Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4825825 times)

RascalQueen

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #5100 on: 2017-03-27 08:11:08 »
I see.  I actually really liked the more drastic materia edits, it added a fun extra layer of specialization to each character and a chance to 'break the mold' somewhat by giving a character materia that shored up weaker parts of their build.  Plus it meant that sometimes equipping a given materia was risky - I developed an early game strategy where All stayed attached to attack magic in battles, but would be quick-swapped onto my healer in menus so that they could cure-all the party for 10mp.  But I can understand wanting to refine Arrange.  Anyways, with the new Hext-format MO, things appear to be restored to normal in terms of Limit damage and the like.

EDIT: Also, Fort Condor warp guy is my hero.

EDIT 2:  The new MO test builds seems to be causing more frequent crashes.  Wouldn't call this fixed just yet.  Seems to be tied to certain attack names displaying.  Something to do with MO's text windows?  Might just live without MO for now.
« Last Edit: 2017-03-27 09:42:01 by RascalQueen »

Bkd50

• View Profile
« Reply #5101 on: 2017-03-27 12:03:15 »
Hello! im really enjoying the mod so far, using the stand alone version.

maybe im just dumb, but is there anyway to know when an update is out? i use the first page of this thread (obviously) to download the game, and its hot fixes, but i hear talk of more hotfixing in the recent replies to the thread. are there anymore updates actually out or am i just being paranoid of you and everyone elses hot topic on hotfixing?

on a side note, again, im really really happy you made this mod. the first time i was introduced to it was through a streamer and a youtuber called death_unites_us (4-8 productions on youtube.) after seeing him play through only a little bit of the mod, i had to try it my self.

you did a great job.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5102 on: 2017-03-27 12:21:48 »
I see.  I actually really liked the more drastic materia edits, it added a fun extra layer of specialization to each character and a chance to 'break the mold' somewhat by giving a character materia that shored up weaker parts of their build.  Plus it meant that sometimes equipping a given materia was risky - I developed an early game strategy where All stayed attached to attack magic in battles, but would be quick-swapped onto my healer in menus so that they could cure-all the party for 10mp.  But I can understand wanting to refine Arrange.  Anyways, with the new Hext-format MO, things appear to be restored to normal in terms of Limit damage and the like.

EDIT: Also, Fort Condor warp guy is my hero.

EDIT 2:  The new MO test builds seems to be causing more frequent crashes.  Wouldn't call this fixed just yet.  Seems to be tied to certain attack names displaying.  Something to do with MO's text windows?  Might just live without MO for now.

I think MO is DLPB's creation, but as far as I know he dropped support for it.

Hello! im really enjoying the mod so far, using the stand alone version.

maybe im just dumb, but is there anyway to know when an update is out? i use the first page of this thread (obviously) to download the game, and its hot fixes, but i hear talk of more hotfixing in the recent replies to the thread. are there anymore updates actually out or am i just being paranoid of you and everyone elses hot topic on hotfixing?

on a side note, again, im really really happy you made this mod. the first time i was introduced to it was through a streamer and a youtuber called death_unites_us (4-8 productions on youtube.) after seeing him play through only a little bit of the mod, i had to try it my self.

you did a great job.

The only way is to check in with the front page of this thread and check the hotfix dates against when you downloaded the mod. There was an flevel hotfix recently to repair some issues in Dark Cave and other places; it's not major, but could be handy.

Nakithepaper

• View Profile
« Reply #5103 on: 2017-03-27 12:40:18 »
Really loving the idea on this mod, and some of the fixes it makes to the game.  Once I can get Final Heaven to work, I am gonna really love playing with this mod.

RascalQueen

• View Profile
« Reply #5104 on: 2017-03-27 12:58:05 »
Probably a weird request, but I'd love, like, an Arrange-Lite difficulty mode that was mostly Standard but with some of Arrange's features like the more complex materia stat effects.

Or, honestly, for the materia stuff to just be rolled into Standard, maybe at a lower intensity?  Cut the effects by half, but still have the 'every materia is a double edged sword' factor to contend with, even on 'Normal'

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5105 on: 2017-03-27 14:42:32 »
Probably a weird request, but I'd love, like, an Arrange-Lite difficulty mode that was mostly Standard but with some of Arrange's features like the more complex materia stat effects.

Or, honestly, for the materia stuff to just be rolled into Standard, maybe at a lower intensity?  Cut the effects by half, but still have the 'every materia is a double edged sword' factor to contend with, even on 'Normal'

That's the plan; the .exe changes will be making a return at some stage, likely through a hext kind of deal. Dan has a new installer that works a little like 7H as well that I might be using for the stand-alone as well.

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #5106 on: 2017-03-27 19:59:22 »
QoLs are always handy, but sadly rare; I guess they're not as exciting :I

They may not be the most exciting things in the world, granted, but know that at least this one person damn sure appreciates those little quality of life changes. Personally, I always thought one of the best parts of this mod was the NPC that informs you when another Fort Condor battle is available and teleports you to and from.

Such a little change in reality, but it makes a big difference.

GilgameshGG

• View Profile
« Reply #5107 on: 2017-03-27 23:13:12 »
If I were to upload a new MO IRO for testing only, would you check these issues for me? It will be with the new hext edits, so just enable them in the Configure and set your Workshop -> Settings -> FF7 EXE to use the ff7.exe installed from the 7H Game Converter.

I have screenshots here: http://imgur.com/a/KzabY

Alright, I tested it, here's what I got from the test (using FF7.exe and not FF7_mo.exe): It works, but not fully. Keep in mind that this is with every iro activated and in the 7th Heaven boot order, and the game was running perfectly stable so far, with 7H MO, with the exception of Long-Range stuff being all f*****.

1. Great news, The Menu Overhaul iro you sent me works fine, compatibility-wise, with New Threat.  There is no 'Long Range' conflict (ex. Red XIII can use Sled Fang in the HQ elevator fight, and damage is effectively dropped by 50% from the back row). The icons mod works too!

2. You cannot use the ''No Battle Boxes'' mod with it (even with plain Menu Overhaul). No matter where I put 'The Reunion - Beacause and Menu Overhaul' in my boot order, it would not work.

3. On top of #2, the game would simply crash on startup if ''No Battle Boxes'' was activated, unless it was at the very bottom of the load order, with only ''World Textures'' under it. That's the only place between New Threat and the bottom of the Load Order where the game would even launch, but even then, with ''No Battle Boxes'' on, it just didn't work: you get the regular MO battle menu.

4. The game crashed on startup a few times after install. It behaved strangely:
- 1st boot: was an 'Oops' error
- 2nd: 7H just launched the game without loading any mods (Square Enix logo blinks at the beginning)
- 3rd: 'LoadLibrary failed with error -1073741795: (null)'
- 4th: it just gave a regular Win7 '...is not responding' error.
- 5th boot, it worked.  ???
- 6th: 'LoadLibrary failed with error -1073741795: (null)'
- 7th: It worked again  :-\

So it's definitely shaky. Probably a lot of errors trying to load the mod library and getting either an empty one or a null object.... But I don't know how the mod interacts with 7H so it's just an idea.

5. You were right, the text sometimes doesn't fit the textboxes well. I caught an example (see attached screenshots), in the Load Save menu, top-right corner, 'Game 05' doesn't fit the box.

I'll keep running with New Threat and this Menu Overhaul, and keep you guys updated if anything else shows up, compatibility-wise. Thanks for sending me it! Beta-testing ftw.

Small question, too: I was also wondering if the battle materia menu was looking normal to you guys? (there's a screenshot of it in my imgur link) Is it going to change appearance once I get Tier-2 magic?

« Last Edit: 2017-03-28 04:00:10 by GilgameshGG »

RascalQueen

• View Profile
« Reply #5108 on: 2017-03-27 23:24:42 »
I had a similar issue with the test MO iro and New Threat - I'm pretty sure those crashes are being triggered, at least some of them, by new attacks added by New Threat.  At the very least, both Aps Senior's tidal wave attack and Beta Blast were causing repeatable crashes pretty reliably.  Reported that and uploaded some saves already.  Hopefully things will get to play nice.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5109 on: 2017-03-28 02:33:50 »
I had a similar issue with the test MO iro and New Threat - I'm pretty sure those crashes are being triggered, at least some of them, by new attacks added by New Threat.  At the very least, both Aps Senior's tidal wave attack and Beta Blast were causing repeatable crashes pretty reliably.  Reported that and uploaded some saves already.  Hopefully things will get to play nice.

They aren't really new attacks, just the same animations as the old one. Both use transparency effects however which seems to give the game grief even under default conditions and which could be the culprit for these crashes.

GilgameshGG

• View Profile
« Reply #5110 on: 2017-03-28 02:45:21 »
Alright, I'm dropping the MO for now.. I just left Kalm with the new party member, and now any PHS use just freezes the cursor over the active party member and crashes to desktop, everytime.

It was going well for a while, but I have to get over the fact that if the game crashes 5+ times before it launches, it will probably crash in-game too.  :-[

Menu Overhaul looks so nice, too. I'll help beta test whenever you need it, EQ2Alyza! I'd love to be able to give some help getting it to work with NT :)
« Last Edit: 2017-03-28 02:47:01 by GilgameshGG »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #5111 on: 2017-03-28 05:31:54 »
I have screenshots here: http://imgur.com/a/KzabY

Alright, I tested it, here's what I got from the test (using FF7.exe and not FF7_mo.exe): It works, but not fully. Keep in mind that this is with every iro activated and in the 7th Heaven boot order, and the game was running perfectly stable so far, with 7H MO, with the exception of Long-Range stuff being all f*****.

1. Great news, The Menu Overhaul iro you sent me works fine, compatibility-wise, with New Threat.  There is no 'Long Range' conflict (ex. Red XIII can use Sled Fang in the HQ elevator fight, and damage is effectively dropped by 50% from the back row). The icons mod works too!

2. You cannot use the ''No Battle Boxes'' mod with it (even with plain Menu Overhaul). No matter where I put 'The Reunion - Beacause and Menu Overhaul' in my boot order, it would not work.

3. On top of #2, the game would simply crash on startup if ''No Battle Boxes'' was activated, unless it was at the very bottom of the load order, with only ''World Textures'' under it. That's the only place between New Threat and the bottom of the Load Order where the game would even launch, but even then, with ''No Battle Boxes'' on, it just didn't work: you get the regular MO battle menu.

4. The game crashed on startup a few times after install. It behaved strangely:
- 1st boot: was an 'Oops' error
- 2nd: 7H just launched the game without loading any mods (Square Enix logo blinks at the beginning)
- 3rd: 'LoadLibrary failed with error -1073741795: (null)'
- 4th: it just gave a regular Win7 '...is not responding' error.
- 5th boot, it worked.  ???
- 6th: 'LoadLibrary failed with error -1073741795: (null)'
- 7th: It worked again  :-\

So it's definitely shaky. Probably a lot of errors trying to load the mod library and getting either an empty one or a null object.... But I don't know how the mod interacts with 7H so it's just an idea.

5. You were right, the text sometimes doesn't fit the textboxes well. I caught an example (see attached screenshots), in the Load Save menu, top-right corner, 'Game 05' doesn't fit the box.

I'll keep running with New Threat and this Menu Overhaul, and keep you guys updated if anything else shows up, compatibility-wise. Thanks for sending me it! Beta-testing ftw.

Small question, too: I was also wondering if the battle materia menu was looking normal to you guys? (there's a screenshot of it in my imgur link) Is it going to change appearance once I get Tier-2 magic?

1. Good!

2. When you say "The Reunion - Beacause and Menu Overhaul" are you referring to the current one in the Catalog 2.0? Or is that the Catalog 3.0 - Menu TEST.iro that I sent you? I have made so many mistakes with helping people in the past because the wording gets misunderstood, so just wanting to make sure :)

About the Battle Boxes themself...hmm, it works just fine on my end. But there is a delay added to the hext where it will not inject the code until 5000ms after the game launches. What version of 7H are you using? That delay feature is not present in older versions.

3. Can you post me your Profile Details showing me that exact load order. It doesn't need to be loaded at the bottom, although it's fine there anyways. It just has to come after New Threat, that way the changes to NT apply and aren't overridden. Load priority goes from top to bottom, top taking first priority over all else under it, and so on.

4. I have had the 4th issue where Win10 will state that ff7.exe has stopped responding. The most it has occurred was two consecutive times, where the third launch would work. It never affected anything in-game that I could notice, but then again...I have no played through the entire game with every variation of mods active/inactive alongside this Menu TEST (for obvious reasons, that would be impossible lol). I have never had any of the other issues though, which is odd. I hope this is a case of the delay feature missing with your 7H version.

5. Yes, that Game xx box on the Load Menu was there even back in the days DLPB was still supporting it. I don't know how to fix it. But I meant more along the lines of dialogue boxes, for example 5th image in the link you provided has the dialogue box width extended much further to the right than the sentence breaks occur. After the first sentence (?!), the dialogue for "If you need a break," should continue on that first line before it moves onto the second. Either that, or the dialogue box width needs to reduce to stop just beyond the way the sentence breaks are showing in that image. Both are okay for me, but right now it's just a lot of dead space in the dialogue box that takes up too much of the screen.

Small Question: It should extend rightward when you get the tier2 and tier3 versions...should ;)

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #5112 on: 2017-03-28 08:57:42 »
Ah, yes, Fort Condor Runner is my hero, too. ;D

Good stuff, Sega Chief. Caught up with the posts and read about your career path. I believe in your success.

RascalQueen

• View Profile
« Reply #5113 on: 2017-03-29 01:52:56 »
Where is the Gil Plus materia, exactly?  I've already made it to Gongaga and not found it, which makes me suspect I must have missed it.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5114 on: 2017-03-29 02:12:46 »
I think it's in Temple of the Ancients where the Luck Plus used to be. Gold Saucer should have it in Wonder Square as a prize but doesn't unlock until later; either when the Bronco is acquired or the Highwind.

RascalQueen

• View Profile
« Reply #5115 on: 2017-03-29 02:27:47 »
Ah okay.  For some reason when I saw 'Early' I thought, like...  Early.  Temple of the Ancients is relatively early but I've still got a small ways to go before getting it.

I was hoping to use it to speed up my current favorite money grind - Mithril Divers in the mines are math-compatible and drop 2k gil per kill, so they've been funding my adventures.

GilgameshGG

• View Profile
« Reply #5116 on: 2017-03-29 02:34:39 »
1. Good!
-snip-

2.1: I meant Catalog 3.0 - Menu TEST that you sent me! Sorry xD ...which I tested with only Menu Overhaul activated, and/or With MO + No Battle Boxes. With your 'Catalog 3.0 - Menu Test', 'No Battle Boxes' has never worked for me, and just activating it caused constant crashes on boot, and the 2 times where it did boot over 30 boots, there was no change in-game.

2.2:  I use 7H_1.54.zip that I got from the official 7H post. http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14490.0 - ficedula version

3. Here are my details:

Spoiler: show

Miscellaneous - Dynamic Cloud Weapons
   ID: 5d6a46f7-b0b0-43b1-88cb-f54de763c5b1
   Version: 2.33
   CloudSword = 1
   Sword = 3
   Dynamic = 1
Miscellaneous - Jessie Mod
   ID: 1e2e93b2-5e26-4364-9b00-d316c618813b
   Version: 2.3
Miscellaneous - Team Avalanche Fields
   ID: 72152e09-7b5c-4942-8465-afa154e20b08
   Version: 2.0
   field_ta = 1
Battle Models - Weapons
   ID: fe92e17c-f60d-4cf5-9c79-889f93d1edcb
   Version: 2.1
   weapons_aerith = 3
   weapons_caitsith = 1
   weapons_cloud = 2
   weapons_sephiroth = 1
   weapons_yuffie = 1
Field Models - Objects
   ID: 7f1274cf-3bf8-4ae6-a722-d2f374c902fc
   huge_materia = 1
   materia = 2
   potions = 2
   save_point = 3
Animations
   ID: 653bb2b6-3999-4bb0-bc21-2ae299bb7b87
   f_animation = 1
   w_animation = 1
   60fps = 1
   fba = 1
   fbn = 0
   fed = 1
   fs = 1
Battle Models - Characters
   ID: 1917178d-5ef1-42e2-9c5c-58045588b3f4
   models_aerith = 1
   models_barret = 5
   models_caitsith = 1
   models_cid = 1
   models_cloud = 7
   models_redxiii = 1
   models_sephiroth = 1
   models_tifa = 2
   models_vincent = 3
   models_yuffie = 1
Battle Models - Enemies
   ID: 267ef1d2-599c-4f4d-860c-b838f402c587
   models_diamond = 1
   models_frogs = 2
   models_scorpion = 1
   models_jenova = 1
   models_joker = 1
   models_life_form = 1
   models_motorball = 1
   models_ruby = 1
   models_soldiers = 1
   models_sweeper = 1
Battle Textures
   ID: ad83c8b5-249d-41f9-84a4-cd35200da6af
   battle_bg = 2
Field Models - Main Characters
   ID: efe1b0ec-6ce3-43f7-9659-f1bc9d36f60c
   Version: 2.2
   models_cloud = 0
   models_aerith = 2
   models_barret = 11
   models_caitsith = 1
   models_cid = 2
   models_redxiii = 1
   models_sephiroth = 4
   models_tifa = 3
   models_vincent = 1
   models_yuffie = 2
Field Models - Non-Player Characters
   ID: d329bc05-3dc0-4f35-94aa-632986f47194
   Version: 2.34
   models_base = 1
   models_biggs = 1
   models_jessie = 1
   models_wedge = 1
Field Textures - yarLson
   ID: 339ca282-645f-4053-83d1-de8777f8b1bc
   Version: 2.3
   field_bg = 1
Gameplay - Difficulty and Story
   ID: af709876-588e-4865-84e3-0ac0bd662fb2
   Version: 2.391
   gameplay = 6
Gameplay - Tweaks and Cheats
   ID: 3dbdfa3b-d97f-4cfc-9db8-223dbe0152bc
   Version: 2.2
   ar = 1
   cf = 1
   dm = 0
   isl = 1
   i = 0
   li = 0
   lcs = 0
   lt = 0
   nrb = 0
   spa = 1
   sc = 1
   sbo = 0
Media - Movies
   ID: 4f61f4cf-6733-4503-93f4-ed7fdfee21a6
   movie = 2
Media - Music and Sound
   ID: 2bdd4a94-4b06-46ca-af0a-37b9dfef25aa
   music = 4
   sound = 1
Menu - Avatars and Backdrops
   ID: aec06415-0f12-410b-ac43-f4e89e363729
   game_over = 1
   prelude = 2
   start_menu = 10
Minigames Collection
   ID: ee718ab3-0aa5-43b2-b7bc-82c69fcd19d0
   Version: 2.31
   chocobo_models = 1
   condor_models = 1
   motorbike_models = 3
   chocobo_textures = 1
   coaster_textures = 1
   condor_textures = 1
   motorbike_textures = 1
   snowboard_textures = 1
   wonder_square = 1
Spell Textures
   ID: b97373a2-aa9f-40e3-9a3d-aeaa846391d4
   magic = 2
   coin = 12
   limit = 9
World Models - Characters
   ID: a5b9a2f3-c9e3-4cbb-947a-1489ebeeb921
   cid_world = 2
   cloud_world = 12
   tifa_world = 4
World Models - Enemies
   ID: 0d0cc481-4cc3-4e7e-9529-fa7077b38615
   diamond = 1
   emerald = 1
   ruby = 1
   ultima = 1
World Models - Vehicles
   ID: 0e056cf4-7b37-49e1-aa9e-c57bc73db954
   buggy = 1
   chocobo = 1
   highwind = 1
   submarine = 1
   tiny_bronco = 1
Catalog 3.0 - Menu TEST
   ID: c0cc6846-ec72-48c3-971a-a276c69b8830
   Version: 1.0
   beacause = 0
   menu = 2
   icons = 1
   nbb = 1
World Textures
   ID: 35e0906d-7da4-4da2-b10d-87149d291a38
   world_bg = 3

Reminder : the rest of the game is perfectly fine (0 crashes so far) with this 7H mod setup. It only starts messing up when MO is turned on :(

I had un-installed your IRO, and after re-importing your IRO with No Battle Boxes on again, it never booted in 7 boots. So, I gave up on further tests.

With ONLY Menu Overhaul option active, it was crashing when I tried PHS from the World Map yesterday (Maybe because Yuffie joined the party : I tested it right after walking out of Kalm with her in my party), so I'm gonna turn it back off for now, trying to play the game a bit :p But I'm making backups of all my saves, so if we want to test any particular area, I will probably have a save for it.

« Last Edit: 2017-03-29 02:58:14 by GilgameshGG »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5117 on: 2017-03-29 12:43:13 »
2.1: I meant Catalog 3.0 - Menu TEST that you sent me! Sorry xD ...

Check your PMs please. I hope what I sent you will resolve the issues :)

RascalQueen

• View Profile
« Reply #5118 on: 2017-03-29 23:00:43 »
Yuffie's innate is incredible - managed to get myself a Curse Ring for later.  Having a ton of fun with the mod so far.  I've been streaming my experiences with it over on Twitch, if you'd like to watch someone who's not a speedrunner take a run at your mod

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5119 on: 2017-03-29 23:41:40 »
Could do; what's your Twitch channel name?

RascalQueen

• View Profile
« Reply #5120 on: 2017-03-29 23:55:38 »
therascalqueen.  About 30 hours of video, although the first segment (everything to about Corneo, actually) was with the MO bug, and there were some other problems that I had mostly fixed by the third session (weird upscaling-induced lag, mostly)

Made it to the end of Nibelheim, decided to try and pick up all the prizes I could before they change post-Tiny Bronco, mostly the Curse Ring.

GilgameshGG

• View Profile
« Reply #5121 on: 2017-03-30 04:34:08 »
Check your PMs please. I hope what I sent you will resolve the issues :)

I PMed you back (twice) but it shows my 'Sent Messages' as empty, just let me know if you got them.
The jist of it:
- 7H 1.56 beta + MO 3.0 beta work and eliminated the 'No Battle Boxes' bug
- My PHS is still fucked
- I tested by removing everything lower than NT in the load order except for MO, and so I was lazy and didn't test by removing everything except NT and MO, and I'll do that tomorrow probably

PM me if you need more info

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5122 on: 2017-03-30 05:48:54 »
I got your PMs, don't worry :)

You should be able to see your sent from the Inbox. Your replies will be attached below the initial PM I sent.

RascalQueen

• View Profile
« Reply #5123 on: 2017-03-30 12:01:46 »
By the way, Gold Saucer fights still give SP.  Is that intentional?  Seems weird given they don't progress anything else.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5124 on: 2017-03-30 15:06:14 »
Way back when, SP was only given at fixed intervals from boss fights rather than from random encounters. Battle Square and Junon Leagues were there to give SP and get characters maxed out if they hadn't done so through the fixed SP for whatever reason or as an alternative to getting it from optional bosses.