Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam] Rebirth Flame v1.3 - Character Texture Replacement  (Read 317204 times)

FatedCourage

• I'll never regret knowing you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
sr for my bad English :(
my question. there has a Fujin and Rajin texture in folder textures but not in Rebirth Flame hashmap file, so the replacement texture is not working for them. right

That's okay. :)

As for the hashmap and textures... They should all be there. The codes are only for the battle models. I haven't gotten around to their low poly models. So if they aren't loading in battle, then I must've messed something up somewhere.

Yongkang

• View Profile
oh no, it's working in the battle. i mean Fujin and Raijin new texture are not work in the field like Seifer ...etc...
exemple for the first time Squall talk with them in Galbadia Garden, they were still original texture

Yongkang

• View Profile
That's okay. :)

As for the hashmap and textures... They should all be there. The codes are only for the battle models. I haven't gotten around to their low poly models. So if they aren't loading in battle, then I must've messed something up somewhere.

oh no, it's working in the battle. i mean Fujin and Raijin new texture are not work in the field like Seifer ...etc...
exemple for the first time Squall talk with them in Galbadia Garden, they were still original texture

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel

Then all is working as it should. Like I said, I haven't added those in yet. I probably will, soon. I'm working on updating a few things on this project and others.

Yongkang

• View Profile
Then all is working as it should. Like I said, I haven't added those in yet. I probably will, soon. I'm working on updating a few things on this project and others.

thank you so much :) i'm a newbie, this is my first time here to looking for mod of Final Fantasy  ;D

Toastybuns

• View Profile
I'm having a problem with seifer's head texture where I can sometimes see right through the side of his head. I'm using Tonberry 2.04 and the other character models I've seen don't seem to have this problem.

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
I'm having a problem with seifer's head texture where I can sometimes see right through the side of his head. I'm using Tonberry 2.04 and the other character models I've seen don't seem to have this problem.

That's actually the game causing that. It happens without the mod as well. The only other time I've seen it is with Squall in space. It bothers me as well... Maybe eventually someone can find a way to fix it.

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Finally updated Rebirth Flame to v1.2 after a long while. Perhaps too long... But hey, my fault. Life can be...fun sometimes.

What I've done:

1. Tried my best to update low poly Fujin's textures. Though... The bad UV makes her face look...terrible.
2. Everything else (that being Kiros, Ward, Edea, Raijin, and Rinoa's party dress) have been upscaled.
3. Reupscaled and updated a few textures.
4. Added Devina's version of Quistis and added low poly versions of that as well.
5. Updated the hashmap more.
6. I've split Mago and Devina's textures into two packs. That way you can pick whichever one you like. (I've updated the front page with some pictures.)

There might be more...but I can't be bothered to remember. I'll add it later if there is.  ::)

iliasm

• View Profile
Finally updated Rebirth Flame to v1.2 after a long while. Perhaps too long... But hey, my fault. Life can be...fun sometimes.

What I've done:

1. Tried my best to update low poly Fujin's textures. Though... The bad UV makes her face look...terrible.
2. Everything else (that being Kiros, Ward, Edea, Raijin, and Rinoa's party dress) have been upscaled.
3. Reupscaled and updated a few textures.
4. Added Devina's version of Quistis and added low poly versions of that as well.
5. Updated the hashmap more.
6. I've split Mago and Devina's textures into two packs. That way you can pick whichever one you like. (I've updated the front page with some pictures.)

There might be more...but I can't be bothered to remember. I'll add it later if there is.  ::)

This is awesome! Thanks, as always.

Mirrorman95

• View Profile
    • Mirrorman95 - YouTube Channel
Super update, fellas. It's like you touched upon all the stuff I've always talked about needing fixed, but never could since Mago ghosted the forums. And the Devina eyes look so nice.

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
This is awesome! Thanks, as always.

You're welcome. :D

Super update, fellas. It's like you touched upon all the stuff I've always talked about needing fixed, but never could since Mago ghosted the forums. And the Devina eyes look so nice.

Thanks for sending the textures for me to incorporate them. Oh, definitely. With all the codes now in place, any artist can now paint any of the main characters they want and they'll work right away. Though, all that remains to be seen. From here on out, there isn't much more updating I can do on my own.

Nedus

• View Profile
First of all i want to thank all the modders/artists who made this mod.

But i don't see any eyes blinking when they should (ie Quistis and Squall during theyr animations after a victory, or when summoning a GF, etc). Did i mess up something while installing? (Although the models seems to work perfectly apart for the blinking).
Or is this meant to be like this? Are there any chances to see a "fix" on this in the future?
« Last Edit: 2016-11-08 21:11:51 by Nedus »

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
First of all i want to thank all the modders/artists who made this mod.

But i don't see any eyes blinking when they should (ie Quistis and Squall during theyr animations after a victory, or when summoning a GF, etc). Did i mess up something while installing? (Although the models seems to work perfectly apart for the blinking).
Or is this meant to be like this? Are there any chances to see a "fix" on this in the future?

They don't blink at the moment. That requires two things for it to work. One is for Tonberry to give more accurate hashes because at the moment it can't tell the difference between open and shut eyes. Two would be for the artist of the textures to create the textures with their eyes shut. At the moment some are and some aren't.

Nedus

• View Profile
I see, thank you for the fast and clear reply.

I just hope this will be possible one day or another. I think the blinking (in all sorts of FF8 animations/situations) really gives an extra % of realism to the whole experience.

Anyway, keep rocking guys.

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Small update: Fixed up Irvine's legs so they are more consistent. Added a few more hashcodes to the fray. One thing I forgot from the last update was that I changed Zell's face to the more serious look across all models for more consistency. I might reupscale a few textures later down the line, but I'll see.

On an unrelated note to this project... Some people are curious how the FF8 backgrounds would look with waifu. It is something I'm working on as well. Just a long and very, /very/ tedious project. So if you want to see, here is a video with some. I'll upload more as I continue with this and getting battle effects/magic upscaled and looking all pretty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNoeb3fzc04&t

neguer28

• View Profile
Hello ! how are you? im new here so i will try to explain my problem the best i can(excuse my bad english) i just installed RF v1.2 and i tought everything works perfect but is not... in some parts of the game the squall body and face looks bad, and in other parts it looks fine. i have been testing and changed some names in the ch folder and it seems that the problem is in the "char_sql"and "char_sqlt" folders, because i changed the name of the pictures in that folders, and the result was that in battles and in some parts of the game squall looks greats but the most of the time it looks like a squall without mods, how can i make it work all the game? thanks!

olearyf2525

• View Profile
Small update: Fixed up Irvine's legs so they are more consistent. Added a few more hashcodes to the fray. One thing I forgot from the last update was that I changed Zell's face to the more serious look across all models for more consistency. I might reupscale a few textures later down the line, but I'll see.

On an unrelated note to this project... Some people are curious how the FF8 backgrounds would look with waifu. It is something I'm working on as well. Just a long and very, /very/ tedious project. So if you want to see, here is a video with some. I'll upload more as I continue with this and getting battle effects/magic upscaled and looking all pretty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNoeb3fzc04&t

Thank you FatedCourage, it does look better with the Waifu upscale.

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Hello ! how are you? im new here so i will try to explain my problem the best i can(excuse my bad english) i just installed RF v1.2 and i tought everything works perfect but is not... in some parts of the game the squall body and face looks bad, and in other parts it looks fine. i have been testing and changed some names in the ch folder and it seems that the problem is in the "char_sql"and "char_sqlt" folders, because i changed the name of the pictures in that folders, and the result was that in battles and in some parts of the game squall looks greats but the most of the time it looks like a squall without mods, how can i make it work all the game? thanks!

Sorry for not responding faster... By bad, do you mean back to the original textures or is there overlap? Or do you mean his model changes detail? Because the second one is normal since the game does that. A screenshot would be helpful.

Thank you FatedCourage, it does look better with the Waifu upscale.

No problem. I just wanted to see what the game would look like, too. :) The only drawback is I won't be able to get smooth edges like Omzy's with my method. But I'll get a lot less glitched areas.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
No problem. I just wanted to see what the game would look like, too. :) The only drawback is I won't be able to get smooth edges like Omzy's with my method. But I'll get a lot less glitched areas.

A minor drawback, imo. I prefer having no glitches, while still getting a quality improvement :)

iDerek759

• View Profile
A minor drawback, imo. I prefer having no glitches, while still getting a quality improvement :)

I 2nd that! Rebirth Flame is seriously my favorite mod thus far. I always hated how low poly
the characters looked, but with this, it's like a breath of fresh air.

neguer28

• View Profile
Sorry for not responding faster... By bad, do you mean back to the original textures or is there overlap? Or do you mean his model changes detail? Because the second one is normal since the game does that. A screenshot would be helpful.

Thanks for your answer, so here is my problem, the first image is when squall looks low quality (you can see the low detail in his face and in his jacket) , the second one is the one i want to see all the game , both pictures where taken on the Lagunamov , but the good quality image is just in that room of the Lagunamov. is it normal ? thanks again!

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel

That's reassuring. :) I'll be sure to continue.

I 2nd that! Rebirth Flame is seriously my favorite mod thus far. I always hated how low poly
the characters looked, but with this, it's like a breath of fresh air.

Thanks. Everyone involved worked hard on this mod. :) Definitely will continue with the fields as well.

Thanks for your answer, so here is my problem, the first image is when squall looks low quality (you can see the low detail in his face and in his jacket) , the second one is the one i want to see all the game , both pictures where taken on the Lagunamov , but the good quality image is just in that room of the Lagunamov. is it normal ? thanks again!

Yup! That's all normal. That's just how the game is. The quality of textures/models change depending on the field. The other characters are affected as well. So all is good. :)

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
The reason this happens is because the UVs in the game are off.  It seems that everything is scaled too much and cuts off a pixel at the texture seams. this causes strange issues, and in the lower poly models, the issue is much more obvious.

There is a way to sloppy-fix this, but it would be much better for an overall UV patch for FF8 Steam

neguer28

• View Profile
That's reassuring. :) I'll be sure to continue.

Thanks. Everyone involved worked hard on this mod. :) Definitely will continue with the fields as well.

Yup! That's all normal. That's just how the game is. The quality of textures/models change depending on the field. The other characters are affected as well. So all is good. :)

Ok i understand! Thank you so much for your fast answer!

neguer28

• View Profile
The reason this happens is because the UVs in the game are off.  It seems that everything is scaled too much and cuts off a pixel at the texture seams. this causes strange issues, and in the lower poly models, the issue is much more obvious.

There is a way to sloppy-fix this, but it would be much better for an overall UV patch for FF8 Steam

Oh! I get it :/ ! Thank for your answer!  where can I find this patch?