Author Topic: [FF7] Qhimm Catalog 3.0 Reports / Requests  (Read 317599 times)

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
Re: [FF7] Qhimm Catalog 3.0 Reports / Requests
« Reply #450 on: 2020-04-16 17:51:14 »
Control settings turns to default everytime I close the game. Anyone knows how to fix it?

Your controls are set in 7th Heaven. You can choose a preset under Settings>Game Launcher>Controls, or you can set your custom controls in the game, then import them as a preset into 7th Heaven by clicking the floppy disk icon.  These are being heavily improved for the next version.

nlikeflynn

• View Profile
« Reply #451 on: 2020-04-20 04:41:30 »
Does anyone know why the New Threat mod won’t work with the Resize Project enabled? I really like the bigger character models but it’s unfortunate that you can’t have them on with New Threat.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #452 on: 2020-04-20 08:13:01 »
They both modify the flevel. Flevel modding can't overlap. Kaldarasha and Sega Chief would need to combine their work into a single flevel to make them work together.

nlikeflynn

• View Profile
« Reply #453 on: 2020-04-21 01:43:39 »
Thanks EQ2. Do you know if there is an explanation somewhere on what exactly each item does under the Difficulty section where New Threat is found? For instance New Threat is 6 I think out of 10.

KaidenJames

• It's cuz of the !@#$ 'pizza'
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: 2020-04-21 02:37:17 »
They both modify the flevel. Flevel modding can't overlap. Kaldarasha and Sega Chief would need to combine their work into a single flevel to make them work together.

Is this the same for Resize and any difficulty mod? I have Resize and Reasonable Difficulty enabled and no issues so far (up to Gold Saucer first time). Or perhaps Reasonable Difficulty doesn't alter the flevel.lgp? Just curious.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: 2020-04-21 05:50:21 »
Correct. If I remember correctly, Reasonable Difficulty doesn't alter the flevel.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: 2020-04-21 05:52:04 »
Thanks EQ2. Do you know if there is an explanation somewhere on what exactly each item does under the Difficulty section where New Threat is found? For instance New Threat is 6 I think out of 10.

They're just numbers for ordering. When the Profile Details are posted, the numbers help associate and read it better. Nothing for you to worry about.

ERAISERZEE

• View Profile
« Reply #457 on: 2020-04-21 09:29:27 »
hello could you tell me how to create a 7 heaven configuration for the game pad?
I wanted the 1998 Original.cfg configuration but also use the D-pad
because I keep moving my thumb there and nothing hahahahah

KaidenJames

• View Profile
« Reply #458 on: 2020-04-21 16:16:16 »
hello could you tell me how to create a 7 heaven configuration for the game pad?
I wanted the 1998 Original.cfg configuration but also use the D-pad
because I keep moving my thumb there and nothing hahahahah

I believe you HAVE to use a third party program to get the d-pad to work. I use that same gamepad config in 7th Heaven I believe and I use xpadder to map the directional keys (8,2,4,6) to my d-pad. Xpadder isn't free, but not expensive. There are free alternatives I think. If you use Xpadder, make sure to open it as Administrator for it to work properly.

ERAISERZEE

• View Profile
« Reply #459 on: 2020-04-21 17:40:04 »
thanks but I was hoping to edit the file
1998 Original.cfg to make the d-pad work as well
for not having a thousand things open but does nothing thanks thanks.
sooner or later my thumb will understand to leave the d-pad alone ahahahah

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #460 on: 2020-04-21 18:31:39 »
thanks but I was hoping to edit the file
1998 Original.cfg to make the d-pad work as well
for not having a thousand things open but does nothing thanks thanks.
sooner or later my thumb will understand to leave the d-pad alone ahahahah

You will be able to do this in 7th Heaven 2.1.

KaidenJames

• View Profile
« Reply #461 on: 2020-04-21 18:34:07 »

When I posted my reply I was thinking "I wish I knew how to do stuff so I could help them implement this feature directly into 7th Heaven" lol. You guys are doing phenomenal work. Thank you.

nlikeflynn

• View Profile
« Reply #462 on: 2020-04-21 22:06:08 »
I believe you HAVE to use a third party program to get the d-pad to work. I use that same gamepad config in 7th Heaven I believe and I use xpadder to map the directional keys (8,2,4,6) to my d-pad. Xpadder isn't free, but not expensive. There are free alternatives I think. If you use Xpadder, make sure to open it as Administrator for it to work properly.

I use Antimicro. It is free and works really well. I couldn’t get my DS4 to work with it but my X1X controller works perfectly. I have the dpad mapped at 2, 4, 6, 8 in order for the dpad to work in game.

AuthenticM

• View Profile
« Reply #463 on: 2020-04-21 23:33:59 »

Oh wow, so we won't need to use antimicro anymore to get the d-pad to work? This is great. I wasn't even expecting this. Thanks a lot!

ERAISERZEE

• View Profile
« Reply #464 on: 2020-04-22 07:45:42 »
OK thanks I can't wait :)
« Last Edit: 2020-04-22 07:47:18 by ERAISERZEE »

dddvg4

• View Profile
« Reply #465 on: 2020-04-26 07:15:22 »
Yes, Tsnumaods music.

Yes, it's different than Anxious Heart.

No, it's different from Anxious Heart, and one of the first music mods featured here. I don't know which has better bitrate, but my guess would be Anxious Heart.

Sorry for the late reply but I just wanna say thank you for clearing things up :P
These mods makes each playthrough feels like fresh experience!

Snakeman

• View Profile
« Reply #466 on: 2020-04-26 13:24:55 »
Why is there no chibi Ninostyle field models option in 7th Heaven? Or it is but I never found it.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: 2020-04-26 13:28:11 »
Because it’s an ongoing project, so I don’t want to keep updating the Catalog every time a single new model is added. Just use the a Nexus version until its full release, then it’ll be added to the Catalog.

Snakeman

• View Profile
« Reply #468 on: 2020-04-26 13:37:24 »
Oh, ok then.

dddvg4

• View Profile
« Reply #469 on: 2020-04-27 08:01:42 »
Not sure if this is the right place but I wanna report a crashing issue. (As it is the mod's issue not 7H itself)

When using SFX mod - Seclet option, the game will 100% crash when I go into the Sleeping Man's cave. Not sure if it will make other parts of the game crash.

Didn't test other SFX options since I personally like Seclet's a lot. Hope it is something that can be fixed in the future lol

nlikeflynn

• View Profile
« Reply #470 on: 2020-04-27 15:39:53 »
Sorry for the late reply but I just wanna say thank you for clearing things up :P
These mods makes each playthrough feels like fresh experience!

I totally agree! Going through New Threat right now and then plan to go through it again with the Resize Project. The models look sooooo good with that mod!!!

jmfindorff

• View Profile
« Reply #471 on: 2020-04-27 19:39:30 »
So I managed to get the game working with mods, I'm using the old cd version by the way since that's the only version I have for pc, and when it comes to using music mods, I can get them to work, but randomly the music will just stop playing until the point where a different song starts playing, so I'm wondering if there is a fix for this or is it something that still needs to be fixed?

jmfindorff

• View Profile
« Reply #472 on: 2020-04-27 19:44:04 »
Also, I am using Tsunamod's Arranged Soundtrack and have the VGMStream music option picked.

nlikeflynn

• View Profile
« Reply #473 on: 2020-04-28 04:17:37 »
Does anyone know if the next version of 7th Heaven will include support for the Switch Pro controller? That’s my favorite controller but I can’t get it to work :(

IlMomo86

• View Profile
« Reply #474 on: 2020-04-30 14:41:56 »

If I may add a detail, it's not just resize. Even if you switch off the resize option, if you activate New Threat (or New Threat Vanilla) the field models (or at least, the ninostyle field models, which are the ones I tried) will turn off, but weirdly enough the 7thHeaven won't warn you of any issue at all. Even more curious, it will specifically mess up the main characters models, but not, say, Jessie or Biggs. Cloud's face will also look deformed in is OG version. Absolutely no idea of why that happens, but I can confidently say that switching off the "resize" isn't solving it.

Other difficulty changes seem to do no harm to the field models, at least in the early game.

I don't know basically anything about modding, but it's a pity. Not that it detracts to the sheer awesomeness of this work, mind you.