Author Topic: Cannot update catalog  (Read 2295 times)

Araska

• View Profile
Cannot update catalog
« on: 2019-07-24 12:20:47 »
Good Day,

after installing and launching 7th Heaven, I should update the catalog, according to the tutorial.

However, a couple of seconds after choosing 'update catalog' in the workshop menu, I get a message on the right hand side, claiming 'Check for updates failed - System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote sever'.

Do I have to open some specific ports in my router, or is there a problem with the catalog servers?

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot update catalog
« Reply #1 on: 2019-07-24 16:01:41 »
Could just be that the servers have maxed out their bandwidth for the day (they're freebies, after all), so apart from checking to make sure the URL is correct, just sit tight for a day or two and see if your next attempt succeeds.

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2019-07-24 19:55:40 »
I think there is an issue today as I get errors when starting the launcher, try waiting a day as LordUrQuan said.

ansonmaddox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2019-07-30 06:11:54 »
I just wanted to chime in and report the same issue. Installation went fine, but the catalog is blank.

"Check for updates failed - System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server"

"System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond."

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 2019-07-30 09:40:15 »
What subscription link are you using?

ansonmaddox

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2019-07-30 22:57:02 »
I am using the one from the tutorial:
iros://Url/http$pastebin.com/raw.php?i=dDBkYkDu

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: 2019-07-31 02:17:05 »
Catalog updated fine on my end, so probably something on your end you need to figure out. Sorry that I can't help any further :(

ansonmaddox

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2019-08-01 11:09:27 »
Turned it on this morning, and it worked! Elsewhere on these forums, it was suggested that you keep trying it on different days, and that is what worked for me. I do not know why. I did not change anything.

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2019-08-01 13:54:12 »
As noted previously, all these subscription links rely on free hosting, and when the bandwidth for a set time period is consumed, just have to wait for the timer to reset.