Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3031118 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods - The Reunion (R03c)
« Reply #1575 on: 2015-06-04 00:06:23 »
It will be updated.

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: 2015-06-04 04:28:23 »
Ill or sick?  I go ill because I just feel Aerith using that word there and it sounds ok to me.  But Covarr doesn't like its sound, so maybe this is regional again.

Myself, I like "sick" better.

But this is nitpicking on my part...

White Wind

• View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: 2015-06-04 05:47:42 »
The behaviour of that guy.. sitting on the floor, rocking his head back and forth, shaking, talking nonsense and gibberish, not even noticing your presence... If you saw that person  would you think he is ill /sick ? I would rather think he has a mental disease /disorder, that he is a disabled person. Just saying.

Now what I'm about to say may not be related to the text or its localisation, the text may be independent from thinking one thing or another, but... I'd like to say that *I* think that the guy is Zax.
I know you (DLPB) think otherwise. But at least, I think the game deliberately allows uncertainty about it. Like for Harisson Ford and his replicant nature.
But here is how I see things..
- Why would he deserve his own cutscene ? Why would he deserve that special attention from Aerith ? (but I'm not saying she has recognised him for sure or knows anything about him)
- That n°2 ..THAT number two... n°1 is Sephiroth ! Do you really think that the n°2 tatoo would be given to the most random character in the game ?
- The guy is fucking bold xD The thing special about Zax' look is his haircut. That's part of his identity. If you wanted to make Zax unrecognisable, but still hinting at him, or make him look weakened, out of his former glory, you would make him bold ! For me that's no coincidence if Zax has that special haircut and if that guy is anormally bold.
- Zax was considered as the subject on which the Jenova treatment has been successful, and Cloud as the failure not even deserving a number. But we know that in reality it is the other way around, Cloud being the only one who could overcome the "body disease /mental disorder" caused by Jenova's cells. As if a successful subject actually goes from a bad state to a strong state, and a failed subject goes from a good state to a poor state.
When Cloud was disabled, Zax was alright. So for me that's no surprise, when Cloud's state got better, that in fact Zax' got worse. Like a balance, part of the connection they share. And the time frame for their state change would match with their arrival at Midgar.
- The guy has been found around the slums and Zax has been shot around Midgar.
- I could not believe that a character like Zax could be killed just by a bunch of infantry soldiers.

That's just me.
But I believe the game lets that very question unanswered on purpose. And in any story (movie, game,...) when the author does something like that, I almost automatically believe that yes, H. Ford is a replicant, that Shadow /Clyde is Relm's father, and so on.

And on a side note, I believe that the clones /copies are actually the creatures found in the Nibl reactor. That's what would make the most sense for me. We know for sure that those were infused with Jenova's cells. And then what did they become ? ..I say black-cloaked Nasguls, and failed experiments roaming in despair. What are they hiding ? ..a monster body, that makes sense.
Next playthrough I'mma note down every tatooed number and compare with the number of capsules by Jenova's chamber.

Oh, and while I'm on that, if I remember correctly the tatooed numbers found throughout the game go from 1 to 12.
12 really?
Or rather XIII ? =p
Hojo marked every Jenova subjects with a number, so why would Nanaki have the 13 number if he hadn't himself been infused with Jenova ? Then first thing that comes to my mind is that his race is immuned to any effect caused by the cells, even the Reunion.

Butthhhey just theories, my theories. That's what is good about good games, they make you dream about them even 20 years later.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: 2015-06-04 13:15:45 »
It's definitely not him :P  First, Zax is dead. For certain. Second, the man is one of the many people with tattoos (the experiments by Hojo) who then get an urge to join Jenova's Reunion.  Cloud is the same, except he doesn't have a number because he was considered a failure. Red didn't get the same treatment I don't think.
« Last Edit: 2015-06-04 13:17:20 by DLPB »

JechtShotMK9

• View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: 2015-06-04 18:49:00 »
Loving this mod.  It's made the game way more enjoyable.

I was testing out the cheats in the installer, and the one for Tifa's slots isn't working for me.  Any idea why that would be the case?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: 2015-06-04 19:32:33 »
Loving this mod.  It's made the game way more enjoyable.

I was testing out the cheats in the installer, and the one for Tifa's slots isn't working for me.  Any idea why that would be the case?

Hmmm....  Check hextlaunch.log

You have to run the game with FF7+  when using mem patches.
« Last Edit: 2015-06-04 19:38:36 by DLPB »

spy__dragon

• View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: 2015-06-04 19:35:46 »
Other bug model, this time is Cid.

Check the animations in the fields sininb2 and sininb1.

And a video:
https://youtu.be/RnSe2xTW448?t=3m55s

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: 2015-06-04 19:38:02 »
Other bug model, this time is Cid.

Check the animations in the fields sininb2 and sininb1.

And a video:
https://youtu.be/RnSe2xTW448?t=3m55s

Not sure what issue is, but, if it's a model problem, post a bug report in Kaldarasha's thread :)

spy__dragon

• View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: 2015-06-04 19:46:28 »
Really is the animation.

The animations programmed own to Cloud.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: 2015-06-04 19:55:44 »
Really is the animation.

The animations programmed own to Cloud.

Yep, his skeleton is similar to Barretts. Either I make a new animation for his skeleton which must be added to the model loader and/or a simple 7H patch.

White Wind

• View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: 2015-06-04 21:17:41 »
It's definitely not him :P  First, Zax is dead. For certain. Second, the man is one of the many people with tattoos (the experiments by Hojo) who then get an urge to join Jenova's Reunion.  Cloud is the same, except he doesn't have a number because he was considered a failure. Red didn't get the same treatment I don't think.

The guy is tatooed, he was a subject of the experiment, he got the urge to join with Jenova... all that doesn't conflict with the theory of him being Zax.
And Zax is dead yes, sure thing.... in the Tornado Labyrinth at Jenova's Reunion, it could be  :P

And also, how could Cloud complain so much about being the only one not having a number, if his companion Zax didn't have a number either ?
Cloud wants to be like Sephiroth, he wants to be that n°2, and he believed he was Zax. So no surprise if Zax happens to actually be the n°2.

But really, to each their own. I'm not trying to convince anyone, but I just like to defend my theories  ;D

Green_goblin

• View Profile
    • Parasite Eve Translation Project
« Reply #1586 on: 2015-06-05 09:31:12 »
Zax was killed by the Shin-ra soldiers, at least that is what you can deduce if you see the flashback at the Niblheim basement.

5 min 30 sec

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N263t271R2w

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: 2015-06-05 11:00:43 »
And also, how could Cloud complain so much about being the only one not having a number, if his companion Zax didn't have a number either ?

Because at that time he didn't know who Zax really is AND Hojo couldn't turn Zax to a Sephiroth copy because he was to resistant to the Jenova cells.

The other thing which speaks against your theory is that Nomura has said himself that the person of Zax (and with that the answer to Clouds mystery past) was invented very late in the development process. And that scene with this guy is very early in the game. It is only meant to foreshadow a little bit the whole Sephiroth story.
They have written the story at the same time as they made the game. In some way you can say they have made that game by accident. ::)

Caledor

• [ITA]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #1588 on: 2015-06-05 22:42:28 »
minor mistake. in the manly hall, Aerith stops Cloud from saying "are you a man" using Cloud instead of {CLOUD}

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: 2015-06-05 22:47:41 »
minor mistake. in the manly hall, Aerith stops Cloud from saying "are you a man" using Cloud instead of {CLOUD}

Ah ffs!  It's so easy to miss things when you change them.  So many things to keep track of. I did a check for this too and somehow it got missed.  Well, R04 final is due soon ( but updates will still occur to it, and I am moving on to one new mod).
« Last Edit: 2015-06-05 23:01:16 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1590 on: 2015-06-07 04:36:59 »
I've polished up the old font and box size.  Made it neater. 

Beafore
http://i.imgur.com/5TXuy20.png

After
http://i.imgur.com/V9TjyCe.png

What's changed:

1. Comma spacing is closer
2. Full Stops no longer have an auto space
3. Space after closed single inverted comma is smaller, space after open single IC is smaller.
4. Box height is smaller
5. Text is better centred in box
6. Lines are closer together
7. Explanation mark and question mark spacing altered

« Last Edit: 2015-06-07 04:44:50 by DLPB »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #1591 on: 2015-06-07 05:55:26 »
What's with the heart at the end? You looking for more romantic gameplay? :-P

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: 2015-06-07 06:05:43 »
What's with the heart at the end? You looking for more romantic gameplay? :-P

Original English font doesn't have one :P  But retranslation required one.

White Wind

• View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: 2015-06-07 06:08:31 »
@ Green_goblin : Yup I hadn't forgotten about that.

@ Kaldarasha : Haha.. I didn't know that ! Thanks for sharing. Yeah that's solid, I can't go against that.. Okay then, that bugger isn't Zax xp :kinda bit sad:

Another guy that left me with a strange feeling is that merchant in Upper Junon. You first meet him as a normal NPC, and then later in the game you find him again but this time wearing a black cloak, saying something like recently he felt like dressing like that. What the heck with that guy. I'm curious to compare his model with the model of the guy in the pipe, to see if it may be him..

@ DLPB : Looks neater. So you're sticking with the initial design, but enhanced and polished ?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: 2015-06-07 08:04:13 »
I am still debating what to do.  It's looking like I'll have 2 mods, one with the New Menu + Optional Translation, and one that is one complete work, non-optional Old Menu with enhancements + Translation + New difficulty.

It's a bit tricky.
« Last Edit: 2015-06-07 08:06:20 by DLPB »

IlDucci

• View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: 2015-06-07 10:33:43 »
Hey DLPB, I cannot answer your PMs because my post count is too low.

Please remind me where are the icons you want to modify and send me the PSX data, I can add those changes.

White Wind

• View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: 2015-06-07 11:15:04 »
I am still debating what to do.  It's looking like I'll have 2 mods, one with the New Menu + Optional Translation, and one that is one complete work, non-optional Old Menu with enhancements + Translation + New difficulty.

It's a bit tricky.

That way, everyone would be happy, unless maybe those who'd want New Menu + Weapon. But one who'd want Beacause would still have the choice between New or Old Menu, that is good.

Me, I'll stick with whatever Weapon comes with. But I'm not displeased if the Enhanced Old Menu project is bound to Weapon, I fear to feel a bit lost with the New Menu.. like if I'm not at home. But hey, it looks good, but looks maybe also as if it was another game too.

You would implement all the new icons too ? Controller buttons, materias, items icons, symbols..

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: 2015-06-07 13:07:08 »
If I do a complete work it pretty much has to be old font because of the work load and because that is what Steam users can use. It's waaaay too much work to keep track of 2 menus with  6 mods.

WatashiWaZero

• View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: 2015-06-07 18:07:50 »
Is there a reason why the new menu can't be made to work for Steam users?  I'm not against having the old menu polished up, but I feel like the time and effort you put into the new menu would go to a complete waste.  Not to mention that the time and effort you would put into polishing the old menu could be used for your other projects such as Goblin's Bar or Weapon.

SRACon17

• View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: 2015-06-07 18:25:12 »
Just recently got around to playing FF7 again. Great work! But I have a problem when using the menu overhaul. In battle, when selecting spells, each spell is separated by two rows, which means that when I have to select my second spell, I have to press down three times. I remember not having this problem when using the old menu overhaul back when it wasn't part of the reunion. Is there a way to fix this, or just revert the battle interface to not use the FF9 style battle interface?

http://postimg.org/image/eh90hmji5/
« Last Edit: 2015-06-07 21:31:39 by SRACon17 »