Author Topic: Petition to have FF7 Remake be a FULL TITLE!!!  (Read 25269 times)

Zetaman

• View Profile
Re: Petition to have FF7 Remake be a FULL TITLE!!!
« Reply #25 on: 2015-12-13 00:50:19 »
I love how people are fine with the prospect of paying 180 dollars for a game that  should be 60 and for a game that ideally in the past would be and would have been worked on for at least 6 years by square.
« Last Edit: 2015-12-13 01:14:39 by Zetaman »

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2015-12-13 01:17:21 »
There are a lot of flaws in your argument. I will regurgitate this well known information again: each "episode" is a full game. Did you think that FFX-1,2/FFXIII-1,2,3 were separately worth the weight of a "full game" in your opinion? "Episode" isn't even the right word to use here, it was a term that was loosely translated from a japanese gaming magazine.

Here is a better translation of this information for you.
I think we can all understand how not all translations are created equal.

You are also trying to make a comparison to the cost, time and manpower involved in building games between FOUR console generations, do you see how absurd a comparison that is? Maybe it is because I am a software dev and I see how these things get fleshed out, but I feel like this argument is really misinformed.

I am personally cool with paying for multiple $60 games if each game is long and awesome. There are definitely some holes that I would hope to be covered or expanded on such as what happened to Cloud after crisis core to pre bombing mission, what happened to everyone else from crisis core during FF7 etc.

If they make three "full" games out of FF7 AND they are awesome, I'd certainly rather pay the price of three of these full games than an ultra condensed, verbatim plot and strategy of the OG FF7. I'd also rather FF7 get this multi-volume remake treatment than any of the other FFs.

I really can't understand how I am seemingly in the minority on this. Maybe I am talking about this on the wrong forum lol

hian

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2015-12-13 01:37:46 »
Other game companies do not do it and would not do it.

To be fair, this approach is done in Japan, notably by The Legend of Heroes developers at Nihon Falcom.
These games are split because of size, and so, if truly they plan on expanding the game (1:1 scale open-cities/towns and over-world exploration)  in quality of the game-play trailer, then I actually don't see any way they could release this as a single without forcing us to wait at the very least 3+ years and forcing us to pay extra for a 2 or 3 blue-ray disk release, which would essentially make little difference from releasing those disks as they finished them instead of forcing us to wait until everyone is done in either case.

@rest of thread :
As for those drawing parallels to other games -
Almost no other game, Witcher and Xenoblade included, take place on an entire planet with 10+ city locations, 40+ hours of story spanning those locations.
The Witcher's world is quite small for comparatively to what the world of FFVII is supposed to be (an entire planet), and while Xenoblade offers an entire planet, it's a planet devoid of meaningful content, cities etc. where most of the story is told in the 1 hub-city of the game. Non of those titles are comparable in scope and diversity to what a, content-wise, faithful remake of FFVII would have to be.
FFVII issue is that it is a narrative driven game, and an exploration focused game at the same time. Most games pick one or the other. The Witcher 3 is truly an odd one out there, that tries the same, but it limits itself to a single country or continent.
Xenosaga builds an entire world (in dated graphics at that), and sacrifices tight story-telling in favor of boring MMO type game-play where most of the time is spent running through wilderness killing 10 of X and collecting 20 of Y.
FFVII did the best of both - it gave you the vast world of Xenogears and then put Witcher 3-like narrative driven quests at the center of each new area you explored.
This is the biggest factor in making the PS1 era FF games difficult to remake in high-end graphics. Their format works very poorly with the new design trends, costs, and inflation of the industry.

If you're going to have the best graphics you can have for a system, a huge world filled with diverse locations with unique content, and cut-scene driven, motion-captured, heavily directed cut-scenes drive story at every single location whether it's important for plot-progression, or whether it's just Hojo chillin' at the beach, you're easily looking at a game that will take the same amount of space as the 3 first Uncharted games put together, or the 3 first Assassin's Creed games or the 3 Witcher games.

Could you cram all of these unto one disk? Would you release that project in one package at 3 the price of a regular game down the pipe-line many years after having announced it, or split it up into 3?

More to the point - SE has had FF15 in production for a decade now. That game has yet to produce any revenue what so ever.
If you think SE financial backers will float Kitase and Co the money to just develop a game for 3-5+ years without producing anything to sell in that period, whilst FF15 is still in the works and we don't know how well it will sell, then you have no idea how the industry works.

I really don't want to defend SE on this, but the splitting of this game is not a problem. It's the only logical thing to do to make this remake happen at all (at that level of detail), and it's the only thing that answers the concerns of cut content - which was a concern primarily fueled by time, money, and the format, all of which can be addressed by making it a series instead.

If they truly do plan to make a 1:1 scale remake of that world, and everything in it, that game would literally be bigger than any other AAA RPG to date.
The only games it would perhaps make sense to compare it to would be FF15 or FF14 - the former not being out, and the other being an MMORPG that is being updated and added to constantly.

Again, for people who think serialized JRPGs don't work - look to The Legend of Heroes on PS Vita.
It's been done time and time again, and it's worked time and time again.
If Nihon Falcom can do this, SE should be able to as well.

There's a lot of things to dislike about style of the remake if you're a purist - however, the split format, until we know how and how many, is probably the least worrisome on that list.

(Before someone call me a blind fan-boy of SE - I don't even like the new direction of the game. Personally I'd like it to be a cell-shaded traditional JRPG keeping true to the original style and game-play of the game, and I'd be perfectly happy to accept lower graphics for that to be realized (even PS2 level graphics).
Personally, the anime style of the original game, the world map, the transitional encounters etc. are more important aspects of this game to me, than the overarching story - so remaking the overarching story and ditching everyone else, alienates me from the game. I'm not particularly happy with the style they chose for the remake - but they chose it. You can't have your cake and eat it too. You can't have FFVII look and play like Advent Children, retain its original content, and still make it unto a single release. You just can't.
)

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2015-12-13 01:51:29 »
There are a lot of flaws in your argument. I will regurgitate this well known information again: each "episode" is a full game. Did you think that FFX-1,2/FFXIII-1,2,3 were separately worth the weight of a "full game" in your opinion? "Episode" isn't even the right word to use here, it was a term that was loosely translated from a japanese gaming magazine.

You are also trying to make a comparison to the cost, time and manpower involved in building games between FOUR console generations, do you see how absurd a comparison that is? Maybe it is because I am a software dev and I see how these things get fleshed out, but I feel like this argument is really misinformed.

I am personally cool with paying for multiple $60 games if each game is long and awesome. There are definitely some holes that I would hope to be covered or expanded on such as what happened to Cloud after crisis core to pre bombing mission, what happened to everyone else from crisis core during FF7 etc.

If they make three "full" games out of FF7 AND they are awesome, I'd certainly rather pay the price of three of these full games than an ultra condensed, verbatim plot and strategy of the OG FF7. I'd also rather FF7 get this multi-volume remake treatment than any of the other FFs.

I really can't understand how I am seemingly in the minority on this. Maybe I am talking about this on the wrong forum lol

Well I guess no one would argue if they would expand FF7 in an intelegent way. I think what happened to person XY isn't something I really care about. How has Jenova arived the  planet and why could the  Cetra only seal her? Also the  post ShinRa history is somewhat of vague.

My grief with the multi episods is actually that there is no room for a worldmap, which also means they have to summerize content (Cosmo Canyon could be made easiely to a part of a sector in Midgar).

Atm it looks like as if they made out of Pong a Tennis Simulator. Sure Tennis can be much fun but it's simply not the same as Pong.

KnifeTheSky77

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2015-12-13 02:06:10 »
My grief with the multi episods is actually that there is no room for a worldmap, which also means they have to summerize content (Cosmo Canyon could be made easiely to a part of a sector in Midgar).

Atm it looks like as if they made out of Pong a Tennis Simulator. Sure Tennis can be much fun but it's simply not the same as Pong.

I would have a pretty big problem with that as well. Stealing vehicles and raising chocobos to get around to places were a big part of the game. Have you played XV Episode Duscae at all? I think that level of "wordmap" would be the worst case scenario for FF7r. They could AT LEAST do that, but I feel that they are motivated at the revenue prospects to do something even more worldmap-esque than that - maybe even something on par with the original. 

Zetaman

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2015-12-13 02:29:23 »
To be fair, this approach is done in Japan, notably by The Legend of Heroes developers at Nihon Falcom.
These games are split because of size, and so, if truly they plan on expanding the game (1:1 scale open-cities/towns and over-world exploration)  in quality of the game-play trailer, then I actually don't see any way they could release this as a single without forcing us to wait at the very least 3+ years and forcing us to pay extra for a 2 or 3 blue-ray disk release, which would essentially make little difference from releasing those disks as they finished them instead of forcing us to wait until everyone is done in either case.

@rest of thread :
As for those drawing parallels to other games -
Almost no other game, Witcher and Xenoblade included, take place on an entire planet with 10+ city locations, 40+ hours of story spanning those locations.
The Witcher's world is quite small for comparatively to what the world of FFVII is supposed to be (an entire planet), and while Xenoblade offers an entire planet, it's a planet devoid of meaningful content, cities etc. where most of the story is told in the 1 hub-city of the game. Non of those titles are comparable in scope and diversity to what a, content-wise, faithful remake of FFVII would have to be.
FFVII issue is that it is a narrative driven game, and an exploration focused game at the same time. Most games pick one or the other. The Witcher 3 is truly an odd one out there, that tries the same, but it limits itself to a single country or continent.
Xenosaga builds an entire world (in dated graphics at that), and sacrifices tight story-telling in favor of boring MMO type game-play where most of the time is spent running through wilderness killing 10 of X and collecting 20 of Y.
FFVII did the best of both - it gave you the vast world of Xenogears and then put Witcher 3-like narrative driven quests at the center of each new area you explored.
This is the biggest factor in making the PS1 era FF games difficult to remake in high-end graphics. Their format works very poorly with the new design trends, costs, and inflation of the industry.

If you're going to have the best graphics you can have for a system, a huge world filled with diverse locations with unique content, and cut-scene driven, motion-captured, heavily directed cut-scenes drive story at every single location whether it's important for plot-progression, or whether it's just Hojo chillin' at the beach, you're easily looking at a game that will take the same amount of space as the 3 first Uncharted games put together, or the 3 first Assassin's Creed games or the 3 Witcher games.

Could you cram all of these unto one disk? Would you release that project in one package at 3 the price of a regular game down the pipe-line many years after having announced it, or split it up into 3?

More to the point - SE has had FF15 in production for a decade now. That game has yet to produce any revenue what so ever.
If you think SE financial backers will float Kitase and Co the money to just develop a game for 3-5+ years without producing anything to sell in that period, whilst FF15 is still in the works and we don't know how well it will sell, then you have no idea how the industry works.

I really don't want to defend SE on this, but the splitting of this game is not a problem. It's the only logical thing to do to make this remake happen at all (at that level of detail), and it's the only thing that answers the concerns of cut content - which was a concern primarily fueled by time, money, and the format, all of which can be addressed by making it a series instead.

If they truly do plan to make a 1:1 scale remake of that world, and everything in it, that game would literally be bigger than any other AAA RPG to date.
The only games it would perhaps make sense to compare it to would be FF15 or FF14 - the former not being out, and the other being an MMORPG that is being updated and added to constantly.

Again, for people who think serialized JRPGs don't work - look to The Legend of Heroes on PS Vita.
It's been done time and time again, and it's worked time and time again.
If Nihon Falcom can do this, SE should be able to as well.

There's a lot of things to dislike about style of the remake if you're a purist - however, the split format, until we know how and how many, is probably the least worrisome on that list.

(Before someone call me a blind fan-boy of SE - I don't even like the new direction of the game. Personally I'd like it to be a cell-shaded traditional JRPG keeping true to the original style and game-play of the game, and I'd be perfectly happy to accept lower graphics for that to be realized (even PS2 level graphics).
Personally, the anime style of the original game, the world map, the transitional encounters etc. are more important aspects of this game to me, than the overarching story - so remaking the overarching story and ditching everyone else, alienates me from the game. I'm not particularly happy with the style they chose for the remake - but they chose it. You can't have your cake and eat it too. You can't have FFVII look and play like Advent Children, retain its original content, and still make it unto a single release. You just can't.
)

Have you even played Witcher 3, Really???
http://www.actiontrip.com/images/witcher-3-world-map-header.jpg
That is one of the 4 continents in the entire game.. (and that doesn't even show the whole continent)
there are literally hundreds of locations to explore with their own handcrafted storyboards, and that continent alone has more than 4 main hub cities with Novigrad EASILY being the size if not greater than Midgar..
http://valorabbey.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/witcher3.jpg
https://vice-images.vice.com/images/content-images/2015/07/14/wild-open-spaces-a-visual-guide-to-the-world-of-the-witcher-3-2155-body-image-1436908484.jpg?resize=1000:*&output-quality=75
that there is just 1/10 of the size of Novigrad ALONE!!

How about Skellige?
http://thewitcher3.wiki.fextralife.com/file/view/witcher3_map2.jpg

The Isles are composed of at least 5 islands with at least 3 main cities including the Kingdom in the center, with each island easily taking 10 minutes at least to sail by ship..
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/e6/af/e7/e6afe788c420d1047f801acb5362808b.jpg
here is just one of the MANY VISTAS IN SKELLIGE THIS IS A FRACTION OF THAT REGION

When you add the other territories to the mix ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE ARE YOU KIDDING?!!! THE demo they showed us might as well be a BITE SIZE FRACTION OF WITCHER 3s WORLD.. Unless you can plainly see this YOU have to literally be blind..
« Last Edit: 2015-12-13 02:44:33 by Zetaman »

Zetaman

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2015-12-13 02:36:33 »
Btw the reason FF15 hasnt been released yet is because of a mix of development hell and poor corporate decisions that have stopped them from releasing the game on its intended release. IT was supposed to be FF VS 13 and years later became 15 because they didn't want to cancel the game and waste the assets. This is also coupled by the fact that Square has signed a deal to use Unreal Technologies (a decision im in support of btw) to renew the entire game engine. The same was done with Kingdom Hearts 3, if you look at the original footage of the game the engine was completely different. The newest E3 footage shows the Unreal engine in use.. The big problems for Square that have stopped them from releasing FF15 havent been money or resources (at least not particularly in a linear sense) it was the ABSOLUTE DISASTER that was FF 14 that had the company almost go bankrupt a second time, coupled with a transitional era in technology from past to next gen that put the game in development hell.. Why do you think Type Zero was released YEARS LATER or even the FFX remaster, Because of the Reasons listed above Plain and simple.. Type Zero was a game that was supposed to be released on PSP and 5 years later was released on Next gen consoles because of this transitional technological discrepancy. This is ALSO why they even ported FFX remake to PS4, A relativly simple thing to do seeing as how it isn't a completely new game engine but still evidence of my assertions none the less.
« Last Edit: 2015-12-13 02:40:06 by Zetaman »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2015-12-13 02:40:52 »
As far as I'm concerned, whether or not this episodic thing is a good idea is going to depend almost entirely on new content. They already stated several months ago that they'd be expanding on the game significantly, adding new writing, etc., so it really is possible that when they say each episode will be a full game, they legitimately mean that it will be a full game worth of content, some mix of old (good), expanded (okay), and new (ugh) story. I'm not remotely confident they'll get this right, but I won't shit on it until I see it executed, not simply described.

Zetaman

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2015-12-13 02:54:49 »

If you honestly thought FFX 2 was a Real game... Than I really am lost for words lol.. And as I said the difference between that and this is that THIS IS SUPPOSSED TO BE A REMAKE>>> Your analogy would be more akin to Hey would you mind if they made FF13 ONE ONE!!! as FF13 ONE PART ONE PART TWO PART THREE PART 4 WHEN IT ALREADY EXISTS??? If they want to make a new installment to FF7 Call it FF7 The after years or whatever but by virtue of calling it a REMAKE the two concepts are mutually exclusive it makes absolutely no sense..  THat would be like if The son of Tolkien were to release a new printed edition of the fellowship of the ring and segregate it into 3 parts to "add and edit the content"... THEN ITS NOT A NEW EDITION OR REMAKE IS IT??

Furthermore I really want to know how much Square is spending on this, If they have been working on this for 2 years and splitting the content of a game that looks like it has the same scope as ONE of witcher 3s cities, please inform me of how terribly expensive this must be for them.. Hell even then what kind of excuse is that? Because the development of a game is expensive you are going to punish your fanbase by giving them a quarter of the content which logically given the years of planned dvelopment thats EXACTLY what it is.. Kingdom Hearts 3 is being worked on as a standalone title for more time (though dont get me started about how square has buffered that projects cost, COUGH COUGH RE RELEASEING PS2 KINGDOM HEARTS 16 times COUGH). TYPE ZERO had 6 years of development time and was ONE title.. Originally FF13 wasnt even going to be a sequential release if you read interviews by square it was a decision made AFTER THE FACT because of how popular 13 was and how popular Lightning as a character was in particular. Lightning returns wasnt even on their minds when they orignally released 13..
« Last Edit: 2015-12-13 03:05:16 by Zetaman »

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #34 on: 2015-12-13 04:00:43 »
To those still defending Square: UNLESS episode 1 contains AT LEAST as much as the original game and additional episodes have completely new content expanding on the story IN A LOGICAL WAY; Then this is nothing short of greedy and prideful on Square's part.

That said, let's move away from the possibility of it being episodes like we think an anime or manga are episodic. Perhaps these are segmented games the way Pokemon is. You have to have both to get 100% or at least know someone that has the others. This is STILL a cash grab for SE as you aren't getting the full experience with full retail price of a "full game". That's why I never picked up Pokemon and am surprised that ever took off.

KnifeTheSky77

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2015-12-13 04:04:10 »
X-2 was a full game, yes.

They have to get money from something NFITC1, I can't imagine the FF-XIII saga sold dump trucks of copies as planned. Good god I hated a lot of those characters.

hian

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2015-12-13 04:08:44 »

This isn't true though.
If each game part are added to each-other like an expansion system that we use to see for PC games, it's completely possible for the remake to have a world map that will be extended on with each new install, much like what is done with expansions for FF14, or other MMOPRGs.

Also, as I've said before, the OG's world building is, sorry to say, really bad. Towns like Kalm and Cosmo Canyon make no sense, and couldn't possible be self-sufficient and liveable as is - so they'll all probably be expanded and changed for the remake if they plan to make things more "real”.
I mean, the OG didn't even have a system of roads, railroads etc. No farms outside of the towns to provide them food, not enough houses for even the NPCs in the towns, and no indication that there would be enough customers to keep the stores from going bankrupt.
In total, the world was ridiculously underdeveloped, and if they were to address that we're looking at a world then it isn't easy to see how big the various places are going to end up being.

The Famitsu interviews have Nomura and Kitase both explicitly stating they don't want to make a "digest" version of the game - they're purposefully setting out to make a larger version than the original.

Zetaman

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2015-12-13 04:20:09 »
X-2 was a full game, yes.

They have to get money from something NFITC1, I can't imagine the FF-XIII saga sold dump trucks of copies as planned. Good god I hated a lot of those characters.

Between FF13 and 13 2 the They sold 9.3 Million copies.. 13 contrary to popular belief was a massive commercial success with the exception of possible Lightning Returns which recieved poor reviews.. And FFX 2 is considered an embarrassment by anyone who actually considers themselves a FF fan... BY FAR THE WORST GAME THEY HAVE EVER MADE.. And this is coming from someone who takes FFX 1 to be the best game in the series imo.( lets take FFX make Yuna who was a priest into a slutty gunslinger and re use almost all of the same assets, OH and lets have more than half of the bosses be a color swap of Aeons from the last game... MY GOD that game was horrible..)
« Last Edit: 2015-12-13 04:23:06 by Zetaman »

hian

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2015-12-13 04:23:16 »

Have you even played Witcher 3, Really???
http://www.actiontrip.com/images/witcher-3-world-map-header.jpg

Have you played the game?

http://www.eteknix.com/witcher-3-gta-v-skyrim-far-cry-4-map-size-comparison/

Take your crockshait and peddle it somewhere else.

Also, FFVII takes place across an entire planet - The Witcher does not. End of argument.
Make me a 1:1 scale recreation of a planet and tell me it's going to be smaller or the size of the Witcher with a serious face. I dare you.

That is one of the 4 continents in the entire game.. (and that doesn't even show the whole continent)
there are literally hundreds of locations to explore with their own handcrafted storyboards, and that continent alone has more than 4 main hub cities with Novigrad EASILY being the size if not greater than Midgar..

If you think a Medieval hub city that is easily smaller than most of the cities recreate from actual Medieval times in the Assassin'c Creed series comes even close to Midgar, the fantasy equivalent of modern day Tokyo, you are deluded.

http://valorabbey.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/witcher3.jpg
https://vice-images.vice.com/images/content-images/2015/07/14/wild-open-spaces-a-visual-guide-to-the-world-of-the-witcher-3-2155-body-image-1436908484.jpg?resize=1000:*&output-quality=75
that there is just 1/10 of the size of Novigrad ALONE!!

How about Skellige?
http://thewitcher3.wiki.fextralife.com/file/view/witcher3_map2.jpg

The Isles are composed of at least 5 islands with at least 3 main cities including the Kingdom in the center, with each island easily taking 10 minutes at least to sail by ship..
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/e6/af/e7/e6afe788c420d1047f801acb5362808b.jpg
here is just one of the MANY VISTAS IN SKELLIGE THIS IS A FRACTION OF THAT REGION

When you add the other territories to the mix ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE ARE YOU KIDDING?!!! THE demo they showed us might as well be a BITE SIZE FRACTION OF WITCHER 3s WORLD.. Unless you can plainly see this YOU have to literally be blind..

The demo they showed us, showed us a couple of streets of Midgar, which could easily indicate Migard being 10 times the size of any city in the Witcher 3, which would be hard granted that even the biggest city in that game can be run through in matter of minutes.

I wasn't arguing that the Witcher 3 doesn't have large maps - I was making the argument that comparing Medieval towns with Midgar is retarded, as is comparing a couple of kingdoms with an entire planet.

The Witcher 3 is undoubtedly impressive, but if you think it will be larger than a faithful recreation of FFVII's world in a 1:1 scale your intellect and imagination is as limited as that of a lobotomized chimpanzee. Now take your caps lock rage somewhere else.

KnifeTheSky77

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2015-12-13 04:25:34 »
lets take FFX make Yuna who was a priest into a slutty gunslinger and re use almost all of the same assets, OH and lets have more than half of the bosses be a color swap of Aeons from the last game... MY GOD that game was horrible

I never said it had a great plot, but it was a genuine effort by SE at trying to make a "full-game" sequel.

Zetaman

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2015-12-13 04:37:18 »
Have you played the game?

http://www.eteknix.com/witcher-3-gta-v-skyrim-far-cry-4-map-size-comparison/

Take your crockshait and peddle it somewhere else.

Also, FFVII takes place across an entire planet - The Witcher does not. End of argument.
Make me a 1:1 scale recreation of a planet and tell me it's going to be smaller or the size of the Witcher with a serious face. I dare you.

If you think a Medieval hub city that is easily smaller than most of the cities recreate from actual Medieval times in the Assassin'c Creed series comes even close to Midgar, the fantasy equivalent of modern day Tokyo, you are deluded.

The demo they showed us, showed us a couple of streets of Midgar, which could easily indicate Migard being 10 times the size of any city in the Witcher 3, which would be hard granted that even the biggest city in that game can be run through in matter of minutes.

I wasn't arguing that the Witcher 3 doesn't have large maps - I was making the argument that comparing Medieval towns with Midgar is retarded, as is comparing a couple of kingdoms with an entire planet.

The Witcher 3 is undoubtedly impressive, but if you think it will be larger than a faithful recreation of FFVII's world in a 1:1 scale your intellect and imagination is as limited as that of a lobotomized chimpanzee. Now take your caps lock rage somewhere else.

I love how incredibly ignorant your assertions are... YOUR VERY OWN SOURCE TO CITE THE SIZE OF WITCHERS MAP SPECIFICALLY STATES WITCHERS MAP BEING 4 TIMES BIGGER THAN GTA 5s ENTIRE CITY!!! Your honestly gonna tell me Midgar is as big if not bigger than Los Santos? Specifically your source sites GTA 5 as being 45 km^2 where as Witcher 3 is 136 km^2.. you know what else was a planet Spira except the freedom of the amount of exploration compared to the any of these game was minuscule.. Just because something spans across a planet doesnt mean the size to scale is even remotely as large.. Hell the planet of FF7 EVEN REMINDS ME OF the way SKELLIGE LOOKS FUNNY ENOUGH..

http://www.ff7underground.s5.com/images/ff7map.gif
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/witcher/images/9/9a/Skelligemap.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150725013001

They might as well be the same amount of territory.. Witcher 3 might as well just be a planet scaled several times larger..

https://www.primagames.com/media/images/news/the_witcher_3_skellige_main_quests_hero_image.jpg

Apparently this doesnt scale with something like Cosmo canyon lol... You gotta love Fanboys
« Last Edit: 2015-12-13 04:39:12 by Zetaman »

KnifeTheSky77

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2015-12-13 04:40:41 »
Size has no meaning, hian is clearly referring to the density of those areas. What is impressive about miles and miles of empty space?

Zetaman

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2015-12-13 04:43:33 »
I never said it had a great plot, but it was a genuine effort by SE at trying to make a "full-game" sequel.

A Genuine effort that used almost all of the same assets as the last game, many of the same world territories and was soo lazy from a narrative standpoint that they made the majority of the antagonists simply a recolor of existing Aeon models. Oh and did I mention the game was shat out a year and a half after FFX release which was worked on ever since 7? Lol Geniune effort my ass.

Zetaman

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2015-12-13 04:45:50 »
Size has no meaning, hian is clearly referring to the density of those areas. What is impressive about miles and miles of empty space?

Youre right, apparently 100s of hand place locations with hand written story driven quests, and over 150 hours of voice acting not to mention 5 years of development time is not a genuine effort in the filling of that "space"

Zetaman

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2015-12-13 04:48:20 »
http://segmentnext.com/2015/05/29/the-witcher-3-novigrad-secondary-quests-guide/

These are only a handfull of SIDE QUESTS all fleshed out with full stories and voice acting, available only in Novigrad only a fraction of the games territory

Zetaman

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2015-12-13 04:52:38 »

Also Really you arent being indicative of physical size your whole arguement was based upon the premise that a Medieval Cities scale could never be the scale of a modern city WHEN YOUR OWN ARTICLE TOLD YOU OTHERWISE LOS SANTOS WHICH IS A MODERN CITY IS A FRACTION OF WITCHER 3s TERRITORY

hian

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2015-12-13 05:01:46 »
I love how incredibly ignorant your assertions are... YOUR VERY OWN SOURCE TO CITE THE SIZE OF WITCHERS MAP SPECIFICALLY STATES WITCHERS MAP BEING 4 TIMES BIGGER THAN GTA 5s ENTIRE CITY!!! Your honestly gonna tell me Midgar is as big if not bigger than Los Santos? Specifically your source sites GTA 5 as being 45 km^2 where as Witcher 3 is 136 km^2..

I love how your reading comprehension and flailing about trying to confirm your own biases is at the level of a religious child.

Yes, the entirety of Witcher 3's map is bigger than Los Santos - now tell me if FF7's world is confined to just Midgar?
Ooops, that's right, it isn't. No points for you.

you know what else was a planet Spira except the freedom of the amount of exploration compared to the any of these game was minuscule..

Good thing FFVII's world isn't anything like Spira's then, and that we have no reason to assume that FFVIIR's world will be anything like that either.

Just because something spans across a planet doesnt mean the size to scale is even remotely as large..

It does if they're remaking it in 1:1 scale which was the qualifier to my argument. But then, grasping that would require to to calm the F down and stop acting like a five year old on a temper tantrum.
We don't know that they will, and you're right, it might end up a tiny linear world - but it's an assumption either way. Thing is, I'm not going to get my knickers in a bunch on an assumption like you are right now.

Hell the planet of FF7 EVEN REMINDS ME OF the way SKELLIGE LOOKS FUNNY ENOUGH..

Omg, it reminds you of it. Good for you. That's not an argument.

They might as well be the same amount of territory.. Witcher 3 might as well just be a planet scaled several times larger..

It might, and it might not.

This is a 1/1000 scale recreation of Midgar :

You do the math, and consider how big the world of FFVII is.

https://www.primagames.com/media/images/news/the_witcher_3_skellige_main_quests_hero_image.jpg

Apparently this doesnt scale with something like Cosmo canyon lol... You gotta love Fanboys

Except I said no such thing. I said that the most of the FFVII world is likely see expansion as well as the fact that the world is quite large as it is.
That's why the assumption that FFVIIR will end up smaller or at the same size as Witcher 3 is not just an empty assumption - it's a poor assumption.

Now take a hike.

Also Really you arent being indicative of physical size your whole arguement was based upon the premise that a Medieval Cities scale could never be the scale of a modern city WHEN YOUR OWN ARTICLE TOLD YOU OTHERWISE LOS SANTOS WHICH IS A MODERN CITY IS A FRACTION OF WITCHER 3s TERRITORY

You're comparing a modern city to all of Witcher 3's territory. I was comparing cities to cities, which is a point you started making - not me.

Again, take a hike. You're arguments are shait, your internet rage is pathetic, and your double/triple posting is a blight on the forum.
« Last Edit: 2015-12-13 05:03:42 by hian »

Zetaman

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2015-12-13 05:04:01 »
By this assumption we would have to say that Los Santos which doesnt even include all of the city mind you it also includes a ton of outskirts and rural area, is at least the size of Novigrad plus Velen which Novigrad IS PART OF VELEN hell they might as well be equivalent territories seeing as how Vellen and Novigrad are roughly a third of the entire games land mass..

KnifeTheSky77

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2015-12-13 05:15:03 »

Okay, that was hilarious. I can leave this thread now.

Zetaman: I hope SE proves your theories wrong. They might drop the ball, but they also might not. It is just too early to tell.

Zetaman

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2015-12-13 05:24:55 »
I love how your reading comprehension and flailing about trying to confirm your own biases is at the level of a religious child.

Yes, the entirety of Witcher 3's map is bigger than Los Santos - now tell me if FF7's world is confined to just Midgar?
Ooops, that's right, it isn't. No points for you.

Good thing FFVII's world isn't anything like Spira's then, and that we have no reason to assume that FFVIIR's world will be anything like that either.

It does if they're remaking it in 1:1 scale which was the qualifier to my argument. But then, grasping that would require to to calm the F down and stop acting like a five year old on a temper tantrum.
We don't know that they will, and you're right, it might end up a tiny linear world - but it's an assumption either way. Thing is, I'm not going to get my knickers in a bunch on an assumption like you are right now.

It might, and it might not.

This is a 1/1000 scale recreation of Midgar :

You do the math, and consider how big the world of FFVII is.

Except I said no such thing. I said that the most of the FFVII world is likely see expansion as well as the fact that the world is quite large as it is.
That's why the assumption that FFVIIR will end up smaller or at the same size as Witcher 3 is not just an empty assumption - it's a poor assumption.

Now take a hike.

You're comparing a modern city to all of Witcher 3's territory. I was comparing cities to cities, which is a point you started making - not me.

Again, take a hike. You're arguments are shait, your internet rage is pathetic, and your double/triple posting is a blight on the forum.

A 1/1 scale of a planet would roughly be 25k miles around... Your telling me Square is going to make a 1/1 scale of a planet? Apparently you didn't graduate middle-school astronomy class. Current technology cant even reach a fraction of this size, better yet the fact that lets face it, you think square would give a strawberries better yet be able to do so in 3 years? wow.. I was comparing btw Novigrad and Velen to Los Santos which Novigrad and Velen are one territory with a major hub city, pretty much the same format as Los Santos. And btw the calculations assuming Velen and Novigrad are 1/3 of the maps territory than Los Santos city scale would pretty much match evenly with Velen and Novigrad in terms of Km2. As I said the scale of a game in terms of physical size is determined by its actual size relative to real measurements such as kilometers. Nothing in the gaming industry has gotten close to Witchers scale.. And with 3 years of development time I doubt Square would even come close as well.

And better yet how about we do some basic math here assuming my approximations are correct. The formula for area is Length X Width. Lets say your Midgar model was 6 feet long by 5 feet wide that seems fair right? judging by its scale with the people in the background and average height being approx 5.9 I would say that's a fair assumption.  Assuming this was the case and you multiplied this by a grand that would only equal 2.79 KM^2 in a rectangular area. Far from even a fraction of the area of Witchers Map..

Again Basic Basic BASIC LOGIC PUT IN HERE

Also I fail to see how the english language and all statements must be rendered as arguments.. I merely wished to point out that Skellige and the world of FF7 had very similar land mass structures but apparently that's ridiculous you know.. I mean If I don't structure all of my sentences in an argumentative format that's stupid right???
« Last Edit: 2015-12-13 05:34:10 by Zetaman »