Author Topic: Help please! 7th Heaven just closes game window at start.  (Read 2755 times)

Velkan

• View Profile
Hi guys,

And thanks in advance for all the hard work!

I'm new on this forum. I registered exclusively for this problem because after trying everything and looking for a possible solution online, couldn't fix it  :-(

I have legit english FF7 Steam version installed correctly and it works well on its own. And also I have 7th Heaven installed and it lauchs without any problem.

The issue appears when i click play on 7th Heaven (tried with and without mods and the same thing happens). Everything is fine until the game windows opens and after 5 seconds it closes. No error message appears. It just closes and that's all. I have tried reinstalling the game, reinstalling 7th Heaven and also using the old game converter but nothing. The same thing keeps happening.

Last year i was able to use the old version of 7th Haven (another pc) without problems.

I apologize if I'm making some basic mistake and didn't realize it, i'm a noob on the moding thing.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

If necessary i can post the applog.

Thankyou very much!

Update - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I just got the old 7th Heaven 1.52 to work (which I already had with mods).  It actually worked easily, I only had to use the FF7 converter once and voila.  I tried to understand by analogy why 7th Heaven 2.2.3 522 doesn't work for me but I couldn't get it to work.  I don't know why the old works and the new doesn't ... It's frustrating, I really wanted to experience the new 7th Heaven. :-(
« Last Edit: 2020-09-04 20:11:03 by Velkan »

Velkan

• View Profile
Re: Help please! 7th Heaven just closes game window at start.
« Reply #1 on: 2020-09-11 02:08:15 »
Update ----------

Before someone answers, i wanted to say that i managed to solve it but only works 7th Heaven 2.0 for me and no v. 2.2.3

Don't really know why but v. 2.0 is okey.

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2020-09-11 12:30:44 »
If necessary i can post the applog.

Update - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I just got the old 7th Heaven 1.52 to work (which I already had with mods).  It actually worked easily, I only had to use the FF7 converter once and voila.  I tried to understand by analogy why 7th Heaven 2.2.3 522 doesn't work for me but I couldn't get it to work.  I don't know why the old works and the new doesn't ... It's frustrating, I really wanted to experience the new 7th Heaven. :-(
Post your log, we're shooting in the dark without it.  It sounds like an EasyHook problem, though, so in 7H 2.2's configuration, enable the slider that says 'Code 5 Fix'

mikejamesbusta

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2020-11-16 15:05:00 »
yea, do you remember what you did exactly to get 2.0 working then?

mikejamesbusta

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2020-11-16 15:38:48 »
i just got mine WORKING by making sure that this was installed: 

1.) Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2....... my computer said that it WAS installed, HOWEVER, after downloading it and checking my updates in the settings there was a prompt to install it and restart. strange, but whatever.

2.) re-installed 7H 2.0
3.) Game launcher > high-DPI scaling fix [ON] > Renderer ....choose Custom 7H Game Driver
4.) MIDI device....choose General MIDI
5.) changed my display setting to 100%

couldnt get 2.2 to work, but at least 2.0 is going now