Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4910414 times)

Metsys

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.9)
« Reply #10125 on: 2020-08-09 04:20:28 »
I dont know if you know already but just in case
Spoiler: show
When fighting airbuster in story B in the nibel mountain, i had to fight it twice due to the model staying in the map. After beating it twice, the model dissapeared and i got twice SP bonus for it

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10126 on: 2020-08-09 04:31:37 »
Type B :

Since there's no fight against Materia Keeper, is there somewhere else we can get Trine before Crater Dragons? Unless the boss is elsewhere.

Godo's Beast form should use it, in addition to Aqualung.

I dont know if you know already but just in case
When fighting airbuster in story B in the nibel mountain, i had to fight it twice due to the model staying in the map. After beating it twice, the model dissapeared and i got twice SP bonus for it

Yep.

chimaerath

• View Profile
« Reply #10127 on: 2020-08-09 05:11:44 »
Aeris is able to equip the Scimitar, a spear for Cid.

LeOsTyLe

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.8)
« Reply #10128 on: 2020-08-09 06:19:23 »
Nice :) In terms of keeping the balance until the end of the game, increasing the enemy level probably makes sense. By decreasing the ammount of EXP, the lvl gap just keeps getting wider and wider. Hardcore players might enjoy that, but probably not most. No gil from enemies is interesting, but there would have to be some other way to earn it.

I believe the most simple option for 2.1 is to add "handicaps" instead of just a difficulty mode with predetermined conditions. Like this:
A toggle for 1.5x enemies.
A toggle for Half EXP.
A toggle for No Gil.

So far enjoying the mod! Thank you so much for your dedication.

The seperate Toogles is the way Dragon Quest 11 is handle this. Its called Draconian Quests. You can only activate it at begining of the game, but you always can turn it off when its to hard.
I would also prefer seperate toggle, Sega maybe you check the Dragonquests 11 Draconian Quests for Nintendo Switch for more Hard Mode ideas. E.g. there is one where you can not use Armors or Accesoirs.

By the way i thought 2.0 would be the last FF7 NT and Sega wanted to go for FF8.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10129 on: 2020-08-09 15:00:16 »
Aeris is able to equip the Scimitar, a spear for Cid.

Yeah, she can equip three of his spears and has had the weapon models added to her files for it; Scimitar, Spirit Lance (or Grow Lance, I forget which), and Venus Gospel.

The seperate Toogles is the way Dragon Quest 11 is handle this. Its called Draconian Quests. You can only activate it at begining of the game, but you always can turn it off when its to hard.
I would also prefer seperate toggle, Sega maybe you check the Dragonquests 11 Draconian Quests for Nintendo Switch for more Hard Mode ideas. E.g. there is one where you can not use Armors or Accesoirs.

By the way i thought 2.0 would be the last FF7 NT and Sega wanted to go for FF8.

I have DQ11 on the PS4 and know what they are; some planning would be needed.

chimaerath

• View Profile
« Reply #10130 on: 2020-08-09 15:37:22 »
Sorry if you already fixed this, but I only just remembered about this (from a while back, 2.0.4?).

There's an NPC in Midgar near the Church (I believe it's this NPC) who appears when you first enter the map (i.e. just after throwing barrels at recruiting Aeris). The dialogue referenced a later event even when the mentioned character was in my party.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10131 on: 2020-08-09 15:55:47 »
Sorry if you already fixed this, but I only just remembered about this (from a while back, 2.0.4?).

There's an NPC in Midgar near the Church (I believe it's this NPC) who appears when you first enter the map (i.e. just after throwing barrels at recruiting Aeris). The dialogue referenced a later event even when the mentioned character was in my party.

In his first dialogue, I think it's supposed to go across like this: He saw Aeris go into the church but didn't come out again, referencing your escape out through the roof and over the rooftops. He then calls the church haunted, which references the much later event where you spot a ghost/trick of the light when entering the church. I've since changed the dialogue though because it got reported as an oversight now and then.

gnollboll

• View Profile
« Reply #10132 on: 2020-08-09 21:16:39 »
Type B
After I manipulated the black dragon in the crater for Dragonforce it can only target Cloud(top character) and when I cast it it casts it on itself and the game softlocks

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10133 on: 2020-08-09 21:33:27 »
Type B
After I manipulated the black dragon in the crater for Dragonforce it can only target Cloud(top character) and when I cast it it casts it on itself and the game softlocks

I've got that one in my 2.0.10 patch, that'll be going up soon. Only thing is it's still locked to first party member as the target when using through manipulate.

Walker--1995

• View Profile
« Reply #10134 on: 2020-08-09 22:06:05 »
I've got that one in my 2.0.10 patch, that'll be going up soon. Only thing is it's still locked to first party member as the target when using through manipulate.
hey man I can’t get the PHS call at the bottom of the north crater to take on new content and side quests! They just go straight down towards the jenova fight, was this changed?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10135 on: 2020-08-09 22:50:20 »
hey man I can’t get the PHS call at the bottom of the north crater to take on new content and side quests! They just go straight down towards the jenova fight, was this changed?

Yeah it doesn't happen anymore; I think most stuff can be done as soon as you're on Disc 3; just the party leader swap needs it.

Walker--1995

• View Profile
« Reply #10136 on: 2020-08-09 22:56:13 »
Yeah it doesn't happen anymore; I think most stuff can be done as soon as you're on Disc 3; just the party leader swap needs it.
thanks man! I’ve been reloading and trying different things to try and trigger it, is there anything in the mod that explains what quests need to be done and a way to keep track of ones that I’ve done/ not done?

Schrödinger

• View Profile
« Reply #10137 on: 2020-08-09 23:37:42 »
Type B. Kalm right after Yuffie encounter. I can only find Tifa, Barret and Aerith hanging around in town. No signs of Nanaki or Yuffie. Don't know if it's a bug or intended.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10138 on: 2020-08-09 23:55:13 »
thanks man! I’ve been reloading and trying different things to try and trigger it, is there anything in the mod that explains what quests need to be done and a way to keep track of ones that I’ve done/ not done?

I'll write up a list and put it in the docs with the next patch.

Type B. Kalm right after Yuffie encounter. I can only find Tifa, Barret and Aerith hanging around in town. No signs of Nanaki or Yuffie. Don't know if it's a bug or intended.

I'll check it out, think they were available to talk to before the flashback event so I changed the appearance condition. Sounds like it's too far along now.

Schrödinger

• View Profile
« Reply #10139 on: 2020-08-10 00:34:34 »
I'll check it out, think they were available to talk to before the flashback event so I changed the appearance condition. Sounds like it's too far along now.

Before the flashback none of the characters appeared in town (they're immediately in the 2nd floor), so I went back to Kalm the first time I could (maybe I just dind't find them, where're nanaki yuffie supposed to be?)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10140 on: 2020-08-10 00:41:35 »
Before the flashback none of the characters appeared in town (they're immediately in the 2nd floor), so I went back to Kalm the first time I could (maybe I just dind't find them, where're nanaki yuffie supposed to be?)

Yeah they're not supposed to be visible until after the flashback. Red and Yuffie are upstairs in one of the houses on the left side of town.

Walker--1995

• View Profile
« Reply #10141 on: 2020-08-10 00:52:07 »
I'll write up a list and put it in the docs with the next patch.

thanks bud! It wasn’t really an issue for me as there’s only 9 characters but I was just wondering, thanks again for the amazing hard work and dedication you’ve put in, by far my favourite run I’ve had on final fantasy 7

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.10)
« Reply #10142 on: 2020-08-10 01:07:12 »
thanks bud! It wasn’t really an issue for me as there’s only 9 characters but I was just wondering, thanks again for the amazing hard work and dedication you’ve put in, by far my favourite run I’ve had on final fantasy 7

No worries.

Patch 2.0.10 is up:

v2.0.10 - 10/08/2020
*) Mt. Nibel: Boss could be fought twice due to a script conflict.
*) Battle Square: Dio appearing when not intended.
*) Temple of the Ancients: Battle ID for Type B boss corrected.
*) Land Worm: Was incorrectly targeting itself with a certain attack.
*) Icicle Inn: Snowboarding instructions had overlapping windows.
*) Dragon Force: Target flag prevented it from being used on party when attempting to learn it.
*) Crater Dragon: Trine had no animation set.
*) North Crater: 3 Save Points added to SP Upgrade Jump list & 1 Save Point on Left-Up Path was marked as hidden.
*) Documentation: Corrected error that reported 1/35 location as east cave instead of west cave.
*) Sea Worm: Attacks had incorrect base power.
*) Great Glacier: Wrong BattleID was corrected.
*) Steal Gil property was removed from some Type B enemies in Wall Market.
*) Priscilla's House: Collision deactivated with Priscilla as it obstructed obtaining the Slow Materia later in the game.
*) Kalm: Dog in the closet no longer deactivates player movement to prevent possible softlock (base game issue).
*) Cave of the Gi: A script jump was missing, meaning that the boss from Type B and Type A was being fought on Type B.
*) Shinra Mansion: Zack Flashback can now be triggered once Cloud returns to the party instead of Disc 3 only.
*) Gelnika: Turks reinstated for Type B.
*) Great Glacier: Variable was double-booked, preventing acquisition of a Materia here.
*) Great Glacier: Variable was double-booked, preventing acquisition of an item in North Crater.
*) Purple Materia Cave: Crash could occur as a variable decremented.
*) Nibelheim: Reassigned variable to handle Final Heaven (acquired when Tifa is party leader).
*) Kalm: Issue with Barret & Marlene's scripts.
*) Forgotten City: An event could trigger at an unintended time.
*) Fort Condor: Adjusted battle camera with Ultimate Weapon.
*) Weaponsmith: Dialogue boxes misaligned for Cloud.
*) Mustard Bomb: Changed Camera
*) Mideel: Dialogue box misaligned
*) Rocket Town: Collision disabled for two guards.
*) Temple of the Ancients: Dark Matter Key Item wasn't being acquired.
*) Drain Damage buffed to 25% of damage dealt
*) Osmose: Adjusted to deal 1/2 the target's MP as damage, draining 25% of damage dealt for the caster's MP.
*) Midgar Raid: Tweak to Turks scene so that screen is darkened/models set to invisible directly after the battle.
*) HP Shout: Removed from boss drop, can only be acquired through Wonder Square (Disc 3); documentation updated.
*) Elena: Midgar Raid appearance, AI adjusted to only use Turk Antidote once.
*) Reflect Materia: Issue where selling price was giving close to max gil for Master.

One thing there is the change to Drain and Osmose; attacks with the drain flag will now take roughly 25% or so of the damage dealt (HP and MP Absorb are exceptions, they still take the 10% that they did in base game).

Some tickets still to be dealt with:
*) If Wutai sidequest is skipped earlier in the game, the Pagoda will softlock when attempting to get through Yuffie's fight for Conformer. If anyone has encountered this, then I'd appreciate if they shoot me their save file so I can run tests against it.

*) Some Materia sell for less as mastered than the cumulative AP it takes to master them.

*) Mythril Mines: When playing straight through to the screen with the Turks from a certain point, and if certain unknown conditions are met, an unknown issue will cause the game to crash when attempting to load the field. This issue clears up if the game is reloaded either before the Mythril Mines are entered or after the crash occurs, and doesn't occur again.
« Last Edit: 2020-08-10 01:09:59 by Sega Chief »

Berub

• View Profile
« Reply #10143 on: 2020-08-10 01:39:39 »
Type B :
Satan's Gates are too close to the party, their head overlap.

Restore+All doesn't work with Regen.
« Last Edit: 2020-08-10 01:52:01 by Berub »

Metsys

• View Profile
« Reply #10144 on: 2020-08-10 02:34:12 »
Sorry for the simple and stupid question, but i dont seem to find a way to delete the IRO from 7th heaven to update it to 2.0.10. In the mod catalog i dont see a "delete iro" option or something. Do i have to uninstall the mod first?

Doll

• View Profile
« Reply #10145 on: 2020-08-10 02:52:19 »
Sorry for the simple and stupid question, but i dont seem to find a way to delete the IRO from 7th heaven to update it to 2.0.10. In the mod catalog i dont see a "delete iro" option or something. Do i have to uninstall the mod first?

In the my mods tab where all the stuff you have installed is, highlight new threat and then hit the trash can icon over on the right. then mosey over to browse catalog, find new threat there, and download/install it again.

chimaerath

• View Profile
« Reply #10146 on: 2020-08-10 03:08:36 »
I know you looked at the Nibelheim pianos, but I can't get past certain issues. Can you confirm that these are working as intended?

• For Tifa's piano, selecting "I forgot" brings up the text, but Cloud doesn't move and no sound is heard when keys are pressed. Background music still plays during this. (Selecting "I remember" shows Cloud moving, sound is heard, background music becomes silent, and the text appears, thank you for that.)
  • For Shinra Mansion's piano, I hear the sound even with no Cloud animation, but two keys behave oddly. Hitting the "Re [Switch]" or "Ti [PAGEUP/PAGEDOWN]+[MENU]" result in a brief white flash of the screen, and what sounds like a cancel (when you hit cancel in a menu); I can't hear the note associated with those keys. All other keys sound like they work.

Again, thank you for the great mod, and especially thank you for looking into all the issues that are brought up.

Aerodynamics

• View Profile
« Reply #10147 on: 2020-08-10 03:49:53 »
I have DQ11 on the PS4 and know what they are; some planning would be needed.

In the meantime, is there some way to keep the Gil and the Exp on Hard Mode as soon as possible? Mainly the Gil. Or at least reduce it.

The mod is great, hard mode provided just the right challenge on battles so far (still in midgar) ;D Very nice touches, like different damage /mp on spells.

Although not beeing able to buy gear/materia is frustrating and encounters feel unrewarding :-\ encounters mostly become a source of loosing hp and mp, so i avoid them as much as I can.

Thinking about starting a new game on 1.5 Arranged in the meantime due to this, although i don't want to miss the new stuff 2.0 has to offer.

« Last Edit: 2020-08-10 03:52:13 by Aerodynamics »

Metsys

• View Profile
« Reply #10148 on: 2020-08-10 04:01:43 »
In the my mods tab where all the stuff you have installed is, highlight new threat and then hit the trash can icon over on the right. then mosey over to browse catalog, find new threat there, and download/install it again.

Thanks man, so it was basically reinstall the mod.

By  the way, sega chief
That jenova life fight with zombie aerith was amazing. I dont know if this was your idea or not, but ive seen similar types of fights in other games like Breathe of fire 2, and man, i love that concept of having to hold back just to save someone. It was pretty well done, and how if she dies gives you great gospel, holy shit, thats rough, like her last breath. Amazing.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10149 on: 2020-08-10 04:22:27 »
Type B :
Satan's Gates are too close to the party, their head overlap.

Restore+All doesn't work with Regen.

I'll move them apart.

Regen not working with All is intended for balancing.

I know you looked at the Nibelheim pianos, but I can't get past certain issues. Can you confirm that these are working as intended?

• For Tifa's piano, selecting "I forgot" brings up the text, but Cloud doesn't move and no sound is heard when keys are pressed. Background music still plays during this. (Selecting "I remember" shows Cloud moving, sound is heard, background music becomes silent, and the text appears, thank you for that.)
  • For Shinra Mansion's piano, I hear the sound even with no Cloud animation, but two keys behave oddly. Hitting the "Re [Switch]" or "Ti [PAGEUP/PAGEDOWN]+[MENU]" result in a brief white flash of the screen, and what sounds like a cancel (when you hit cancel in a menu); I can't hear the note associated with those keys. All other keys sound like they work.

Again, thank you for the great mod, and especially thank you for looking into all the issues that are brought up.

The Shinra Mansion piano never did have animations for the character playing it, probably because of how the piano is placed; it has some missing keys which make playing the melody by ear a little trickier but hitting these 'dud' keys will still register as part of the code. The reason these keys are duds is part of one of the safe's clues:

'Dial 2: behind the ivory`s short of tea and ray.'

Tea and Ray probably refer to the musical notes 'Ti' and 'Re' which I think are missing from the piano (short of tea and ray). Ivory refers to the keys, as they used to be made out of strips of ivory.

As for the piano in Tifa's room, I wasn't able to replicate no animation from Cloud but didn't get Final Heaven when playing it as Tifa so I rectified that part. I think 'I forgot' part is so you can refamiliarise with the keys but will not accept the code/melody if played; it needs to be played via 'I remember'. And for NT, Tifa needs to be party leader to get Final Heaven (change this from Operation Room on Highwind, after getting to the bottom of North Crater and returning). I'll look into the not being able to play during the 'I forgot' option.

In the meantime, is there some way to keep the Gil and the Exp on Hard Mode as soon as possible? Mainly the Gil. Or at least reduce it.

The mod is great, hard mode provided just the right challenge on battles so far (still in midgar) ;D Very nice touches, like different damage /mp on spells.

Although not beeing able to buy gear/materia is frustrating and encounters feel unrewarding :-\ encounters mostly become a source of loosing hp and mp, so i avoid them as much as I can.

Thinking about starting a new game on 1.5 Arranged in the meantime due to this, although i don't want to miss the new stuff 2.0 has to offer.

It's a heavy amount of work due to the volume of AI groups that need to be changed. I'll probably experiment with something in the kernel AI if I can make it fit in there as it would be much more efficient to maintain if so. An alteration won't be made until a 2.1 swings around (which would be a content update adding things to the mod).

Thanks man, so it was basically reinstall the mod.

By  the way, sega chief
That jenova life fight with zombie aerith was amazing. I dont know if this was your idea or not, but ive seen similar types of fights in other games like Breathe of fire 2, and man, i love that concept of having to hold back just to save someone. It was pretty well done, and how if she dies gives you great gospel, holy shit, thats rough, like her last breath. Amazing.

Seems that fight has went over well, which is nice.