Author Topic: More Final Fantasy VII?  (Read 25061 times)

qwerty

• View Profile
More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #25 on: 2004-07-24 19:25:35 »
If square, enix, and sega are all one company, it could also be:

SSE (square, sega, enix) also know as Super Shitty Enterprises.

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #26 on: 2004-07-24 19:51:22 »
Segas not THAT bad, or rather used to be, and Enix isnt really that much of a big player in the industry before the merger, except for the Dragon Quest series, and Square is still churning out decent stuff, like FFXI. Its pretty popular, though it takes quite a while to level, especially when you unlock a new job and have to level that one up...at around level 30, I was getting like 2 levels for every 5 hours. So to say the least, my options are currently considering a new MMORPG...maybe the Matrix Online, even though I really dont care for the Matrix...my girlfriend is a big fan, and doesnt wanna come to FFXI with me, and wants to go on the Matrix Online, even though she's a big FF fan...She's also a fan of FF8, so I have MUCH experience in the whole 7 vs. 8 thing...-_-

Who knows, 5 or 10 years, all the japanese companys may just join up together, god knows the market over there isnt in its best state...

Squeenixegammycomamisnk...

Square Enix Sega Sammy Capcon Konami and SNK...did I miss any?  :P

CloudSquall

• View Profile
More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #27 on: 2004-07-24 20:43:43 »
i actully never heard of Enix, up untill the merge i knew them. So i heard they are good at dragen quest, but never heard of the game too lol

qwerty

• View Profile
More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #28 on: 2004-07-24 23:33:06 »
Well, for those that don't know, Dragon Quest is also known as Dragon Warrior.

I never said anything about any of the companies being bad. I just thought the merger would churn out fugly games.

I wish Squeenix would release some more good things over here. They usually just give us the left-overs of what really hit big over there in Japan. The PocketStation was a huge rarity over here in the U.S. while it was everywhere in Japan. Why did they even bother to translate that part of FF8 if the game if the PocketStation wasn't even to be released?? Another thing is the PHS. I know it has almost nothing to do with FF but it would still be cool if you could pretend to be Cloud with these precursors to the cell phone...

Japan usually has some good things to be bought but very rarely does it ever get released over here.

BTW, if any Europeans want the stuff that is actually sold in the U.S., it's called ebay. :lol:  :wink: The only reason we bloody Americans don't import from Japan is because of the obvious language gap...

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #29 on: 2004-07-24 23:37:02 »
Maybe when they were adding it into the U.S. release, they had planned to, but then the plug was yanked and it wasnt released, but it was too late to take it out?

qwerty

• View Profile
More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #30 on: 2004-07-24 23:47:56 »
They could have still fixed it in the next batch of games...

Kislinskiy

More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #31 on: 2004-07-25 04:05:58 »
Quote from: CloudSquall
i actully never heard of Enix, up untill the merge i knew them. So i heard they are good at dragen quest, but never heard of the game too lol

Never heard of "Illsuion Of Time" AKA "Illusion Of Gaia" (SNES)?

qwerty

• View Profile
More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #32 on: 2004-07-25 20:43:58 »
How can you not know of Enix?!? Do you even play any other RPGs besides Final Fantasy?

OniFLOP

More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #33 on: 2004-07-25 20:49:16 »
From Enix side we have Star Ocean...

That series is AWESOME!!

liquidsub

• View Profile
More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #34 on: 2004-07-27 00:19:25 »
Know what I want the most? Simply a prequel-middle-sequel game.
The prequel part will explain everything but I'd like to combine the entier Before Crises game in it so we get the whole Shinra/Turks background. Mix it with Cloud as a member in Shinra and Soldier, etc.
Then we get the whole regular FF7 game.
Then a sequel. Maybe not a sequel, maybe just a much longer ending sequence that will explain enough for you to say "oh, everything is solved, every question is answered, I'm happy now". And I want all this for the PS3 instead of an FF13 since they don't seem to know how to make FF games anymore. I think they stopped making good FF games since 9. Absolutely nothing good was made since 9. Everyone loved FFX though, but every other sucked.

CloudSquall

• View Profile
More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #35 on: 2004-07-27 01:34:33 »
Quote from: Kislinskiy
Never heard of "Illsuion Of Time" AKA "Illusion Of Gaia" (SNES)?

Not really as the first time i  ever played snes was emulator, and it wasnt even me playing lol my little sister as she loves playing mario games

Quote from: qwerty
How can you not know of Enix?!?
Hmm... lets see. nope i didnt know enix and like i said never heard of it

Quote from: qwerty
Do you even play any other RPGs besides Final Fantasy?

And Yep just too many to name.

Quote from: OniFLOP
From Enix side we have Star Ocean...

That series is AWESOME!!

too long ago yes indeed i played this aswome game, but never knew who made it weird  :-?

wingzeroismine

More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #36 on: 2004-07-27 16:00:15 »
OK you guys keep talking about wanting a movie of some sort, but yet none of you have mentioned Advent Children. According to squares website, the release date in japan was 5.20.2004. Advent Children is a sequal which takes place 2 years after the game ended. (well, 498 years before the nanaki and pups clip.) From what I have pieced together, it is a bunch of jenova druggies trying to have reunion again, and sephiroth is somehow also alive.

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/dvd/ff7ac/

go there, they have some trailers and stuff but it's all in japanese, if you google around, you can find translated material from this site. From the link one would guess that this movie wasn't released in theatres, but instead came straight to DVD. If it really did come out in may over there I suppose one might be able to ebay it, in fact, I'll go check that right now.

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #37 on: 2004-07-27 19:31:39 »
Um...we all know about the movie. Why do you think I said I'd rather have a Prequel instead of Sequel, I was refering to the movie. This was created to bring to light the possibility there could be even MORE FFVII stuff, ala a Vincent spin off, which turned out to be true...

And so we have this thread...

Ged

• View Profile
    • http://acn.waw.pl/vanyel
More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #38 on: 2004-07-29 07:05:00 »
From the ShinRa official site --

-- Nomura confirms that the person is in the white robe definitely a male character, even if that probably doubted so far anyway hardly someone.

--Further it concerns with what Kadaj in one the Trailer direction sky shoots, a certain charm; he wanted which not betrayed. In what respect the aspect magic in the film will thus play a role, is not well-known.

--For the fact it can confirm that to the Tokyo Game Show is pointed in September 2004 a longer Trailer with new scenes to the film.

(not my translation, I can't get much out of it anyway...)

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #39 on: 2004-07-29 14:58:53 »
Hmm, Star Ocean is even  90% translated, now....it's really about 95%, but the voice overs are still in Japanese.

This page has no ROM's...just the patch.
http://www.dejap.com/so.php

Ged

• View Profile
More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #40 on: 2004-07-29 15:07:03 »
Quote from: wingzeroismine
According to squares website, the release date in japan was 5.20.2004.

Ummm... It's the date of opening the website.. (...)
I guess everybody knows about AC by know..
BC as well...

qwerty

• View Profile
More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #41 on: 2004-07-29 20:06:51 »
So you guys WANT your beloved FF7 to be whored around the world with Advent Children?? That's like sending your 14 year old daughter to a strip joint to make you some extra money for your addictions!!! I doubt this movie will be any different than Spirits Within.

Threesixty

• View Profile
More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #42 on: 2004-07-29 20:39:33 »
Well I have a feeling that it's going to be a lot like the opening movie of FF8....hey, sword fights are cool.

Ged

• View Profile
More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #43 on: 2004-07-29 20:40:57 »
Qwerty, you have an attitude problem, don't you?

Answer is YES, I don't mind.
So far it is keeping the climate, and bear in mind that TSW was differing from the FF world totaly. Magic? What's that?

Darkdevil

• View Profile
    • Http://darkdevil177.5u.com
More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #44 on: 2004-07-29 20:54:45 »
Qwerty, along with Cloudsquall do have attitude problems, as does the person who made the cloud out of battle model.  however I told him to think about how he acts and it appears he hasn't posted since.

Ged

• View Profile
More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #45 on: 2004-07-29 20:58:39 »
Pity you haven't been here when Joey was around... whooo boy, nut shell case. XD

qwerty

• View Profile
More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #46 on: 2004-07-29 20:58:47 »
No attitude problems. Just giving you a dose of reality.

Ged

• View Profile
More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #47 on: 2004-07-29 21:03:48 »
:roll: another one..

Not to be too off-topic :

Square-Enix Registers "Complilation of Final Fantasy VII" Trademark
According to Japanese website Quiter, Square-Enix registered the trademark "Compilation of Final Fantasy VII' on June 1st 2004 in Japan, along with the logo which has recently been seen in Japanese magazines and advertising. On running a seach through the US trademark database, the name hasn't been registered in the US as of yet.

Logo

From adventchildren.net

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #48 on: 2004-07-29 21:05:28 »
Theres giving a dose of reality, and then theres just being a jackass about it.

Remember: Its not WHAT you say, its HOW you say it...just a lesson for life.

Threesixty

• View Profile
More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #49 on: 2004-07-29 21:08:44 »
Shouldn't say anything....but I wonder.....Ru...b..i