Author Topic: Experiencing a Yuffie Glitch?  (Read 2918 times)

Comrade_Jonathan

• View Profile
Experiencing a Yuffie Glitch?
« on: 2014-04-28 03:23:48 »
Longtime lurker on these forums. I have only used the bootleg compilation mod and the Bloodshots Tifa mod.

Everytime I encounter Yuffie in one of her spawning locations her model vibrates with her hand on her throwing star thing and the game ceases to function properly. The music still plays and there are no graphical errors, the battle sequence just ceases to continue as it should.

Her model I chose in bootleg called the Yuffie Grimmy AC model I believe.

Another problem I frequently get is getting stuck in places I assume I shouldn't be in. Getting stuck in random corners and behind normally closed off areas. Most notably getting stuck on the ladder middle during the second bombing mission and getting stuck behind the poled off area near the place you have to ride the dolphin. Also a large enough number of NPCs respond much to slowly to my talk command. Not enough NPCS to make the game suck, but enough to be annoying.

Computer specs:
Radeon HD 7970
Intel Core 2 Quad
4 Gigabytes of RAM (but DDR2)

Thanks in advance for any comments or help.

Comrade_Jonathan

• View Profile
Re: Experiencing a Yuffie Glitch?
« Reply #1 on: 2014-04-28 14:19:43 »
Also found this glitch

Occasionally the in game timers are somewhat covered by a black box.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-04-28 16:03:37 »
Yeah Grimmy's Yuffie model has been known to be a bit funky, I think someone else fixed it because Grimmy dropped off the face of the earth.

As for the second one, I can't remember if it's been fixed since or not, you might need to surf around the threads in the graphical mods section to find out.

Comrade_Jonathan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-05-02 20:19:14 »
Hey thanks. I used someone else Yuffie model and it works fine now, I'm kind of disappointed, because I really liked the art style of that one though :)

Anyways, I'm still searching for a solution to the black box. Hopefully I'll find one. I managed to get Vincent by pure guess work though lol. It took some hours.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 2014-05-02 21:07:52 »
Hey thanks. I used someone else Yuffie model and it works fine now, I'm kind of disappointed, because I really liked the art style of that one though :)

Anyways, I'm still searching for a solution to the black box. Hopefully I'll find one. I managed to get Vincent by pure guess work though lol. It took some hours.

Try the FAQ section of Tifa's Bootleg. There is a "possible" work around for the misaligned counters. I've never tested it myself because the counters worked fine in my playthroughs.