Author Topic: Questions abou Controllers and Steam  (Read 1441 times)

OMGmyheart

• View Profile
Questions abou Controllers and Steam
« on: 2020-09-14 19:56:12 »
Okay so I bought the game on steam, and installed 7th heaven. Got my mods, all was good. I'm running a Lenovo Legion PC with Windows 10.

So far, my process has been: 
1. open 7th heaven app
2. make sure the mods I want are switched on
3. hit "play"
4. play the game

this works!  HOWEVER

I really would love to use a PS4 controller. I have it set up with DS4Windows. If I start the game through steam, I can use the controller fine.  But of course, I'm not getting my mods.

I have two questions:

1. Can I open the game in Steam and still run the mods and 7th heaven? (or do they run completely separate)
2. If the answer to #1 is no, then how do I use a controller with 7th heaven? I installed the mod ESUI Controller Addon but I don't see what it does.

Thanks for your help!

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Questions abou Controllers and Steam
« Reply #1 on: 2020-11-13 13:45:06 »
The controller should work on the latest 7th heaven app.

If you want to use the controller addon, it doesnt specifically enable the use of controller,s but rather it replaces text prompt such as [OK] with a button icon, you will need to use Enhanced Stock UI if using the controller addon.

New threat now also includes controller icons, so dont use the controller addon if you play new threat, the controller addon is designed for use with the vanilla gameplay.

If your controller doesnt work at all, then the controller addon wont fix that, if it doesnt work, try disabling ds4windows before launching the game with 7th heaven.