Author Topic: New FF8 Fandub  (Read 28257 times)

Dakuryon

• The Magus Imperator
    • View Profile
Re: New FF8 Fandub
« Reply #25 on: 2019-05-02 07:59:10 »
Oh man I'm loving this so far! Excellent job, you guys!

Takigan

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2019-08-22 04:19:26 »
Episodes XXVIII & XXIX released.

namanjohnson101

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2019-10-14 15:29:22 »
HELLO EVERYONE,

Really good so far. You have earned yourself a subscriber.

For me personally Squall's voice is a little bit too deep and mature (for a 17 year old). But that is just personal preference. Still a great cast overall!

REGARDS

Takigan

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2019-11-08 02:40:56 »
Episode XXX and XXXI released!

We're heading towards the end.  I just finished recording game footage up to the gate of Ultimecia's Castle the other day.  Pretty surreal experience after working on this project for 3 years.  Episode XXXV (35) will likely be our final episode.

Gensoul

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2019-11-11 18:51:37 »
I'm just past disk 1. You guys have done a wonderful job. Especially enjoying Zell and Selphie so far. Great to see your team make it to completion!

Is there a FF8 voice mod in the works somewhere that can (or is) using your recordings as a base?

The one by Shard seems to have stalled out at 50% two years ago: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15057.0
Maybe someone from that project can share the coding work they did or can start another project with your recordings.

Takigan

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2019-11-21 08:05:50 »
I've talked a little about it with TsunamiX....It's a project he wants to see happen eventually, though he's pretty bogged down with his own FF7 mods.

I'm all for it. Most of my cast is interested in doing it (and those that aren't would easily be replaceable for this new project...We've built up a fair network of VAs). And I have people who'd be willing to do a lot of the leg work as well to see it happen, but we simply lack the know-how. I would start work on a voice mod tomorrow if I had someone with the technical knowledge to put the voices in the game.  Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but I don't think the ones with that  knowledge are necessarily ready to just give it away to some guy.  I'll say to those people 'we might be able to work something out'....so hit me up :).

Takigan

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2020-05-18 04:13:00 »
Episode XXXII & XXXIII released.

We decided to release 33 as a giant episode instead of a 2-parter, so next episode (34) will be the grand finale.  It's been 3 1/2 years...it'll be sad to see it end but it's still a great accomplishment.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #32 on: 2020-05-19 00:41:44 »
Those were some great episodes! I hope there will be a nice mod in the future that will support many placeholders to have all unseen dialogue during battles as well!

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #33 on: 2020-07-19 17:45:05 »
Can an AI Learn Lip Reading?

Maybe for the silent FMV sequences, don't be too harsh on me... just throwing ideas here and there ;)

Takigan

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2020-11-29 04:37:33 »
After 4 years of work, our Final Fantasy VIII Fandub is finally completed.  34 episodes, over 13 hours of video footage, thousands of lines, 60+ voice actors from all corners of the globe, amateur to professional, voicing over a hundred different roles. We are the first group to ever create a dramatic playthrough of the entire main story of the North American release of the game with a full voice cast.
To everyone on here who followed along, whether you're one of our 900+/- subscribers, or if you were among the 100,000 views who merely poked in to see a snippet or 2 after my constant prodding on here for the past 4 years 😅...I thank you from the bottom of my heart. 

I now present our final episode, "Fated Children", outlining the ascent into Ultimecia's Castle and the final confrontation with the sorceress beyond time...

Zure

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2023-06-07 15:34:14 »
I promote an extra episode, still dubbed by those guys  8)
I have realized the in-game scene with Deling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5AKDLarPMQ