Author Topic: [FF7] Original and Outdated Tutorial - Bootleg Configurator  (Read 1844339 times)

vaccine.exe

• View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Bootleg Edit for the FFVII Remix 2.5.1
« Reply #200 on: 2011-09-07 20:45:01 »
Thanks guy!  ;D

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2011-09-08 04:35:57 »
DOWNLOAD Bootleg 0033 with BFE

New in Bootleg 0033:
    Added /Q Switch to Select Prelude Credits
    Added /X Switch to set Temporary Extraction Folder (Requires 16GB Free Space)
    Added Option to Disable Adding Scene Textures to Battle.lgp
    Added Menu Background - Simple
    Added Prelude Credit Mods: JordieBo's Opening Credits.rar, JordieBo's Opening Credits [DARK].rar, JordieBo's Opening Credits [GLOW].rar
    Added Barret Model: Custom HQ FF7 PC Barret battle-field model.rar
    Added Battle Graphics: magochocobo_ff7pack3.rar
    Added Millenia's Cloud Swords Manual Installer: 1272687090.rar
    Added Full Portrait Transparent Avatars
    Updated Stage 9 Textures
    +Fixed Installing Incorrect Opening and MKup Movies
    +Fixed Installing Incorrect Avatars
    +Fixed Crash if Missing Input
    +Fixed Crash with Outdated FF7Music
    +Fixed Crash After OpenGL Driver: ff7_opengl-0.7.11b.zip
    +Fixed Crash if Missing Mike's Models: Trish(aka Mike)'s custom model pack.7z
    +Fixed Crash if Missing Magochocobo's Battle Scenes LGP Version: Magochocobo Battle Scenes (lgp use).rar
    +Fixed Missing FF7Music Tracks
    +Fixed Stray sky_b.tex with Workaround

New Mods Assimilated:
magochocobo_ff7pack3.rar                        Magochocobo     Battle art enhancement as PNG Pack 3    Qhimm FILE
JordieBo's Opening Credits.rar                  JordieBo        Opening Credits                         Qhimm FILE
JordieBo's Opening Credits [DARK].rar           JordieBo        Opening Credits                         Qhimm FILE
JordieBo's Opening Credits [GLOW].rar           JordieBo        Opening Credits                         Qhimm FILE
1272687090.rar                                  Millenia        Cloud's Weapons                         Qhimm FILE
Custom HQ FF7 PC Barret battle-field model.rar  megaten         Barret Field Model                      Qhimm FILE
FF7anyCD DLL version.zip                        Kranmer         Any CD Loader                           Qhimm FILE

Now you can specify the location of the temporary folder where files are extracted.
I'm working on the rest of the requests.  Keep 'em coming!

syphus

« Reply #202 on: 2011-09-08 04:37:45 »
I am stuck at deglitching lighting. I have everything downloaded and i am running bootleg.exe as admin but it says it cannot find Field Files Pack 1.rar even though i have it in the folder and named exactly as it says. I checked the bootlog.log and it says it is searching for it in "" while all others it searches in the directory i have the mods and bootlog downloaded to. What can i do to fix?

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2011-09-08 04:51:35 »
Syphus,
Are you using Bootleg 0033?
There were errors in 0032 with missing input.

Run 'BFE.exe' to install Bootleg.

Always run BFE.exe to insure that Bootleg starts with the proper inputs.
Starting Bootleg via BFE.exe should remedy your problem.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2011-09-08 06:45:42 »
Crashes when it searches for Models.7z (I precise that I have it) and it simply shuts down. Here's the last line of the log :

Searching for "Models.7z" in "D:\FF7 Bootleg\Bootleg\"

Do you know what that is?

syphus

« Reply #205 on: 2011-09-08 09:20:11 »
tried the ver33 installer and when opening BFE.exe i get an unhandled exception error looking for credits00.jpg under mod_dir\pics\ - i can click continue but when going into the UI i get no options enabled by default and when selecting them from drop down menu i get same error looking for a different file. I got the bootleg.exe to run all the way down to Field Files Pack 1.rar with 0 errors but it still said missing even though the file is there, along with Magochocobo Battle Scenes (lgp use).rar1 (which downloaded without the .rar1 extension i added the 1 to make it .rar1 and will test install tomorrow) when it finished it did not show readme file. I went into the game and the graphics are looking much better i can see the textures updated and most of the 3d models but the resolution is locked on something small and making a box in the middle of my screen instead of going truely full screen. Im using a widescreen monitor that native resolution is 1600x900 and i have it set to 1280x800 in the .cfg file. I also noticed i am not getting any opening FMV sequences but i figure that is due to the resolution being locked on something tiny and having installed the HQ FMVs.

ATM i have completely uninstalled FF7 and deleted the folder in Program Files and plan to start over for the 4th or 5th time tomorrow with hopefully ideas from you on how to fix the resolution, i have old monitor capable of 1600x1200 but its CRT and would rather not use it unless i have to, i dont think this current monitor goes over 1600x900 so i think the lack of x968 is what is causing the resolution prob, other than that its just those missing files which would be textures, and the lack of FMV's even though i have them all downloaded and installed and ill have the bootleg up and running to help test, with my current save point at Corel Prison.

EDIT: Could not sleep so i went ahead and installed again , fresh install all the way through bootleg install and only had 1 error and that was with the Field Files Pack 1.rar as i was having before, it still says missing and i redownloaded from the links provided. I ran BFE.exe and was able to install with the brat code 0111111. I just continue through all error messages as they were for preview images as far as i can tell and not needed to do the actual install. The bootleg.exe installer ran to completion and this time gave options of setting my resolution as well as showing the readme after it finished. I ran the game at 1280x800 with no apparent issues other than a small black bar at bottom of screen, FMV's are there menu's look great most 3-d models look updated and the backgrounds as well.
Excellent job on this i will be recommending this to many of my friends i know are die hard FF fans. Also i did not install colored items during my installation is there anyway i can add that or do i have to reinstall all over again? they grey ones just are not doing it for me with all the beautiful mods applied so far.
« Last Edit: 2011-09-08 11:08:48 by syphus »

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2011-09-08 14:05:12 »
My bad!  I forgot to include the preview pictures in the archive.
I added the pics and uploaded Bootleg0033.zip again.
I apologize for the inconvenience.

DOWNLOAD BOOTLEG

EDIT:
Magochocobo Battle Scenes (lgp use).rar1 was a remnant from when I was debugging.  I fixed it to use .rar now.
I modified the Field Files section.  Hopefully the change fixes the missing Field Files Pack 1.rar error.
If you're also installing FacePalmer, you won't see much of a difference.

EDIT:
The colored items mod is inside Bootleg.exe.  There's no simple way to install it without rerunning Bootleg.
While Bootleg is running, you can find the necessary files in the temp folder within .\bootleg_setup\sprinkles.zip\
Unfortunately, the colored items from Avalanche do not work well with the Menu Overhaul.
The black bar at the bottom of battle scenes is a known issue with Menu Overhaul and should be fixed in an upcoming version.

I'll continue working to improve Bootleg.
Thanks for putting up with the bugs!
The input is invaluable.
« Last Edit: 2011-09-08 15:37:27 by PitBrat »

KenJura

• Paranoid Android
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2011-09-08 16:22:22 »
Okay so I have followed all the instructions to the letter. however when i run BFE the menu comes up, i can select my options and configure the paths but when I select the red button "run bootleg” nothing happens. (almost like its a dead button). If i dont run BFE.exe and instead run bootleg.exe  from the same folder it does run. 

Any ideas why BFE will not launch bootleg from the configuration menu?

Running in Windows 7 (32bit). All applications are being ran as administrator. All mods have been downloaded and are in the folder with BFE and bootleg.

Do I need to install FF7 and the 1.02 update before running BFE or bootleg? or is there anything else that needs to be installed pre bootleg, such as Remix or Avalanche?

BTW Thanks so much for this thread it has already been a HUGE help so far!

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2011-09-08 16:46:25 »
Only vanilla FF7 needs to be in. Nothing else.

syphus

« Reply #209 on: 2011-09-08 18:44:13 »
Okay so I have followed all the instructions to the letter. however when i run BFE the menu comes up, i can select my options and configure the paths but when I select the red button "run bootleg” nothing happens. (almost like its a dead button). If i dont run BFE.exe and instead run bootleg.exe  from the same folder it does run. 

Any ideas why BFE will not launch bootleg from the configuration menu?

Running in Windows 7 (32bit). All applications are being ran as administrator. All mods have been downloaded and are in the folder with BFE and bootleg.

Do I need to install FF7 and the 1.02 update before running BFE or bootleg? or is there anything else that needs to be installed pre bootleg, such as Remix or Avalanche?

BTW Thanks so much for this thread it has already been a HUGE help so far!

this is what i have done step by step to install -

install FF7 from disk using maximum install option - goto ff7 folder select all and right click -> send to -> compressed .zip folder -
move the file created to the folder you have bootleg and all of your mods downloaded to - then just run BFE.exe and in the slot for FF7 install Image browse to the file you just created. Select your options and hit red bootleg button and it should work except for the errors he knows about and is working to fix or has already.

In previous threads i read that you needed run FF7 once before installing anything else but with bootleg its not the case. Just install DONT TOUCH and run bfe.exe . This is by far the easiest install of all mods but the trick is having ALL mods downloaded and named correctly and having an untouched fresh install of FF7.

syphus

« Reply #210 on: 2011-09-08 20:00:47 »

I'll continue working to improve Bootleg.
Thanks for putting up with the bugs!
The input is invaluable.

still missing the field files pack 1.rar other than that everything works perfect.

UGerstl

• Analyst and Backup-Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2011-09-08 20:03:44 »
Hi syphus and KenJura,

• Install the english version of Final Fantasy 7 and choose the Maximum installation.

• Optional: You can now compress your FF7 folder, so the re-installation goes faster
                    by selecting the "FF7 install image" option in BFE.exe.

Important: Don't move the files into your archive !

• Be sure you are an Administrator or you have changed BFE.exe and Bootleg.exe to run
    as Administrator.

Right click on BFE.exe/Bootleg.exe, choose Properties, go to the Compatibility tab and
       check "Run this program as an administrator".

• If you are running Windows XP, Service Pack 2 or newer is required.
    If you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7, turn UAC off.

• Run BFE.exe (GUI for Bootleg) and select what you like.

• Hit the big red "Run Bootleg" button.
    (Hint: afterwards minimize the GUI to the taskbar)

• Now the real installer is running.
    Sometimes you will be asked about special adjustment's, so be prepared and don't go away.

• At the end, you have a perfect installation.
    (hopefully, because WIP)

vaccine.exe

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2011-09-09 10:32:29 »
So I got everything dl'd and using method described by syphus all went perfect and it looks amazing!. No eidos movie at start though but ill test to see if I messed something up.

Im on Vista 32 (laptop), bit of mucking around with USB keyboard to customise controls to laptop so im wondering if it would be relevant/possible to have an option to either default to laptop or numpad depending on platform installation? Maybe a "auto detect > auto select/manual select ff7input installation"

Otherwise thanks! and now im ready to start actually playing this beast  ;D

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2011-09-09 10:51:52 »
I dont see why it couldnt be a selection. All it is is a different ff7input file for the laptop patch.

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2011-09-09 14:21:59 »
Wow,
I hope I've finally tracked down the missing field files bug.  I think it was related to a missing or not installed video file.
This could potentially cause crashes in other areas of Bootleg.
The error does not occur if every single mod file is in the mods folder and Bootleg starts with the default setting.
I'm not sure which missing file(s) cause the bug.  It could also be related to the setup selection.
I've not been able to recreate the error on my system, so I won't know for sure if the fix works until the next release.

For the issue with the Run Bootleg button not working, make sure that Bootleg hasn't started in the background.
I've moved the administrator manifest to Bootleg.exe.  That should fix the problem.
This could also be an issue with virus scanning software.

I added an option to install the laptop keyboard configuration.

The Eidos logo is a separate download.  Place the file in the mods folder.  Do not alter the name.
eidoslogo.avi                                   Xion999         Eidos Logo from FFVIII                  Qhimm FILE

KenJura

• Paranoid Android
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2011-09-09 15:49:22 »
Cheers Ugerstl & Pitbrat! Turning UAC off did the trick and everything ran smoothly once I got it going. Game looks absolutely fantastic!

BTW is there a way i can disable the custom sound effects (or at least the battle sound effects) that were built in. So far I love all the mods but these kinda sound cheesy to me. Wondering if there is a way to disable it and use the tried and true sound effects.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2011-09-09 15:52:29 »
Hey Pitbrat i habe installed and used this for my ff7 remix a month ago an also installed ff7 on my fairly old computer without remix can i still use it? Thanks

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2011-09-09 16:21:59 »
Kenjura, you can disable the new sound effects at the time of install.  When you run BFE, there's an option to disable the New SoundFX on the left under Game Options.

E1Sunz, Bootleg should work on any computer that can run FF7 with Aali's OpenGL driver.  Bootleg needs the Remix setup files in order to install all of the PRP field models.  The Remix itself is not actually installed.  Bootleg only uses the models and mp3's from Remix.

vaccine.exe

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2011-09-09 22:04:19 »
Interesting accidental development, I installed FF7 and Bootleg on my main PC this morning (8Gb ram and i5 2500K chewed that sh*t up, 13mins ~flex~). I compressed FF7 install files but I misread install method and did not move .zip to mod folder so bootleg aborted and deleted everything lol leaving only C:/Program files (x86)/Sqaure Soft inc/FF7 and FF7.BAK folders both of which were empty. With no folders I of course could not uninstall and start again.

However I had luckily still kept my FF7.zip from my laptop install copied this over into main PC's mod folder and away it went. So leaves the question to facilitate an even easier install why not have an FF7.zip as a necessary bootleg install folder and remove the FF7 path from bootleg and have it autorun it? I assume this is possible because it obviously does not need to be a FF7.zip created from the users install.

(Edit)
Provided that user has a FRESH UNTOUCHED install.
« Last Edit: 2011-09-09 22:19:30 by vaccine.exe »

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2011-09-10 20:31:25 »
If you have the FF7.zip image, there's really no need to install FF7 before running Bootleg.
The FF7 path option is still necessary to direct Bootleg where to install FF7.
You can install to nearly any folder now.  Installing to the default location is no longer necessary.

I haven't tried, but I thought it would be an interesting experiment to extract 'Final_Fantasy_VII_Remix_v2-5-1_Installer.exe' with unrar, create an image with those files and use it to install Bootleg without ever installing FF7.  I know there would be quite a few glitches, but I'd like to know if it results in something playable.  Of course, that might create some legal complications, so it's best left untested.  We need the Remix around until we get APZ's new Cloud model and a better package of field models.

I have a field models pack that contain these models: PRP, PRP addon, Squallff8, Dahfa, my Squallff8 fixes, my face texture fixes.
I doubt I could ever get approval to release it.  But installing Bootleg recreates it.

I have a new build of Bootleg.  I just need someone to test the missing field files fix before I release anything!
Volunteers should message me . . .

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2011-09-11 18:27:03 »
PitBrat, just a thought here.

Since you're gathering all the mods and the database is getting huge in data size, you could also select a mod that in your opinion would be the best improvement for each category. I mean, somewhat like "Remake" bootleg where you would merge all the mods for a revamped  FF7.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2011-09-11 23:23:10 »
Cannot install to any folder with special characters such as é è á à et cetera. Also for no special reason UnRAR for FacePalmer did not work anymore on spaced paths. It did before, but now it doesn't.
« Last Edit: 2011-09-11 23:24:42 by Vgr »

vaccine.exe

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2011-09-12 09:38:46 »
Is there a fix to correct that black bar when you enter a battle?

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2011-09-12 19:34:37 »
I thought I was the only one to have this issue... Fine, I'll talk with Aali and try to make a fix. That is, once I get home :P

vaccine.exe

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2011-09-12 22:49:52 »
Excellent! Im sure I read somewhere in this Tut or atleast on this site about it but I was to lazy to look  ;D