Author Topic: Re-release Final Fantasy VII for the PC...  (Read 6043 times)

xeriouxi

• View Profile
Re-release Final Fantasy VII for the PC...
« on: 2004-03-03 11:24:30 »
Hi!

I'm pretty sure that a lot of people are sick to death of trying to constantly tweak a poorly developed game from Eidos Interactive and that no effort was made for the game at all! That's why this petition is going to be put on the net:

Hi!

This is a petition for all of you Final Fantasy VII fans! As you are probably aware, Final Fantasy VII was released on the PC soon after the release on the PlayStation. However... the PC port of one of the greatest games ever made was not what the game deserved. The music was ported to a MIDI format, losing the original great music. The FMV scenes were also a big letdown, using a codec that was very poor in quality both visually and with the sound quality, too.

7 years down the line, Final Fantasy VII is still one of the greatest games ever made... and the FF community needs your help! What this petition would hopefully get would be a re-release of Final Fantasy VII for the PC... with the quality of the PlayStation version! It would be the 100% original version of the game (with the obvious DirectX improvements etc.) but with the movies at the same quality as the PSX and the original music from the PSX version also. I'm sure that it wouldn't take Square long to do this (or it's publisher) as the game is already made! Please sign this petition and hopefully Square-Enix (formally Squaresoft) will realise that their game needs to be ported to the PC with the standard that Final Fantasy VII deserves! A review of what would make the game what it should be is:

* High-quality FMV scenes
* The original music from the PSX version
* Proper integration of the rendered characters into the FMV scenes
* Non-pixelated backgrounds

...and any other things to get this game as close as possible in quality to the PSX version (except for the better graphics from hardware acceleration). Hopefully Square-Enix will respond to it's millions of fans of Final Fantasy VII and make this fantasy a reality!

I'm going to post this petition up on petitiononline.com and hopefully we might get somewhere. I know a lot of you will have huge doubts... but I'm gonna try anyway!  :D

xeriouxi.

Synergy Blades

« Reply #1 on: 2004-03-03 11:27:54 »
There's already one on petitiononline, do a search for it.  :wink: It's got quite a few signatures if I remember correctly but something tells me it's not going to get Square Enix's attention.  :)

J*** H*******

« Reply #2 on: 2004-03-03 13:46:43 »
Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #3 on: 2004-03-03 16:37:09 »
Ah yes, meet Jari, Destroyer of Dreams, Devourer of Hope. Where He walks, children's futures are shattered.  :wink:

J*** H*******

« Reply #4 on: 2004-03-03 18:41:14 »
Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #5 on: 2004-03-03 18:48:34 »
Quote from: Jari Huttunen
Permission to print and frame? :P

Granted, as long as I get 10% on all future sales. ;)

DeadLajik

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2004-03-03 22:35:29 »
I agree with Jari here..

But also I have a few problems with that petition.. If you want a game with the same quality music as the PSX version, and a game with the same quality FMV's of the PSX version.. why not then.. get the PSX version?

I don't know how much a PSX costs today.. I'm guessing around $49.95 or something but I do know that the PSX version of Final Fantasy 7 (and 8 and 9) are $14.95 since I just got Final Fantasy 7 "Greatest Hits" at a store named Best Buy in the US.  FF8 and 9 have also been rereleased as greatest hits as well as Final Fantasy Chronicles (contains Final Fantasy 4, and Chrono Trigger).

That petition should probably go to Square anyway.. I doubt Eidos even has the permission to reproduce and resell the game. The cost of relicensing content would probably cost Eidos more then the revenue generated by the final product.

savage-xp

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2004-03-03 23:22:21 »
Hummmm

We not need a new release, but a patch to upgrade options to suport new cards and 800x600x32 dpi reso.

Blame all Eidos because of bad suport she gaves all this years.

xeriouxi

• View Profile
Done...
« Reply #8 on: 2004-03-04 08:29:33 »
Hi!

Well after a lot of thought I decided to... post it up! This is possible going to be one of the last chances to try and get a release... so I took that and now all I ask is that you go and sign it at:

http://www.petitiononline.com/ff7pc/petition.html.

Thanks! Wish me luck!  :wink:

xeriouxi.

Jedimark

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2004-03-04 09:01:01 »
There you go... I've signed it... to what point I don't know because I personally don't think you're gunna get anywhere with it... but... who knows.

*EDIT* > Spelling / grammer fixed... oh jeesh I was drunk at 10am :s

Kendrilian

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/thenexusforce
« Reply #10 on: 2004-03-04 14:30:09 »
I too signed the petition.  I kinda agree with Jari on whether or not this will work, but I will do my best to push it forward anyways.

Hey Jari, I know these aren't seven year old games, but Final Fantasy VI, Final Fantasy V, Final Fantasy I, Final Fantasy II, Final Fantasy IV, Chrono Trigger.

Kendrilian :wicked:

J*** H*******

« Reply #11 on: 2004-03-04 15:43:05 »
DeadLajik

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2004-03-04 15:44:05 »
Even though my comments above may have been a little negative.. I wish you good luck in your effort xeriouxi.

Sephiroth2000

« Reply #13 on: 2004-03-04 22:09:15 »
I salute you good soldier  :wink:  Our hopes and dreams for a better FF7(FF7-2 anyone?) lie with you. But apart from that, Square should take note, maybe i'll use my world-famous SPAMMING ATTACKtm to eml them and fill their inboxes until they comply... :wicked:

J*** H*******

« Reply #14 on: 2004-03-04 22:32:20 »
Sephiroth2000

« Reply #15 on: 2004-03-04 23:04:31 »
Blackmail is all I will say.

Kendrilian

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/thenexusforce
« Reply #16 on: 2004-03-05 13:37:18 »
Sephiroth you're crazy.

PC games... I think...  Yes, Command and Conquer I.  There was the origional release then like three or four years later the Gold Edition came out.  Aliens Versus Preditors was the same way.

Kendrilian :wicked: