Author Topic: [FF7] Original and Outdated Tutorial - Bootleg Configurator  (Read 1847227 times)

Vegadawg2

• Admitted Fanboy
    • View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Bootleg Edit for the FFVII Remix 2.5.1
« Reply #150 on: 2011-08-18 23:16:57 »
I've already extracted everything I like from Remix (MP3's) so I don't use the remix installer at all.  I acquired my APZ zip file from the website I previously mentioned to you.  I am NOT using the bootleg installer on a clean install. :oops:  I have PRP in my lgp's so I don't ever start with vanilla lgp's(I found that this is easier than running PRP over and over) I am attempting to use bootleg to just add new mods without needing to uninstall and redo everything.  Seems like a pain to have to uninstall every single time you want a new mod right?   

I will make a list of what FMV's i ended up choosing and post it very soon. Also I wanted to reiterate to everyone a little tip I found a long time ago when researching FMV's.  If you remove the line: if(!full_range) y = (y - (1.0 / 255.0) * 16.0) * (255.0 / (235.0 - 16.0)); 
from your yuv.frag file in your shaders folder, the FMV's do appear brighter and just look better all in all.  Not sure if this is just a Vista fix but I always remove that line every single time.

The deal with Mike's weapons is that i had them installed prior to running bootleg.  I had bootleg install Millenia's weapons so I guess it only overwrote some of Clouds weapons with Millenia's.   Like I said the mix is perfect so I'm not complaining about that at all(hopefully I can recreate this effect in the future)  Maybe I ended up with the black stick Yuffie because I already had her non-effect weapon installed and working fine prior to running bootleg.  It was easy to fix so I wasn't worried about that at all.

As far as the battle model for Barret being different depending on whether I'm doing a new game or a continue is pretty crazy strange.  Probably has something to do with running bootleg on an already modified FFVII.  I had Barrets field model working fine on my current game but after running bootleg he only appears on new games.  Not a big issue in my mind though...

I guess the bottom line is that bootleg is only 100% when being ran on a fresh install.  These "switches" you speak of are foreign to me so hopefully my bootleg is not working less because I don't know how to use those...  Maybe give a tutorial somewhere about these switches because I think they would benefit me for getting bootleg to install everything just right like I like it.  I am a big fan of more options so these switches might just be the thing to make this bootleg installer easier to use without any errors or unwanted changes being made.
« Last Edit: 2011-08-18 23:23:03 by Vegadawg2 »

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2011-08-19 01:19:38 »
Bootleg really needs the Remix installer and the rest of the listed mods.  Most of the models come from Remix.  It's the only source of APZ Freak's Cloud model that is available on Qhimm.

Remix has the PRP models with all the flicker fixes.  There are also quite a few additional models in the Remix that are not in PRP.  Titeguy3 did a great job of sorting out the PRP models, so there is very little clutter in the LGPs.  Remix has many world textures-- nearly all of the cities-- that are not available anywhere else.  Additionally, the Remix has all the hex edited textures that make the 'textures' folder work.  Some of the limit textures will not work without the Remix.

While Bootleg is running, it generates a few patch folders.  These folders contain most of the changes made to the LGP files.  You can locate the folders in:
      C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Temp\Bootleg_Setup\

BFE is nearly complete.  BFE offers visual feedback for all of the switches.  Just tick all the buttons and check the boxes for the mods you want to install.  BFE shows a picture of what the mod look like when it's selected.  It's in a working state now.  I'm just missing quite a few screenshots.

Vegadawg2

• Admitted Fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2011-08-19 03:05:11 »
I hope to be one of the first to try out BFE when released.  Very exciting!!  8-)

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2011-08-19 03:32:37 »
Do a clean Bootleg install with all of the mods on a vanilla FF7 for the first time.
Customize to your liking while keeping track.
Then you can remove most of the already installed mods, add new mods and run Bootleg without all the old baggage.
Bootleg should be much quicker on subsequent installs.

That first run through is very important.
Bootleg needs all those models from the installers like Remix.
If any files are mismatched, the game goes haywire.

EDIT:
Bootleg 0030 in ready for release later today.

Bootleg Front End is now working with every Bootleg switch!
It's still missing many of the screenshots and the layout is terrible.
Does anyone want access to the BFE tech preview?  I'd appreciate any feedback on making things more visually appealing and easier to configure.  If I receive any requests, I'll release BFE as a separate download with the upcoming Bootleg release.

EDIT:
Bootleg 0030 is now available with BFE!
BFE-- Bootleg Front End-- is a graphical front end interface for the Bootleg configurator.

New in 0030:
    Changed Version Numbering
    Added /I Switch to Install from Image
    Added /W Switch to Select Soundtrack
    Added bunny girls.rar
    Added sailor jupiter.rar
    Added sailor mars.rar
    Added Hi Res Sephiroth Model
    Added Cloud Carries Masamune
    Added Fixed Rebuilded Models: Man 11, Mr. Coates, Old Man 4, Punk 2, Punk 4, Sumo 1, Sumo 2, Wrestler 3
    Recovered Mike's Masamune Sword
    Recovered Kela51's Missing Ice Textures
    Updated Strayoff's Condor Minigame Mod
    Optimized Install Order

New Mod Downloads:
    bunny girls.rar       Aaiki14   Bunny Dress Field Models      Qhimm FILE
    sailor jupiter.rar    Aaiki14   Aeris Sailor Jupiter Model    Qhimm FILE
    sailor mars.rar       Aaiki14   Tifa Sailor Mars Model        Qhimm FILE

-PitBrat
« Last Edit: 2011-08-21 07:49:26 by PitBrat »

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2011-08-22 08:03:35 »
Bootleg 0031 is now available.

I fixed a bug in Bootleg 0030 that resulted in a missing ff7.exe.
Please download the newest version of Bootleg and BFE.

Bootleg .0031 Changes:
    +Fixed bug with missing ff7.exe
    +Fixed missing registry entries
    +Fixed crash in Corel Inn
    Revised Install Path Discovery

Bootleg now recognizes non standard install paths automatically.

In the next release, I'm including a new selection of FMV's based on suggestions by Vegadawg2 and Covarr.

Thanks for the support.
Please let me know how I might improve Bootleg.
« Last Edit: 2011-08-22 15:37:21 by PitBrat »

Ying264

« Reply #155 on: 2011-08-23 00:19:40 »
I've a strange problem, I have a vanilla FF7 and I can install the remix + the avalanche gui + high res mods, and my game will still work fine I have used the aalis 0.11 and set my resolution to 1920x1080 (sometimes the audio doesn't work but i'll solve that soon)

The problem is when I try to use the bootleg (using 0031 have the others in folder too) to try install other mods FMV,s/phoenix/masamune etc. My game afterwards will go to the "new game" screen then skip the opening fmv and my screen will go completely black however i'll see Barret say "cmon newcomer follow me" Installing this FF7 with all the graphical and audio mods etc is beginning to drive me insane! Though with persistence I shall do it!!

Another thing during bootlegger it says field pack 1rar cant be found even though it's in the same folder as the bootleger. Could this possibly be something to do with it? Oh and more seeds on facepalmer please!!!

My system specs win7 64 bit
amd athlon 64 X2 5600+ 2.8ghz
2gb ram
512mb pci-e x1950 radeon pro graphics

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2011-08-23 01:56:16 »
Download all of the mods.
Place all of the mods together in a folder with Bootleg.exe.
Do a FULL INSTALL of Final Fantasy VII.
Run Bootleg.exe as administrator.

Attempting to run Bootleg again without restoring FF7 to vanilla settings will result in anomalies.

The mods must have these exact file names.
On missing file errors Bootleg skips the file and attempts recovery.

Make sure that every installer launches and completes successfully.
The order of installation is very important.

The Bootleg folder should contain these files.
File names must match exactly.
    0.MY REBUILDED MODELS.rar
    Aeris_Patch_23_March_2011.rar
    AerisWeaponModv0.5-slayersnext.rar
    aerith 5yrsold Release new version.rar
    aerith 10 yrs old.rar
    Avalanche GUI v2.0.8.exe
    Avalanche High Res.exe
    Barret Navy Model PRP.rar
    Battle Scene enhacement lgp use.zip
    BLDE RELEASE.rar
    blue limit V2 by kela51.rar
    blue limit V3 by kela51.rar
    BMEE Release.rar
    BOHE release.rar
    bpdc release.rar
    bunny girls.rar
    Classic Models.7z
    cloudswords_installer.rar
    corel prison and bonus.rar
    cr.rar
    DarkFang's avatars.rar
    eidoslogo.avi
    FacePalmer.zip
    FF7 HQ Aerith mod.rar
    ff7_enhanced_movies_1.zip
    ff7_enhanced_movies_2.zip
    ff7_opengl-0.7.11b.zip
    ff7music_install_15111.exe
    ff7102zx.zip
    Field Files Pack 1.rar
    Field Files Pack 2.rar
    Field Files Pack 3.rar
    Field Files Pack 4.rar
    Field Files Pack 5.rar
    Final_Fantasy_VII_Remix_v2-5-1_Installer.exe
    FL-BSE v0.1.1 UPD.zip
    FL-BSE v0.1.zip
    FL-WME Beta.exe
    FMVRes.exe
    FMVRes-1.bin
    FMVRes-2.bin
    FMVRes-3.bin
    FMVRes-4.bin
    FMVRes-5.bin
    FMVRes-6.bin
    Gjoerulv.rar
    HQMBV2 - Classic Buster.rar
    ice by kela51.rar
    limit original by kela51.rar
    Magochocobo ff7 battle pack 2.rar
    Magochocobo png battle files.rar
    Models.7z
    MOVIE.zip
    Nikfrozty Transparent Avatars.rar
    sailor mars.rar
    Trish(aka Mike)'s custom model pack.7z
    Vehiles[WIP].rar
    WeaponModv1.0-slayersnextr.rar
    yarLson Field Upscale Project v0.35.zip

Ying264

« Reply #157 on: 2011-08-23 03:19:20 »
Ah thanks mate, I was trying to do a manual install i got to Modifying & Compiling LGP archive and started getting confused :p I'm just waiting for facepalmer to finish downloading it's taking absolutely forever!. Great work to everyone on here good to see an evergrowing active community for the best game ever made :)

NVNiko

• A wannabe nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2011-08-23 06:02:21 »
The BFE and Bootleg installer are working great now Pitbrat!  I only have one small request and that is to have the option to not install the sound fx.  Oh and for the textures it would be nice showing a preview of an area done by both artist so you can decide which one you like better.

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2011-08-23 13:27:11 »
NVNiko,
The next update of Bootleg will include the ability to disable the new sound fx.

Eventually BFE will display screenshots of all the mods in action.
Obtaining said screenshots is very slow going; I could definitely use some help.
If you have any great screenshots, please share them with me!

I'd like to enable Bootleg to individually add and remove mods in real time.
Not many mods are packaged in a way that would make it feasible.
In the meantime, I'll work at adding switches for enabling/disabling every mod in Bootleg.
BFE makes configuration much easier.
Now it's time to add more options and confuse things again!

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2011-08-23 14:58:55 »
Sorry if this sounds stupid but ive been wondering whats FF7 Vanilla?

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2011-08-23 15:06:17 »
It's the original FF7.

Vegadawg2

• Admitted Fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2011-08-23 17:49:10 »
If your not sure where to get a vanilla FF7 you can unzip PitBrat's file:  ff7102zx.zip    The download link for this file is on page one of this post I believe. Look around you'll find it....  It has a vanilla FF7.exe file in it that you can use for future modding.  There are other places to acquire it, that's just the quickest one I can think of right of hand.

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2011-08-24 14:20:05 »
I'm already made a few improvements for the next release of Bootleg.
I've fixed to faded faces problem with the PRP models.
It really bothered me that all the field models had that faded pink tint to their eyes.
Now you can see the whites of their eyes.
It's a subtle change, but it makes an huge difference.

I also fixed another problem with Bloodshot's HQ Bike model.  Another one of Cloud's body parts was attached to the wrong model.

Please let me know of any mods that just have to go into the next release.
What do y'all think of some of the new soundtracks that are available?
How about these tracks:
3-06 - The Nightmare's Beginning-rev8.ogg    Bryan Bilocura  NetHead - Remastered Song   Qhimm FILE
3-16 - Interrupted by Fireworks-rev18.ogg    Bryan Bilocura  NetHead - Remastered Song   Qhimm FILE
3-20 - Buried in the Snow-v.2.ogg            Bryan Bilocura  NetHead - Remastered Song   Qhimm FILE
JenovaRemix.ogg                              SymphoniC       New Music Track             Qhimm FILE

I also need to sort through all the field textures to find the ones with palette glitches.
I'd appreciate any information on identified glitches.

Thanks,
-PitBrat

Vegadawg2

• Admitted Fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2011-08-24 22:20:02 »
I've already added those ogg's to my music that I use in-game.  I highly recommend others use them too.  They are really great.  It would be cool if you could incorporate them into your bootleg Pit.  That's also really awesome that you fixed the eyes so they're not pink anymore.  Should make a huge difference I think...  Also I wanted to ask... what ice textures were missing from kela51's ice spell mods?  just out of curiosity cause I thought they were looking good already.  I'll be curious too see all the new additions as your work progresses.

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2011-08-25 01:14:01 »
Vegadawg2,
Those darn averaged pink eyes were one of my biggest complaints with the PRP.
They look so much better now.

Kela51's ice 2 and 3 textures were missing.

I was hoping Covarr would incorporate the new tracks into his FF7Music installer.
In the meantime, they will be assimilated.

I've added new FMV options based on your suggestions: DLPB+Trojack, DLPB+Trojack+Grimmy.
I also fixed an issue with Trojack's videos not installing properly.

EDIT:
Added a new Soundtrack Option: 3-06 - The Nightmare's Beginning-rev8.ogg, 3-16 - Interrupted by Fireworks-rev18.ogg, 3-20 - Buried in the Snow-v.2.ogg, JenovaRemix.ogg.
Added Any CD Loader DLL Version
+Fixed Broken Field Models HAGB.HRC, IBGD.HRC, CQGA.HRC
+Fixed Broken World Models: CID.HRC, DLB.HRC, BCC2.RSD

Are there any other great songs for the Bootleg soundtrack?

Now I'm compiling a list of all the glitched field textures.
I need to identify only the glitched lighting textures.
There's an option to removed the glitched textures so that the lights will pulsate and flash as expected.
Except for the lack of color cycling, I can't tell much of a difference between the hi res glitched lighting textures and the originals.

If anyone can give me the file name of even just one glitched textures, please do!
Check the APP.LOG after playing and make a note of any glitches.

Thanks,
-PitBrat
« Last Edit: 2011-08-26 03:23:34 by PitBrat »

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2011-08-27 15:43:22 »
I would really like to help this project as much as I can!

Also I was wondering if you see that I sent you a PM :P

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2011-08-30 16:40:01 »
Bootleg 0032 with BFE is ready for DOWNLOAD.

I made some major changes under the hood.
I'm running test installs to make sure everything is in working order,
but there are too many combinations to test everything.
Because of Bootleg's growing complexity, BFE is essential.
Bootleg and BFE are now merged into one package.

New Mods to Download:
HQ_opening_credits.zip                          Grimmy          Opening Credits                         Qhimm FILE
hq_vids_2.7z                                    Grimmy          Midgar canon firing, Nanaki's ending    Qhimm FILE
missing_hq.zip                                  Grimmy          Rufus, Sephiroth and Meteor             Qhimm FILE
New_opening.7z                                  Grimmy          New Opening FMV                         Qhimm FILE
3-06 - The Nightmare's Beginning-rev8.ogg       Bryan Bilocura  NetHead - Remastered Song               Qhimm FILE
3-16 - Interrupted by Fireworks-rev18.ogg       Bryan Bilocura  NetHead - Remastered Song               Qhimm FILE
3-20 - Buried in the Snow-v.2.ogg               Bryan Bilocura  NetHead - Remastered Song               Qhimm FILE
JenovaRemix.ogg                                 SymphoniC       New Music Track                         Qhimm FILE
tank_and_pirate_ship.zip                        kuroda masahiro Tank and Pirate Ship Model Replacements Qhimm FILE
FF7anyCD DLL version.zip                        Kranmer         Any CD Loader                           Qhimm FILE

New in Bootleg 0032:
    Added Grimmy's FMV's
    Added FMV Options: DLPB+Trojack, DLPB+Trojak+Grimmy
    Added New Soundtrack Option: 3-06 - The Nightmare's Beginning-rev8.ogg, 3-16 - Interrupted by Fireworks-rev18.ogg, 3-20 - Buried in the Snow-v.2.ogg, JenovaRemix.ogg
    Added Glitched Field Texture Removal Option
    Added Vehicles Models from tank_and_pirate_ship.zip
    Added Any CD Loader DLL Version
    Added Event Logging to Bootleg.log
    Updated Buggy Texture
    Updated FacePalmer
    Optimized Remix Installation
    Optimized Kernel Patching
    +Fixed Broken Field Models HAGB.HRC, IBGD.HRC, CQGA.HRC
    +Fixed Broken World Models: CID.HRC, DLB.HRC, BCC2.RSD
    +Fixed Cloud's Masamune Alignment
    +Fixed Faded Eyes on Field Models
    +Fixed Missing Trojak FMV's
    +Fixed Sailor Models Installation

I've completely revamped the way Remix installs.  Bootleg extracts and utilizes Remix resources without running the crappy Remix installer.  Also, the Hardcore Mod is no longer installed unless specified.  These changes significantly speed up the Bootleg process. 

There is also a Bootleg.log file in the game folder.  It's useful to understand how Bootleg works and when it fails.

I'm preparing the script to allow selective installation of mods.
Which method is best:
    -control over every individual mod regardless of the impact that one missing mod has on others
    -control over groups of dependent mods so that the result is always playable
Though it's much easier just to add an on/off switch for every mod, I'm leaning toward grouping mods so that the final installation is always viable.

Glitched lighting textures are still abundant.
Please let me know the names of any glitched textures you discover!
I noticed broken lighting in at least one texture that did not throw a 'glitch' error:
    mds7_15_00.png
A complete list of glitched and broken textures is a great resource for the FacePalmer project.
Here's what I have so far:
Code: [Select]
blin70_1_15_00.png
blin70_1_16_00.png
eals_1_15.png
eals_1_16.png
eleout_15_00.png
eleout_16_00.png
md8brdg_15_00.png
mds5_1_15_00.png
mds5_5_15_00.png
mds7_15_00.png
mds7_15_002.png
sbwy4_6_15_00.png
tin_1_15_00.png
tin_2_15_00.png
tin_3_15_00.png
tin_4_15_00.png

Please, let me know how to make Bootleg better!
Thanks,
-PitBrat
« Last Edit: 2011-08-30 17:30:20 by PitBrat »

F|at|ine____

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2011-09-03 20:44:59 »
I want to try this out so bad but the farthest I got was after an error in bootleg.exe it ran FF7.exe but no music showed the menu screen then completely black, but you can see barret's text window...then I closed and tried to restart application and it just closes immediately...it said it couldn't fin ff7music_install_1518.exe but it's right there in the folder with the rest of the mods and bootleg...also when bootleg.exe finishes installing does it just immediately and abruptly close by itself? page 6 you have a list of all the mods needed and I checked off every single one using notepad..even the bunny outfits which sounds ridiculous that if you didn't have that mod that it would prevent installation...I can play the regular remix fine with new music even used highwind and tried out the advent children cloud mod and worked like a charm...any help would be appreciated.

F|at|ine____

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2011-09-03 22:56:54 »
I have ALL MODS the bootleg log file shows everything completed successfully, when I click on FF7.exe it says : "you have an error in your config file some options may not have been parsed" word for word...then it proceeds to load the game I see the credits with the music then I get to the screen with cloud in the background and I can choose only new game since I have no save...right when I go to new game I get a black screen...no opening fmv at the beginning of new game....what the heck is going on?

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2011-09-03 23:21:00 »
F|at|ine____,
No, installation shouldn't end abruptly.  FF7_OPENGL.CFG opens up in notepad for you to configure resolution.  After that, the BOOTLEG_README.TXT opens.  When you close the readme, then Bootleg.exe exits.
Set Bootleg.exe to run as administrator.  Right click on Bootleg.exe, choose Properties, go to the Compatibility tab and check Run this program as an administrator.
Are you starting with a full, unmodified install of a legitimate CD-ROM version of FF7?

When you install Bootleg, use the BFE configurator.
Run 'BFE.exe' instead of Bootleg.exe.

What are the last few lines in 'Bootleg.log'?

Bootleg will complete without mods like Bunny Girls and Sailor Moon.  Just make sure those mods are not selected when you start Bootleg.

Sometimes on Windows Vista and 7 UAC can interfere.  Try installing FF7 to a non system folder like 'C:\games\Final Fantasy VII\'.
What version of Windows are you using?  Is it a U.S. version?

F|at|ine____

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2011-09-03 23:48:41 »
This is the last few lines of bootleg log:
Phoenix Rejuvenation Project completed.
Updating Sephiroth model . . .
Sephiroth completed.
Searching for "FacePalmer.zip" in "G:\bootleg\"
Installing FacePalmer Field Textures . . .
Extracting "FacePalmer.zip"
FacePalmer completed.
Searching for "Field Files Pack 1.rar" in "G:\bootleg\"
Installing sl1982's Field Enhancement . . .
Field Enhancement completed.
Installing yarLson's Field Textures . . .
Searching for "yarLson Field Upscale Project v0.35.zip" in "G:\bootleg\"
Field Textures completed.
Deglitching Lighting . . .

I installed everywhere my bootleg folder is 20 GB's lol worked on this for 7 hours, I even opened command prompt and loaded manually through there...I use windows xp pro...haven't tried BFE.exe or run through Administrator just used bootleg.exe didn't think it would be necessary...after clean install of original ff7 cd's then bootleg.exe is there anything else I do? is it my specs of my pc? it isn't a dual core...it's a older pc but it runs remix and other stuff perfectly.

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2011-09-04 00:24:27 »
You'll need to install the XP Service Packs.  Bootleg requires XP Service Pack 2 or newer.
Set Bootleg.exe to run as administrator.

Run BFE.exe and uncheck 'Remove Glitched' under 'Field Textures.'

Make sure that there are no other program running during installation.
Disable Virus software during installation just to be sure.
Don't access the Final Fantasy VII install folder during installation.
If a file from the FF7 install folder is open or even selected in explorer, Bootleg might fail.

Run BFE.exe to install Bootleg!

F|at|ine____

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2011-09-04 00:48:59 »
I do get a "FORFILES" folder error after face palm texture install....

F|at|ine____

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2011-09-04 01:07:11 »
now it works but without sound....the textures don't really look cleaned up either....have no idea what is going on...