Author Topic: FF7_MO.exe contains Massive rebalance changes?  (Read 1810 times)

Reshy

• View Profile
FF7_MO.exe contains Massive rebalance changes?
« on: 2019-04-26 07:19:38 »
Hello, I'm wondering but the FF7_MO.exe contains massive changes to the content of the game not present in either the FF7.exe or the FF7_BC.exe.  These changes aren't minor in nature, but massive changes akin to a rebalance mod and it's seemingly entirely undocumented.  I'd like to be running the menu overhaul, but the loader being packaged with a difficulty mod without a way to disable it is frustrating.  The fact that it's also seemingly undocumented is even more annoying.

Those are huge, massive statistical changes.  It's beyond that but it's significantly impacting my performance.

paladin181

• View Profile
Re: FF7_MO.exe contains Massive rebalance changes?
« Reply #1 on: 2019-04-26 11:35:22 »
Just use FF7_BC.exe. MO isn't actually needed.

Reshy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2019-04-26 12:10:19 »
I'm just wondering why there's undocumented balance changes in that file.  Seems like it'd be prudent to mention that?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: 2019-04-27 03:32:45 »
Because I don't test playthroughs with the catalog mods. There are too many variations for one person to do that, so the public is more responsible in the testing by reporting their playthrough experiences. I simply take what is released by others and only test the download, activate, configure and launch process, then load up a save and check the debug to make sure its injected into the game.

The Stat changes have largely been reported, and the quick solution is to do as Paladin says until the next catalog update fixes (hopefully) the issue.
« Last Edit: 2019-04-27 03:35:00 by EQ2Alyza »