Author Topic: [FF7PC] Post bug reports here [use The Reunion thread instead]  (Read 85227 times)

Matski

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC] The Big Bad Bug Database - post bug reports here
« Reply #150 on: 2017-11-24 18:08:34 »
Not sure if this issue is a bug or just an inconsistency. It occurs in all versions of the game.

When Sephiroth teleports around during the Reunion, it normally has a flash visual + sound effect attached to it: Youtube Video Example

But when Sephiroth disappears in the particular incident shown here, there is never any accompanying special effect/sound effect: Youtube Video Example

It just looks like he glitches out of the game. Do you think it's worth fixing, if it can be fixed?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2017-11-25 09:54:36 »
yeah I'm definitely inclined to believe that's a script oversight.
 I'll fix it . Thanks.  Although one is where he is arriving , one leaving.  It may be better to fade out the Sephiroth model that's leaving, unless that flash effect happens elsewhere as he is leaving?
« Last Edit: 2017-11-25 11:17:44 by DLPB »

Matski

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2017-11-25 15:14:21 »
This clip shows Sephiroth disappearing later in the scene, while using the visual and sound effects.
« Last Edit: 2017-11-28 08:06:39 by Matski »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2017-12-01 01:25:22 »
Yeah it's definitely a script error I'll fix it. Thanks a lot.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2017-12-09 16:41:55 »
This can continue to serve as the main bug post, but the main document is going to soon be The Reunion Database.  I am in the process of merging everything and updating it all there.  I fix as much as I can anyway for The Reunion.

[email protected]

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2017-12-11 12:44:14 »
« Last Edit: 2019-05-06 12:07:02 by Cicciolo »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC] Post bug reports here
« Reply #156 on: 2017-12-12 14:08:32 »
Getting there.
« Last Edit: 2017-12-12 14:17:58 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2017-12-14 02:39:29 »
There is some work to do, and there will be duplicates, but the merge is more or less complete. I'll run back through this thread soon to see if I missed any reports. Bed time.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2017-12-14 20:40:42 »
Ansem, your Hyper Jump bug has been added to the database, finally.  I will look into fixing it ASAP.  Other additions to database will now be made.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2018-01-05 04:31:28 »
I am sure there was a bug regarding text in battle.  Either a recovery or death text that wouldn't display right.

Anyone any ideas?

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2018-03-30 02:46:03 »
It seems that the script in Bone Village has a logic error. When you successfully finish the condor minigame of the main story, but don't pick up the Phoenix materia, you can also get the materia on disc three in Bone Village, while you can still pick up the materia in Fort Condor. I guess the game should check if the minigame is won or not, instead of checking if the materia is in the inventory.
See here:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=442678385

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2018-03-30 13:10:56 »
this is already fixed. it should be on the reunion database with any other script errors. if it isnt ill add to document.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2018-03-30 14:37:00 »
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DUjmyW94zcYoX7gIW5yAT4giTPeNmCR4TCaHAiXOLlU

It was already there.  Entry 44, Field Script Errors. Please make sure that it isn't here before posting ;) :P

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2018-03-30 16:01:16 »
I'll do it next time.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2018-04-15 15:12:12 »
alright so this is 100% repeatable. It only occurs if you are pressing the ok button when getting off the ladder when you enter the field from the bottom. if you climb up to where you can walk and get back on the ladder it will not occur.
a few things i noticed was that the triangle you stand on when getting off is directly above the ladder but cloud automatically takes a step towards the walkway. So if you press ok while doing it he tries to go back down the ladder but cant because hes stil trying to take the step, which he cant do because hes facing the wrong direction now.
As to why it only happens on first dismount when entering scene i dont kno
I also had this bug occur without NT active, still using your exe though. its a vanilla bug id geuss

Uprisen has found a bug in rktbas2.  From what I can see, because you can enter from below, the circle press is still allowed, which will start a script that should not be able to be run.  I am going to run through a few fixes and see if the problem goes away. It should be as simple as checking the starting triangle before OK is allowed to call the script.

UpRisen

• Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2018-04-15 18:11:20 »
 field uttmpin2 theres a "hidden" rotating door at the bottom of the screen and you can soft lock it by spamming "ok" when going through it.

shpin_3 is another bugged field.  There is a body next to the ladder and if you position correctly you can interact with both at the same time. This will lets you move with the txt bubble up, you can then start the trigger with sephi, end the first conversation which will restore your movement and you can attempt to leave the field during sephi talking, this can lead to a soft lock.

Timber

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2019-12-30 05:31:08 »
Accidentally posted in wrong thread so posting here too:

- In Shinra HQ after meeting Rufus, you control Aeris and if you enter the elevator and then exit, when exiting the glass elevator, the light that shines from the open door turns off too early (before you leave the elevator). Entering the elevator works fine though.

- Same scenario as above, there are 2 elevators, Player can enter the left elevator, in which case the elevator boss battle is on the wrong side and doesn't make sense. Player shouldnt even be able to enter this elevator as in theory there's a massive robot in there.

- When you first get to Shinra HQ and take the direct approach through the front door, you can optionally go to the Accessories shop on the second floor, and a small cutscene will play when you talk to the clerk - (Barrett talks about how they aren't going to rob the store, they are here to rescue someone). If you do not see this cutscene the first time, then later after the Rufus fight, while controlling Aeris, you can talk to the clerk and the same cutscene starts where Barrett is talking about how they are here to rescue someone, even though Aeris is right in front of him.

skyhawk

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2020-03-01 22:49:34 »
Minor field script error, I think:

While in Junon for the first time, dressed up as a Shinra goon:

In the Barracks off Junon (Left):
There is a soldier who says
"Oi. You're still on duty!", "Then again, I'm hardly qualified to grill people.", followed by
"Whatever you do, don't turn into a slouch like me."

The hitbox for the dialog is very off. I can use the (heater?) in the next room over, or the couch on the other side of the room, and still get this line of dialog.

skyhawk

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2020-03-02 00:58:54 »
I've found an issue with the Bomb enemies from the Corel area. My copy of ff7 does not function with The Reunion disabled, so I can't test vanilla, but I think this does happen there.

When a Bomb detonates, it turns the entire battle arena black. This condition persists until the end of the battle, which I somehow doubt was the intended behavior.

Video example

usb

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2020-03-23 09:05:46 »
this is a weird bug that appears in blin63_1: in the "doors minigame" if you continue to select "Better not" (or no in original game) when asked to open a door sometimes the same question text will popup again and again without having pressed action button on the door. I really can't understand how this bug is triggered (for a test i've pressed better again more than 20/40 times)

Tested with new translation on and off: it appears in both cases

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
« Reply #170 on: 2020-04-04 21:16:32 »
Hello,

The icon of the Masamune in the inventory it's a gun. In Steam version and PSX.

Just to report.

Cheers,
« Last Edit: 2020-04-04 21:29:46 by Kuraudo. »

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
« Reply #171 on: 2020-04-05 18:11:57 »
Heya,

If you go up in this particular field, the icon will move on top of the dialogue box. (junonr4/end parade)

https://imgur.com/IubRrjD
« Last Edit: 2020-04-05 18:21:24 by Kuraudo. »

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #172 on: 2020-04-05 18:36:41 »
the shadow on the highwind i noticed does the inverse of what it is supposed to do based on altitude

when you move up (towards the source of light) the highwind shadow should get larger (and blurrier due to larger penumbra), and when you move down the shadow should come into focus and become smaller

but the shadow instead gets smaller as you go up and larger as you go down

I'd imagine its the same in psx version but i dont remember, i only notice now because of the graphical mods, you notice a lot more stuff when you can actually make out what they are!
« Last Edit: 2020-04-05 18:53:04 by Orichalcon »

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
« Reply #173 on: 2020-04-07 07:38:34 »
No, still appearing with last R06d.

usb

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2020-04-07 07:49:31 »
If this is fixed in Reunion's Beacause (New Translation), don't report to me.  Is it ?

R06d and New translation on