Author Topic: Smoking?!  (Read 10070 times)

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
Smoking?!
« on: 2006-08-08 10:00:47 »
I just want to start a topic and hear your opinions.

Midgar

• View Profile
Re: Smoking?!
« Reply #1 on: 2006-08-08 13:42:38 »
Come to asia to get your secondhand! America sucks but smoking is everywhere in China! Coal, smoking, and other air hazards here... I got used to it and I actually like it.

Jedimark

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006-08-08 15:54:11 »
Smoking=bad

I can't wait until the new smoking laws here in England come into effect and people can't smoke in pubs.

Also, it's a massive turn off!

knives

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006-08-08 19:28:52 »
Massive turn off.
Smell is horrible.
Costs money.
Addicting.
Can kill you 20 years before you are supposed to die.

So yeah... It's bad. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006-08-08 21:46:02 »
Well Jedimark, wish you more luck than we had here in Spain. It's been like 7 month since the anti-smoking laws were applied here and nobody seems to ovey them. Too bad, because I can't stand the smoke.

Khaos1987

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006-08-08 21:56:09 »
I'm not surprised no one obeys them. Here in America we tried to ban alcohol (Something equally as addicting) And even though we had harsh penaties, most of the population still drank it. I guess once your addicted, not even jail time will make you stop.

I don't like smoking myself, but I won't stop other people from doing it if that's what they choose to do.

zero88

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006-08-09 00:37:33 »
I agree.

People, I think, don't forsee the possible implications of jailtime when thinking of going cold turkey with a highly addictive (even though highly illegal) habit. The potential psychological effects people see when dropping their habits forceably don't compare to what prison will bring, I guess.

Relf

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006-08-09 04:09:12 »
I'm against it, if nothing else it can encourage other... diseases I suppose you could call them...

mirex

• View Profile
    • http://mirex.mypage.sk
« Reply #8 on: 2006-08-09 05:50:57 »
Similair law is prepared here in Slovakia too, and I expect that it will create a little more of fresh breathable air.
I got used to the smoke but I don't like to breathe it if I don't have to.

Jedimark

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006-08-09 06:46:41 »
I don't like smoking myself, but I won't stop other people from doing it if that's what they choose to do.
It makes your clothes stink, it makes you cough, it makes you feel sick, passive smoking can be deadly (Roy Castle anyone?) and if people want to smoke then they should do it well away from the people that dont.

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006-08-09 08:33:09 »

It makes your clothes stink, it makes you cough, it makes you feel sick, passive smoking can be deadly (Roy Castle anyone?) and if people want to smoke then they should do it well away from the people that dont.

true
Roy Castle did a lot of things but the 1 thing i know him from is Record Breakers tv show
he never smoked 1 day in his life but he was a trumpet player in music clubs and where he need alot of air to play
Roy Castle dead of lung cancer cos of ppl smoking around him

my little say here is all smoking company's must be ban

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006-08-09 11:33:29 »
I smoke for 4 years now and don't think it's the most healthy thing you can do but I don't have any problems with my health at this moment and I think I "CAN" stop when the docter tells me to.

I agree with the no-smoking laws in bars etc.. because even I, as a smoker, found it too smokey in some places. Will these places still have customers when the law is put in here?

I hardly smoke anymore though, I only smoke weed on occasion (which used to be like 6 joints everyday till I got "older" and maybe "wiser").

MagiMaster

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006-08-09 19:30:14 »
I'm against it, if nothing else it can encourage other... diseases I suppose you could call them...

Yes, I suppose one could call cancer a disease.  Or an affliction.  Or a killer, even.

Jedimark

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006-08-09 20:05:54 »
and I think I "CAN" stop when the docter tells me to.
... when your Doctor is telling you to stop smoking it's because it's too late.

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
« Reply #14 on: 2006-08-09 20:50:31 »
The oldest man (well, most recently) lived his life drinking coffee and smoking ciagrs 0.o

RPGillespie

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/rpgillespie6
« Reply #15 on: 2006-08-10 03:36:16 »
Hmm, maybe -- however, cigars are not usually inhaled, and therefore affect the mouth more than the lungs.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006-08-10 05:11:47 »
My city recently passed an ordinance that makes smoking within 25 feet of the entrance to a public building, or inside, illegal. I don't mind the smell, but it's nice to be able to go places with people who do now.

knives

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006-08-10 05:20:23 »
someone had to say it...

Cigaretts killed my father.
and raped my mother...

spyrojyros_tail

« Reply #18 on: 2006-08-10 11:23:33 »
Hmm, Ireland has a complete ban on smoking in public places, you cant even smoke in a taxi (well depends on which taxi guy you get  :-P). To be honest its the best thing that we have ever done, there was a whole load of bullsh*t before it was brought in. People were saying that it would damage the tourist industry and blah blah blah, but at the end of the day people were more concerned about their health than anything else. And its as busy as ever, people try to pin their loss of profits on the smoking ban, but realistically Ireland has gotten to be a huge rip off an people just wont pay over the odds for rank pints in a sh*t pub, better to drink at home!

The only downside of the smoking ban ive experienced is that once the smoking ban comes in you smell peoples farts way more! Trust me, its the weirdest thing, lol. That and all your friends leave you when they go out for a smoke. But overall way better!

Sarah

« Reply #19 on: 2006-08-28 16:29:50 »
My mom used to smoke with us kids in the car when we were little....with the windows up. She said that there wasn't no harm in it. Ha, she wasn't the smartest of em.

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #20 on: 2006-08-29 02:14:23 »
[Some words]

Oh Great Gods! A GIRL!

Quick! Sarah! Run while you still can!

(Welcome! ^_^)

Khaos1987

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006-08-29 04:10:16 »
Now, now...don't be shy guys.

Heya Sarah!  :-D

I think that what you described is the worst part of smoking; Secondhand smoke. It affects you no matter your age, health, lifestyle, and so on. I just don't think it's fair that I should have to suffer because someone wanted smoke nearby.

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006-08-30 12:14:57 »
Well,..
That's just dumb.