Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam] Rebirth Flame v1.3 - Character Texture Replacement  (Read 317214 times)

FatedCourage

• I'll never regret knowing you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Thank you so much for the upscaled models! thats exactly what I was looking for!

You're welcome. :) Some people like to still have that "vanilla" feel. So this update was for them.

greator

• View Profile
Look at all 3 Quistis in each mod, they are like different persons!
I hope someone can mix the upscaled faces and edited body textures together. This can make the character looks more original instead of completely different "actors".

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Look at all 3 Quistis in each mod, they are like different persons!
I hope someone can mix the upscaled faces and edited body textures together. This can make the character looks more original instead of completely different "actors".

I was thinking this same thing.  I might give my own artistic skills a go at this one and update all of the faces and 'redraw' them based 100% on the original textures.. more like a re-creation than an upscale, but with the 'feel' of an upscale.

SuperWolf

• View Profile
Edit: The author of this mod released a fix for this. You can dl it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PL7Zl83hvcfbhQVI6OOZjnJA63upCWHQ/view

----------------------------------------

I found a bug. During the opening intro, there is a texture that appears off to the side. Here's a screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/82vdx5tejjd0yac/FF8-bug.bmp

How can I fix this?
« Last Edit: 2018-03-04 18:22:00 by SuperWolf »

Fendera

• Your friendly neighbor :D
    • View Profile
I would love to see the original faces but with the updated textures for the clothes, I really like the original face look like you did with the "upscaled" version, but the clothes are not detailed like in the other versions. Any chance you could do that?

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
I would love to see the original faces but with the updated textures for the clothes, I really like the original face look like you did with the "upscaled" version, but the clothes are not detailed like in the other versions. Any chance you could do that?

I could always give it a shot. My only fear is it not looking natural or it might clash. But who knows? Have to fix Selphie in the upscales anyway... So I'll look while doing that.

Fendera

• Your friendly neighbor :D
    • View Profile
I could always give it a shot. My only fear is it not looking natural or it might clash. But who knows? Have to fix Selphie in the upscales anyway... So I'll look while doing that.

That's nice to hear! Looking forward to it, thanks!

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
That's nice to hear! Looking forward to it, thanks!

I can definitely help out with this.  I have several texturing programs, and if I could get my hands on a good obj of the characters, then I could easily retexture them... however - the obj's available out there all have UV's that are offset. (outside of the normal UVW range) - and if the UVs are off, then my texturing process is borderline useless.  That being said, I can always help whip up a 'mix'

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
I can definitely help out with this.  I have several texturing programs, and if I could get my hands on a good obj of the characters, then I could easily retexture them... however - the obj's available out there all have UV's that are offset. (outside of the normal UVW range) - and if the UVs are off, then my texturing process is borderline useless.  That being said, I can always help whip up a 'mix'

That would be greatly appreciated. :)

CYRU5

• View Profile
Will be looking forward for that release too

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
FYI - just tossed an 'uncensored' version of Gerogero to FatedCourage!  I hope it makes it out for the next release of Rebirth Flame!  I can always drop it here if that's more convenient.

I looked at references and tried my own hand at the recolorization, using the GeroGero in the latest mod, seeing as how I can't seem to find the japanese textures for him. lol.

Also, got Noesis up and working, with all game folders unpacked, etc. - and I'm going to start reskinning the models immediately.

TW_Bear

• View Profile
Good day to everyone. I just noticed, but can someone fix Rinoa's textures? Dunno if this was told before, but for some reason her eyes are blue in this mod, while her true eye color is hazel (dark brown). Can someone fix this? Wish i could do this myself, but i can't work with PS and stuff. Thanks in advance.

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
got asked by a few people why/how my people had diff weapons...
https://mega.nz/#!t64BGKrA!7fzBMDvkwFDmYxjfTzx8aPCF46Xoa8Eie6RIFgDKChk
purple Shooting Star for eg... .png files supplied for any that want them...

principealex1

• View Profile
Good day to everyone. I just noticed, but can someone fix Rinoa's textures? Dunno if this was told before, but for some reason her eyes are blue in this mod, while her true eye color is hazel (dark brown). Can someone fix this? Wish i could do this myself, but i can't work with PS and stuff. Thanks in advance.

I agree, i think it's the only thing that i don't like of this mod, hope someone can change/fix the color of Rinoa's eyes.  :)

principealex1

• View Profile
Here is Rinoas brown eyes fix

https://www.dropbox.com/s/68fqvyud4gpluqn/char_rihead_13.png?dl=0

They look really good, thank you!, but...i'm not a modder but i think the same thing should be done to other files, like "char_ril", "char_riphinwheel", char_ririsingsun" ecc..., not sure thought :-\
« Last Edit: 2018-07-27 21:44:52 by principealex1 »

Yagami Light

• View Profile
Yes I know there are other ones, I'll fix them up and post a link to the folder

principealex1

• View Profile
Yes I know there are other ones, I'll fix them up and post a link to the folder

Looking forward for that link!, thank you :3!

Yagami Light

• View Profile
Heres link to the folder for the fix, let me know if there's any missing

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rde0fj7ora4knab/AAACNfY9XPCCK-Mzn7JazuAba?dl=0

principealex1

• View Profile
Nothing left for what i can see!, only "ridress", but that's because the mod itself it's incomplete i guess :)

Yagami Light

• View Profile
Updated Rinoas model a bit, made her more pale, her blue outfits lighter and a new texture for shooting star

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yyg94t8tcnzk1e7/char_rishootingstar_13test.png?dl=0
« Last Edit: 2018-07-28 22:40:08 by Yagami Light »

principealex1

• View Profile
Updated Rinoas model a bit, made her more pale, her blue outfits lighter and a new texture for shooting star
I like your improvements!  :D, when you have time can you share all the files with this updated texture like yesterday?

Yagami Light

• View Profile
I like your improvements!  :D, when you have time can you share all the files with this updated texture like yesterday?

Yes I will post them tomorrow, just been messing with one set of textures for now until its perfect, otherwise I have to keep redoing them each time

principealex1

• View Profile
Yes I will post them tomorrow, just been messing with one set of textures for now until its perfect, otherwise I have to keep redoing them each time
Okay!, i really like the new skin color (more pale  ;D), and the lighter blue outfit, about the shooting star the one of the mod was too dark, but yours it's completly white, any chance to make it look more like the original one?