Author Topic: [FF7][FAQ] 7th Heaven Frequently Asked Questions  (Read 531110 times)

doodoo

• View Profile
Re: Re: [FF7] Tifa's Final Heaven - 7th Heaven Mod Tutorial
« Reply #750 on: 2015-10-19 18:56:36 »
May I ask a small question here.

I am at the point where I can start farming chocobo. But I notice how all the actions by chocobo is quite fast compare to the non-mod version. (about x2 speed) And all of the chocobo has weird lighting effect (mostly too dark). Is this normal with the mods?

It looks something like this

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #751 on: 2015-10-19 19:41:02 »
so after removing everything and adding everything one by one and testing i found that if i use the red werewolf mod or the menu overhaul it creates problems with battles.

That's a known issue that is fixed for the next Catalog release. Extracting the movies like you did is fine, but if you weren't getting them before then it's because you didn't set the movie directory path correctly with the Game Converter from STEP 1. It adds a registry key edit that points to the correct movie folder for Aali's Custom Driver.

May I ask a small question here.

I am at the point where I can start farming chocobo. But I notice how all the actions by chocobo is quite fast compare to the non-mod version. (about x2 speed) And all of the chocobo has weird lighting effect (mostly too dark). Is this normal with the mods?

It looks something like this

Actions by chocobo? Do you mean their speed in the chocobo races? If so, try enabling the vsync option in Workshop -> OpenGL driver configuration or set an fps limiter during the races.

The dark chocobo could be a result from the shaders, or lack thereof. Go to Workshop -> OpenGL driver configuration and check/uncheck the Postprocessing box. That box will enable/disable the postprocess shader listed below it.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #752 on: 2015-10-19 20:40:00 »
hey

will the next update of 7th heaven have the automatic install of geniess sephiorth mod on it

doodoo

• View Profile
« Reply #753 on: 2015-10-20 18:25:48 »

Actions by chocobo? Do you mean their speed in the chocobo races? If so, try enabling the vsync option in Workshop -> OpenGL driver configuration or set an fps limiter during the races.

The dark chocobo could be a result from the shaders, or lack thereof. Go to Workshop -> OpenGL driver configuration and check/uncheck the Postprocessing box. That box will enable/disable the postprocess shader listed below it.

You are right it is about chocobo race. Sorry if it sounds misleading. I don't know how to describe it. The rate of the race itself is quite okay, but all of their action seems faster for some reason. Like when you enter the goal line and Cloud jump on a chocobo as winning sign... that action looks x2 faster. Even during the winning price reveal scene, the boards are always flipped before drum roll ends.

I tried vsync and postprocess method and they doesn't seems to help. Also, how can I set fps limiter for the race?

EDIT: I think I might have stepped on a landmine xD I tried to open "config" file in the game folder, and ever since, I can't even open the game since it always crash.... Should I uninstall everything and start over?

EDIT2: Just uninstall everything and reinstall again. Surprisingly..... It works now! no x2 chocobo speed anymore. It might due to some mod that I decide to not include this time, but who knows.

However, that dark shading problem still stands though. But it is so minor I will just ignore it, no problem. It seems like it had nothing to do with mods anyway since I tried opening the game directly this time and I still got that same problem.
« Last Edit: 2015-10-20 20:40:18 by doodoo »

kenichi

• View Profile
« Reply #754 on: 2015-10-21 12:44:39 »
Hey EQ2ALYZA is there any download order for mods or should I choice not any order? Because it give me black screen. I ask for steam version.

doodoo

• View Profile
« Reply #755 on: 2015-10-21 16:28:22 »
I think I found out the cause of the x2 chocobo speed problem. I tried to enable/disable various mods around that I use. It turns out that the music mod is the cause of that. I always use OST remaster and turn SFX off.

doodoo

• View Profile
« Reply #756 on: 2015-10-21 16:45:54 »
Hey EQ2ALYZA is there any download order for mods or should I choice not any order? Because it give me black screen. I ask for steam version.

I also use steam version and I kinda download all of them randomly (I am quite sure any order is fine since I have been doing this 3 times already and each time I just download whatever I want first and they are all difference in order.) and I also skip some of the mods too. The only thing that matter from what I see is the order you list them at. But they are covered in the tutorial.

May I ask when you convert the game to mod-capable version and when they ask you to move the game folder to C:/game/FFVII or something similar, did you press Y?

kenichi

• View Profile
« Reply #757 on: 2015-10-21 22:26:58 »
I use D drive. Yes I convert. I try again. by the way is there any problem about music?

kenichi

• View Profile
« Reply #758 on: 2015-10-23 21:08:49 »
here my app.log ı have problem that ff7.exe stopped working bla bla

[00000000] INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.8.1b
[00000000] INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
[00000000] INFO: Intel Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400 4.3.0 - Build 10.18.15.4256
[00000000] INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
[00000000] INFO: Using PBO
[00000000] INFO: Found swap_control extension
[00000000] INFO: Max texture size: 16384x16384
[00000000] INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 640x480, output resolution 640x480, internal resolution 3840x2160
[00000000] INFO: Shader limits: varying 64, vert uniform 4096, frag uniform 4096
[00000000] INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
[00000000] INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
[00000000] INFO: VGMStream music plugin loaded
[00000000] INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
[00000000] LOCK UNLOCK TEST
[00000001] MATRIX INITIALIZE
[00000001] INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
[00000001] ERROR: unhandled exception

click activate all mods and it say this

SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   konum: System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
   konum: _7thWrapperLib.IrosArc..ctor(String filename, Boolean patchable) c:\Iros\7thWrapperLib\IrosArc.cs içinde: satır 300
   konum: Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.GetModInfo(InstalledItem ii) c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs içinde: satır 831
   konum: Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.ToggleActivateMod(Guid modID) c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs içinde: satır 746
   konum: Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.bActivateAll_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs içinde: satır 1087
   konum: System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   konum: System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   konum: System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   konum: System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   konum: System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   konum: System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   konum: System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   konum: System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   konum: System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   konum: System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
« Last Edit: 2015-10-23 21:21:54 by irienaoki »

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #759 on: 2015-10-23 23:22:43 »
The anticipation for completion, so much intensifying.  - Heavy breath. INTENSIFIES-  D 8 <

Jvms20

• View Profile
« Reply #760 on: 2015-10-24 09:37:47 »
I've successfully run the game converter and I've also installed everything from 7th Heaven but when I click on the games icon to boot it up and check out if it works, an error pops up saying to insert Disc 1, 2, or 3. Was I supposed to rename "Windows (C:)" to FF7DISC1 or was there another way to go about that?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: 2015-10-24 09:54:40 »
Everyone, please help others with their questions if they have simple answers. I have just moved to Japan, and I'm still trying to settle into the change. I can't give you any time frame on the next Catalog release, but it's close to complete. I will jump back on that horse ASAP. I promise this project is not going to die :)

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #762 on: 2015-10-24 14:11:04 »
I've successfully run the game converter and I've also installed everything from 7th Heaven but when I click on the games icon to boot it up and check out if it works, an error pops up saying to insert Disc 1, 2, or 3. Was I supposed to rename "Windows (C:)" to FF7DISC1 or was there another way to go about that?

If you have successfully converted the game using a blank ISO provided from this guide, you should be able to use that same ISO to bypass the disk checking system of the original game.

Jvms20

• View Profile
« Reply #763 on: 2015-10-24 17:54:13 »
Wait I thought that was optional. I thought I could've just renamed my USB flash drive instead of doing the ISO. Does this mean I have to start over from the beginning?

Jvms20

• View Profile
« Reply #764 on: 2015-10-24 18:39:39 »
Okay I've mounted the ISO. But now every time I click on the game icon, the screen turns black like its gonna start the game but then the black box goes away and the game doesn't start. Someone please help me I bought the game just so I could mod it and now I can't even figure that out -.-

Edit: it now runs because I put "Run as Admin" but everything is totally messed up. The audio is very late and the graphics are slow. And it says there's no audio. I don't know what to do at this point.
« Last Edit: 2015-10-24 18:49:42 by Jvms20 »

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #765 on: 2015-10-24 18:47:45 »
You might have to redo it from scratch or fix some things in your 7th heaven menus. There shouldn't have been any issues.

Jvms20

• View Profile
« Reply #766 on: 2015-10-24 18:54:39 »
Does that mean I have to redownload every single mod in 7th Heaven all over again?

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #767 on: 2015-10-24 19:16:57 »
Hopefully no, I wish I could give more insight to this.  What all did you do? Tell me the steps from point A to point B.

Jvms20

• View Profile
« Reply #768 on: 2015-10-24 19:39:22 »
First of all, thank you for helping me. Okay so first thing I did was rename my flash drive to "FF7DISC1" and then I downloaded the game converter, ran it as Admin, and after running it it generated the "FF7config" file. I ran it and tested the game, everything came out well.

I then downloaded 7th Heaven, and set my options to the exact ones on the tutorial. Everything in the settings is set correctly as I've checked several times. I opened up my driver configuration in 7th Heaven and set the options to my liking, though the audio is still VGMstream which is probably why the music wasn't working when I booted up the game. I've searched the catalogs and downloaded and installed everything I wanted and no errors came up. When I configured all my mods and made sure everything was in the right loading order according to the posts on this forum, I clicked "Launch Game."

When I clicked on it, it gave me an error saying to "please insert Disc 1,2 or 3. I was confused at first so then I just plugged in my USB and placed the " FF7.EXE" file in there and launched it from there. The game went but it took a while to load then when it was finally at the menu the hand cursor was very distorted and I couldn't even press "NEW GAME" or continue. So that's when you told me about the ISO file and I downloaded it, mounted it using Daemon Tools Lite, and it created a virtual disc named "BD-ROM Drive (F:) FF7DISC1." I then tried launching the game again but this time only a black box came up, I changed settings to run as Admin and it ran it this time but the audio was very late and the graphics were sluggish and an error kept popping up saying there is no music in the directory. I ran a new game and none of the mods even showed up. Everything was vanilla so all my efforts went to waste. So only question now is....where did I go wrong?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: 2015-10-24 20:46:56 »
You need not run ANY files after using the game converter. FF7Config is already run during it, and that's the only time you should configure those settings. If you run it after the game converter, you are overwriting the registry keys with the wrong ones and will cause issues. If you want to run FF7Config more than once, just rerun the game converter again. Likewise, you do not need to run ff7.exe ever. Always use the Launch Game button in 7H to run, otherwise you are just running the vanilla game with nothing modded.

About your drive labeled FF7DISC1. The game has to input a registry key to the proper drive labeled FF7DISC1 in order for it to play without using any discs. If you change from a flash drive to a virtual drive with the mounted ISO, then rerun the game converter and make sure it recognizes the new drive. For the most part, it does it all for you, but you can always check the GC.log afterwards to be sure.

The no music only happens if you haven't downloaded the Music and Sound category from the Catalog. This is because the new custom driver being used sets the music folder to [gamedir]\music\vgmstream which is not the default folder for music. If you go into the [gamedir]\data\music_ogg folder and move the music files to the music\vgmstream folder, you will get music again. This file move will be done automatically with the next game converter release.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone, this is kind of a broken record post for me. I've explained this all numerous times (Jvms20 don't sweat it, you didn't know :)), so make note of this post and just revert people to read it rather than having to explain the same things over and over.

Jvms20

• View Profile
« Reply #770 on: 2015-10-24 21:29:35 »
I'm running the game converter and it gives me the option to unpatch, overwrite, or end. Do I press overwrite or unpatch? Also I ran the game from 7th Heaven just in case and it gives me the same thing as last time. The screen turns black but then it quickly disappears and the game never launches.

EvT1991

• View Profile
« Reply #771 on: 2015-10-24 22:44:18 »
you will want to use the 'Overwrite' option Jvms20

Also, I wish to thank everyone who is working on 7th Heaven :D (Long time lurker)

Can't wait till the new release  ;D
« Last Edit: 2015-10-24 22:47:10 by EvT1991 »

Jvms20

• View Profile
« Reply #772 on: 2015-10-24 23:13:45 »
Yeah I figured. I chose that option but it just sort of froze on me and the app didn't do much. I'm just going to start from scratch. I'm working on uninstalling and cleaning out the keys right now. I'll come back here if I run into another problem. Thanks so much for helping me everyone and thank you EQ2Alyza for making this awesome program. Your work is the only reason I bought it for PC. Now if I could just get it to work lol

Jvms20

• View Profile
« Reply #773 on: 2015-10-25 00:30:21 »
Okay so I've run into another problem. I'm running the game converter and Im trying to make it place the patch but the problem is when I press enter, the app hangs. It says "patching.." But it doesn't do anything after that. I've already downloaded and mounted the ISO file prior to this so I'm not sure why its not going.

EDIT: I don't think the Game Converter is working correctly. It keeps hanging on "patching..." whenever I confirm the installation path. I'm very frustrated right now -.-
« Last Edit: 2015-10-25 02:52:35 by Jvms20 »

CplDingo1987

• View Profile
« Reply #774 on: 2015-10-25 15:17:10 »
------EDIT------

Through some random clicking I figured out a way to change install paths via steam.

Now if my install path is this: C:\SGAMES\steamapps\common\ffvii

will this mod work?
« Last Edit: 2015-10-25 15:38:00 by CplDingo1987 »