Final Fantasy 7 > WIP

[FF7PC]FF7 SYW V3, Battle, world map and fields with ERSGAN (WIP)

(1/17) > >>

satsuki:
Hello.
As you may have seen, i started some time ago an upscaling of FF7 using a mix of method around ESRGAN.
I posted in others post for helping and sharing but as i dont want to pollute theirs threads i start my own.

So far the filtering is complete but i'm doing a full game play to found bugs and optimise layering cut (doors, animations...) and try to find better upscaling/filtering option for screen witch are not good enouth.

Here's some ingame screens (some render better than others, as ff7 as not a consistant quality on all screen, but i tryed to find the best settings):

kennybones:
Jesus Christ!! Amazing work! Holy shit, we're gonna have a renaissance with background upscaling mods for FF7, 8 and 9! My body is ready!

BahamutSIN:
Awesome job. This makes the world of FFVII look alive again. :) And I can see details that I din't even notice before which is great.

Granfalloon:
There is some things that could benefit from a touch up here and there but overall it is seriously stunning. This is looking like an actual remaster which is blowing my mind, super exciting stuff!

satsuki:

--- Quote from: Granfalloon on 2019-01-10 19:54:18 ---There is some things that could benefit from a touch up here and there but overall it is seriously stunning. This is looking like an actual remaster which is blowing my mind, super exciting stuff!

--- End quote ---
Of course but the process is mainly automatic.
It already took me lots of time to make propers cut of layers, find the good filterings.... if i need to correct each screen to optimse it with gimp, it's take me about 15/30minutes per screen so about 200 hours to 300 hours again, + ingame tests... would be to long for the real game gain, on still picture default are clearly visible, not realy while playing game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version