Author Topic: [FF9 PC] Moguri Mod update 8.2 (LIVE ON OFFICIAL SITE)  (Read 358067 times)

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
Re: [FF9 PC] Moguri Mod update 8.0 (BETA V3 DOWNLOAD)
« Reply #300 on: 2020-05-06 23:27:33 »
Could some people download this updated file https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YyOwu6Q_OvXcu2VAOeXl91IaBCQxbMSl with moving seas and redone water on the worldmap and tell me what they think?

Caledor

• [ITA]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #301 on: 2020-05-07 01:07:52 »
Hmm i couldn't really tell the difference (disc 4). Can you also upload some before/after pictures?

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: 2020-05-07 09:05:54 »
Hmm i couldn't really tell the difference (disc 4). Can you also upload some before/after pictures?
I've just responded to a user on reddit, I'll post my reply here:

So how I did it, the water is already animated, it's got 6 frames for the little white spots. But the rests stays static. The original tiles are 32x32px, and I upscaled them x4 with Waifu2x. To add wiggling, like water like feature, I added 1% noise to the texture BEFORE I upscaled, so every frame is a tiny bit different. The effect is quite natural I think.

I've made a quick gif:
A before pic: https://i.imgur.com/Ylk0LGJ.jpg

To get this soft look, I upscaled twice: 1) waifu2x x2 with high softening 2) waifu x2 with max softening.

m_artn

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: 2020-05-07 09:13:39 »
The moving seas is hard to imagine in just a Picture...

I've testet it and i think it looks good and sticks close to the original.
However I have the feeling that the checkered pattern of the textures is more obviously with the moving sea.
Don't know if this could be optimised.

I would still use the moving sea anyway but it might be good if this is made optional with the Moguri installer.

Without moving seas:

With moving seas:
« Last Edit: 2020-05-07 09:18:00 by m_artn »

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 2020-05-07 09:33:57 »
Yeah the pattern is not great, but I have very little control there, as the there are 4 different squares that can be in any order, any direction, mirrored, so any given border can be next to any other 32 other border.
The only 2 solutions:
1) making the border pretty uniform (partially what I did with desert patterns) but it creates an unnatural pattern.
2) adding a lot of noise, but that mainly works with noisy textures like grass or sand.

Unfortunately, making it an option is not an option, as you can't change individual files inside p0data3. But if there's a popular demand for static seas, I'll make an optional download or making it even more subtle.

vitgil

• View Profile
« Reply #305 on: 2020-05-07 10:21:52 »
Unfortunately, making it an option is not an option, as you can't change individual files inside p0data3.

I already wrote that UnityEX can do this. I play with your Moguri beta 8 v3, Alternate Fantasy 5.0 and Scaled Battle UI. Everything works.

Koha

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: 2020-05-07 11:25:31 »
Unfortunately, making it an option is not an option, as you can't change individual files inside p0data3. But if there's a popular demand for static seas, I'll make an optional download or making it even more subtle.

And it is not possible to prepare 2 different "p0data3.bin"? One with and the other without, and the installer is responsible for pasting one or the other. They are only 100Mb, 200 with 2 different versions.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: 2020-05-07 11:52:12 »
I was thinking of an update of Memoria to handle mods better. It wouldn't be so hard to do and it would allow to make things like that optional very easily (no need to use UnityEX).

alexd

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: 2020-05-07 14:30:28 »
I already wrote that UnityEX can do this. I play with your Moguri beta 8 v3, Alternate Fantasy 5.0 and Scaled Battle UI. Everything works.

why don't you upload it :D

Sustein

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: 2020-05-07 18:02:30 »
Hi everyone,

Thank you Snouz for you work and dedication.

I have a question about the patch:
-If we have the last moguri version installed do we have to uninstall it or just replace the files (even the Assembly-CSharp.dll ?)

Why I'm asking that, because I noticed some conflict when I replaced these files with your patch, like some blur effect on objects, for at Alexendria the grass before the gate are blurred, but in the moguri 7.0 not.

Do I'm doing something wrong ?

Thank you

Doom Oyster

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: 2020-05-07 19:48:17 »
I think it looks good but wish the seams were less apparent.

ivanfuhr000

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: 2020-05-08 02:24:26 »
Hi Snouz
Congrats for the mod, it's looking really great.
I have 1 question. I have the sound fix v2.1 and v2.2 but they replace the resources.assets and assemblysharp files. Are you planning to include this fixes in the mod? or upload a modification of this files to make the mods compatible?. If not, do you know what sould i do to have this sound fixes in my game. I ask you because i couldn't find the sound fix mod page to ask.
Thank you very much

Doom Oyster

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: 2020-05-08 05:42:50 »
I have the same question - is there an easy way to merge your changes to resources.assets with sound fix 2.2?

fenrrir18

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 2020-05-08 06:52:50 »
Thanks snouz for your amazing work. Looking forward for its completion.

Hi Snouz
I have 1 question. I have the sound fix v2.1 and v2.2 but they replace the resources.assets and assemblysharp files. Are you planning to include this fixes in the mod? or upload a modification of this files to make the mods compatible?. If not, do you know what sould i do to have this sound fixes in my game. I ask you because i couldn't find the sound fix mod page to ask.
Thank you very much
Can you share the sound fix? I've been looking for it but can't find it anywhere?

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: 2020-05-08 10:40:35 »
I'm trying to understand the whole "sound fix mod" situation. After a bit of investigation with google and wayback machine, here's what I gathered.

If i understand correctly, there's one mod that fixes some bugs (in AssemblyCSharp.dll), as well as replaces sounds with better/original ones (in p0data or resources files -> would be easy to combine)
But the author has allegedly caused some trouble here and there:
Banned from Nexus - all other links link there. No luck with wayback machine.
Their reddit profile is u/dclem2 and they're still active
Still a post on Qhimm as Incinerator (Guest)
Deleted posts on forum eyesonff (wayback machine original post)

Apparently, the AssemblyCSharp part of it was added to Memoria by zePilot and will thus be part of 8.0
But for the "replacing all sounds" part, I don't have my hand on it. I don't know if there's a way to convince the modder to allow us to download and add it to Moguri.

@ivanfuhr000 if you have the files, could you share it with us on google drive?

Sustein

• View Profile
« Reply #315 on: 2020-05-08 11:53:11 »
No one to answer my question?

Should the assembly file be replaced?

Is it normal that some backgrounds are blurred more than in the old version?

Yoxoy

• View Profile
« Reply #316 on: 2020-05-08 11:58:33 »

I think you did the same mistake as myself and others.

From the first post :

IF YOU HAVE MOGURI INSTALLED (not required!)
1) If you installed it before 2020-04-2, uninstall and re-install Moguri again (SquareEnix pushed a Steam update that temporarily broke the game and Moguri)
2) Extract the content of StreamingAssets in \Program Files (x86)\Moguri Mod\StreamingAssets\
3) Extract \x64\FF9_Data\resources.assets & \x64\FF9_Data\sharedassets2.assets to SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY IX\x64\FF9_Data\
   but DON'T replace Assembly-CSharp.dll

If you have moguri mod already, you have to replace de files in the Moguri mod folder, and not the game folder. And you don't have to touch the Assembly-CSharp.dll .

I'm trying to understand the whole "sound fix mod" situation. After a bit of investigation with google and wayback machine, here's what I gathered.

If i understand correctly, there's one mod that fixes some bugs (in AssemblyCSharp.dll), as well as replaces sounds with better/original ones (in p0data or resources files -> would be easy to combine)
But the author has allegedly caused some trouble here and there:
Banned from Nexus - all other links link there. No luck with wayback machine.
Their reddit profile is u/dclem2 and they're still active
Still a post on Qhimm as Incinerator (Guest)
Deleted posts on forum eyesonff (wayback machine original post)

Apparently, the AssemblyCSharp part of it was added to Memoria by zePilot and will thus be part of 8.0
But for the "replacing all sounds" part, I don't have my hand on it. I don't know if there's a way to convince the modder to allow us to download and add it to Moguri.

@ivanfuhr000 if you have the files, could you share it with us on google drive?

There is a Assembly-CSharp.dll for "Music loop bug" on the post from ZePilot about Moguri Mod on Steam. Maybe it's linked ?
https://steamcommunity.com/app/377840/discussions/0/1741105805743188237

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 2020-05-08 12:05:57 »

If you have Moguri installed and beta 3 on top, don't replace assemblycsharp, only bin files in the moguri folder, and assets file in FFIX folder. There's an install guide. answered above
If some backgrounds are more blurred, you should screenshot them (I recommend geenshot and imgur for hosting) and I'll try to improve on the render. For some, I combined several renders and tried to achieve the best result, so it's possible. Also, I've slightly blurred some parts to achieve a better depth (like skies). I'm encouraging everyone to nitpick and send screenshots. This is a beta, it'll help.

Sustein

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 2020-05-08 12:06:59 »
I think you did the same mistake as myself and others.

From the first post :

IF YOU HAVE MOGURI INSTALLED (not required!)
1) If you installed it before 2020-04-2, uninstall and re-install Moguri again (SquareEnix pushed a Steam update that temporarily broke the game and Moguri)
2) Extract the content of StreamingAssets in \Program Files (x86)\Moguri Mod\StreamingAssets\
3) Extract \x64\FF9_Data\resources.assets & \x64\FF9_Data\sharedassets2.assets to SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY IX\x64\FF9_Data\
   but DON'T replace Assembly-CSharp.dll

If you have moguri mod already, you have to replace de files in the Moguri mod folder, and not the game folder. And you don't have to touch the Assembly-CSharp.dll .

There is a Assembly-CSharp.dll for "Music loop bug" on the post from ZePilot about Moguri Mod on Steam. Maybe it's linked ?

Thank you very much sir, I will try this and notify if it works

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: 2020-05-08 12:09:47 »
zePilot submitted the fix in June to Memoria, gave the link in July for the Moguri file with the fix, then Albeoris added the fix to the main Memoria in September. The next update will use the last Memoria build, so it'll be included.

Sustein

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 2020-05-08 12:51:10 »
I replaced the streaming assets in moguri folder and the x64 in the ff9 folder, but I got the same problem, I will say that on almost all screens the resolution and the sharpness of the image has been decreased, I don't know if it's intentional, here's a comparison link https://imgur.com/a/lMQ6jKp

Sustein

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 2020-05-08 12:56:53 »
Here another comparison sorry for the double post https://imgur.com/a/I4EkaOC

Messahira

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 2020-05-08 13:11:29 »
Bravo Snouz pour la sortie de la V3 !

Une question :
Est ce que la V3 inclus les font "original" (ou similaire) et le 16/9 ? Ou faut il toujours installer la 7.0.1 pour pouvoir profiter de ces deux features ?

Merci à toi, et bon courage pour la suite !

Sustein

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 2020-05-08 13:17:51 »
The scene with Bach at the beginning also has a problem, the table is shifted and he is more out of the screen.

Also what I was saying about the grass in Alexandria

https://imgur.com/a/Q3J1nps

Neodoris

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: 2020-05-08 16:23:59 »
Hi Snouz
Thank you very much
Could you please upload sound fix 2.2?
I only have the version 2.1, which can be downloaded here:
http://dl.free.fr/getfile.pl?file=/LQl8YcOZ
https://www31.zippyshare.com/v/OGaqIwsV/file.html
https://1fichier.com/?njvfnuhdytf9a30g1kt2

Thank you very much!