Author Topic: Aali's driver [v 0.7.7] Help/Bugs/Suggestions  (Read 108466 times)

phongvm90

Re: Custom graphics driver for FF7/FF8
« Reply #50 on: 2010-04-16 08:28:50 »
hello Mr Aali, i am a new member of the forum and i've just awared of the mod for FF7 since 4 days ago. Well, it is incredible! I am now using the REmix-patcher v2.5.1 from Titeguy3 which is using your opengl driver v0.7.3b.

The game is running smoothy!

But, would you like doing me a favor? Because i'm a newbie (which means noob, as you know it), so if i want to update the driver frm 0.7.3b to your newest driver 0.7.7b without destroying the remix-patcher v2.5.1, what should i do?

And if it's ok, i would like to update your version with the speedhack version from kranmer.

P/s: i copied and replaced the 0.7.3b in the Remix-patcher with yours 0.7.7b and the game can not start. after the starting movie it show that "ff7.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." . I can't even acess to the new game/continue screen.

thank you a lot for your great work.

phongvm90 if you read a few posts back you will find this is a error with the latest version. all you need to do is fill your empty save slots up (if you have any saves just go to your FF7 save folder and make a few copys then rename them until all slots are filled)

Thank you Kranmer, I can play the game with your instruction now. But one more thing, the "original" remix-patcher v2.5.1 has a Ficedula music patch starts with the game, but after i copy Aali opengl driver 0.7.7b, these is no Ficedula music patch, only the speed hack of you appear. I wonder if the things happenned with the Ficedula patch also happen with other patch like limitBreak, choboco race patch, etc then the game may be broken in the future.

And now the game show a message : "libpng error: Read error" but still playable. I don't know what does it mean  :evil:

well in the file "ff7_opengl.cfg" if you open it with notepad you will see a line that says
#music_plugin = plugins/ff7music.fgp
on this line just remove the # so it says
music_plugin = plugins/ff7music.fgp
then save the file and that should (hopefully) enable it again.
also the chocobo patch is no longer needed (Aali's driver elimnates the need for chocobo patch and True motion codec) and the 9999 limit break and other patches are usually done on the EXE which Aali's driver doesnt touch so they should be fine.
Also i have never had the "libpng error" before so i cant help there, sorry.

EDIT- LoL looks like Goku7 beat me to it.

:'(

thank you for the guide, but the Ficedula music patch still not appear.
and about the errors, i got some more:

1- i got that libpng error every time i get to the world map (ie: after finish a battle)
2- i got another error when i put tifa into the team, each time i encounter a battle, the game prints a message :"error: could not read from file tifa.t09" - But still playable.
3- i got a deadly error at the time i reach junon (after jumping to the top of it with the help of Mr. dolphin), a movie about the highwind showed but in the middle of it , a message showed: "error: could not read from file E:\programs\Squaresoft, inc\Final Fantasy VII\Data\music\wind.wav" . The game was still playable after that but when i go to the "big elevator", it crashed! It should play the "junair_d.avi" instead of crashing, i think.

Please help me T_T

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2010-04-16 08:39:21 »
Hmm....perhaps some of the other files related to the remix-patch got lost, overwritten, or flat out corrupted?  Check to make sure your Textures folder and Mods folders are in order, as well as any other folders that the remix-patch added.

Secondly, (I'm probably overthinking this) the error in junon regarding "wind.wav" and FF7music might be soundcard related.....what output plugin is FF7music using, out_wav.dll?  I'm thinking that both FF7 and FF7music are fighting over who gets to use the wav device in that particular spot.
« Last Edit: 2010-04-16 08:47:46 by Goku7 »

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2010-04-16 08:41:27 »
hello Mr Aali, i am a new member of the forum and i've just awared of the mod for FF7 since 4 days ago. Well, it is incredible! I am now using the REmix-patcher v2.5.1 from Titeguy3 which is using your opengl driver v0.7.3b.

The game is running smoothy!

But, would you like doing me a favor? Because i'm a newbie (which means noob, as you know it), so if i want to update the driver frm 0.7.3b to your newest driver 0.7.7b without destroying the remix-patcher v2.5.1, what should i do?

And if it's ok, i would like to update your version with the speedhack version from kranmer.

P/s: i copied and replaced the 0.7.3b in the Remix-patcher with yours 0.7.7b and the game can not start. after the starting movie it show that "ff7.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." . I can't even acess to the new game/continue screen.

thank you a lot for your great work.

phongvm90 if you read a few posts back you will find this is a error with the latest version. all you need to do is fill your empty save slots up (if you have any saves just go to your FF7 save folder and make a few copys then rename them until all slots are filled)

Thank you Kranmer, I can play the game with your instruction now. But one more thing, the "original" remix-patcher v2.5.1 has a Ficedula music patch starts with the game, but after i copy Aali opengl driver 0.7.7b, these is no Ficedula music patch, only the speed hack of you appear. I wonder if the things happenned with the Ficedula patch also happen with other patch like limitBreak, choboco race patch, etc then the game may be broken in the future.

And now the game show a message : "libpng error: Read error" but still playable. I don't know what does it mean  :evil:

well in the file "ff7_opengl.cfg" if you open it with notepad you will see a line that says
#music_plugin = plugins/ff7music.fgp
on this line just remove the # so it says
music_plugin = plugins/ff7music.fgp
then save the file and that should (hopefully) enable it again.
also the chocobo patch is no longer needed (Aali's driver elimnates the need for chocobo patch and True motion codec) and the 9999 limit break and other patches are usually done on the EXE which Aali's driver doesnt touch so they should be fine.
Also i have never had the "libpng error" before so i cant help there, sorry.

EDIT- LoL looks like Goku7 beat me to it.

:'(

thank you for the guide, but the Ficedula music patch still not appear.
and about the errors, i got some more:

1- i got that libpng error every time i get to the world map (ie: after finish a battle)
2- i got another error when i put tifa into the team, each time i encounter a battle, the game prints a message :"error: could not read from file tifa.t09" - But still playable.
3- i got a deadly error at the time i reach junon (after jumping to the top of it with the help of Mr. dolphin), a movie about the highwind showed but in the middle of it , a message showed: "error: could not read from file E:\programs\Squaresoft, inc\Final Fantasy VII\Data\music\wind.wav" . The game was still playable after that but when i go to the "big elevator", it crashed! It should play the "junair_d.avi" instead of crashing, i think.

Please help me T_T

Did all these errors happen before you installed the latest version of Aali's driver ? (i mean when you first installed the remix patch did the same things happen)
Also if you could post your app.log it might be possible to help you more.

phongvm90

« Reply #53 on: 2010-04-16 09:25:53 »
Phew, now i found a way to make it through the crashing point. I went to the Ficedula folder and start the ff7music.exe . Then i pressed the button "Run ff7" and well, i now can pass the junair_d movie without any problem. But the error messages i mentioned above still appear (although the game is still playable but i think it's annoying).

I just copied the new opengl files in the download of Kranmer (the one with speed hack) and pasted it to the ff7 folder, let it replace any file it want. after that, i met those errors. May be the files of the opengl driver in remix-patch v2.5.1 was changed and those changes was replaced by the new "fresh" file of opengl v0.7.7b which i pasted into the ff7 folder.

But i don't know it's true or not, just guess.

I hope there will be no more freezing point in the future.

EDIT: those errors did not happen before i copy the new opengl driver

This is the content of my app.log:

INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.7b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: Intel Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family 2.1.0 - Build 8.15.10.2104
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 800x600, output resolution 800x600, internal resolution 1280x960
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
INFO: No errors.
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r21874, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Loading external library speedhack.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: E:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; rawvideo/null 364x353, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 0.066667, frames: 1
INFO: E:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\movies\sqlogo.avi; mpeg4/mp3 640x480, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 247.466667, frames: 3712
INFO: No errors.
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
-=-=[START OF WORLD MAP!!!]=-=-
ERROR: libpng error: Read Error
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE clf_lg.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE clf_lg.tim
stop_sound
cross play music: 0
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=4
WM_CLOSE
-=-=[END OF WORLD MAP!!!]=-=-
Field Quit
UNINITIALIZE DD
END UNINITIALIZE DD
« Last Edit: 2010-04-16 09:29:28 by phongvm90 »

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2010-04-16 09:31:38 »
Phew, now i found a way to make it through the crashing point. I went to the Ficedula folder and start the ff7music.exe . Then i pressed the button "Run ff7" and well, i now can pass the junair_d movie without any problem. But the error messages i mentioned above still appear (although the game is still playable but i think it's annoying).

I just copied the new opengl files in the download of Kranmer (the one with speed hack) and pasted it to the ff7 folder, let it replace any file it want. after that, i met those errors. May be the files of the opengl driver in remix-patch v2.5.1 was changed and those changes was replaced by the new "fresh" file of opengl v0.7.7b which i pasted into the ff7 folder.

hm. well the speedhack isnt fully tested so maybe you could try disabling it and seeing if the errors still happen to see if that is the cause.
also you could try going back to 0.7.3 (the one the remix patcher uses) to see what happens.

phongvm90

« Reply #55 on: 2010-04-17 07:38:57 »

hm. well the speedhack isnt fully tested so maybe you could try disabling it and seeing if the errors still happen to see if that is the cause.
also you could try going back to 0.7.3 (the one the remix patcher uses) to see what happens.

I think the problem is not the speed hack, because i tried disabling it and those error messages still appear! I tried back to the 0.7.3 (the one with v2.5.1 - i'd made a backup of it before update it into 0.7.7b+speedhack) and the game run well without error! May be you could try to install remix-patcher v2.5.1 on your machine and then update the opengl drive to 0.7.7b to see if any problems appears. You are an experienced developer so i think you could see the problem wider than me- a novice user  :cry:. And please post a solution if you find it out. Thank you alot.

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2010-04-17 09:28:31 »

I think the problem is not the speed hack, because i tried disabling it and those error messages still appear! I tried back to the 0.7.3 (the one with v2.5.1 - i'd made a backup of it before update it into 0.7.7b+speedhack) and the game run well without error! May be you could try to install remix-patcher v2.5.1 on your machine and then update the opengl drive to 0.7.7b to see if any problems appears. You are an experienced developer so i think you could see the problem wider than me- a novice user  :cry:. And please post a solution if you find it out. Thank you alot.

I already have the remix patch installed in 1 of my FF7 folders (i have 16 different FF7 folders for different mods and settings etc). I just ran it and noticed that the error happens even in the Remix patch (look at your app.log if you dont believe me). It looks like its a missing file, in the latest versions of Aali's driver the msg's show up to notify people have a file missing.
So basicly the error isnt caused by Aali's driver 0.7.7 it just notify's you of the missing file which the old version doesnt.
The only solution that comes to mind is either replace the missing file or make a request to Aali for a disable error msg feature.
« Last Edit: 2010-04-17 09:30:05 by kranmer »

d33eniz

• I am watching for you... but I can't find you...
    • View Profile
    • United ODC Corporation
« Reply #57 on: 2010-04-17 09:54:37 »
Hey Aali!

You said that the newer FF8 Custom Driver will support the German version of the game- I sent you the FF8 files long time ago- is the new version compatible with it now?

Colonel Ramsay

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2010-04-17 16:42:08 »
Bug Report

Me and Kranmer have discovered a bug in the game just before the battle with Dyne, there are numerous errors about not being able to open Wind.wav and then shortly afterwards a few dialogues before the battle, the game simply freezes up and crashes.

Corel Desert Save here (slot 4 I think):

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B1JH_wU1qqN4ZjMwZWQ0ODctYzZlMy00NjIzLTk0YWEtOGI3MzJkZjhlMTYw&hl=en

0.7.3 seems to play the scene properly.
« Last Edit: 2010-04-17 16:50:28 by Colonel Ramsay »

InuRa

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2010-04-17 17:01:41 »
It fails to load the wind right before the final battle too.
Probably just another small mistake when creating an awesome feature. ;)
« Last Edit: 2010-04-17 17:54:26 by InuRa »

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2010-04-17 20:18:19 »
Goku7:
Oops, that's not supposed to happen :P Will be fixed with 0.7.8b.

Colonel Ramsay:
The PC version was never limited to 30fps in the menus.

phongvm90, kranmer, Colonel Ramsay, InuRa:
0.7.7b was bound to have some problems with file access due to the improved direct mode feature, just keep reporting all of these errors and they'll be fixed for 0.7.8b.

d33eniz:
No new languages for FF8 yet, have patience, it's coming :-)

Colonel Ramsay

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2010-04-17 20:20:40 »
aali I know the menu on PC was always set to 60fps so was the credit screen but it is too fast.  It was originally designed for psx at speeds of 30fps.  The menu is too sensitive at times and that credit screen text is 2X the speed the PSX is set to...

ps, i think i was wrong before about the battle twirl...60fps seems to be fine...
« Last Edit: 2010-04-17 20:24:49 by Colonel Ramsay »

Dolraith

« Reply #62 on: 2010-04-18 07:23:00 »
Edit-Final: After a full day of digging and whatnot, I realised my original post was in the wrong place, as my troubles were with the Remix patch, and not with the opengl driver. Thus, with apologies all around (as promised) I move off into a diff thread. Nothing to see here anymore, and the mess is gone. Sorry for the trouble.
« Last Edit: 2010-04-19 02:49:29 by Dolraith »

Colonel Ramsay

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2010-04-22 02:31:41 »
OK aali, this is last time I am gonna bother you about this but there is also something you can maybe add in a patch for your driver?

1.  The PSX works to a set frequency as we know of 30 Hz (NTSC).  That is, that limits the speed of counters and movement.  In the playstation game, the credit screen runs at this speed, and because the PC has not been limited to 30fps in the same way battles are 15 and field is 30, we have a credit screen which is 2X as fast as it is supposed to be.

2.  The same thing applies to menu.  It was designed to be played at a frequency of 30hz , which is again now 60fps in PC and 2X as fast as it is supposed to be, resulting in slightly sensitive movement of the cursor.

Both of these need capping to 30fps to maintain how they were designed to be played.

and

006C49A3 : mov[00dc1314],00000014 < Address in memory and opcode

string c7 05 14 13 dc 00 14 00 00 00

exe address 002c3da9

This piece of data is the address of the limit manual window's counter and number of frames the dialogue box is to be displayed on  screen (hex 14, or 20 frames).

On PSX this means the dialogue box shows up for 20 frames/30 Hz seconds (2/3 of a second.  Which is still too fast).  But once again because the PC menu is now at 60fps this is 20 frames/60 fps seconds (1/3 of a second)

So we now have the dialogue (when you give a character his limit skill manual), going off way too fast to be able to read it.

Even with a menu of 30fps it is still too fast.  So my idea is to patch it.  (I have already patched my exe)  but your driver will probably alter memory?  006C49A3 : mov[00dc1314],00000014

I suggest using an opcode value of 70 if you plan to stick with 60fps menu or 35 if sticking to 30 fps menu.

« Last Edit: 2010-04-22 03:01:59 by Colonel Ramsay »

shinragriever

« Reply #64 on: 2010-04-22 19:22:05 »
I can't seem to make Aali's Opengl driver work properly.

What i've done so far is:

* Installed FFVII
    * Installed patch Final Fantasy VII V1.02
    * Aali's opengl driver and changed the ff7_opengl.cfg

Ive changed my screen to 1680x1050. Haven't changed anything else.
Game just freezes and windows says FF7.exe is not responding anymore.

if you need to know more let me know Smiley.
« Last Edit: 2010-04-22 22:03:23 by shinragriever »

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2010-04-22 19:58:58 »
Check your save files.  7.7b has a bug in which it'll crash if it doesn't see data in all the save slots.  Crazy, I know.

You'll want to go to your save directory and make copies of your existing save file, if any, and rename them in order from save00.ff7 to save09.ff7.  Now, the game can proceed without crashing.

shinragriever

« Reply #66 on: 2010-04-22 21:53:55 »
Check your save files.  7.7b has a bug in which it'll crash if it doesn't see data in all the save slots.  Crazy, I know.

You'll want to go to your save directory and make copies of your existing save file, if any, and rename them in order from save00.ff7 to save09.ff7.  Now, the game can proceed without crashing.

I've made saves on all my *.ff7 but nothing changed.

I also tried changing my resolution to 640x480, still crashed. My screen changed size thought.
« Last Edit: 2010-04-22 22:15:40 by shinragriever »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2010-04-23 02:39:31 »
Open FF7Config.exe and change the graphics to "Custom Driver"

shinragriever

« Reply #68 on: 2010-04-23 10:02:22 »

im not an idiot, ive done that

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2010-04-23 14:10:50 »

Since you're such a genius why don't you go ahead and figure out your problem for yourself smart guy?  Instead of "oh noes some1 plz help!!! heres hardly enuff enformacion 4 ne1 to help"

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2010-04-23 15:46:29 »

Post crash log would be your best option (after you've done what obesebear suggested). On a side note try not to snap at people who are try to help getting your play your game were only trying to help.

Colonel Ramsay

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2010-04-23 16:29:05 »

This is why we shouldn't bother answering and why I never bothered helping you.  What we need is a readme for newbies (a proper one with pictures etc), and if they can't read that or won't bother, they can f*** right off.

I listened to people here in order to get this working and spent a lot of my hours learning all about computers in my spare time, so that I rarely need to ask for help in the first place.  I would have responded with the same suggestion as obesebear, because you haven't given enough details, nor sent the log you are always asked to send.
« Last Edit: 2010-04-23 16:32:37 by Colonel Ramsay »

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2010-04-23 17:43:45 »

I don't think any insult was intended, shinragriever.

In tech support, there are two reasons the "dumb questions" are asked:

1. In case the problem really is something simple that got overlooked

2. To get up to speed on what you have and have not already done to fix the problem.

That's all. I doubt obesebear had anything else in mind than those two reasons when he asked that.

Anyway, it would help if you could post the app.log file that FF7 produces.  You'll find it in your main FF7 folder if you're running it by itself, or in the folder you installed FF7music into if you're running it from FF7music.

shoe

« Reply #73 on: 2010-04-25 03:41:44 »
Hey Aali could you check this error log for me.

Crash log,

• INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.7b
    INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce 8800 GTS 512/PCI/SSE2 3.2.0
    INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1368x768, output resolution 1368x768, internal resolution 1920x960
    INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
    INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r21874, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
    INFO: Loading external library speedhack.dll
    LOCK UNLOCK TEST
    MATRIX INITIALIZE
    INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
    initializing sound...
    creating dsound primary buffer
    reading audio file
    loading static sounds
    sound initialized
    INITIALIZING MIDI...
    selecting device 0:Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth, mid=1, pid=27,
    midi data type: GENERAL MIDI
    using midi data file: g:\pc game(s)\game(s)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\Data\midi\midi.lgp
    midiOutGetVolume returned: ffffffff
    MIDI INITIALIZED
    MIDI set volume: 127
    100% of 127 = 127
    MIDI set master volume: 100
    100% of 127 = 127
    Entering MAIN
    Exiting MAIN
    START OF CREDITS!!!
    INFO: E:\FF7\Movies\eidoslogo.avi; truemotion2/pcm_u8 320x240, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 10.133333, frames: 152
    set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
    MIDI set volume trans: 127->0; step=60
    MIDI stop - OK
    MIDI stop - OK
    END OF CREDITS!!!
    Entering MAIN
    100% of 127 = 127
    Exiting MAIN
    START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
    END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
    Entering MAIN
    Exiting MAIN
    Field Start
    MIDI play: 28
    reading midi file: AYASI.mid
    current volume: 127
    MIDI is playing SUCCESSFULLY!!!
    MIDI play: 6
    reading midi file: MAKORO.mid
    MIDI play: 28
    reading midi file: AYASI.mid
    MIDI play: 6
    reading midi file: MAKORO.mid
    Field Quit
    Entering MAIN
    MIDI play: 7
    reading midi file: BAT.mid
    Exiting MAIN
    Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
    Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
    Swirl sound_effect1
    stop_sound
    End of Swirl sound_effect1
    Entering FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
    Exitting FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
    Entering MAIN
    Exiting MAIN
    [BATTLE] Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE
    [BATTLE] Scene# 355
    [BATTLE] Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE
    ERROR: unhandled exception

This happens when I enter any random battle.  After applying the v0.7.7 OpenGL patch.
If you inquire any more info, please don't be hesitant to ask.

My system is:

Windows 7 64bit
3.6Ghz Quad Core
8800 GTS 512Mb
4Gb DDR2 Ram

shinragriever

« Reply #74 on: 2010-04-25 14:52:53 »

I don't think any insult was intended, shinragriever.

In tech support, there are two reasons the "dumb questions" are asked:

1. In case the problem really is something simple that got overlooked

2. To get up to speed on what you have and have not already done to fix the problem.

That's all. I doubt obesebear had anything else in mind than those two reasons when he asked that.

Anyway, it would help if you could post the app.log file that FF7 produces.  You'll find it in your main FF7 folder if you're running it by itself, or in the folder you installed FF7music into if you're running it from FF7music.

yes, I understand my apologies. I fixed the problem. had this error log.

INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.7b
INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce 9600 GT/PCI/SSE2/3DNOW! 3.2.0
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 640x480, output resolution 640x480, internal resolution 640x480
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: could not open file d:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\ff7input.cfg

so I renamed ff7_opengl.cfg to ff7input.cfg and it was fixed. thanks for trying to help tho