Author Topic: Final Fantasy 7 for PS4 Announced  (Read 14751 times)

cloud1414

• Anthony Pierce
    • View Profile
    • The Legend Of Twilight
Final Fantasy 7 for PS4 Announced
« on: 2014-12-06 20:28:22 »
http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/12/06/final-fantasy-vii-ps4-announcement-trailer
But its another port. no HD remaster or remake. nice job trolling us SE.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy 7 for PS4 Announced
« Reply #1 on: 2014-12-06 21:56:31 »
At least a port from PC is better than emulating the PS1 version again. Maybe they'll take this opportunity to clean up some of the problems with the PC version, though probably not.

falkTX

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-12-06 21:57:09 »
this is fucking ridiculous...
jesus >:(

Captain Epic

• The Epic One
    • View Profile
    • Captain Epic
« Reply #3 on: 2014-12-06 22:20:05 »
I will laugh if they use the same terrible music quality from the PC release. No way to mod that :P

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-12-06 22:21:17 »
« Last Edit: 2021-10-28 16:32:12 by dkma841 »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2014-12-06 22:27:34 »
I will laugh if they use the same terrible music quality from the PC release. No way to mod that :P
I'm almost positive they'll use the same music that is in the Steam version, which is rips of the PSX music. It'd be MORE work to get the '98 version's terrible MIDI music working on PS4.

Roden

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2014-12-06 22:47:34 »
Nothing to see here..

The only good thing would perhaps be the possibility to add mods from PC to this version, but with the PS4 I bet that is mega-gimped without resorting to piracy.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2014-12-06 23:13:37 »
Oh, they are playing the fanbase like fiddles haha

JeMaCheHi

• You can just call me J!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel :D
« Reply #8 on: 2014-12-06 23:27:22 »
Such an effrontery.... They are more shameless than Spanish government bro, probably will squeeze the goose that lays the golden eggs to death. Epic fail

Roden

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2014-12-06 23:36:45 »
IIRC wern't they were working on this last year with that Shinra Technologies thing (streaming)? Not sure if it's the same thing as I don't follow consoles much these days, but makes sense we would see such a standard "test" port..

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2014-12-06 23:59:14 »
Now the question is... are they going to stretch the entire screen or simply crop everything ? I guess the "enhanced graphics" will feature hi-res new font (just like the 2012 japanese PC release) ...and that's about it.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2014-12-07 15:33:50 »
Right on. So our version is still the definitive one.

Roden

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2014-12-07 17:25:06 »
Here's the FF7 'Dive In' version I mentioned earlier.. Interesting overview of FF7i being streamed over iPad via subscription (3 days, 7 days, 1 month or 1 year).. JP only at the moment. Nice text :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A773LqXGyaw

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2014-12-07 17:41:13 »
Here's the FF7 'Dive In' version I mentioned earlier.. Interesting overview of FF7i being streamed over iPad via subscription (3 days, 7 days, 1 month or 1 year).. JP only at the moment. Nice text :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A773LqXGyaw

Sony has (or is still planning) there own service, I guess they re-named it to Playstation Now.
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/psnow/
Anyway it funny to the PC version on an iPad with the PSX button layout.

WolfMan

• One whos possessed by nothing possesses evrything
    • View Profile
Well guys its not a remake but at least it's 1080P. I'm so mad. Square Enix just blew their chance with a really amazing opportunity. If they ever do remake FF7 it will no longer have the buzz behind it because of this. SadFace
« Last Edit: 2014-12-09 23:20:44 by WolfMan »

JeMaCheHi

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2014-12-10 01:19:34 »
FFVII "Returns"? It never went away, they sold it for every fuckin platform in the last years. And they didn't release it for PS2 because PSX discs were compatible... I think its the most prostituted game in the VG history  :evil:

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2014-12-10 02:22:30 »
I'm curious as to how this version is going to be tailored for the PS4 though. For example, will they change things like "PUSH [ASSIST]" back to the original Playstation buttons? Will the screen be stretched or will there be an option for aspect ratio? (or very unlikely, will it support true widescreen)?

They're probably not going to do much to it, but since the PS4 has similar architecture to that of a PC, I'm wondering why it's not out like... right now or in a couple of weeks. They must be making some optimisations.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2014-12-10 11:23:19 »
Even if so, it's nothing that we haven't already done here.  It's just more money grabbing.  They don't need to remake it since they can just keep rereleasing.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2014-12-10 12:54:03 »
Even if so, it's nothing that we haven't already done here.  It's just more money grabbing.  They don't need to remake it since they can just keep rereleasing.

Final Fantasy 7 Forever

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2014-12-10 13:56:06 »
If there is one thing we cant do really well yet it is field and world scripting. We have the means like MR but we dont have new dungeons or quests yet. Sure there are some edits like the Aeris patch or the script changes I had to make for single player combat and also more demanding stuff in the overhauls for the PC version but there is still very little new content. More changing what we have.

I made a small quest for psx where a new enemy appears in the isle of the round cave, those chosen theme plays, a new reward is given when defeating him and the wanderer in call gives you something for the loot.

It was quite simple to do but just changing the scripts and dialogues and designing a new enemy already took extremely much time regarding how small this “quest“ was.

What I wanna say is that if there was something sensible they could do with a rerelease that would be extra content like the stuff from Dawn of Souls. New dungeons on the worldmap, new enemies with new models in them, new superbosses, some new weapons etc..Stuff like this takes long for us to do but would be a cake for Square...We could fight Sapphire weapon in some underwater cave or so.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2014-12-12 09:15:14 »
I think MR needs a frontend where I can plan my events on the walkmesh together with the field texture and it will write the scripts on the background in MR.
Basically we can do a lot with MR, but it's hard and too time consuming to work in the scripts directly. And a WM editor is highly needed. There is much we could do with it.

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2014-12-12 10:11:02 »
I also do not get why ff1+2 are the only rereleases with bonus stuff? Releasing a pc version of ff7/8 in 2014 how can you not add some new fields, tracks and enemies? ff8 even more than ff7, even omega is a noob ;)

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2014-12-12 10:31:32 »
Don't forget Chrono Trigger and FFIV after years. :wink:
I think we have more documentation about the game here as SE have. Don't know why they don't support the development of the clone engine qGears. With it they could port all there old PSX games to PC, mobile and consoles, it would be a win project for them in any case.
But maybe they think streaming an emulated game is the better solution. :|

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2014-12-12 10:43:50 »
Well qgears is supposed to run the original files so they won't sell every game 34 times :D One more problem about adding extra content by modding is also that it requires deep cuts in the executable file. Even if we are able to fully build a new field and script it properly we must still tell the game to include our files. Atm we can not even have more than 3 different world models as nobody knows how to extend the number of slots. On psx we had to expand field.bin adding lbas for the new files and find the spot where field.bin is read to make it work as we want and on pc it is probably the same.

Im really mad se dont give us some new slots for modding when releasing the game a third time and also dont add anything new releasing it the 4th on ps4.

JeMaCheHi

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2014-12-12 10:47:46 »
Don't forget Chrono Trigger and FFIV after years. :wink:
I think we have more documentation about the game here as SE have. Don't know why they don't support the development of the clone engine qGears. With it they could port all there old PSX games to PC, mobile and consoles, it would be a win project for them in any case.
But maybe they think streaming an emulated game is the better solution. :|

This time I'm with you Kaldarasha  :D We have here most info about FF7, and you guys are everyone extremely well talented. If SE collaborated with us, I think you guys would make a pretty consistent quality "remake".
But they won't, I guess because it would facilitate piracy. And, you know men, japanese are generally pretty close-minded.