Author Topic: Hunting for "Story" people  (Read 34055 times)

Sephiroth2000

Hunting for "Story" people
« Reply #50 on: 2003-09-23 21:54:30 »
I could write a story--->But i'd need more time. :z

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2003-09-23 23:14:09 »
I'll do the best story ever. Its a fact.

If you want to argue against my fact:

*Morpheous Voice*: "What is fact?"

Rubicant_II

« Reply #52 on: 2003-09-24 03:34:35 »
I gave TheSaint a sample of my work...and I don't think he's managed to buy the time to get around to reading it. Hell, it is a 12 page story about martha stewart being a hitler reincarnate trying to take over the world....probably not exactly everyone's cup of tea. Figuratively speaking, that is.

Only problem is that if I ended up writing for the remake the whole thing would end up being a comedy act. Unless I shape up  :lol:

macksting

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2003-12-24 10:19:50 »
I know we can't take a lot of what Sephiroth said for gospel (the game's Sephy, not our moderator), but I've always been intrigued with his statements about the Cetra being an "itinerant race," of the species moving from planet to planet. For clarity, a dictionary definition (American Heritage):

i·tin·er·ant  adj. 1. Traveling from place to place, especially to perform work or a duty: an itinerant judge; itinerant labor. --i·tin·er·ant n. One who travels from place to place. [Late Latin itiner³ns, itinerant-, present participle of itiner³rº, to travel, from Latin iter, itiner-, journey. See ei- below.]

If your story will be including the hunt for the last surviving Ancients, presumably including the role of the Turks and Professor Gast (who would have probably been in charge of the project during pretty much the period you described), then this is wide open for you to develop. I don't think even the original writers did more than vaguely speculate on this matter, and if it's up your alley, I'd like to see somebody's thoughts on it. Sadly, my thoughts are quite muddled...
But you know, I do get the impression that the Cetra used materia, even if not much nor often. The Black Materia was actually sealed away by them, but I don't think it was Jenova's... I think it was their own, a last-ditch defense. The Cetra weren't dumb, and in fact defeated Jenova and sealed her away as well, as I recall, so there's a lot of force and power there, as well as symbiosis.

However, I remember hearing Bugenhagen say that the lead characters shouldn't use materia at all, because using them hastened the death of the planet. They'd use it sparingly, I suppose. Goodness knows they had powers of their own, else the materia in the game wouldn't have done anything.

Oh, yes. I'm, uh, not a "story" person, much as I'd like to be. I'm a concept person who waits desperately and forever for stories to come along, and then fails to do anything with them when blessed inspiration finally strikes.

Sephiroth2000

« Reply #54 on: 2003-12-24 16:39:21 »
Quote from: macksting
I know we can't take a lot of what Sephiroth said for gospel (the game's Sephy, not our moderator)

You can't be talking about me, right?

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #55 on: 2003-12-24 16:54:05 »
Easiest way for you to find out would be to look at the moderator lists.

Jedimark

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2003-12-24 17:56:15 »
Seems a long time ago since Seph3D last posted.

macksting

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2003-12-25 05:09:24 »
*chuckles* I was saying something vaguely insulting about Sephiroth, so I thought I'd put a disclaimer saying that I meant no offense to you, dude. :)

But yeah, uh... Cetra.

macksting

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2003-12-25 11:56:22 »
Oh my. I just realized that Bugenhagen would probably have been a technician for Shinra at the time you're writing in. If you need proof, ask around in the airship about the time Bugenhagen is riding with you to the Temple of the Ancients. I think it's the guy working between the Operations room and the chocobo pen. You know, the guy who offers to chew the fat? I'm pretty sure it's him; barring that, it may be somebody in Cosmo Canyon itself who mentions it.

Anyway, point being that Bugenhagen used to work for Shinra, probably back when they were still weapons manufacturers as opposed to a domineering power and fuel concern. Considering the fact that he started Avalanche, according to Barret anyway, this could be vastly more important a plot point than anything about the itinerant nature of the Cetra... That's a side matter, this could be pivotal to the story.

macksting

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2003-12-28 01:35:36 »
I can never tell whether I simply persue a topic more than anybody else wants to, or if I've genuinely killed it.

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2003-12-28 16:23:23 »
lol
interesting point you made there about bugenhagen, something i think was easily overlooked  :roll:

macksting

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2003-12-29 05:39:13 »
It's really rather amazing how much back story there is in that game.

The Skillster

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2003-12-29 09:42:44 »
thats what allows for a complete game to be made from the fragements of events that take place before FF7

macksting

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2003-12-29 10:56:27 »
Aye... Still, it says impressively much for the writers, that they considered it enough of a work of art and inspiration to actually *write* it.

macksting

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2004-01-12 20:31:40 »
Wow! The topic died!
And it's a sticky!

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
« Reply #65 on: 2004-01-12 21:38:36 »
Actually i think the project died.. Or it is atleast on major hold or some such.. People got busy i suppose..

macksting

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2004-01-13 00:33:58 »
Brought up a couple of points, but I'm just not as much a story person. Ideas, perhaps, and stories from those occasionally, but I don't think they're looking for co-authors, I think they're looking for writers.

The Skillster

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2004-01-13 08:37:26 »
Well im allways on the look out for people to help me write the story line and script for the remake.
since no other members of the project have time anymore.
If your interested please email me on
[email protected]
thanks
you should be able to work on a specific event in the history of ff7 (which i will designate for you) and research into it, then write up a brief story on it. then on approval we will move to make a detailed story, then followed closley by the script.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2004-01-19 09:18:30 »
Oohh...

Be on the lookout for an E-mail from [email protected] , because this is the kind of thing i definatly would like to help with!

I've already done a rather in depth summary into the entirity of the ff7 timeline (http://www.icybrian.com/fanficresource/ff7steeleinfo.php) SO i can help out in whatever areas you need me to =)

PumpkinPieman

• View Profile
    • http://PumpkinPieman.blogspot.com
« Reply #69 on: 2004-05-16 15:35:33 »
I don't see the poing making a story biased on FFVII. Was the game not good enough?

Rubicant?

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2004-05-27 06:05:12 »
This translation of Iceydamo's for people that want an easier and more understandable text.  Hope this help clears up any confusion!

The clouds travel to Midgar, after they formed the promise to Tifa, which the night in Tifa house and the cloud wohlen were, as soon as remained after the well, which thinks on, like it it will in the weld and of, how like its Sephiroth hero will become, later reaches after one hour of Dullding on this thoughts has, which it received from the well and which it went accommodating in order to the bed to leave, because in the morning he regulates blunt to Midgar, in order to try assembling the weld when it reached to its place of assembly and fell to the right down on its bed layed and, in order to sleep. It was sleepy that the night, which it and Sephiroth near everyone the abundance was stopped, which fought an enormous Dragon, because it was now first category of the weld, which stung the meat outside of the Dragon, when he reached rudely, by its nut/mother, that rose mentioned hour to it for roofridge exterior thus to it received dress and was under the stairs and which set table, in order its bakon to have and the eggs said its momia to it that it really went lacking it but, not to worry itself around me because I am fine, it said to its momia wakes up, which it to lack here would worry itself and it tried not over it. Then, after roofridge, which said it to above register for the attic because there were something her, it to give would like, before it and it were, said must it much help, if you liked to assemble the weld, therefore mentioned authorization of the cloud goes I reaching them therefore he formed its more maner it never is in attic been, because its momia said that they did not permit after there to it, thus it always courouis been is, of which it for above mentioned there was, when it to door in attic it enterd opened, which opened appeared fourth, until he found glansed, which it seemed a box in the center of the quarter, went thus it another to it and always opened the box, to seem over internal and it a blade, which removed it from their for its scaperd, that, seins to short-circuit of a blade a standard seem absolute should he again within scaperd sat down and after under the stairs was, which were formed very an impression of the blade. He asked over over its momia of, which he reached her it and much it the answer it gave it to an electrical impact that she gave around return to the volatile view in him with the eyes of the camp of rasgón and him to him was said, whom its father said I, to use to it, when you, were rather old it I to give not desires darlelo, until you said that you would like to assemble the weld, which was the last mark, I always saw that its father a letter had 2 weeks of more Saying killed there it in a battle near the Chorale of the north on one of the Reactors advanced, thus porqué never left him to I for mentioned above in attic until this moment. To this point it exploded outside of gritador the enterprise of the cloud increases to its nut/mother and it covered and this thanks, in order to say this to me that I in such a way use this blade in pride for far and in you ma I let it be in the weld and become like my Sephiroth hero and these words the fact that they took huggin its nut/mother stoped and good-bye to nut/mother and those were its things and their new blade and those toward to the door and its momia did not say loud, after he sees I him good-bye and the good luck hopethly soon and the door opened it and went outside toward too straight toward for the exit of the city hopethly stoped the Tifa good by any person espersuly, because he hates byes. It went from the doors from Niblehem, which it went up to the close 2 minutes, which later all around backget were given and then Niblehem means watched out good-bye and outside of the Anthere after it it return around gave in the cover of its lungs and it forwards work and its speed began ayunada toward to the river and then to the Chorale of the north, because it white that the way leads to the flight path of the mountain to the coast of the sun and the main boat to the mass, in which it Midgar is.

Continuous hope from I. To be that you taste of it is my first time has tries a history or a letter to write however I to hope that you pleasures to have. It might help and I has absolutely many of free time.

I hope that is easier to understand!

J*** H*******

« Reply #71 on: 2004-05-27 07:25:41 »
Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
« Reply #72 on: 2004-05-28 06:33:57 »
You could have also done this back about a year ago... ok what 11 months ago.. when people were actually interested in the remake project, and were avidly hunting for story people..

I doubt Iceydamo even comes here any more..

Darkdevil

• View Profile
    • Http://darkdevil177.5u.com
« Reply #73 on: 2004-05-28 15:59:45 »
Im still interested....Only problem is i cant do shit with an editor >_<

liquidsub

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2004-06-01 20:33:18 »
Ya know.. you never know shit about Cloud's parents. All you know is that Cloud is the new kid when he moves to Tifa's town.
Try to think of a story about his dad. You never see his dad ever.

No one make a story about the Turks cause thats what the FF7 Before Crises game will be about.

I know pretty much everything about FF7, I bet I could come up with something good.