I thought maybe some great folks put the same kind of care and attention into this game like the community surrounding Fallout 3/New Vegas. Mods make both of those great games absolutely incredible. So I dove into google (for like half a second) and found Tifa's Bootleg (first result), a link I was sure I should have opened in an incognito window.

So I followed the instructions (I also don't like screenshots/videos, I want to see the handiwork roar to life on its own! Also I know, dumb.),  and downloaded EVERYTHING. I copied, extracted, installed, and torrented away. When I first played it, I was underwhelmed a bit at some of the graphical updates, the characters updated, the icons, but there were red error messages every time I started the game, missing movies.

I opened the FF7\Movies directory and it was empty! Looked in the ini file and saw I never pointed BFE at the mods directory! D'oh! Tried BFE again (much longer install time means things were actually happening) and I AM AMAZED! This is nothing short of a labor of love from a community, and thank you all for revering the game/series of my childhood! Also apologies to my present adulthood, there is going to be some tough procrastinating ahead!

Thank you!

swerto

• View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: 2015-08-01 00:07:13 »
Windows 10 has broken the mod, I'm not really sure what is going on.

Settings I'm using: Pretty much identical to the ones shown in the OP other than a different background art.

What happens: Launch bootloader, cmd prompt opens as usual and then game launches, immediately game crashes, cmd prompt closes and no error report is shown.

I've tried messing around with the settings, tried running in compatability for multiple windows versions, just doesn't work. Steam launcher for FF7 still starts up the game, but I don't have access to my saves and the custom music and menus there.

Kozzima

• View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: 2015-08-02 17:43:58 »
Is there a way to put this on a Galaxy S5 epsxe version and if so could you guide me or show me a link Please.

ZombieHack

• View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: 2015-08-03 09:36:57 »
Windows 10 has broken the mod, I'm not really sure what is going on.

What happens: Launch bootloader, cmd prompt opens as usual and then game launches, immediately game crashes, cmd prompt closes and no error report is shown.

WINDOWS 10 NOTE:

Check the APP.LOG in your FF7 folder, but mine stopped as soon as it tried to load sound. I looked at the FF7Config.exe and went to the Sound tab and saw there was no sound card selected! I think this is because of Windows 10 installing new drivers for everything. Choose your sound card, click OK, launch  through Bootloader as normal!

ElvenVampire

• View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: 2015-08-04 16:02:59 »
So after like 20 hours of attempting to download all this (tifas package and extracting mods via bootleg, BFE etc) I go to launch game and I get a error that says "fail to load BVJF.yos" does anyone know whats cause this and how to fix/add it so the game can be made playable?
Much help would be appreciated, and thanks in advance
App.log says this
Code: [Select]
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: ATI Technologies Inc. AMD Radeon HD 8210 4.2.12422 Compatibility Profile Context 13.152.1.3000
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Using PBO
INFO: Found swap_control extension
GLITCH: Unable to turn on vsync
INFO: Max texture size: 16384x16384
INFO: Number of texture units: 8
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1280x960, output resolution 1280x960, internal resolution 1280x960
INFO: Shader limits: varying 128, vert uniform 1024, frag uniform 1024
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: C:\Games\FF7\movies\eidoslogo.avi; h264/ac3 1280x960, 25.000000 FPS, duration: 153.664000, frames: 3842
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
ERROR: failed to find file char/BVJF.a (LGP) (path: )
ERROR: offset error: BVJF.a
ERROR: could not open file BVJF.a
ERROR: unhandled exception
« Last Edit: 2015-08-04 17:03:21 by Covarr »

Cloud16

• View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: 2015-08-05 22:01:55 »
Hey there,
(sry for my english, but i'm trying ;) )

my problem is, i installed all without problems but if i'm trying to start the game, there is coming the Eidos screen and SquareSoft (without sound).
After i skip it, i can choose from new game or load game but it isn't english or german like i want, this language looks like turkey or arabian.
If i now press new game, i get a black screen and nothing else happend. I have to shut down the game with task manager.

My App.log looks like this

INFO: ATI Technologies Inc. AMD Radeon R9 200 Series 4.3.12618 Compatibility Profile Context 13.251.0.0
INFO: Number of texture units: 8
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1920x1080, output resolution 1440x1080, internal resolution 3840x2160
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
INFO: Shader limits: varying 128, vert uniform 1024, frag uniform 1024
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
ERROR: failed to find file flevel/flevel.siz (LGP) (path: )
ERROR: failed to find file flevel/MAPLIST (LGP) (path: )
ERROR: failed to find file flevel/hand_1.TEX (LGP) (path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\Data\field)
ERROR: offset error: hand_1.TEX
ERROR: could not open file hand_1.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE hand_1.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE hand_1.tim
ERROR: failed to find file flevel/sibuki1.TEX (LGP) (path: .)
ERROR: offset error: sibuki1.TEX
ERROR: could not open file sibuki1.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE sibuki1.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE sibuki1.tim
ERROR: failed to find file flevel/sibuki2.TEX (LGP) (path: .)
ERROR: offset error: sibuki2.TEX
ERROR: could not open file sibuki2.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE sibuki2.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE sibuki2.tim
ERROR: failed to find file flevel/sibuki3.TEX (LGP) (path: .)
ERROR: offset error: sibuki3.TEX
ERROR: could not open file sibuki3.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE sibuki3.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE sibuki3.tim
ERROR: failed to find file flevel/sibuki4.TEX (LGP) (path: .)
ERROR: offset error: sibuki4.TEX
ERROR: could not open file sibuki4.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE sibuki4.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE sibuki4.tim
ERROR: could not open file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\Data\kernel/window.bin
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; indeo5/pcm_s16le 640x480, 30.000000 FPS, duration: 12.933333, frames: 388
INFO: slow output format from video codec indeo5; 6
INFO: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\sqlogo.avi; h264/aac 1280x896, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 14.533333, frames: 218
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
ERROR: failed to find file flevel/ÌO (LGP) (path: )

It seems like some programms are missing -.-
Please help me!

Thank you <3
« Last Edit: 2015-08-05 22:31:34 by Covarr »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: 2015-08-06 08:11:41 »

Step 3: Open Bootleg040.zip and extract it to a non-system folder, e.g. C:\Games\FF7Mods

Cloud16

• View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: 2015-08-06 16:13:37 »
Ok guys, i solved the problem,

i forgot to install the game converter....

I'm sorry but ty for helping ;)
« Last Edit: 2015-08-06 22:47:25 by Cloud16 »

Moonman

• View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: 2015-08-09 18:55:25 »
For whatever reason FF7Music will not play any of the MP3s that came with it post me installing Windows 10. The normal music will play just fine if I disable FF7Music. Any ideas on why this is? If I need to provide some kind of logs for reference, then I will be happy to.

cloudhaacker

• View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: 2015-08-11 00:23:32 »
Hey everyone - I've tried to skim through this thread but I haven't come across the problem I'm having.  I have sucessefully run this mod before on windows 8 and it was great, now I've upgraded to windows 10 and am reinstalling all my games.  I was able to install FF7, run the bootleg and everything seemed fine other than the opening credits, start screen weren't the ones I picked, and the text was kind of weird (too big and overlapping), then after starting, the first battle the game would just hang.  So i uninstalled the game the "approved" way and tried to reinstall, and ever since then I've been getting this error after unpacking sprinkles -

Final_Fantasy_VII_Remix_v2-5-1_Installer.exe is missing!
"Final_Fantasy_VII_Remix_v2-5-1_Installer.part01.rar" is missing!
"Final_Fantasy_VII_Remix_v2-5-1_Installer.part01.rar" has parts missing!
"Final_Fantasy_VII_Remix_v2-5-1_Installer.part1.rar" is missing!
"Final_Fantasy_VII_Remix_v2-5-1_Installer.part1.rar" has parts missing!

Aali's OpenGL driver is missing!
Please add the Remix installer or Aali's OpenGL driver to the mod path and retry.
Installation Aborted.

Removing setup files . . .
Please remain patient . . .
Completed Clean Up.

Bootleg Aborted!
There was a problem during installation.
The game files might be damaged.

Please do a FULL install of Final Fantasy VII to a NON-SYSTEM folder.
Make sure that all MODS are in the SAME FOLDER with Bootleg.exe.

Close all open FF7 files and folders before starting Bootleg.

Run Bootleg.exe as ADMINISTRATOR.
For help use the command line switch-- Bootleg /?
Press any key to continue . . .

I've tried to uninstall, install in other places, I've even manually gone through the registry and deleted every possible thing pertaining to FF7 first, and still I can't seem to get it to work.  Any suggestions?

Also, I did try to download the remix installer and place it in there.
« Last Edit: 2015-08-11 04:28:04 by cloudhaacker »

cloudhaacker

• View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: 2015-08-11 16:27:31 »
Okay, so I seem to have finally gotten it but not sure what finally did the trick.  I'm pretty sure I tried all these things only made 1 change this time.  Also - when I deleted everything out of the registry somehow I couldn't get the regular FF7 installer on the disc to run, finally traced that to somehow my Everything program was using the installer and making it hang, I had to analyze the wait chain on the installer and end the everything task to get it to work, weird!  Anyway, I got everything uninstalled, installed the game, then ran the bootleg installer from c:\bootleg040 with the Remix installer files dumped in there with the program and eveything.  The only change I made then was to change the temp directory to somewhere else, and it worked flawlessly!  I finished installing remotely (I'm at work) and I was able to boot the game and get to the start screen, but couldn't do anything from there but may be a problem trying to do it through teamviewer - I'll update once I get home and can actually try it.  So Windows 10 should work just as good for this mod.  Thanks for such a great mod and a great community of people to help with it!

Update:  Game works perfectly - I think I borked the first install by installing avalanch after running the bootleg, I couldn't remember what I had done the first time around and had that file out on its own.  I know I followed the directions but for some reason I thought I needed that too - I keep a detailed spreadsheet of how to install all my games and the settings used but had never done that for FF7, so I thought my windows 10 reinstall would be a good time to do so, that's why I didn't know what I was doing for sure lol.
« Last Edit: 2015-08-12 14:21:12 by cloudhaacker »

kidalot

• View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: 2015-08-13 19:27:46 »
The issue regarding missing display for countdown, safe combinations, timers, viewer ratings is there a full solution to that?

I'm trying to open the safe in the Shinra mansion but can't see the combination so I installed Menu Overhaul with re-translation project checked and moved items from DK folder to bootleg and changed back mod path in FF7 config to "bootleg". I noticed all custom avatars gone but I can now see the combination when open the safe and start the fight the game crashes (black screen)   

Is there a proper solution of using the bootleg and having a fix for this or am i doing something wrong here?
« Last Edit: 2015-08-13 19:33:16 by kidalot »

cloudhaacker

• View Profile
« Reply #2745 on: 2015-08-14 02:52:19 »
kidalot, did you follow this part exactly?  With antivirus/firewall disabled?  This says to save right after you get past the counter, and I assume you would change everything back right after that.

➣ I can't see the counters for the Shinra Mansion Safe, Junon Parade, Gaea's Cliff, Rocket Launch Countdown, etc.

Make a backup of [gamedir]\mods\Bootleg.
Install Menu Overhaul with "Re-Translation Project [R04]" checked.
Go to [gamedir]\mods\DK and copy all its contents to [gamedir]\mods\Bootleg. Overwrite everything when asked.
Open up Bootloader Configure and change the Mod Path back to "Bootleg" OR open ff7_opengl.cfg with Notepad and edit mod_path = Bootleg. Be sure to save the file.
Play the game passed the counter and save right after.
If you don't like the translated text, run Menu Overhaul again with "Uninstall this mod" checked at the bottom.
Go to the backup from Step 1 and copy all its contents to [gamedir]\mods\Bootleg. Overwrite everything when asked.

kidalot

• View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: 2015-08-14 06:04:31 »
kidalot, did you follow this part exactly?  With antivirus/firewall disabled?  This says to save right after you get past the counter, and I assume you would change everything back right after that.

➣ I can't see the counters for the Shinra Mansion Safe, Junon Parade, Gaea's Cliff, Rocket Launch Countdown, etc.

Make a backup of [gamedir]\mods\Bootleg.
Install Menu Overhaul with "Re-Translation Project [R04]" checked.
Go to [gamedir]\mods\DK and copy all its contents to [gamedir]\mods\Bootleg. Overwrite everything when asked.
Open up Bootloader Configure and change the Mod Path back to "Bootleg" OR open ff7_opengl.cfg with Notepad and edit mod_path = Bootleg. Be sure to save the file.
Play the game passed the counter and save right after.
If you don't like the translated text, run Menu Overhaul again with "Uninstall this mod" checked at the bottom.
Go to the backup from Step 1 and copy all its contents to [gamedir]\mods\Bootleg. Overwrite everything when asked.

Tried following the guide word for word

Install Menu Overhaul with "Re-Translation Project [R04]" checked. - Yes did this. Even tried deselecting everything apart from Re-Translation [R04]

Go to [gamedir]\mods\DK and copy all its contents to [gamedir]\mods\Bootleg. Overwrite everything when asked. - All Folders were copied from within the DK Folder to the mod folder the the game install file and were replaced.

Play the game passed the counter and save right after. - Changed Mod = Bootleg within Bootloader Configure.

lay the game passed the counter and save right after. This part isn't actually possible, yes I was able to see the safe combination but as soon as you open the safe you don't have control a text box 'success' appears all you can press is the OK button and this triggers the fight and the crash. So not sure how to get around this, unless there was a way to save without going into in game menu?

I've already used this method for the Shinra Parade thing but there wasn't any fights in that section.

« Last Edit: 2015-08-14 06:06:15 by kidalot »

PcGamingRig

• View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: 2015-08-21 14:02:05 »
I seem to be getting a lot of parts missing or missing files errors when bootleg sets the game up. I have downloaded the torrent files and given all of the admin privileges before installation. The music or difficulty mods are not installing either, even when selected from the drop down menus.

The bootleg installation seems very quick as well as if it is skipping or missing installations, I thought it was meant to take a while?

PcGamingRig

• View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: 2015-08-21 15:23:29 »
nvm, bootleg just forgot the custom path I assigned for the mod folder. One more question, is the bootloader mod path meant to just say bootleg on its own? Or should it have a proper installation path in the box, bootleg was just the default...
« Last Edit: 2015-08-21 18:31:50 by PcGamingRig »

PcGamingRig

• View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: 2015-08-21 18:31:26 »
In game I have sound of a train arriving and some movements and I can access the stats menu but I have no in game visuals.

Here is my APP.LOG.

INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GTX 970/PCIe/SSE2 4.5.0 NVIDIA 355.60
INFO: Number of texture units: 4
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1280x960, output resolution 1280x960, internal resolution 1280x960
INFO: Shader limits: varying 124, vert uniform 4096, frag uniform 4096
INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized