Author Topic: Is it posible to install ff7 mod manually??  (Read 5497 times)

alessandrastrife

• View Profile
Is it posible to install ff7 mod manually??
« on: 2020-06-09 19:33:43 »
Hi, so i just want to know if there's a way to install the movies fix mod, backgrounds mods and battle models mod by doing it manually without 7th heaven

Fewtch

• All good things in time
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
Re: Is it posible to install ff7 mod manually??
« Reply #1 on: 2020-06-10 12:03:54 »
Yes, it is technically possible, but why would you want to make more work for yourself??

alessandrastrife

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2020-06-10 17:59:05 »
because i can't use 7th heaven and i really don't understand how to use the other programs. Like, i'm new at this stuff and don't know how to install mods, i've installed some battle models manually but for the backgrounds i really don't know what program to use and i can't find tutorials anywhere

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #3 on: 2020-06-10 19:22:34 »
modding the vanilla game is the hardest, the mods you listed require Aali's driver or TrueOdin's driver to work, which both 7th heaven and reunion package with their respective programs to make the mods work

your best bet is using 7th heaven, its the simplest

alessandrastrife

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2020-06-10 19:51:12 »
modding the vanilla game is the hardest, the mods you listed require Aali's driver or TrueOdin's driver to work, which both 7th heaven and reunion package with their respective programs to make the mods work

your best bet is using 7th heaven, its the simplest

yes, but i've heard 7th heaven is not compatible with other mod programs, and in my case 7th heaven does not work. So i really don't know what programs to use to install some mods for the backgrounds, like remako or the ArkTsukiVock mods. I find these things kinda complicated, i don't quite understand the terminology used in modding either...

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2020-06-10 21:14:16 »
and in my case 7th heaven does not work
The only time we've seen 7H not work is when being fed a pirated copy of the game.  If that's your problem, Steam puts it on sale quite often for around 5 or 6 USD/EUR/GBP.

i've heard 7th heaven is not compatible with other mod programs
The only "other mod program" out there is Reunion, beginning with the just-released R06.  R05 (and previous) generally worked just fine with 7H, though there could be compatibility issues with other mods (but that's neither Reunion's nor 7H's fault, just comes with the modding territory)
« Last Edit: 2020-06-10 21:15:57 by LordUrQuan »

alessandrastrife

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2020-06-11 19:28:14 »
The only time we've seen 7H not work is when being fed a pirated copy of the game.  If that's your problem, Steam puts it on sale quite often for around 5 or 6 USD/EUR/GBP.
The only "other mod program" out there is Reunion, beginning with the just-released R06.  R05 (and previous) generally worked just fine with 7H, though there could be compatibility issues with other mods (but that's neither Reunion's nor 7H's fault, just comes with the modding territory)

I've heard about the reunion mod, i think it should work out, but doesn't the reunion mod has its own battle and field models? cause i don't like those very much, i've installed the ninostyle mods, so if i intall the reunion mod, will i still be able to use the ninostyle mods and only install some background mods through the reunion program?

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #7 on: 2020-06-12 00:22:11 »
I've heard about the reunion mod, i think it should work out, but doesn't the reunion mod has its own battle and field models? cause i don't like those very much, i've installed the ninostyle mods, so if i intall the reunion mod, will i still be able to use the ninostyle mods and only install some background mods through the reunion program?

you can disable both the field and battle models with a single setting in reunion, i think they are actually disabled by default, or at least they used to be

dadi.camillette

• View Profile
    • https://www.dadi-online.it
« Reply #8 on: 2020-09-10 13:53:41 »
The risk of doing it manually is to install the mod incorrectly and afterwards it's a disaster if it crashes.