Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4837244 times)

chewitt12

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #7900 on: 2019-05-27 21:19:32 »
I'm sure this has probably been brought up before but I'm having trouble obtaining certain items needed to make each respective characters 'ultimate weapons', and when I say trouble I don't mean through lack of trying, see I'm working up against this 'cheat sheet' if you will, which tells me what item/materia/weapon is where, who to kill, all the side quests, and all that, however the problem I have is the sheet isn't exactly true to what I'm playing, whether my version of NT is newer/older than the sheet (my guess is newer) I don't fully know, for example:

The first ultimate weapon I tried for first was naturally the Conformer, for obvious reasons. On the cheat sheet it reads:

Magic Shuriken: Dragon Zombie, Drop

Rising Sun: Gelnika

Oritsuru: Zombie Dragon, Morph

Conformer: Crafted

However, In game is says that I require Magic shuriken, Oritsuru and 7777 needles. This was fine because I already had the 7777 needles for a previous battle, but that was only my first problem, upon arriving to the Northern crater, I went to go battle with the zombie dragon to get the Magic shuriken and the Oritsuru, getting the Magic shuriken was fine because all I had to do was defeat the dragon, however the problem came when I tried to obtain the Oritsuru by morphing the dragon, I did it, I defeated the dragon by morphing it, but instead of doing the morph animation it just did the normal death animation, meaning I did not receive the Oritsuru, this left me super frustrated so I tried once more to no avail, I ended up spawning one in with Black chocobo which I actually hated doing, really made it feel like I didn't earn it at all, and the same thing happened when I was going for the Venus gospel for Cid and tried to get the spirit lance by morphing the crater dragon, likewise I had to spawn that in too.

I've since tried to go for Aerith's ultimate weapon Princess Guard, which unlike the cheat sheet says I need Gospel spark instead of guard stick, however on the cheat sheet it says that the Gospel spark can be found at the battle square with no further clues on how else to get it, special battle? silver/gold/platinum battle? I don't know.

Finally to my surprise, the sheet doesn't actually have mime on it... like anywhere, I know it's in the game, or was before in a previous NT version because I've seen people use it, or has it been removed?

Fantastic mod so far though, I've sunk in just under 77 hours.
« Last Edit: 2019-05-27 21:22:04 by chewitt12 »

Idubaren

• View Profile
« Reply #7901 on: 2019-05-27 21:30:39 »
oh well then that's perfect since the blue color looked a bit weird :) I'll keep checking if there are more issues along the walkthrough

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7902 on: 2019-05-27 23:06:37 »
I'm sure this has probably been brought up before but I'm having trouble obtaining certain items needed to make each respective characters 'ultimate weapons', and when I say trouble I don't mean through lack of trying, see I'm working up against this 'cheat sheet' if you will, which tells me what item/materia/weapon is where, who to kill, all the side quests, and all that, however the problem I have is the sheet isn't exactly true to what I'm playing, whether my version of NT is newer/older than the sheet (my guess is newer) I don't fully know, for example:

The first ultimate weapon I tried for first was naturally the Conformer, for obvious reasons. On the cheat sheet it reads:

Magic Shuriken: Dragon Zombie, Drop

Rising Sun: Gelnika

Oritsuru: Zombie Dragon, Morph

Conformer: Crafted

However, In game is says that I require Magic shuriken, Oritsuru and 7777 needles. This was fine because I already had the 7777 needles for a previous battle, but that was only my first problem, upon arriving to the Northern crater, I went to go battle with the zombie dragon to get the Magic shuriken and the Oritsuru, getting the Magic shuriken was fine because all I had to do was defeat the dragon, however the problem came when I tried to obtain the Oritsuru by morphing the dragon, I did it, I defeated the dragon by morphing it, but instead of doing the morph animation it just did the normal death animation, meaning I did not receive the Oritsuru, this left me super frustrated so I tried once more to no avail, I ended up spawning one in with Black chocobo which I actually hated doing, really made it feel like I didn't earn it at all, and the same thing happened when I was going for the Venus gospel for Cid and tried to get the spirit lance by morphing the crater dragon, likewise I had to spawn that in too.

I've since tried to go for Aerith's ultimate weapon Princess Guard, which unlike the cheat sheet says I need Gospel spark instead of guard stick, however on the cheat sheet it says that the Gospel spark can be found at the battle square with no further clues on how else to get it, special battle? silver/gold/platinum battle? I don't know.

Finally to my surprise, the sheet doesn't actually have mime on it... like anywhere, I know it's in the game, or was before in a previous NT version because I've seen people use it, or has it been removed?

Fantastic mod so far though, I've sunk in just under 77 hours.

An issue has been multiple versions floating around with changes being made incrementally. Also, the documentation has slowly become more and more out of date.

On the current 1.5 files, Dragon Zombie carries and morphs into a Dragon Armlet, with a Dragon Fang steal, with the Oritsuru and Magic Shuriken being drop/steal on Christopher in the North Crater.

Have you been playing on the catalog IRO (v1.4) by any chance? There are very likely to have been changes made to the item lists on enemies since then.

As for Gospel Spark, that should be carried by the Gold Match opponent as a 100% drop but in 1.4 it might also be available by buying the mystery prize using BP. There was a time when it selected a random set of items but was then changed to a fixed set of items; not sure where that 1.4 build falls with that. In the latest 1.5 build it can be acquired from the left-up path in Crater and from Wutai when turning in the flyers but I don't think those were in 1.4.

Mime should be the yellow materia cave pick-up in all versions.

Let me know which version you're on (date when you downloaded it and whether it's regular installer or a catalog IRO) and I can try to get a proper list together for you. If you are on 1.4, I'd recommend against updating to the 1.5 builds as it may break some sidequest triggers.

Lunatic High

• Some people you meet, others you don't.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7903 on: 2019-05-27 23:52:40 »
I've got a question about Enemy Skills. In the documentation it says there's a new skill, Alpha, that you get from the Midgar Zolom. Beta is still listed, which I have, but I can't seem to get this Alpha skill from the Zolom because it's still using Beta. Or is there another "Midgar Zolom" somewhere, because I know the one in the marsh is called "Alpha Zolom."

chewitt12

• View Profile
« Reply #7904 on: 2019-05-28 00:21:13 »
An issue has been multiple versions floating around with changes being made incrementally. Also, the documentation has slowly become more and more out of date.

On the current 1.5 files, Dragon Zombie carries and morphs into a Dragon Armlet, with a Dragon Fang steal, with the Oritsuru and Magic Shuriken being drop/steal on Christopher in the North Crater.

Have you been playing on the catalog IRO (v1.4) by any chance? There are very likely to have been changes made to the item lists on enemies since then.

As for Gospel Spark, that should be carried by the Gold Match opponent as a 100% drop but in 1.4 it might also be available by buying the mystery prize using BP. There was a time when it selected a random set of items but was then changed to a fixed set of items; not sure where that 1.4 build falls with that. In the latest 1.5 build it can be acquired from the left-up path in Crater and from Wutai when turning in the flyers but I don't think those were in 1.4.

Mime should be the yellow materia cave pick-up in all versions.

Let me know which version you're on (date when you downloaded it and whether it's regular installer or a catalog IRO) and I can try to get a proper list together for you. If you are on 1.4, I'd recommend against updating to the 1.5 builds as it may break some sidequest triggers.

I could very well be on 1.4, not quite sure how to check that to be honest, must've been longer than a year ago since I downloaded it, didn't even think to remember the version XD. I can't quite remember what I got for completing the gold match, evidently it was not the Gospel spark, I also tried for the mystery prize as well and got 3x of 3 random rare items.

I also just did the Yellow materia cave and got mime, I thought I did it but I clearly didn't, must've slipped my mind or something.

If I know me, and there was a choice between an installer and whatever the other one is, I would've most likely gone the easier route and choose the former. As for what version like I've said previously I don't have a clue unfortunately, if you know a way to check that that'd be cool.

Jonesin4Rock

• View Profile
« Reply #7905 on: 2019-05-28 05:53:01 »
Is there a list of items/weapons/armor and their changes in a new threat,   to see what enemies are actually useful to steal/morph for?    Spent hours looking online and found nothing,   I have the documentation for steal/morph/drops but it doesn't give an item description...

chewitt12

• View Profile
« Reply #7906 on: 2019-05-28 10:15:37 »
Is there a list of items/weapons/armor and their changes in a new threat,   to see what enemies are actually useful to steal/morph for?    Spent hours looking online and found nothing,   I have the documentation for steal/morph/drops but it doesn't give an item description...

I have one but it seems to be quite outdated.

https://pastebin.com/eR8JtMuR

circle

• View Profile
« Reply #7907 on: 2019-05-28 17:16:55 »
Hi Sega Chief. I'm playing New Threat for the first time and really enjoying the changes you've made. However, I've got a bit stuck on the boss with two heads at Gaea's Cliffs. Any tips for beating him? I'm using haste, barrier and mbarrier - ALL and casting slow on the boss, but eventually he seems to speed up and use powerful attacks that hit all characters, often two or three times in a row and then again quickly afterwards. I'm using Cloud and Aerith as mages and Vincent to attack the physical head and I can damage him fine, but I can't make my party survive

chewitt12

• View Profile
« Reply #7908 on: 2019-05-28 17:29:25 »
Trying righ now to get Cids L4 limit, went to his house to talk to Shera, she told me to talk to the technician outside on the Bronco, spoke to the guy and he's asking for a targeting system or something, from a Shinra weapon or something, couldn't speak to him again after that.

Syableman

• View Profile
« Reply #7909 on: 2019-05-28 20:22:44 »
I've encountered a strange issue with the sources: In the new 1.5 version I'm getting sources in groups of 5, but they're still giving 5 points each. A quick search on this forum showed that people were having the exact opposite problem a year back with the old system. The solution was to use the "emergency EXE files" after doing this, the sources were giving one point like they should, but the game crashes on every battle, giving me the "an unknown exception has occurred" message. This is on a brand new install of NT on the Steam version, not a 1.4 updated to 1.5, so I have no idea why this would happen.

Jonesin4Rock

• View Profile
« Reply #7910 on: 2019-05-28 22:30:12 »
I have one but it seems to be quite outdated.

https://pastebin.com/eR8JtMuR

That list comes with the mod,   I'm looking for item descriptions,   not just a list

Lunatic High

• View Profile
« Reply #7911 on: 2019-05-28 23:18:08 »
That list comes with the mod,   I'm looking for item descriptions,   not just a list
Well, you could try using WallMarket (you'll need the MediaFire mirror). It will show all items/equipment and lists their in-game descriptions and detailed usage info.

« Last Edit: 2019-05-28 23:30:38 by Lunatic High »

kamekaz3

• View Profile
« Reply #7912 on: 2019-05-29 05:32:05 »
I'm getting soft locked at the first screen in dark cave after Barret says "the others ain't here."
Cloud seems as if he turns to barret but nothing else happens. I can't move or access anything but the game itself isn't frozen.

Jonesin4Rock

• View Profile
« Reply #7913 on: 2019-05-29 05:37:57 »
Well, you could try using WallMarket (you'll need the MediaFire mirror). It will show all items/equipment and lists their in-game descriptions and detailed usage info.

How do I make it show New Threat items?    Only seems to show vanilla items

Lunatic High

• View Profile
« Reply #7914 on: 2019-05-29 10:01:16 »
When you open it, load the kernel.bin from Final Fantasy VII/data/lang-en/kernel and make sure you've clicked the PC button on the bottom left of the WallMarket program. You might be using the PSX side.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7915 on: 2019-05-29 10:33:48 »
I've got a question about Enemy Skills. In the documentation it says there's a new skill, Alpha, that you get from the Midgar Zolom. Beta is still listed, which I have, but I can't seem to get this Alpha skill from the Zolom because it's still using Beta. Or is there another "Midgar Zolom" somewhere, because I know the one in the marsh is called "Alpha Zolom."

Alpha was removed I think, Zolom uses Beta now.

I could very well be on 1.4, not quite sure how to check that to be honest, must've been longer than a year ago since I downloaded it, didn't even think to remember the version XD. I can't quite remember what I got for completing the gold match, evidently it was not the Gospel spark, I also tried for the mystery prize as well and got 3x of 3 random rare items.

I also just did the Yellow materia cave and got mime, I thought I did it but I clearly didn't, must've slipped my mind or something.

If I know me, and there was a choice between an installer and whatever the other one is, I would've most likely gone the easier route and choose the former. As for what version like I've said previously I don't have a clue unfortunately, if you know a way to check that that'd be cool.

That sucks it doesn't drop sparks, it must have changed since then. When starting a new game it should list the version number during the text boxes, but that being said 1.4 might not even have the difficulty mode selection so it might not.

Hi Sega Chief. I'm playing New Threat for the first time and really enjoying the changes you've made. However, I've got a bit stuck on the boss with two heads at Gaea's Cliffs. Any tips for beating him? I'm using haste, barrier and mbarrier - ALL and casting slow on the boss, but eventually he seems to speed up and use powerful attacks that hit all characters, often two or three times in a row and then again quickly afterwards. I'm using Cloud and Aerith as mages and Vincent to attack the physical head and I can damage him fine, but I can't make my party survive

When a head dies, the other becomes more aggressive if I remember right. Also, both heads will use a counter-attack (the move where they stamp their feet) after they've been hit a certain number of times (4 for one head, 5 for the other) so keep that in mind when attacking; those counters coming out at the wrong time may be what's killing you. Try attacking a head and count the number of times you hit it before the counter triggers; some of the counter-attacks are elemental as well, so you can add some protection for it. I don't think Slow works on this particular boss due to it being multi-part (would cause animation desynch). Haste also wears your own barriers out faster so be careful with using it.

One possible route is to weaken both heads before killing one, that shortens the time you're dealing with an aggressive head. You should also try to have a dedicated physical attacker and a magic user so you can deal with both heads a bit more effectively as one is immune to physicals and the other to magic attacks. If the fight is dragging on, consider bringing in Red XIII to make use of his innate which makes him stronger over time (up to +50 Str/Mag) or Cait Sith who passively regenerates MP. Both heads should also be Sensed for weaknesses and the help bar turned on (select/assist button) to keep track of their HP.

Trying righ now to get Cids L4 limit, went to his house to talk to Shera, she told me to talk to the technician outside on the Bronco, spoke to the guy and he's asking for a targeting system or something, from a Shinra weapon or something, couldn't speak to him again after that.

The flow for it on 1.5 is: talk to the dude on the bronco, head for Wall Market (Cid must be party leader) and examine the automated shop terminal, fight, then go to the Gongaga Reactor and win the fight there, then return to the back yard of the bronco to return the item.

I've encountered a strange issue with the sources: In the new 1.5 version I'm getting sources in groups of 5, but they're still giving 5 points each. A quick search on this forum showed that people were having the exact opposite problem a year back with the old system. The solution was to use the "emergency EXE files" after doing this, the sources were giving one point like they should, but the game crashes on every battle, giving me the "an unknown exception has occurred" message. This is on a brand new install of NT on the Steam version, not a 1.4 updated to 1.5, so I have no idea why this would happen.

Best thing to do is delete the ff7 folder then uninstall through Steam (for clean reinstall; save files should be safe in mydocuments but grab a backup of them just in case). Reinstall the game, preferably in a location outside of program folders. Then after the reinstall, you'll have a default ff7_en.exe. Reinstall the mod (don't use any of the emergency .exes) and it should be good to go.

I'm getting soft locked at the first screen in dark cave after Barret says "the others ain't here."
Cloud seems as if he turns to barret but nothing else happens. I can't move or access anything but the game itself isn't frozen.

I think there's a bug associated where if other mods are installed that scene breaks; that field screen has something going on with it. If only NT is running then it should work.

You need to target the patched kernel with it. For FF7 Steam, this is actually in ff7/data/lang-en/kernel. For 1998 it's just ff7/data/kernel. If it's 7H though then the files aren't actually patched except at run-time, so you'll need to unpack the IRO using 7th heaven to find the kernel used for the mod.

Kakaiyuu

• View Profile
« Reply #7916 on: 2019-05-29 11:55:57 »
Hi Sega!

Been really enjoying the New Threat Mod, and have got all the way up to where I'm collecting their limit breaks. I saw that someone else was having a problem getting Cid's final limit break, and to add to it, I can't seem to make Cid the party leader whilst in Midgar. For some reason even Vincent and Yuffie will be Party Leader above him. I've tried cycling through the characters and using BlackChocobo to make him the only person in the party, but it just shows up blank. Any help would be appreciated!

And again, really enjoying the mod!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7917 on: 2019-05-29 13:58:25 »
Hi Sega!

Been really enjoying the New Threat Mod, and have got all the way up to where I'm collecting their limit breaks. I saw that someone else was having a problem getting Cid's final limit break, and to add to it, I can't seem to make Cid the party leader whilst in Midgar. For some reason even Vincent and Yuffie will be Party Leader above him. I've tried cycling through the characters and using BlackChocobo to make him the only person in the party, but it just shows up blank. Any help would be appreciated!

And again, really enjoying the mod!

You need to go to do this through the party leader swap function; this becomes available after reaching the bottom of the North Crater and then returning (the point where the party reunites after splitting up and they hand you the items they found). After that, you can head to the Highwind's operation room and find a new technician NPC standing on the right-hand side of the room opposite the usual NPC. Swap party leader to Cid from there (Tifa can also be used as a party leader); you should now be navigating field screens as the chosen character. This will also show up on the world map, but only if Cloud or Tifa aren't in the party due to the way it determines what model to show there.

As for why the bottom of north crater and back again as a requirement, it was done that way originally for consistency's sake and ease of implementation; everything extra on Disc 3 used to unlock based on that condition as it set game moment to its highest possible value (1998) before the point of no return (at which time it becomes 1999).

kamekaz3

• View Profile
« Reply #7918 on: 2019-05-29 16:58:32 »
I'm having another issue in the dark cave.

Spoiler: show
I'm getting encounter errors with all the npc shinra troopers in the dark cave reactor ending the battle once an action takes place. I seriously thought it was the dark cave messing with my mind...or is it still? Lol. I don't have any other mods on.
Guard Scorpion battle was working correctly I think.

If it's just normal soldiers and they don't drop anything special I guess it's not a big deal. The dark cave is messing with my mind lol.

The soldiers where cloud jumps onto the train is working correctly, if they're meant to be the same soldiers as the beginning of the game (besides the elite soldiers, they're modified but seem to be working correctly).

Edit: It seemed to happen to the same type of troopers in the church.

Thanks for answering all my questions Chief, the mod has been fantastic.
« Last Edit: 2019-05-29 18:53:49 by kamekaz3 »

Kakaiyuu

• View Profile
« Reply #7919 on: 2019-05-29 19:26:36 »
You need to go to do this through the party leader swap function; this becomes available after reaching the bottom of the North Crater and then returning (the point where the party reunites after splitting up and they hand you the items they found). After that, you can head to the Highwind's operation room and find a new technician NPC standing on the right-hand side of the room opposite the usual NPC. Swap party leader to Cid from there (Tifa can also be used as a party leader); you should now be navigating field screens as the chosen character. This will also show up on the world map, but only if Cloud or Tifa aren't in the party due to the way it determines what model to show there.

As for why the bottom of north crater and back again as a requirement, it was done that way originally for consistency's sake and ease of implementation; everything extra on Disc 3 used to unlock based on that condition as it set game moment to its highest possible value (1998) before the point of no return (at which time it becomes 1999).

Thanks for this man. Another quick question, but where can I find Omni-Slash, I've pretty much done everything I can think of yet have still to find it!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7920 on: 2019-05-29 20:02:38 »
I'm having another issue in the dark cave.

I'm getting encounter errors with all the npc shinra troopers in the dark cave reactor ending the battle once an action takes place. I seriously thought it was the dark cave messing with my mind...or is it still? Lol. I don't have any other mods on.
Guard Scorpion battle was working correctly I think.

If it's just normal soldiers and they don't drop anything special I guess it's not a big deal. The dark cave is messing with my mind lol.

The soldiers where cloud jumps onto the train is working correctly, if they're meant to be the same soldiers as the beginning of the game (besides the elite soldiers, they're modified but seem to be working correctly).

Edit: It seemed to happen to the same type of troopers in the church.

Thanks for answering all my questions Chief, the mod has been fantastic.

Dark Cave is a bit buggy and if it feels rushed/incomplete it's because it is; I'm retiring it from the next big update and recycling the scripts for something else.

Thanks for this man. Another quick question, but where can I find Omni-Slash, I've pretty much done everything I can think of yet have still to find it!

It should be in the Zack flashback you get when revisiting the Shinra Mansion basement. If you've been through that scene and it wasn't dropped/obtained then let me know.

mkidd

• View Profile
« Reply #7921 on: 2019-05-29 20:22:54 »
Hello, I just did all of the fort condor battles and the final one did not give me Masamune. Did I do something wrong?

kayaa

• View Profile
« Reply #7922 on: 2019-05-29 22:12:24 »
Best thing to do is delete the ff7 folder then uninstall through Steam (for clean reinstall; save files should be safe in mydocuments but grab a backup of them just in case). Reinstall the game, preferably in a location outside of program folders. Then after the reinstall, you'll have a default ff7_en.exe. Reinstall the mod (don't use any of the emergency .exes) and it should be good to go.

Hi!
Big fan of this mod, loving it so far! Thanks for all your hard work.

Just being cheeky and jumping on this problem. I've just followed the steps above and still having the issue of sources giving +5. I'm running steam version, and I installed outside of Program Files. Although it is funny having some 255 stats at Rocket Town I'd quite like to go back to a normal run!  ;D Any additional help would be great, thanks in advance. 

Idubaren

• View Profile
« Reply #7923 on: 2019-05-29 22:55:00 »
hey  Sega, I've just reached to rank up Cloud a second time and for some reason Mr. Smiley says agin that Cloud is rank 1/8 insteda of 2/8, since it is only the second time I'll keep on going but just letting you know and I think someone else commented about this, gonna check if you offered a solution to it

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7924 on: 2019-05-29 22:57:04 »
Hello, I just did all of the fort condor battles and the final one did not give me Masamune. Did I do something wrong?

There's about 20 battles in all, and while an alert message + fort condor starts with enough gil to cover the ones that are still missable (the weapon raid has 4 consecutive which would have murdered the flow of that scene, Mideel also has one) some of them are still very easy to miss; there's a list of them here: https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Fort_Condor. Masamune can still be obtained from the weapon store by turning in items that are obtained from various places:

Yoshiyuki can be acquired from the Soldier M-Class (yellow ones) in Junon t-junction which leads to the elevator, where the siren is that can trigger Disc 2 encounters on Disc 1
The shards are acquired from Battle Square

Hi!
Big fan of this mod, loving it so far! Thanks for all your hard work.

Just being cheeky and jumping on this problem. I've just followed the steps above and still having the issue of sources giving +5. I'm running steam version, and I installed outside of Program Files. Although it is funny having some 255 stats at Rocket Town I'd quite like to go back to a normal run!  ;D Any additional help would be great, thanks in advance. 

I checked the installer exes again, and the ff7_en one had the source changes still. I repacked it all: https://mega.nz/#!LgMRQS6J!ay2EBr6RiNbSsCG67KtC10HWXDtm5J_SZQVQqje1Ivs
If issue still there, check in the folder for the emergency exe folder and use the one from there; you may need to unblock it though via right-click properties as it came from another computer.

hey  Sega, I've just reached to rank up Cloud a second time and for some reason Mr. Smiley says agin that Cloud is rank 1/8 insteda of 2/8, since it is only the second time I'll keep on going but just letting you know and I think someone else commented about this, gonna check if you offered a solution to it

There was a debug script in the flevel I was using to reset ranks to test that the new variable for setting source amount was working. It should be gone from the latest builds.