Author Topic: Gameplay - Tweaks and Cheats: Save/PHS Anywhere Glitch!  (Read 6891 times)

Inactive User

• View Profile
So I've turned on the Save/PHS Anywhere feature, unfortunately I rather foolishly used it at a bad time.

I used it just before fighting Reno for the first time at the top of the pillar, just after Barret has joined the party again.
I had to exit the game - without having saved, now when I load up my save, Barret is in my party, but he's still shooting away, so I talk to him and he runs straight into the center of the pillar and is stuck there while still running.

Obviously, the games story line was not designed to run in this order, so it's my fault. Problem is it's my only save, I was only using the one save file, so I can't just revert to a slightly earlier stage of the game.

It'd be great if Final Fantasy perhaps creates backup save files somewhere in the folders? Or Seventh Heaven has a fix for these types of situations?

If it's possible to get myself out of this situation, please let me know. My save is bad ass!

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: 2023-05-01 05:46:37 by Inactive User »

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: Gameplay - Tweaks and Cheats: Save/PHS Anywhere Glitch!
« Reply #1 on: 2017-02-03 02:12:31 »
you need to be careful using the save anywhere mod since you can easily break a the scripts when you reload your save..

you can use black chocobo to reset your save to a know point . or to get a save closer you can download eslava's ff7 save compilation and compare the nearest save to yours and try to reset / advance the progress that way.
Good luck .

Inactive User

• View Profile
Re: Gameplay - Tweaks and Cheats: Save/PHS Anywhere Glitch!
« Reply #2 on: 2017-02-03 02:33:14 »
Thank you so much sithlord48. I'll give Black Chocobo a try. My last save was at the bottom of the pillar, so perfect!

And yes, lesson learned! From this point on I'll use it much more sensibly. Thankfully I won't have to start a new game *phew*.

Thanks again! ^.^

UPDATE: I used Black Chocobo and I'm back in action! Amazing all the stuff one can do with FFVII now!
« Last Edit: 2023-05-01 05:47:02 by Inactive User »