Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII with mods loading issue  (Read 4419 times)

fithos

• View Profile
Final Fantasy VII with mods loading issue
« on: 2019-04-16 16:45:59 »
Hi! I am an avid fan of this site since this keeps my favorite video game so alive which is Final Fantasy VII. I am have been using several mods specially 7th heaven to make the game run beautiful however I noticed that I am experiencing an issue at the moment. It seems that every-time that I go in and out of a section or screen like going inside a house or leaving a town, I'm experience a long wait or in the ps1 days "long loading times". I am also experiencing this every-time I go into battles there will be a short freeze while the camera pans down. I don't know if this is normal because I have so many mods installed and activated like some texture mods that I am thinking might be causing the issue. I just want to know if there are some workaround for this and any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy VII with mods loading issue
« Reply #1 on: 2019-04-17 01:23:21 »
First two things to check are that you don't have more than one mod for a specific category (don't have, for example, both satsuki's field textures and remako active at the same time), and in the 7H Workshop's "General Settings" menu, make sure that each extra folder is only mentioned once.

fithos

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2019-04-17 09:27:53 »
Thanks for the reply, I already did what you suggested and I think there are no conflicting texture mods since I am only using the avalanche arisen for battle textures and I am also using the echo-s OG fields. I did not test and I am not sure if this is normal but if I disable some field character models it loads faster, for example in junon when I enter a house it takes 3 seconds without the mod but with it it will take around 4 or 5 seconds. When I exit a house it will take 6 to seven seconds without the mod but with mods it will take more than 10 seconds. In combat I also noticed that after the battle it will take like 7 to 10 seconds before it goes back to the field which is really annoying right now. I have a decent enough computer to run this game so I think it is not my hardware that is why I am thinking if this is normal or if someone else is experiencing this on their end?

fithos

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2019-04-17 16:11:07 »
Now this is becoming unbearable, I am inside the cargo ship now and every screen transition is taking me around 10 seconds which is even putting me to sleep while waiting because I am kinda sleepy right now. Is this normal or is there anyone experiencing the same thing?

Edit: I think I manage to fix this issue and it is because of the ninos field and battle models, which is a shame because it is one of my favorite models on battle or field.
« Last Edit: 2019-04-17 23:49:39 by strife98 »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 2019-04-18 03:21:21 »
Nino is not a part of the Catalog, so not sure what the issue is.

fithos

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2019-04-18 03:54:23 »
Yeah, I got it from nexus and it is a shame because for me it has the best character models for this game. Also I tested some models that is part of the catalog and it seems that some are also causing the slowdown when going from one screen to another. I am not sure if there is a part in the game where it really loads slow but there is a significant difference after performing some test by disabling the mods one by one.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: 2019-04-18 08:00:55 »
Is it an .iro or a folder imported into 7H?

fithos

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2019-04-18 13:24:59 »
It is an iro which is compatible with 7th heaven. https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy7/mods/4

tracido

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2019-04-19 20:49:35 »
It is an iro which is compatible with 7th heaven. https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy7/mods/4

That has had some major updates, and it requires it to be above any other possible conflicting mods to work, first possibility. Second are any conflicts turned on that can be turned off. Third is the music and direct folders, they have to be deleted every single time you boot up the game other than the initial 2 folders, but there will be a pause in some cases, as they are loading your mods and that depends on your system specs, too.

Furthermore, make sure to check the comments, the most recent versions ARE NOT on 7th Heaven but on google drive and in those comments, not on Nexus.

Also, one more thing, let me give yet another example, if you turn on dynamic weapons with Nino's and Kal's same time you may have conflicts, so choose dynamic weapons with only ONE creator's mods 'ON' and the one you don't want the other version of, 'OFF', as a cautionary, and keep the one you want active if dynamic, up top of the other.

Further edit: This modder EVEN fixed a mod on 7th Heaven having compatibility issues. Get it and the update from google drive. This post here has both links, from TODAY.. https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?showtopic=6499281/#entry69456707
« Last Edit: 2019-04-19 23:13:00 by tracido »