Author Topic: Save anywhere in FF7 issue  (Read 3130 times)

elstabstab

Save anywhere in FF7 issue
« on: 2012-05-23 12:00:35 »
Hello all, new to this forum and have just set up FF7 again. Got everything working using a tutorial on this site and all was well. After the game crashing and getting put back about 45 mins of play, I decided the ability to save anywhere would be ideal. I re-ran BFE.exe and in the menu overhaul bit, checked the save anywhere box and hit run bootleg again. Everything went smoothly and the game still plays but still the "Save" in the menu is gray unless I'm at the save point and even at that, I'm not sure that's what I should be doing or whether there is a trick to it.  I have had a look and search in these forums but not found anyone with the same issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BAN___KAI

• View Profile
Re: Save anywhere in FF7 issue
« Reply #1 on: 2012-05-23 21:09:48 »
yes this would be extremply helpfull since i am getting a lot of crashes and it would be awesome if i could save whenever and whereever i want

Korlak

How to use the save anywhere???
« Reply #2 on: 2012-12-03 17:24:52 »
I am trying to use the save anywhere option but when i open the menu its grayed out unless im at a save point.??

Also i just wanna know, and please excuse my stupidity , but do i have to run bootleg every time i start up the game??
i.e that is every time i want to pley i need to let it copy and sprinkle and change lpg and all that stuff????

I would genuinely be very appreciative if i could get some help on this, i know there are rules and this has prob been covered already,
but if some kind soul could lend a hand i could get back to taking turns kicking ass!

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #3 on: 2012-12-04 02:10:42 »
for starters it would be good to know what version of ff7 your using and how you installed it. im pretty sure there is a bootleg thread for issues related to .  there is not trick to the save anywhere mod it should just let you have save always unlocked in your menu.

@Korlak: you only need to run bootleg after install , not every time you want to play.

whitERaven

• when the Raven turns white..
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012-12-04 03:38:49 »
I'm not an expert in bootleg.. but its always recommended to install bootleg on fresh installed FF7, in your case you re-run bootleg on a ff7 with intalled mods already, that may have caused the problem, so I suggest reinstalling ff7 first then install bootleg with your prefered settings.. hope that helps