Author Topic: [FF7PC] ChaOS -Character Overhaul Seven  (Read 496811 times)

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
Re: Improved and added unshaded characters
« Reply #125 on: 2013-06-03 23:19:02 »
Creepiest picture I've ever seen.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2013-06-03 23:32:53 »
Don't "feminize" Cloud anymore... pleasssseeeeee!!! :D

:-P
(Look at Squall: 'Whatever'...)

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #127 on: 2013-06-04 00:29:13 »
Classic!

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2013-06-06 13:33:12 »
Is there a chocobo racing cloud model for the minigame? Also, I've put together a collection that includes everything from the Unshaded collection BUT the battle models, which I'm here using APZ cloud and Timu/Millenia Barret (that I've modified per Whiteraven's instructions to work with ranged weapons, seems to work OK). If anyone's interested I can put it up for download. Have some more testing to do to make sure all the models installed work in all the situations... 

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2013-06-06 13:48:50 »
 ;D
I solved two problems I had and this in one step. First thing is that I managed it to merge the eye's with the head without loosing transparency or messing up the whole head. However the textures of the first part of the head are forced to blink and in most cases it looks pretty odd  - I fixed this. Well it's only Cloud at the moment, who is blinking correctly (I have also updated the closed eye textures in the flevel.lgp), but it's good to now that it's fixable.

For the one who are interested how to do it:
At first you need to know that in ff7 a head has 3 textures applied - left eye (ID0), right eye (ID1) and mouth (ID2).
Many of the PRP models (actually every redone model) uses only one or two textures. That's why they blink incorrectly and because of this it's often disabled by adding a second non blinkable head part. So first thing you need to do, is to separating the both eyes and the mouth.
Then you need to open the new 3 files with Bitrun and convert them into 3ds files. The text file need to be converted to a bmp file.
If this is done you will need p-Creator. Open the left eye first, then add the right and at last the mouth. As next import the bmp file to every single part.
Do not wonder if it's looking weird. If all 3 parts have a texture use view and chose UV coords - check flip Y. The texture should now apply correctly. Save it.
Now open Kimera and add the new part to the textureless head, save and combine single parts. Open the model again and add the textures. Done.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2013-06-06 14:00:37 »
Is there a chocobo racing cloud model for the minigame? Also, I've put together a collection that includes everything from the Unshaded collection BUT the battle models, which I'm here using APZ cloud and Timu/Millenia Barret (that I've modified per Whiteraven's instructions to work with ranged weapons, seems to work OK). If anyone's interested I can put it up for download. Have some more testing to do to make sure all the models installed work in all the situations... 

I have forgotten to make models for the Chocobo racing ...  :oops:
For the battle model of Barret, the files with ...da (like sbda) are the animation files.
Use the one from my battle model if Barret goes crazy. :P

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2013-06-06 14:35:08 »
Haha, I'm just gonna go ahead and add those in right now because it sounds like you know something about what may happen down the road lol. I'll make sure they work together anyway.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2013-06-07 04:00:05 »
No work this weekend.

I'm on a family celebration.  8)

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2013-06-07 17:57:09 »
You deserve it  ;)

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2013-06-10 19:52:09 »
Cloud-Sephiroth.7z

Here is the update and transparency fix to Cloud and Sephiroth. Cloud should blink correctly. I guess it's better you use the direct mode for the content of the 'flevel' folder. Sephiroth is changed and should look better.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2013-06-11 00:07:41 »
Now after all this time I can finally venture past the Ancient Temple.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2013-06-13 16:14:36 »
Congrats on fixing this issue that's been here since the days of PRP.  Finally someone fixes it!

8)

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2013-06-22 23:47:39 »
Just a quick question, Are the download links in the first post current? Or do i need to hunt through the thread for them?

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2013-06-23 00:02:08 »
Hunting helps to keep up your attention. :P

I try to clean up my first post in the next week and providing the links of the latest models there.

Template

• View Profile
Re: Unshaded characters
« Reply #139 on: 2013-06-26 10:51:06 »
We all know that Aerith looks pretty odd after Sephiroth has took her life.
I will show you how to fix that and how to integrate the new model.

This is the next frontier.  I want to put guns in everyone's hands... And most of all, a newspaper in Sephiroth's for the Kalm flashback. How many more issues are solvable like this? 

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2013-06-26 11:37:32 »
If you could ignore the language, you should try the flevel.lgp of my German reworked mode. The first thing you may notice are the proper size of the models compared to the backgrounds. However the real interesting part are the Niebelheim flashbacks, because they have a unique young Cloud field model.
If Makou Reaktor gets finally the mass export/import function I could patch the English flevel.lgp.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2013-06-26 22:08:41 »
oh... I hope that will happen. but maybe after reunion is done we can work on the guns? im assuming the newspaper was done in your reworked German flevel?

« Last Edit: 2013-06-27 08:01:43 by Template »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2013-06-27 11:55:01 »
After reunion is done we will work on the guns.

I currently working on restoring the blinking eyes of the main character. Aerith seems to be a problem because she does not have a own closed eyes texture (like Sephiroth).
However Cid looks awesome now in field and in battle.
« Last Edit: 2013-06-27 14:41:24 by Kaldarasha »

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2013-06-27 14:19:12 »
Sweet! Been trying to put together a model from the Unshaded Aerith that works with the Aeris Revival.
Think I got this worked out, Pit Brat made it easy by posting the code for two of his repaired versions of this file: aeri.hrc. As I understand it, it just has an extra bone. No idea why it is needed but the default file that came with the Revival Mod looked all cut up and weird without these changes.

Another tiny issue I want to look at is why most of the field model materias we run into in the game don't have a working animation... but at least Cover outside Aerith's house does. I would like to animate them all in this fashion. Any thoughts about that Kaldy? I can't even find where that particular working materia field animation from that scene is coming from.

Edit: Well I have located the proper field animation files using Makou Reactor... but I have no idea how to edit them. I tried opening one of the .a files with the load field animation button when its materia model was open but it gave me an error saying the animation had an improper number of bones... its a sphere... it has 1 bone if any... confoosed.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-04 08:57:37 by Template »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2013-06-29 09:44:21 »
I'm a bit busy with babysitting my little boy  :-D
But could you please PM me and send me the Aerith model?
Which materia mod are you using? PRP or the one from Team Avalanche? I have changed the animation in my flevel.lgp but to fix it, but I guess I disabled it (not sure.) Afternoon I'm at home and then I could check it out.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2013-06-29 22:58:55 »
Well I decided to make a separate post for the Revival Model. I actually don't even know if it works or not yet. It should, but I thought about using your dead Aerith model instead, couldn't decide. The green bead in her hair looks so nice at high res, I figured she can be revived and just have a green bead and it doesn't have to be materia right?  :-P

About the materias: messing about with Makuo Reactor I found the scripts for the materia SHINE effects and was able to recreate them properly where they were missing... but they don't look that amazing. It's something I guess. Anyway Myst's program is unbelievably cool.

I'm super active atm because I don't have my wife and 2 year old boy here for the weekend. I was telling LostWing, it's like a trip to Narnia when they leave me the house to myself. :-D

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2013-07-02 15:52:45 »
Some new stuff from Kaldarasha's Unshaded Models Collection!

Newest Version Here

Includes NEW additional models:

Cloud.02 Field Model                                                                                                                                                         Cloud Battle Model

Nice Cid Model with Stubble!                                                                                                                                           New Cid Battle Model                                                                                           

New Cait Sith Field Model with marshmallow claws and tiny, adorable whiskers... d'awww. The 7zip above contains all of the previous Unshaded Models, including
the Aeris Revival Patch models with and without her materia hairpin.

The package also includes the animations for the field models that have been adjusted, please chime in if you see any *big* issues here, as it would possibly
reflect an error on my part putting everything together.

The Flevel is marked DIRECT because it is best to simply place the two files from that folder into your game's direct/flevel directory AND enable direct mode in either
ff7_opengl.cfg or in Bootloader.

All credit to Kaldarasha

Edit: A new version of the collection is going to be released after Kaldarasha has completed all of the playable characters, iirc. Also, uploaded new version with additional directories containing both the Original and adjusted Cloud battle stance I'm playing around with. The version of the animation in the battle folder is adjusted for the purpose of hiding an awkward angle Cloud sometimes is shown from in combat, this is noticeable in the first encounter in the game, with the Shinra guards and throughout the entire game with varying degrees of severity. Though it seems like a minor adjustment and should be simple enough, it's quite difficult to fix smoothly. Khimera is not the problem at all and I love the program. It's just hard doing animations. I'm still working on it, please feel free to offer suggestions.

I've actually stood with a prop in the mirror to try to get the position more clearly in my head, which was pretty funny when my wife walked in and saw what I was up to.  :roll:
« Last Edit: 2013-07-24 13:19:15 by Template »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #147 on: 2013-07-04 13:47:42 »
I LOVE these models. Are there any plans for a Vincent and Yuffie battle model? I was surprised (but happy!) to see Cait Sith done before them  :)

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2013-07-04 19:10:39 »
I was surprised (but happy!) to see Cait Sith done before them

Me too. ;D
Currently is Yuffie under rework and Vincent right after her.

Saturman

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2013-07-05 14:29:27 »
Sorry all but... this mods is for FF7 steam version? ::)