Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam]SeeDReborn v4.1 Multi-Language [NEW! More Options!] (5/22/19)  (Read 556946 times)

Vivigamer

• View Profile
Is there a way to download 3.2? - The AdFly Link never seems to work...

zeldagirl

• View Profile
Does this support polish?

Makorov

• View Profile
I made screenshots of the alternative screens

feel free to use the screenshots however you like, pretty mess with spoilers... so

Spoiler: SeedSkin: Blue FF7 • show

Spoiler: SeedSkin: blue-cobalt • show

Spoiler: SeedSkin: blue-indigo • show

Spoiler: SeedSkin: brown-leather • show

Spoiler: SeedSkin: brown-mahagoni • show

Spoiler: SeedSkin: green • show

Spoiler: SeedSkin: green-sea foam • show

Spoiler: SeedSkin: sky • show

Spoiler: SeedSkin: purple • show

Spoiler: SeedSkin: purple-dark • show

Spoiler: SeedSkin: purple-chestnut • show

Spoiler: SeedSkin: metalic-darkrose • show

Spoiler: SeedSkin: metalic-gold • show

Spoiler: SeedSkin: metalic-lavender • show

Spoiler: SeedSkin: metalic-silver • show

Spoiler: SeedSkin: red • show

Spoiler: SeedSkin: red-burgundy • show

Spoiler: SeedSkin: red-dark • show

Spoiler: SeedSkin: turquoise • show
« Last Edit: 2020-04-05 16:11:30 by Makorov »

anti_ohme

• View Profile
Hey guys, I've tried to look for an answer to this but have been unsuccesful. I have placed the contents of the SeeDReborn folder into the ff8 folder and merged the files. I have the hasmap in the hasmap folder and the textures in the texture folder, with all the other hashmap and textures for the other mods (that do work). For some reason, the text is just the same as the original game.It's just as if its not reading the textures even though I have moved them in...

Cheers, Ohme

anti_ohme

• View Profile
scratch that, I've figured it out. Me being dumb :D

anti_ohme

• View Profile
Text won't change (stays vanilla)
« Reply #530 on: 2020-05-13 13:50:33 »
Ugh I thought I had it sussed but... the text isn't changing. Can't think why it isn't working / what is conflicting...

Can be seen here:

https://imgur.com/a/zSspdk0

The Hi Res character model textures are working, I have followed the instructions to the T in the SeedReborn folder... I really cannot think why they would not be working, if the other textures are.

https://imgur.com/a/fwDqMSF - another example. This text box should be indigo... and the font is just vanilla.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-13 14:29:31 by anti_ohme »

faospark

• hell-o-world
    • View Profile
    • old me
i think it would be rather a cool idea if we transfer the GF portraits from the remaster here

Elfen89

• View Profile
SeeDReborn v4.1
Menu, UI, Icon and Font Mod for Final Fantasy 8 (Steam)
by MCINDUS

**NOW AVAILABLE IN ALL LANGUAGES!!**
NEW!!! Gradient Color Options now available!  Custom options located in the download!!!

For use only with the Steam release of Final Fantasy VIII
Join my PATREON!

This mod is dependent on Tonberry 2 (or later)
Get Tonberry 2: Enhanced HERE

**Turn OFF the Steam overlay to prevent crashes and blocky text glitches!**

"SeeDReborn v4.1" is a graphical overhaul which includes:

- New Title Screen
- NEW Alternate Title Screens for "Ragnarok Mod" and "New Threat 8"
- Improved Menu Gradients [NEW COLOR OPTIONS AVAILABLE!]
- ALL game Text re-created - NEW AND IMPROVED FONT for v4.1!
- NEW Font colors, as well as various menu objects modified.  (SeeD, Time, Play, Disc, Fast/Slow, etc.)
- NEW Battle/Menu Icons and Text! (Double/Triple, Target, Miss, Battle Numbers, Renzokuken indicators, etc.)
- NEW Gunblade Cursor
- NEW Updated and colored Item Icons!
- NEW colored Custom Icons for Status and Elemental Magic!
- NEW Custom Icons for Junction Stats instead of old TEXT abbreviations! (HP, Str, Vit, Mag, Spr, Spd, Eva, Hit, Luck)
- Character and GF avatars are completely replaced/remastered
- Magazine Remaster with alternate colored Backgrounds included! (Weapons Monthly and Pet Pals)
- Alignment fixes!!
- Transparency fixes!

PLEASE DONATE HERE!

SeeD Reborn v4.1 (EN-English)
SeeD Reborn v4.1 (ES-Spanish)
SeeD Reborn v4.1 (DE-German)
SeeD Reborn v4.1 (FR-French)
SeeD Reborn v4.1 (IT-Italian)

Hi-Tech and 'Gunblade' themed gradients available here for other language packs! *(already included in EN version)*
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15320.msg264831#msg264831
Thanks to ff7maniac for the cutouts! These will be included in the next mod release!

OLD VERSIONS:
SeeD Reborn v3.5 (English)
SeeD Reborn v3.2 (English) - Old Version with Thinner 'Vanilla' Font

This mod is based off of the original SeeD mod for FF8 2000 by sl1982:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=11960.0

This is the official release! Let me know if you find any bugs!

Directions:
(If you already have the latest version of Tonberry installed, move on to step 2)

1.     Download "Tonberry 2" HERE and install it to your parent FF8 folder (where the .exe is located)
2.     Open the "Final Fantasy VIII" game folder. (normally located "steamapps/common/FINAL FANTASY VIII/")
3.     Unpack "Seed_Reborn v4.1" and place "textures" and "tonberry" into ..."steamapps/common/FINAL FANTASY VIII"
4.     Merge the folders and copy/replace any duplicates.
5.     Look in the /textures-alternates/ folder for instructions on how to add alternate colors for text-boxes, add title screens for other mods, etc.!

Special thanks to Qualcuno for the help with testing the Italian version and collecting hashes!
HUGE thanks to Norwin for the German hashcodes!
Thank you to epikplayer94 for all of the help testing the Italian version for v4.1!

Enjoy!

**Updated 5/22/2019**
DONATE HERE
Seed Reborn 4.1 Italian archive is broken, please fix it

AndyChrist

• View Profile
Congrats on this mod, it really improves the old UI, thanks a lot. I have a question though. If I wanted to modify some of the icons, how can I do it ? I would like to replace the basic parameter icons for smthng more understandable , such as "HP" , "RES" , "SPD", "ACC" , "LUCK", etc (but in spanish xD). Which one of the "iconflmaster_xx" should I modify? (from 13 to 28). If only I knew, since I was able to modify the FF8 controller mod to match my crappy USB Ps4-like controller. The buttons were all mixed around but I managed to swap them all in the correct order, so I edited the file on the Paint 3D app, since normal Paint app leaves a white background on the icons and it looks pretty bad. I hope some1 can guide me on this 1, cuz i would like to do it myself.

Though, if any1 had this kind of file already made, it would be a huge help too.

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Congrats on this mod, it really improves the old UI, thanks a lot. I have a question though. If I wanted to modify some of the icons, how can I do it ? I would like to replace the basic parameter icons for smthng more understandable , such as "HP" , "RES" , "SPD", "ACC" , "LUCK", etc (but in spanish xD). Which one of the "iconflmaster_xx" should I modify? (from 13 to 28). If only I knew, since I was able to modify the FF8 controller mod to match my crappy USB Ps4-like controller. The buttons were all mixed around but I managed to swap them all in the correct order, so I edited the file on the Paint 3D app, since normal Paint app leaves a white background on the icons and it looks pretty bad. I hope some1 can guide me on this 1, cuz i would like to do it myself.

Though, if any1 had this kind of file already made, it would be a huge help too.

Alright, so this version has the icons, but the previous 3.5 version has the text in spanish that you're talking about. In order to copy/paste them to the new mod, you simply go into /textures/ic/iconflmaster/ and /textures/ic/iconfl02 and /textures/ic/iconfl03 and look for the icons and the text from the previous 3.5 mod and swap them out.
You'll need to do so for all of the files in the folders wherever those textures are to make sure you don't miss anything. Some aren't 100% needed, but I'm not sure which - it's been a very long time.

eyeonus

• View Profile
Tried DLing the English version twice, both times I got the message "can not open .... as archive".

denis_Flauber

• View Profile
for God's sake, how can I make the menu the same as in the photo...I copy everything from the SeeDReborn v4.1 folder
I substitute, when I open the game the picture is not the same Lv is not in blue and Hp is not in Yellow.

gets mixed in mine with old icons

photo: https://imgur.com/gVpYEq5.jpg

how I leave the squall gun in place of the hand. :'(

MMDenz

• View Profile
Excuse me, but can I get a link to download the older version of this mod, other than the dodgy adfly website? I'd prefer my menu to be vanilla style just upscaled and where I don't have to go on websites that is living malware. Thank you.

jellybean8537

• View Profile
I put all the folders where there supposed to be but nothing is changes. I used the lunatic pandora installer.

Cert Serth

• View Profile
Hmm, why isn't any of the font changing? No new status icons either. Everything else is fine.

Venturer

• View Profile
Alright, so this version has the icons, but the previous 3.5 version has the text in spanish that you're talking about. In order to copy/paste them to the new mod, you simply go into /textures/ic/iconflmaster/ and /textures/ic/iconfl02 and /textures/ic/iconfl03 and look for the icons and the text from the previous 3.5 mod and swap them out.
You'll need to do so for all of the files in the folders wherever those textures are to make sure you don't miss anything. Some aren't 100% needed, but I'm not sure which - it's been a very long time.

Ay, so I have a question about the previous versions of SeeDReborn, more specifically the 3.2 version of it, as whenever I open the link to try and download it for the fonts it has it brings me to a virus website. So I'm wondering if you would be able update it to have an alternate way of downloading the version or maybe there could be alternate fonts added in the future in the main version?  Regardless if you do or don't answer this I also wanted to say that I really like this mod and the variety it has with the menus and hope you keep up the good work with more mods in the future ^^

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
whenever I open the link to try and download it for the fonts it has it brings me to a virus website.

It's not a "virus website" (although it is shitty and annoying). It's adfly. a service that shows an ad (to make money) when you click a link. The ad could be spam or malware or Coca-Cola, but you don't click on that. You wait a second and click the "skip ad" button once it pops up.

Venturer

• View Profile
It's not a "virus website" (although it is shitty and annoying). It's adfly. a service that shows an ad (to make money) when you click a link. The ad could be spam or malware or Coca-Cola, but you don't click on that. You wait a second and click the "skip ad" button once it pops up.

Ah I see, my bad then. It's a bit too late since I finished the game already but that's good to know I guess.